420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /1701/tube -

Bashir by General K'Trelan - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 03:28:02 EST ID:2NhrYICC No.60721 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503646082905.gif -(1463217B / 1.40MB, 400x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1463217
There will never be a side series for the medical adventures of Julian Bashir and his team where they cure mysterious space diseases. ;_;

Give me your dream series.
>>
Vic Fontaine - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 08:24:34 EST ID:MUJ4M6tq No.60722 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60721
A complete remake of EVERY Seinfeld episode with DS9 characters and setting.

Bashir - Jerry
Kira - Elaine
Garak - George
Quark - Kramer

Dax in different hosts - Jerry's girlfriends
Dukat - George's dad
Weyoun - George's mom

Worf - Mr. Lippman
Odo - Newman
Sisko - Mr. Steinbrenner
>>
DaiMon Bractor - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:55:56 EST ID:Ppi/R+Gb No.60727 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60721
I've pitched this before.

Captain Jellico and his first officer Thomas Riker bond over their hatred of William. Nog as the chief engineer, 2Vac as security chief, Ro Laren on helm an basically is just a bitch to the antagonists of the week, the CMO is either a cute andorian lady who actually took a bunch of security classes and was a decorated commander in the dominion war or an ageing but stil retired Klingon spy either way the doctor is one of the most dangerous people on the ship and it frequently guest stars Garak who turns up like Shran does in ENT. Or maybe just ends up on the ship.

They get shit done and basically come in and solve problems that no one else is willing to solve. The twist is sometimes they actually manage to preserve federation ideals but they usually still manage to be dirty, cunning bastards. They ship they fly is a really unusual mod of a standard ship, like an intrepid class but with less science and more gun. Or maybe they have a phasing cloak and fly around outside the federation doing dodgy deals (or perhaps that's one arc).
>>
Zefram Cochrane - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 18:58:57 EST ID:bJrisuWk No.60728 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60727
so many great ideas to continue the universe.
instead these assholes keep going back in time
>>
Sarek - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:04:40 EST ID:Wqg7ST5a No.60729 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60727
>wanting more Nog

fuck off. not giving kids big chunks of screentime is the only improvement ENT and the NuTreks have made over the 80s/90s era.

although I guess he'd be grown at the point you're talking about, but still. bad post.
>>
Koss - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:54:28 EST ID:oaTY3ITf No.60730 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503708868261.jpg -(147098B / 143.65KB, 1200x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>60729
>kids
this again. Aron Eisenberg is not a fucking child actor, Herbert.
>>
Douglas Pabst - Fri, 25 Aug 2017 20:56:01 EST ID:ykiJhCGY No.60731 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60730
Yeah he had a bad kidney or something right, stunted his growth? He's like 5 ft tall
>>
Species 8472 - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 03:46:33 EST ID:Ppi/R+Gb No.60733 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60729
Yeah I'm thinking wheeler dealer who dealt with PTSD not bucket of Odo and bajoran village leader waifus.

I agree no kids though.
>>
Q - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 14:45:23 EST ID:Wqg7ST5a No.60739 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60730
i never said anything about child actors. i mean child characters. you either have them be children and do coming of age bullshit with them a la wesley, or botched attempts at making them deal with adult problems like nog losing a leg and being all PTSD. either way it rarely works and they are consistently the weakest characters of their respective series. even Kes sucked just by virtue of not being human adult age.
>>
Q - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 14:48:20 EST ID:Wqg7ST5a No.60740 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60733
I would like to see a grown-up wheelin' dealin' nog now that you mention it. i had forgotten all the plots about his business connects in DS9.

nb for double post
>>
Species 8472 - Sat, 26 Aug 2017 14:53:57 EST ID:Ppi/R+Gb No.60741 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60740
Yeah the point is Nog has come of age by the end of DS9. Albeit barely. He outranks Harry Kim.
>>
Chakotay - Sun, 03 Sep 2017 12:55:28 EST ID:xsj60mOo No.60789 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60721
a series where we get to see when the characters have sex

there wouldn't be more sex than usual, but we'd get to see it

you think sisco had sex with dax in the mirror universe? I think he did

sex sex sex
>>
Chakotay - Sun, 03 Sep 2017 12:56:29 EST ID:xsj60mOo No.60790 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60721
oh and real sex, not pretend movie / tv sex
>>
Jannar - Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:18:17 EST ID:WHTgKdAn No.61176 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60739

