Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts

Now Playing on /1701/tube -

Headcanon General by Guinan - Fri, 04 May 2018 06:08:26 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64475 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525428506639.jpg -(92632B / 90.46KB, 694x530) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 92632
Here will be a spoiler-rich thread. Beware, ye who haven't watched all the Trek yet..
>>
Guinan - Fri, 04 May 2018 06:09:36 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64476 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525428576184.png -(1617032B / 1.54MB, 1366x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DATALORE PARADOX

Throughout TNG, we are told that Data is unable to use contractions, he cannot say "can't", or for that matter "don't", "couldn't", "I've", etc. In the S3 episode, the Offspring, Data says that the usage of contractions is beyond his programming, and in the S1 episode Datalore, we discover that there are only really two differences between Data and his insane and unstable predecessor, Lore: Lore can feel emotion and use contractions, Data cannot do either of those. Logically, we can infer it's likely that the problems within Lore are based on a physical issue within his positronic net, a design flaw that could not be fixed without drastic redesign, and so some intertwined network of nodes which governed both the basest emotions and the ability to take linguistic shortcuts had to be removed, intended to be replaced by an addon emotion chip that can be shoved inside Data's brain like an N64 rumblepack. Maybe with so activity in that region of the neural net, it caused an issue with induction that caused short circuiting or unexpected thermal anomalies in the sensitive machinery of the android mind, who knows? The point is Data was mentally neutered in a fasion, to avoid the flaws of his predecessor(s), and he COULD NOT use contractions.

And yet, at the end of the episode Datalore, after having reinforced that Data cannot use contractions while Lore can, the following happens after the character we are told is Lore is beamed into space (OBSERVE THE RELATED PICTURE)

Data was beamed into space, and floated there for more than a year. Data was picked up by Pakleds and cruised around with them for a year or so. Between the radiation of interstellar space and the possibility the Pakleds tinkered with him, Data lost his mind.

Lore, meanwhile, remained on the Enterprise, taking Data's place, and only occassionally slipping up in his use of contractions.. and of course, there's the episode where "Data" almost commits murder, and then lies about it. For Data, this is impossible.. for Lore, this is not.

And so, once you see that Data and Lore switched places, you cannot unsee it. And the end of Nemesis is less sad/bittersweet, less a ripoff of the TOS movies, and more terrifying, like the premise for a horror movie where this insane serial killer robot's mind is inside a more retarded version of himself just biding his time and pretending to be retarded until the time is right...
>>
Guinan - Fri, 04 May 2018 06:25:19 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525429519333.gif -(1807887B / 1.72MB, 500x288) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
WE ARE ALL STILL IN THE NEXUS YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP

In Generations, the Nexus is a tear in space that goes all the way to that layer of un-reality that allows that pedophilic Traveller avoid prosecution by bending reality to his will. Inside it, everything you dream can manifest. I know, I've been there, and in fact having been inside of it gave me an ability to sense temporal or dimensional disturbances.

And that's why I have to tell you Picard never came out of the Nexus, and neither did Kirk. All the TNG movies are potentially the creation of Picard's mind, and the so-called 'action Picard' of the TNG movies may just be who Picard had wished he could be since a Nausicann stabbed him in the heart when he was a lad.

Anything TNG related after Generations doesn't really fit into DS9's timeline, despite name drops in Insurrection.

The fact is, if Picard wanted to stop Soran, there were many better moments to come out of the Nexus than the one he chose.. and pulling Kirk with him made little sense.. it was almost as if it was fulfilling a fantasy of Picard's, having an adventure with the great Captain Kirk

And then you have First Contact where Picard unleashes a fantasy of vengence against the Borg while also intertwining his fantasy of meeting the great inventor of warp drive...