Nog and Jake both did the coming of age thing and were adults when shit really went down.
>>
Kolo - Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:38:41 EST ID:R6W8mQ9G No.61177 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was gonna say The Grand Holodeck Adventures of Geordi and Barclay but then I realized I could probably just watch some shitty weabfag harem anime and get the same effect.
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 02:25:46 EST ID:3q2kEMAP No.61184 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506493546223.jpg -(1223931B / 1.17MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Something set post-Voyager, it's a semi-disjointed series that follows various crew members from previous Star Treks that are dealing with the post-Dominion environment.

Preferably it would be somewhat ferengei-centric, centered on how they are progressing towards becoming productive members of the alpha quadrant, maybe the main characters are bankrolled by the Nagus.

I'd like to have section 34 involved in it, maybe they're involved in a plot to keep the Ferengei out of the UFP, maybe they're also involved in blowing up the star Romulus orbits around and our crew slowly becomes implicated.

All the starships they use are refurbished ships the Ferengei have bought from the UFP which they loan out to captains they think don't suck in order to build better relations with Starfleet, to mixed results.
>>
Harry Mudd - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 05:27:03 EST ID:vDfMz9Zo No.61186 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506504423601.jpg -(85788B / 83.78KB, 694x530) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61184
Hate to be the fag correcting but it's section 31
Maybe you Freudian slipped and you want a Rule 34 of Sloan and Quark

Anyways, that's a pretty neat idea. I'd watch the shit out of it.
>>
Kornan - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 07:46:24 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.61187 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61186
Section 34 goes around in secret making lewd holodeck programs of people.
>>
Yeggie - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 07:59:52 EST ID:d/+tdPAI No.61188 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61187
Oh shit maybe that creeper that was trying to get pictures of Kira worked for Section 34.
>>
Grand Nagus Zek - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 11:05:12 EST ID:C07/KjSN No.61190 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61188
it's like how they slipped "oh btw dominion" in a zany Ferengi episode
>>
Chell - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 11:23:15 EST ID:zQ+XXy3R No.61191 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61186

We already have a Rule 34 For Solan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLT_jcOQ8qU
>>
Grand Nagus Zek - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 12:54:35 EST ID:q3XMUiXr No.61192 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61191
Not gay or anything, but damn
>>
Lauren - Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:42:16 EST ID:EDgXmTWv No.61199 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60722

Uh the obvious seinfeld-Ds9 character transliteration is

Bashir - Jerry; friendly everyman who can be a bit superior
Miles - George; henpecked shlubby down-on-his-luck type
Kira - Elaine; neurotic spitfire, most focused and career oriented
Original Dax - Kramer; tall, wacky, likes lots of unconventional things, loose conception of personal boundaries

Quark - Uncle Leo

Weyoun - Newman

Can't fault worf - Lippman and Sisko - Stenbrenner, both of those actors are comedy gold.

I always felt like terry farrell came across as kind of sexless and don't see a problem with her playing a role originally written for a male.

This also has the side benefit of balancing out the genders of the main cast show facilitating my Jerry/Kramer slashfic.
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Thu, 28 Sep 2017 03:54:17 EST ID:3q2kEMAP No.61209 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61186
I just want to see a storyline of a pissed off grey haired Chakotay and a veteran Harry Kim as co-captains on a beat up vintage Excelsior class ship staffed with the refugees of the Maquee-Cardassian conflict having proxy fights with Janeway through various starfleet captains before she finally has enough of starfleet BS and resigns to run for President of the United Federation of Planets.

I always felt that Voyager could have been so much better than it was if they had just figured out how to give proper motivations to the characters.
>>
Pavel Chekov - Sat, 30 Sep 2017 14:16:01 EST ID:Ag9JAEQL No.61265 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60739
they are just always so weirdly wholesome. They tried to make up for this by making Nog and Jake teenage horndogs, but obviously that couldn't work because as its a kids' show sexuality is the thing that MOST has to be sanded down about a teenager.

It would be more believable if westly, nog, jake etc. were all naoimi wildman's age. .. I mean like when she looks 7.

Also, I bet in the star trek universe little kids could just wander around everywhere, because there are no pedophiles, so chief would be trying to fix stuff and and tiny nog and tiny jake would be shooting each other with toy laser guns. and all of their problems would make sense because apart from the sex stuff they behave like children.
>>
Guinan - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 04:56:31 EST ID:zrklsd5Z No.61315 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506934591962.jpg -(60672B / 59.25KB, 556x979) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61209
Voyager was the Trek where conflict between characters would have REALLY worked

The Maquis and Starfleet should have been at eachother's throats for the first two seasons or so and Chakotay should have been less of a yes man pussy and tapped that Akoonah at least 4-7 times per season for sweet hallucinogenic visions that could occasionally act as Dues Ex Machinas to save the ship
>>
Captain Kargan - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:09:00 EST ID:Rjwhi0U8 No.61335 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Law and Order: SSVU (Special Space Crimes Victims Unit)

Janeway: Miscellaneous and misguided judge who both the ADA and the special guest lawyer have to try to turn to their side. Doesn't give a fuck about anything, but when arguments seem compelling, god damn does she go with them.

Seven of Nine: Standoffish female ADA who doesn't really get how cops work, but has an intimate understanding of legal procedure. When she works on a case, you better watch out, because she'll roast your ass with either her impeccable precision or her slightly subversive and illegal personality (aided by omnipotent nanoprobes). Often gets in heated discussion with The Team over their inefficiency. She's often wrong, cause she likes to stay clean, but cops need to get DIRTY.

Copper #1: Odo. Nothing gets past his nose. A little too suspicious and enthusiastic about the law, sometimes his ethics get the better of him, and he forgets the human equation.

Copper #2: Worf. Ultimately submissive, everyone always tells him that's he's wrong, and kind of stupid, but every once in a while his show of strength is what saves the day.

Regular Informant: Garak. Doesn't give a shit about you or anything aside from his tailor shop and inscrutable motives. Yeah, he knows where all of the pimps hoes are, because he's the one who makes their underwear. But if you want a straight answer out of him, you better have a reason that's morally, and not just legally, compelling.

Coroner: Doctor Crusher. Meticulous, but also always willing to cast doubt on the initial presentation of the case when new facts call it into question. Willing to risk her life, and even her job, to properly autopsy a corpse beyond legal limits. Sometimes also goes undercover as a tap dancer.
>>
Guinan - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:41:01 EST ID:zrklsd5Z No.61336 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506994861525.jpg -(38627B / 37.72KB, 653x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61335

I would watch this..

I would also watch Seintrek, pic related
>>
Guinan - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:43:18 EST ID:zrklsd5Z No.61337 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506994998947.jpg -(29494B / 28.80KB, 470x199) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61336
there's also this
>>
Captain Rudolph Ransom - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:46:21 EST ID:QqBGlh8C No.61338 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>60721
I don't like Bashir. I liked him when I watched DS9, but I dislike him more every time I see him. Not that your series wouldn't be good.

My dream series would be set 15-20 years after TNG in the original timeline. Worf would be a main character, and I wouldn't low-ball him. Memorable characters would make cameos, but nothing too major. Picard might save the day or be a lazy admiral or something. Riker would come in and have sex with something. I'd probably even get Chipotle at the end and it would turn out that the whole show was his experience in the holodeck. Also, I'd have Quark and Q in plenty of episodes. Hasperat would be banned briefly in the federation from episode 4 of season 2 to the final episode (of s2), 13.