And then you have Insurrection, where Picard fantasizes about the romance he always avoided for the sake of his career, and with a woman on a paradise planet where you never grow old and also can unlock psionic powers if you stay long enough

And Nemesis, where Picard fantasizes about facing down even the ultimate enemy: his own darkness

You see, we are all still in the Nexus
>>
Guinan - Fri, 04 May 2018 06:56:03 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64478 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525431363713.jpg -(48218B / 47.09KB, 833x627) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
THE VOYAGER CONSPIRACY-CONSPIRACY

Janeway was sent by section 31 to acquire technology from the caretaker array at any cost, her secondary objective was to explore the Delta quadrant, acquire technology, and achieve alliances on the way home. The original plan was to use the Barzan wormhole, but the ferengi fucked everything up, and Janeway was already mad with power

Seven almost figures it out in the titular episode, but her theory is dismissed, in spite of several remaining mysteries
>>
David Marcus - Fri, 04 May 2018 07:24:13 EST ID:bJrisuWk No.64479 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525433053816.jpg -(523690B / 511.42KB, 1522x1900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
datalore - they showed lore disrupting data to cause the twitch and possibly the contractions

voyager - moonface aka janeway was just a noob pilot who deserves no in depth analysis.

the movies don't count
who watches the movies?
>>
Guinan - Fri, 04 May 2018 16:28:52 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64480 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525465732095.jpg -(28776B / 28.10KB, 550x231) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64479
>David Marcus
P'taQ
>>
Jaresh-Inyo - Fri, 04 May 2018 18:21:22 EST ID:l5TvN503 No.64481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525472482856.jpg -(40682B / 39.73KB, 600x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
In an alternate timeline Odo made it to Earth and became a coke druglord in the 80's.
>>
Ambassador Soval - Fri, 04 May 2018 21:07:04 EST ID:Baaf62Fx No.64482 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64477
Can't recall when I first heard the "Picard never left the Nexus" theory, but I adopted it readily. It saves those movies for series' diehards like me who couldn't reconcile that depiction of Picard with the action hero version of the movies. Plus, since we've never gotten a canonical follow-up on Picard, it provides some closure as he and Kirk are in space Valhalla having adventures forever.

>64478
I gave up trying to rationalize, justify, and/or excuse Voyager. Janeway was a lunatic who should've been beamed into a jail cell the minute her ship popped out of that hole, which is another reason to believe that Nemesis only happened in Picard's fantasy.

I don't hate Voyager the way some people do, but my headcanon is that TOS, TNG, their films, and DS9 are it. They have a good overarching plot if you look at it from a Federation/Klingon-relations angle, the early showdowns building to ST VI and then a Klingon serving on the Enterprise building to an alliance that eventually includes the Romulans and saves the galaxy. Plus all three captains transcend the physical plane, gaining a bit of a literal immortality to go along with their legendary status.
>>
Ulani Belor - Fri, 04 May 2018 22:32:59 EST ID:56yGuDJo No.64483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The reason Q fears guinan is because of her time in the Nexus, she could see all of time and space, and exist anywhere, be anywhere as explained. She noticed Q's shananigans and interfered with him. The nexus granted her reality bending powers on a par with or superior to his. From Q's perspective this being appeared from some plane above his own, and he fears this. Since Guinan still exists in the Nexus, he still has good cause to fear her, even outside the Nexus.
>>
Ambassador Soval - Sat, 05 May 2018 05:34:50 EST ID:Baaf62Fx No.64484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64483
I never thought of the Nexus granting Guinan the ability to manipulate time and space on par with a Q, although that would certainly make him fear her. My headcanon for Q's wariness of Guinan is that she (whether by touching the Nexus or just by her species' nature) is able to detect a Q and a Q's meddling and can block a Q's powers.

She's not more "powerful" than Q exactly. She's certainly not an existential threat to him, but she's a blindspot to him and can mute his abilities to some degree. In "Q Who" she senses his presence, yet Q is surprised to see her there and with a different name than he remembers. When she raises her hands at him, it suggests she's preparing to block anything he might attempt on her as she doesn't actually do anything to him. In "Deja Q" it could be argued that Guinan was well aware that Q was powerless when she stabbed his hand, taking a rare opportunity to cause him harm. In "Yesterday's Enterprise," she senses the alteration immediately and eventually unravels it to the best of her abilities (observation and persuasion, not reality manipulation). That wasn't caused by a Q, but if she can tell when reality's been altered by a random event, it may be easier for her to tell when it's been done by an entity.