Worf wouldn't be the captain, just the security officer or whatever (haven't watched trek since early 2017 so bear with me), but he'd be important because I'd try and approach the last stage of his character. He was a bitch in TNG, and later developed as a klingon and star fleet officer. He was pretty badass in DS9 and was a tough klingon with respect and HONOR. So my episode would have him be like GENERAL MARTOK, whose name should always be in caps. He'd be a bit older, but still a fiery motherfucker, and he'd be a touch more rowdy than in TNG and DS9, but he'd still retain his composure and rationality from TNG and DS9. The main difference would be he'd have even less fear due to his age and experience, and he would have finally found his inner klingon pleasure for battle. He's keep his mind and the safety of his comrades always, but he'd also relish a chance to fight a worthy foe and get drunk on bloodwine after and sing about it.

The captain would, at risk of being cliche, be female, or a gay dude. Mainly because a character like Worf can legitimize a culturally feminine roll in leadership. Worf would be all "she is an honorable warrior" or "he is gay but powerful" etc. The captain would never show struggle with this cultural perception, so as to make his/her might/leadership more concrete, but instead would struggle with other things, the best way to describe which would be to say that this character would have similarities to Rick c137, in that he would care about his crew but struggle to show them respect. They would make small mistakes and he would impulsively shit on them, and the uncommon episode here and there would be about that.

Tom Paris would be #1. He'd be 20 years older, and he'd give even less fucks about everything, but he'd do so in a way which doesn't preclude his duties. He'd be there for the crew, but he'd always be laid back, like there's nothing to worry about. When everything seems hopeless, he'll surprise you and take care of things on his own. And when he does take something serious, it would be a strong cue to the viewers that shit is going down. Around the end of the series, he would die in some heroic sacrifice, but he'd go into it expressing that he would make it out alive, and nobody would see him come to grips with his death besides the audience. For just a moment, we would see the old Paris from shit voy, that fear he would exude when he knew he fucked up, but unlike in voy, it would be a fleeting thing, and he would grasp his new confidence, fueled by his love for his crew and desire to keep them safe, and he would perform whatever heroic act were required and die saving the crew. Might use excessive lens-flare as a subtle joke or something here given the drama and over-the-top action (in trek terms at least).

I guess Worf's son would need at least an appearance too. I'd bring Wesley back for an episode as some Q-like thing, and he'd make fourth-wall jokes about how actor and character are blurred in the eyes of the viewer. He'd generally shit on people for being a dick to him, but in a clever way that inspires respect, all the more so in those who have actually watched TNG. Odo's nigs would have an episode that they're involved in (or an arc) and Odo would be there. He might join up with the crew for an episode or two and do some shit. Him and Worf would be all "qa'pla!" and shit. Most of the crew wouldn't be human, despite the make-up and time costs of that.

In one episode in the fifth season, the crew and ship would be thrown into the charlie quadrant (or whatever it is) ala voy, and they'd make a callback even like, "oh man just like that shit trek lmao" but it would turn out to all be some alien trick or something so things would reset to normal at the end of the episode. Tasha Yar might have to show up in an episode. Some hot babe would be a yoemang in a miniskirt. Romulans and Cardassians would have a conflict. Bajorans would be enslaved again. Guinan would show up roughly every 7 episodes. And lastly, toward the end of the show, we would do a rascals episode with worf and company.
>>
Captain Rudolph Ransom - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 21:51:04 EST ID:QqBGlh8C No.61339 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61338
>He's keep his mind and the safety of his comrades always
yeah I'm drunk
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 22:55:28 EST ID:3q2kEMAP No.61343 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61315
They needed to work together to get home. They treated the Maquis like they were criminals they were tolerating for a couple of seasons, then treated them like a trainee crew for a little longer before they pretty much all realized the Maquis were put in an impossible position and just were trying to defend their homes. I didn't feel like they did that particularly well, but they did nothing particularly well in the series so it wasn't any more awful than the rest of it.

There is still a chance to salvage post-TNG Trek, though. Enough time has passed for there to be a good time-skip, where we can have a new Trek where as much time has passed in-universe as has IRL (30 years from the TNG premiere, anyways). Riker and Troi are a wizened power-couple running the Federation Flagship, the current crop of fresh Starfleet officers and enlisted are people who grew up during the Great War and hearing about the Voyager trying to get back home from across the galaxy with their crew of rebels and the Holographic Man, Picard is an elderly archaeologists who hitches rides on Federation ships across the quadrant, Janeway is a black-ops Admiral due to her extensive time traveling and knowledge of the galaxy.......

I just wish Netflix would buy out Paramount and take control of the prime timeline, and make this happen. Let CBS do it's derpy Disco bullshit, but let Netflix crank out post-Voyager content to it's hearts desire.
>>
Gralik Durr - Mon, 02 Oct 2017 23:03:20 EST ID:6IvnJUCS No.61344 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506999800984.jpg -(70027B / 68.39KB, 1000x424) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I can't really summarize and give a good example so I'll do some bullet-points
>post-TNG, set of three shows and one finale series
>first is basic Enterprise-following shindig, but about the lower ranked crew growing through experience or situation into the legendary high chairs, we watch the passing of torches but less Wesley, more Lower Decks
>second is sort of Storage Wars meets Farscape, a Space story about individualist misfits on the rims of space, on odd-jobs and data collection by signal catching, the guys that record the fuzzy projections of the past shot in the vacuum of space for record-keeping and stuff, while dealing with the myriad shenanigans of their outside-Federation adventures. Starts at Season 3/4 of the First Show, and runs five seasons.
>third is a Section 31 story where a new Starfleet Intelligence recruit stumbles upon a cell of the group and is drafted for his ability. Promotional start with a Starfleet Intel story but the opening episode flips the script on what it is, and what follows is a shorter series about him running into the darker Federation side, and their machinations and events, airs about Season 5/6 of the First Show, and runs three.
>the final season is a two-season event, culminating the myriad steps the three stories took into a war for the direction of not just the Federation but the Galaxy in the wake of a more supernatural, for lack of a better word, threat. Moments of matter and energy, as living organisms. Living FIre, Living Sound, Living Gravity, Living Light. No it doesn't make sense, that's the point, it's impossible and it's angry and it's burning through Redshirts like it's going out of style
>space is shrinking with speed and technology isn't 'visit other galaxies' stage, so the spirit of the Federation, (there's always another system to explore) is gone, basically it's a Federation without a Manifest Destiny
>Romulans post-Romulus get exploration like Klingons did TNG, looks into their order, their culture, the emotional states they never explored, the faith they had
>the Kirk/Spock, Archer/TPol dynamic is flipped with a newly ranked Junior Liutenant and his friend, a Romulan 'Architect' with a later revealed deep past in the Star Empire as his confidant and ally as he climbs the ranks, the first of the cracks in Federation Doctrine, the oddly human reconnection to the model Federationist
>the big themes are about fate and luck and introspection into what the Federation is, how it got where it got to, and what needed to be lost to make it what it is. Decidedly less 'political issue of the week' stuff, if any at all, episodes trumped with historical parallels (the Enterprise crew is captured by the once-hidden Byzanians, and are forced into deadly Chariot Races in the city of Psychic Revelers, and to break out and get their ship must start a sports riot by stirring the pot of the politics of the day - look up the Nika Riots)
>basically a Star Trek that isn't here to sell you on itself, or say 'this is where we need to go to be good' just a 'this is where we went with what happened, let's learn about what that made of those people and what their culture needed to survive or risk failure'
I'll be honest, I'm a libertine nationalist and I don't see any utopia in Federation quack, but it's a good template for good stories, and I want to crack a bit at 'the passing of torch/the outcasts at the dwindling frontier/the secret powers beneath' stories, culminating with a '11th Hour Battle for Everything' moment to tie into what themes we've had explored over the years. Star Trek first and foremost is, as William Shatner said 'the voyages of the Starship Enterprise' not 'these are the very important rebukes of the current existential threats to society'. Maybe for a new series that's a good angle, but Star Trek is a 50+ year icon of pop culture, do we need another whingy political allegory where everything else had one? instead of 'how does our captain fight Space Donald Trump' maybe instead try 'what happens when there's nowhere left to boldly go where no one has gone before, or worse you can see the end coming like a ticking clock?'
>>
Guinan - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 00:30:13 EST ID:zrklsd5Z No.61349 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61338
>Guinan would show up roughly every 7 episodes
Shit yeah I will!