Q accuses Guinan of being a "imp" who trouble follows, but he's the one who can be anywhere and everywhere and who enjoys toying with mortals. She can spoil his fun and he can't get back at her. That's probably as close to scary as anything to a Q.
>>
Lt. Talas - Sat, 05 May 2018 09:59:02 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.64485 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I figured Q has a glass jaw and isn't able to omniscience at people who are beyond basic time sense, so Guinan and Sisko because he's part wormhole alien are both able to beat the shit out of him even if they don't have much for godlike alien powers beyond a mild awareness of things beyond linear time.
Q is kind of a pussy so he wants to avoid getting beat up.
>>
Ambassador Soval - Sat, 05 May 2018 19:14:23 EST ID:Baaf62Fx No.64494 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64485
I like that reasoning and the Sisko tie-in. "Q-Less" is pretty forgettable but that adds something to it. That's good headcanon that I might even roll into mine, though I still can't see them as being able to hurt Q, per se, if only because of his power level.
>>
Corporal Chang - Sat, 05 May 2018 23:15:01 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.64495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64484
>She can spoil his fun and he can't get back at her. That's probably as close to scary as anything to a Q.

That actually sounds pretty valid. Q is a creature of mischief. Or at least perceived mischief. I've always wondered if Q wasn't truly guiding some shit in human development with some high minded purpose behind it. Or, perhaps, other Q were doing the guiding and Q was just a rebel against dominant paradigm. Perhaps he was intentionally trying to fuck up some science experiment that the Q were performing. Maybe Q was the equivalent of a PETA activist who releases lab rats into the wild based on his own deep seated ethical beliefs.
>>
Cyrano Jones - Sun, 06 May 2018 00:43:20 EST ID:Baaf62Fx No.64496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64495

Q's altruistic streak was something I always simply chalked up to him just liking humans. I never got the impression that the Continuum at large had any great interest in us or really anything at all. It seemed to me that being a Q was boring as shit. A Voyager episode even centered around them being stagnant. Meddling with less-evolved species provided their only entertainment, and the group would censure any individuals who went too far as in "Deja Q" and "True Q."

Data told Picard once that it seemed like Q regarded him as a pet, and I guess that's more or less my feeling. The crew of the Enterprise passing his test made Q feel the way the first person who heard a parrot talk felt. But while the rest of the Q shrugged, he wanted to play with them more and see what else they could do, eventually coming to like them while still regarding them as nothing more than clever animals.
>>
Guinan - Sun, 06 May 2018 08:37:00 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64499 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I always believed that Q's unsaid secret at the end of All Good Things was something along the lines of humans one day becoming the Q after going all Gary Mitchell inside a temporal vortex or something
>>
Dexter Remmick - Sun, 06 May 2018 11:15:53 EST ID:6q7f8dAn No.64501 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64499
Q was gonna tell him that he just ripped a heinous fart but decided to let Picard catch a waft of it.
>>
Corporal Chang - Sun, 06 May 2018 14:00:51 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.64505 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64499
This. I always wondered if the Q weren't just super-evolved humans who time traveled to make sure they became super-evolved humans. Q warning Starfleet of the Borg threat was certainly a gift....
>>
Dexter Remmick - Sun, 06 May 2018 15:41:32 EST ID:6q7f8dAn No.64506 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64505
yeah but he never interfered with the Borg and even warned his son not to bother them in VOY, so maybe he knew that facing and overcoming the Borg was something people had to do eventually, and he just set the wheels in motion.
>>
Corporal Chang - Sun, 06 May 2018 15:46:02 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.64507 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64506
Honestly, part of the beauty of Q is shit like that. He is a very ambiguous character in his motivations. On one hand he is a pain in the ass, and on the other he may just be the PITA that Starfleet needs.
>>
John Cusack - Tue, 08 May 2018 08:42:52 EST ID:a1dhqo0x No.64522 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525783372594.jpg -(8951B / 8.74KB, 237x213) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I reckon the reason behind our boy Reg's social anxiety and general spazzery is that he's a genetic augment like Bashir, only the procedure fucked up like those "that's a stupid question" guys.