>>61344
There's some good shit here, Romulus definitely didn't get explored enough

I think the moral of the story is that SOMETHING post-Nemesis is what Trek fans all want, it's pretty much completely across the board, I don't think there's anyone here who would disagree.. what pisses me off is that there's all these remakes and reboots and reshits of 80s/90s shit and none of them really worked, but TREK COULD, instead they just keep making fucking prequels

>>61343
Now THIS is legit as fuck.. Picard as an XenoArchaeologist slowly losing his mind because of Eromatic syndrome or w/e it's called, Troi and Fatriker on some super Federation cruiser, Janeway being the crazy Admiral.. I love it
>>
Gralik Durr - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 04:29:24 EST ID:6IvnJUCS No.61355 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507019364984.jpg -(79703B / 77.83KB, 1155x514) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61349
>Romulus definitely didn't get explored enough
Well, uh... I mean, there would be flashbacks but this IS the prime timeline.
>>
Guinan - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 04:47:26 EST ID:zrklsd5Z No.61356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507020446811.gif -(1309533B / 1.25MB, 288x216) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61355

Yeah well.. Romulan culture didn't get explored enough. To be fair, I did use the past tense. It might be more interesting to see what happens to Romulans and their empire after they get their shit kicked in by a gamma ray burst supernova. And not in the mediocre setting of Star Trek MMOs
>Jolan Tru my niggas
>>
Cmdr. Peter Harkins - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 14:37:12 EST ID:zpYHqVPg No.61366 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61355
This is the worst thing about Star Trek: Discovery. They set it in an era where the Federation is allied with the Vulcans, doesn't interact with the Romulans, and the Romulans know all they care to know about the friends of their enemies.
And if they did they'd look closer but you'd never see them.

After DS9 there's some actual room to go there. Only way Romulans are ever getting featured in Discovery is via their relations with the Klingons. Federation doesn't know shit though.

Every conversation with a romulan starts with "Hey I know we don't talk much and you're invisible but..."
>>
Gralik Durr - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:56:48 EST ID:6IvnJUCS No.61369 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61356
Well, what happened to Romans when Rome fell? Why do you think I referenced the Nika Riots?
Beta Quadrant Colonial Offshoot guarding a former Mad Emperor's bounties as a distinct group once thought lost as an initial enemy and later partner,along with the Romulans in the alpha unite as a Holy Romulan Empire. Final Series of the bunch has Crusade parallels for the end of this omnipresent living energy threat. Yes, there's probably a Space Muhammad in this, I don't know, but there is the Battle of Tours allegory definitely.
>>
Guinan - Tue, 03 Oct 2017 16:02:35 EST ID:ei7zpujx No.61370 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61369
I like where you're going with this.. sorry I missed the reference, I did know what you were talking about, just not by name.. had to give myself a little history refresher
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:09:15 EST ID:3q2kEMAP No.61386 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507097355575.jpg -(115160B / 112.46KB, 1222x587) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61349
>on some Federation cruiser

It wouldn't just be 'some federation cruiser'. My headcannon is that the Titan is a Galaxy class ship with a warp capable saucer section. Also Picard would be old but with a sharp mind. But definitely passed uptight Picard and more like Indiana Jone's dad in....whatever movie it was that Sean Connery was in.
>>
Private W Woods - Wed, 04 Oct 2017 13:51:13 EST ID:tMlmSe54 No.61397 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61386
>My headcannon is that the Titan is a Galaxy class ship with a warp capable saucer section.

Lol, with recessed pop-up nacelles like Voyager? That's gonna cost you a whole bunch of living space, but if your goal isn't to be a flying city I guess that's not super important.
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !FFV1SjUAV2!!RKUD5H8J - Wed, 04 Oct 2017 17:52:14 EST ID:xt60GgR3 No.61402 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61397
Nah, they don't pop up. They're directly above where the Star drive's neck meets the saucer, where those little blue squares are. There would be large thick metal plates that lift up and roll away to reveal two recessed warp coil assemblies. The auxiliary deflector would channel interstellar hydrogen into ducts that act as bussard collectors.

The star drive would dump it's warp plasma into the saucer's engines, detach, then pull from its reserves to resume normal operation. It would be designed that way to keep the thing from obliterating the saucer like what happened to the Yamato, or rendering the saucer inoperable like what happened to the Enterprise D.
>>
Guinan - Wed, 04 Oct 2017 22:11:51 EST ID:ei7zpujx No.61420 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507169511330.jpg -(1145926B / 1.09MB, 1600x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61386
>>61397
>>61402
>max speed is in the transwarp scale
>has superpowered beam laser that can probably destroy a fucking planet
>has a cloak

Yeah Galaxy-X is pretty much the coolest looking and baddest-assed ship that's ever been shown on Star Trek period.
>>
Raven Overcoming Orchid !Tz0ULG.7to - Fri, 06 Oct 2017 22:58:15 EST ID:3q2kEMAP No.61545 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61420
If the nacelle detaches with the saucer then connects with the saucer's star drive adapter I would accept that. I like the idea that the third nacelle is literally a spare the ship carries around just in case it needs to use it for something.

Also just added to my headcannon about All Good Things that the Enterprise D shown in that episode is actually the Titan, but when Picard retired they retired the Sovereign Enterprise and changed the Titan's registration to replace that of the Enterprise D.
>>
Guinan - Sat, 07 Oct 2017 04:41:59 EST ID:XBknZVTB No.61548 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61545
Headcanon accepted. It is now also my headcanon.

The way it looks, the third nacelle could be attached to the saucer section, giving it warp speed during separation exercises without having to detach it

Let it spread this idea like herpes during an exaggerated Roman style Orgy.

When STD inevitably fails, perhaps the executives will capitulate to our desire for a post-Nemesis show
>>
Q - Mon, 09 Oct 2017 23:45:19 EST ID:LJoPxYj1 No.61629 Ignore Report Quick Reply
A Sulu series!!!

With Tuvok!!!!
>>
Lupaza - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:03:30 EST ID:4EabeDGT No.61701 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507845810350.jpg -(15717B / 15.35KB, 271x331) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The Lives of Dax.

Plenty of flashbacks and LONG story arcs and good and soapy. Lots of buddy-buddy good time anecdotes with Ben&Curzon. Steamy hot sex&drama with Jadzia&Worf. Maybe relatable youth content with worthless whiny bitch?
>>
Lupaza - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:05:19 EST ID:4EabeDGT No.61702 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507845919350.jpg -(16236B / 15.86KB, 350x341) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
lol
>>
Jake Sisko - Thu, 12 Oct 2017 18:30:03 EST ID:QkvMscRw No.61703 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61702
It's literally as if Deanna Troi replaced Worf one day and had all of his memories.
>>
Leonard McCoy - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 00:54:35 EST ID:XN/CUYlZ No.61739 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Okay this just occurred to me. What if worf and jadzia had a kid before she died?

worthless whiny bitch is clearly without fire or honor or strength and is still revolting to worf but now dax is like his symbiote baby momma.

Obv O'Brien for the full budget of bullshit family drama but maybe if Keiko has been blown out an airlock this would have happened.
>>
Ulis - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 02:06:51 EST ID:EEwr1Hxe No.61740 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61739
>without honor

Fucking autocorrect is without honor.
>>
Tom Paris - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 03:46:16 EST ID:ZlJp0gcI No.61746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have a lot that I would love to see but I think the one that would do the best is to have it set in the distant future in the Andromeda Galaxy or one of the Milky Way's satellite galaxies but early on in its colonization. Because it is set in the future you don't have to worry about continuity as much and you can do things you normally couldn't and it makes going to these places feasible with developments in transwarp drives. One of the strongest things about this series is it allows them to Bring back that classic star trek vibe of exploration and not knowing what's around the corner. Once again seeking out new life and civilizations and boldly going where no man and gone before.