When he got hyper-intelligent and plugged the computer into his brain he wasn't "growing more intelligent", the incident just rewired his neurochemistry to unlock power he was supposed to have all along.
>>
Jimmy - Tue, 08 May 2018 10:10:45 EST ID:l5TvN503 No.64525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64522
At least he ended up better off than that one spaz with the "huh-huh-huh-huh-huh?" tick
>>
Ishka Moogie - Tue, 08 May 2018 17:25:30 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.64526 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64525
They're about equally spastic
>>
Dr. T'Pan - Wed, 09 May 2018 00:17:37 EST ID:4WVh8sFm No.64527 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My headcannon is that the Riker who is running the holodeck simulation of ENT is actually Scott Bakula's character from quantum leap who has made a leap into Rikers body and doesn't know what to do to get back so he just holodecks a simulation where his real self is the captain of a ship
>>
Guinan - Wed, 09 May 2018 02:50:17 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64527
My god that's brilliant
>>
Noah Lessing - Wed, 09 May 2018 04:05:49 EST ID:KwEqvsmL No.64529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64527
Ironically, all he had to do was accept a command of his own.
>>
Herbert Rossoff - Wed, 09 May 2018 10:02:22 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.64531 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64527
The real ending of Enterprise is that Captain Archer starts to give his speech and Sam leaps out.
>>
Cmdr. Erika Benteen - Wed, 09 May 2018 13:31:05 EST ID:reYuW18z No.64533 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64531
But was it the leap home?
>>
Gul Evek - Thu, 17 May 2018 17:36:43 EST ID:38Rd3CpY No.64599 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64484
My headcanon is that Guinan (and perhaps all El-Aurians, might even represent a schism in the continuum) is Q who forsook Q's reality-altering powers and roleplays as a mortal in order to better observe and understand reality. This would explain the almost philosophical nature of Guinan's dispute with Q, where Q often acts without listening and Guinan listens but rarely acts. Perhaps Q has nothing to fear from Guinan directly, because it's unlikely that she'd use Q-powers against him on principle, but maybe she holds some weight or respect in the continuum or can somehow affect Q without affecting the universe, which is taboo to her.
>>
Admiral Owen Paris - Fri, 18 May 2018 09:45:10 EST ID:5uU+DoWU No.64607 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526651110878.jpg -(68269B / 66.67KB, 720x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
My Headcanon on the Borg origin is that Unimatrix Zero is actually the "natural" state of the Borg.
This way the Borg started as an ancient space-fairing civilization in times when all the the technology that enable convenient space travel did not exist. To cope with the hostile environment in space cybernetic argumentation and live in a virtual reality was seen as preferable to the grit reality of dealing with lifelong voyages that can kill your physical body.
The collective was probably growing on a voluntary basis, because hey a shared vr experience that you can shape with your collective will is a pretty big treat.

This brings me to the borg queen which probably is the manifestation of some inter-dimensional entity. It might have enslaved the collective prior to the change to a war-like society.
This may explain the reason why the queen treats unimatrix zero as an existential threat, willing to kill several magnitudes more drones that the ones affected by it. It may also explain why the participants of unimatrix zero are willing to give it up so easily: If it is actually is the natural state of Borg it is only a matter of time before it re-emerges and can be populated at a whim of the collective once the queen is dealt with in all those different dimensions.
>>
Katogh - Fri, 18 May 2018 12:23:31 EST ID:HeFO2p/X No.64612 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526660611755.jpg -(53733B / 52.47KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I read through the thread looking for this headcanon, surprised no one mentioned it but if they did and I missed it sorry.
Whenever the crew time travels, they never actually go back to their original timeline but go to a new timeline created by whatever they fucked up in the past, but of course they can't notice it because their histories have been changed too. Even the Department of Temporal Investigations has this problem -- the reason they let Sisko off the hook for being Gabriel Bell, for example, is because the DTI they returned to remembers Sisko as actually being Bell.

This solves a lot of problems. Like, for example, why did when VOY came to the '90s it was full of goofy early computer era stuff like we remember, while to Kirk and Spock the '90s was the era of the Eugenics Wars? Simple, the second Voyager was thrown back by captain Braxton, it created that new timeline and carried our perspective point away from the old universe. You can use this device to explain away almost every inconsistency between the series.

Oh, and another time related one: the reason the 2260s look like the 1960s while the 2150s look like the early 2000s is because, just like for us, the same patterns of fashion continue going in and out of style perpetually, just like how earlier this decade '70s fashion was incredibly popular. It just so happens that 150 years from now we work our way back to what was considered 'in style' 20 years ago, and by 100 years later it has run the gamut back to bell-bottoms and flower power.
>>
Admiral Owen Paris - Fri, 18 May 2018 15:36:56 EST ID:5uU+DoWU No.64613 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64612
>Whenever the crew time travels, they never actually go back to their original timeline but go to a new timeline created by whatever they fucked up in the past, but of course they can't notice it because their histories have been changed too.

Yes this is how the "basic" form of timetravel we see most of the time. It's just "moving backwards" and "moving forward" in time which for backward time which inevitably puts them in a new timeline everytime they do it. Truely "going back" to the original timeline is impossible in that regard.

Only the forms of advanced "time travel" ala Annorax's Temporal Weapon Ship can come close, but then it's not truly traveling to specific timelines either. (Which is sort of the plot) it can only move along timelines that are directly connected to the one it currently is in.
Nobody is supposed to have the ability to travel to any specific timeline at will, except in cases where there is still a causal connection to the original timeline (time portals an the like)
There is some ambiguity regarding the abilities of temporal investigations because they supposed to be able to at least untangle converging timelines without branching off (re-integrating braxton and seven as I recall)
>>
Captain Rudolph Ransom - Fri, 18 May 2018 19:05:26 EST ID:rGJBY6UQ No.64616 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64482
>my headcanon is that TOS, TNG, their films, and DS9 are it. They have a good overarching plot if you look at it from a Federation/Klingon-relations angle, the early showdowns building to ST VI and then a Klingon serving on the Enterprise building to an alliance that eventually includes the Romulans and saves the galaxy.

I like this a lot.
>>
Lwaxana Troi - Sat, 19 May 2018 02:27:05 EST ID:TOt09G0d No.64618 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My headcanon is that Star Trek Discovery and The Orville share the same side universe.

In The Orville's timeline, the Federation was a precursor to the Planetary Union, much like the League of Nations was a precursor to the United Nations. The Federation collapsed under the weight of its own hypocrisy before good men like Kirk could salvage it, and Earth was left out of the galaxy's cooler social circles for a few decades.

During that time, Earth became a bit isolated and people grew more cynical. However, they also became less violent and more sincere about wanting to explore. So, after making new friends, the Union is formed and smart-assed but well meaning humans are the peaceful explorers that destiny intended.

Now everybody can get along.
>>
Guinan - Sat, 19 May 2018 04:50:37 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64619 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526719837568.jpg -(55107B / 53.82KB, 360x163) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Almost forgot this wasn't included

The ancient aliens in TNG's 'The Chase' whose advanced genetic knowledge allowed them to seed life across the galaxy eventually used that genetic technology on themselves and became the Changelings, the Founders. They are the Founders of the Dominion but also the Founders of carbon based humanoid life as well
>>
Weyoun 4 - Sat, 19 May 2018 08:25:03 EST ID:WedrHoVC No.64623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64618
>Cooler social circles
The klingons know how to party and their ships look gnarly and the Romulans are dark and edgy but less edgy than they appear, they're the cool ones. There has to be another timeline where the federation ended up metal as fuck and party with those guys and Riker's ideal holodeck simulation isn't Min in New Orleans but a black haired swedish chick he meets during the gap between Meshuggah and At the Gates sets at a gig in the mid 90s.
>My name is Minuet, and I love all metal- except Drone
>Why not Drone?
>You can't headbang to it.
>My girl.

>>64619
You could imagine that over billions of years their culture rose and fell (especially if they were lonely) and they forgot who they were. The founders' biological mastery is unparalleled. Unless you go to another dimension where its revealed they're still amateurs.

This would mean that the master has become the pupil by the end of the dominion war though.
>>
Colonel Lovok - Sat, 19 May 2018 11:50:50 EST ID:38Rd3CpY No.64625 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64619
I love this one
>then they end up having an obsessive hatred for their own creations after forgetting that they are their creations
>>
Julius Eaton - Sat, 19 May 2018 12:52:26 EST ID:3E7HtzcQ No.64627 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It doesn't end up jiving with what we find out in later seasons, but a little headcanon magic to make season 1 of TNG more fun is to imagine that Data knows more than he lets on and is fucking with people a lot of the time.
>>
Idrin - Sat, 19 May 2018 23:38:53 EST ID:7FETLPOS No.64640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64623
>This would mean that the master has become the pupil by the end of the dominion war though.

Not really. The federation only fought a small invading fleet of jem'hadar that got cut off from the gamma quadrant, and that small detachment nearly destroyed the entire federation.
>>
Sarina Douglas - Sun, 20 May 2018 05:50:54 EST ID:WedrHoVC No.64641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64640
Yeah but the federation also forced them to surrender or face outright annihilation and then from that position negotiated rather generous terms of surrender to show that they genuinely didn't want to destroy the changelings. These guys made friends, then their made friends attempted to make friends with them.