They can also tie up some things from the post-nemesis timeline here and there without having to get super deep into it like you would with any other post-nemesis show and you get around the UFP being so OP the last time we saw them. We've already seen and done a lot of what there is to see and do in the milky way and there isn't as much exploring left to do. Yes, there is a lot outside the alpha quadrant that is unexplored but it would be completely new and fresh but still have that core, essential Trek feel and you get a lot more leeway doing very updated versions of old trek ships and gear. No fucking with Klingons appearance or anything like that and it would be so completely foreign to us that leaves it wide open for pretty much anything. You'd also bypass the temporal cold war bullshit.

The best way to accomplish this IMO is one of two ways.

1. You have started setting up colonies with a small UFP/Starfleet presence doing general exploration and peacekeeping. By the time we get there they have already made contact with a few local races. A few season of pure exploration maybe running into a couple of potential big time enemies that turn into a larger issues worth of a season or two story arc, maybe not though. Maybe just keep it pure exploration and dealing with living on the fringes of federation space.

2. Very similar, colonies set up, some contact with other races but the outposts have went dark and the Alpha quadrant has lost contact. They send out their newest, fastest ship to head to the colonies and find out what happened.
>>
Jake Sisko - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:41:54 EST ID:zOP6CW8s No.61752 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1508092914191.jpg -(120098B / 117.28KB, 768x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The only males that exist are Miles and Julian. The rest are OTHER GENDERS.
Also, Jadzia and worthless whiny bitch would exist at the same time because of timelines or something. And they'd make out all the time.

Also, Jake Sisko would turn into a neopet.
>>
EMH MARK 2 - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 21:43:13 EST ID:4EabeDGT No.61764 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61739
fat worf becomes classic sitcom dad, weird ex-wife / worst stepdaughter ever.

What even would a trill/klingon hybrid be like? could it host a symbiont?
>>
SeVeNaD !v/GMq0JQd2 - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 04:05:47 EST ID:7IPkjT/K No.61773 Report Quick Reply
1508141147125.jpg -(17502B / 17.09KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Data has his own ship. He is awkward in all dimensions. Shenanigans ensue.
>>
Admiral Maxwell Forrest - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 05:41:57 EST ID:zOP6CW8s No.61774 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61773
<3 u sevenad
>>
EMH MARK 2 - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:17:19 EST ID:4EabeDGT No.61775 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1508170639361.jpg -(109372B / 106.81KB, 500x675) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>61773
fuck the crappy daytime dax soap opera

all hail Captain Data.
>>
Cmdr. Peter Harkins - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:39:04 EST ID:2xTrbl/0 No.61776 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61773
Except he has the emotions chip so now he's just awkward for giggles. Not that he probably wasn't anyway.
>I have heard that in moments of diplomatic tension, it is often helpful to find elements of commonality.
>Ambassador Byleth is demanding, temperamental, and rude!
>You share all of those qualities in abundance. Perhaps you should try to build on your similarities.

I had to look up the words but I knew the conversation I had in mind

In between solving mysteries and always avoiding using his superior strength to subdue people.
>>
KC Hunter - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 17:16:08 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.61783 Ignore Report Quick Reply
iirc in the semi-canon tie in comics to the FlareTrek movies over in Prime the 1701-E is captained by Data after his personality took over B4's body because fuck B4.
>>
Jack Crusher - Mon, 30 Oct 2017 07:00:37 EST ID:UJv1sNL4 No.62224 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>61773
I wrote a fanfic when I was younger, It was total shit, but thinking back on it, I think the premise could actually work.
>Lore is rebuilt by Section 31 who implant a chip in him to make him unable to refuse their orders
>The series follows Lore being a grumpy asshole that carries out the Federations most underhanded shit, whilst looking for a way to get out of Section 31's control and murder every last motherfucker he can find.

Throw in a few episodes where he meets and tries to corrupt B4 and maybe tries to have it off with the Borg Queen and I think the series could be fun.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.