You can also bet that if the dominion is ancient it grows a lot more slowly than the alpha quadrant races, especially the feds who will eventually include Klingons and inevitably Romulans.
>>
Bernardo Calvera - Sun, 20 May 2018 17:05:11 EST ID:FC+57jcZ No.64643 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Odo's so grouchy because his entire body acts as a sensory organ. He smells and tastes every floor, wall, and chair he comes in contact with.
>>
Toral - Sun, 20 May 2018 17:10:44 EST ID:l5TvN503 No.64644 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1526850644641.jpg -(53901B / 52.64KB, 746x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64643
I bet he sat on a chair after Kira and got a good taste of that Bajoran Smell and that's why he fell in love with her.
>>
Yeggie - Sun, 20 May 2018 18:33:52 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.64645 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My headcanon is that Q is a beneficial force and is actually an advanced form of ascended human. His job is to ensure that humanity reaches that point, so he flits about time making sure humanity is nudged the right way. He did warn the Federation about the Borg after all.
>>
Borg Queen - Sun, 20 May 2018 21:06:39 EST ID:2sWhicgT No.64648 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64645
That one was pieced together earlier as well. It's good but I tend to lean that Q's interest in humans is relatively unique among Q. They just have so much to choose from. The only other two Qs we find out about to take an interest in humans or Earth ended up going native and being hit with a tornado for it. He likes to pick on what he considers to be lesser lifeforms to the point of being de-powered for it, and humans give him a challenge.
>>
Guinan - Mon, 21 May 2018 02:06:14 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64650 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Oh I forgot the headcanon known as Why Does Riker Win at Poker against a telepath, a guy who can see through the cards, a card counting android, and a Klingon who can smell the fear of a bluff?

It's of course because he never gave up his Q powers but only uses it to cheat at pointless card games and possibly to help him get laid
>>
Youngblood - Mon, 21 May 2018 13:19:59 EST ID:WedrHoVC No.64652 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64650
Lol though it's probably because none of them use those particular super powers. Data always knows the odds but not what people hold (though he easily could). They let Riker win because its more fun facing a challenge.

In the end troi couldn't read data, but she could read laforge who'd know his cards. So she'd be forced to play to beat Data before she could focus on laforge. Data meanwhile would be trying to take Laforge out as quickly as possible so Troi can't read him. Laforge would want to take Troi down because she can beat him but against Data it's down to the cards.

Worf and Riker don't have shit on that. But if the game is a mexican standoff it's going to get old quickly.
>>
Michael Rostov - Mon, 21 May 2018 18:39:51 EST ID:EHqfxK6J No.64660 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64650
He didn't necessarily even have to keep the powers. In the span of time that Riker was a Q, even with everything else going on, it's not unthinkable that he could've collected every shred of information on poker there is or ever will be. He could've lost the powers but kept the memories and been as formidable a player as a human could ever be. Getting laid is all thanks to him growing the Full Riker. No powers necessary with tha beard. Shit'll get you laid in any part of the galaxy.
>>
Deanna Troi - Mon, 21 May 2018 19:01:15 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.64661 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64650
>possibly

More like always
>>
Admiral Owen Paris - Sat, 26 May 2018 20:55:55 EST ID:ouEp/1iB No.64738 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64650
Best thing I've heard in 2018. This is why you get to tend the bar Guinan, why we get to have nice things.
>>
Guinan - Fri, 01 Jun 2018 03:38:03 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64771 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1527838683037.jpg -(116572B / 113.84KB, 1600x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64477
Oooh looks like I forgot a really good one.

THE TRUTH ABOUT STAR TREK V

Here's the deal. Chronologically, it happens moments after Kirk is ripped into space and into the Nexus in Generations. Think about it, we see many many things Kirk no doubt fantasized about, we can infer as much from his on screen actions and his implied duties and traits
>sexy cat women
>extremely dangerous mountain climbing with no safety precautions
>wearing T-shirts on the bridge
>seeing Uhura do a naked fan dance
>getting Spock to sing random ass songs for later remembrance and making fun of
>riding horses for some reason (this one is especially important since it also appears in Generations)
>making peace with all the dick races of the galaxy: Romulans, Klingons.. uh I guess that's it cause the third guy was the federation guy.. for some reason I thought there was another one. It should have been one of those golden midget people that was getting wasted during the diplomatic function in Journey to Babel. That would have been tight.
>yet still finding a reason to do battle with a Klingon bird of prey
>Flying to the center of the galaxy because why not?
>bullying god himself

So there we go, I rest my case. If you don't believe me just interject Star Trek V into Generations like I said earlier and watch 5 hours of AWESOME from 2 generally mediocre movies

and then remember that anyone who has been inside the Nexus can never die because a piece of them will always exist in the Nexus so their conciouness can jump into it infinitely and Soran never actually died he just got back to where he wanted to be and never left. Kirk too could be pulled out of the Nexus once again, because although he died once, his self inside the Nexus is within a realm where time and space have no bearing.

Kirk is still in there and ripe for an OG thug cameo. Just he's been eating a lot in the Nexus is all.
>>
Guinan - Fri, 01 Jun 2018 03:40:55 EST ID:b048m/L8 No.64772 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64771
PS Someone on this board came up with this headcanon but I can't remember now who it was. Whoever it was I fucking love you, because this one fits really well since V is very different in time and has a vibe of weirdness, almost dreaminess to it. Add to that the lack of an actual villain... and it just makes too much sense
>>
Commander Suran - Fri, 01 Jun 2018 06:47:48 EST ID:rSqgvTkB No.64773 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64772
I miss when trek movies were all different.

They've all been exactly the same from TNG through JJTrek. They got so samey that Justin Lin's Fast and Furious Trek was somehow a minor breath of fresh air lol.
>>
Kozak - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 18:05:08 EST ID:+IopAQD/ No.64853 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64771
Watched it a bit ago. I'd be fine applying this theory to it, but I was already fine with it. Keeping it in mind does smooth over the rough spots, how can it not, so detractors should try to rewatch it in this context.
>>
Dr. Denara Pel - Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:32:55 EST ID:vNwkKX1U No.64892 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64478
I like it!
>>
Cmdr. Erika Benteen - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:23:05 EST ID:jmSOtBOw No.64903 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The Vidiians are a Federation of species that all suffer from the Phage. This is why they have massive territory despite having a shitty disease, and why we hear about new outbreaks despite the Vidiians being defined by having the Phage.
>>
Guinan - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 01:20:23 EST ID:D65nZOLV No.64918 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528953623616.png -(192949B / 188.43KB, 691x436) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Tom Paris is actually Nick Locarno from the TNG episode 'First Duty', wesley's fellow cadet who accidentally causes the death of a fellow cadet in a shuttle maneuver and then pressures everyone to lie about it this one is less a headcanon, and more reality since they would have connected the two if not for the fact that they would then have to give the writer of that episode a royalty for every episode Tom Paris was in or something, cheap fucks didn't want to figure something out so they made him a very similar character with basically the same background
>>
Guinan - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 01:28:39 EST ID:D65nZOLV No.64919 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528954119513.jpg -(24098B / 23.53KB, 650x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Oooh here's a good one I've included in previous incarnations of the headcanon thread, another organic creation of this board, but unfortunately I don't know to whom the credit belongs for this one..

So basically, when we see Shran, he invariably refers to humans in general as 'pinkskins', yet we know he's met Mayweather, he's been on the bridge with him several times. So this might indicate, perhaps, by some innocent naivette of his own Andorian perspective, that Shran doesn't realize brown humans and pink humans are actually the same species. After all, Andorians are all blue, and their close psionic cousins, the Aenar, are only a slightly lighter shade than them in color. It's possible the entire basis of the Federation was built on Shran's mistaken belief that the Humans' Starfleet consisted of two disparate species that had already become so closely united, it was like they were kin.
>>
Kai Opaka - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 01:43:07 EST ID:l5TvN503 No.64920 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64919
Yeah I remember when that one was first posited. It's kinda genius in how odd it is, but how plausible it is. It would make perfect sense. It would have been awesome if they included something about that in the show but I don't think they even wanted to broach the topic of race. If I remember correctly, I don't remember race being brought up much at all, which is strange compared to how often it was broached in other shows like DS9.
>>
B'Etor - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 06:20:14 EST ID:bbZcChIZ No.64921 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64920
I think that in DS9 race was examined from the perspective of a humanity that had moved past it. It is never applied to hew mons in the present. That's the subtle distinction. Having someone distinguish between humans based on skin colour in humans openly would be like they're completely voiding the last few bits of Roddenberry's vision that they kept. Not that those issues aren't examined but that humanity has to be beyond them.
>>
Dr. Crell Moset - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:52:10 EST ID:HeFO2p/X No.64922 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64918
>>Locarno is Paris
Relatedly, Kira is Ensign Ro.
Also, although this one has less of a strong case for it, Letek (the Ferengi Shimerman played in 'The Last Outpost') is actually Quark, and Sovak and Par Lenor (the other two Ferengi Grodenchik plays) are actually Rom.

Basically I want all actors that appear multiple times as the same species to be the same person. For reasons.
>>
Guinan - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:28:06 EST ID:D65nZOLV No.64923 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64922
I always just headcanon'd that the Ferengi mentioned were all cousins, but the only one we hear about is the one who owns his own moon
>>
Leskit - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:04:11 EST ID:SfiMcBo4 No.64924 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64922
I'm pretty sure Dukat and TNG Dukat are cousins or something
>>
Keiko O'Brien - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:01:26 EST ID:7laFE9AV No.64925 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64924
Dukat, and Mucet are cousins in the books.

Macet hated Dukat, to the point thats why he had that awful facial hair. So he looks less like him.
>>
Nyota Uhura - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:27:00 EST ID:l5TvN503 No.64926 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64921
Yeah that's what i meant though. They never even brought up race through symbolism or time jumps or allegories oranything like that.

After second thoughts, it's certainly because after 9/11 everybody forgot race was an issue.
>>
Lt. JG Nog - Fri, 15 Jun 2018 08:16:38 EST ID:jmSOtBOw No.64928 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64919
>>64920
Well, I've got another weird racial theory for you:

Romulans look different from Vulcans not because of divergent evolution in the last 2000 years, but because they were already a separate ethnic group on Vulcan. The Vulcans are probably kind of ashamed about the fact that their history had an ethnic conflict that they kind of glorify, so they never mention it.

Surak probably worked like any other prophet spreading a new religion. It spread from where she started preaching, and somewhere along the line they probably became a little more forceful in their conversions. So by the time they got to whatever region proto-Romulans hung out in, they were already prepared to repel these people and their silly, new philosophy. But eventually they lost, and they all left.

Kind of makes me wonder if there are still small communities of holdouts, like Romulan Amish. No-one ever talks about them, they sit in their own villages, sometimes visiting the market, and holding their weird sex parties out of sight. It would also explain where Sybok got his emotional reasoning from. It was right there on Vulcan all along.
>>
Youngblood - Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:37:27 EST ID:VS0NeFQ8 No.64929 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529091447565.jpg -(4610B / 4.50KB, 257x196) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>64928
I like it dude.

It makes way more sense than: "evolution did it lol"
Also it gives more reason to the resistance to either philosophy.
>>
Donik - Fri, 15 Jun 2018 19:44:03 EST ID:5uU+DoWU No.64930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64928
It perfectly fits the backwards policy and social attitude depicted in ENT. (Arranged marriages, oppression of telepathy, dogmatic legal system, etc...)
If you extrapolate into the past you'd get a pretty bigoted society.
>>
Weyoun 5 - Sat, 16 Jun 2018 01:16:43 EST ID:5VzmgF16 No.64931 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64930
Vulcans are an odd bunch. They are all into "logic," but pretty much act like mystics when it comes down to things. And then they have things like arranged marriages for CHILDREN (TOS covered that when Spock got a boner and went all ponn farr on everyone...) and of course they kill if they don't get laid. Pretty barbaric, really. You'd think someone would have invented an anti-ponn farr pill so you don't end up with a society where some asshole somewhere is in need of some Vulcan pooty tang or he will dismantle his surroundings in rage. And then there is their weird psychic situation, where they can mind meld with just about anything...humans...space probes...silicon based rock monsters...but still can't seem to come to grasp with human emotion. You'd think with all that mind melding, they would be like, "Oh...yeah...I get it now..."

ALso, where ARE the Vulcans? My head cannon says that the planet is mostly desert and sparsely populated. You'd think there would be more actual Vulcans. In giant mega-cities.
>>
Burt Ryan - Sat, 16 Jun 2018 05:59:52 EST ID:5uU+DoWU No.64932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64931
>ALso, where ARE the Vulcans? My head cannon says that the planet is mostly desert and sparsely populated. You'd think there would be more actual Vulcans. In giant mega-cities.
Well, considering Vulcan has larger gravity it might be somewhat larger than earth too, considerable if you take the possibility of lower density into account (more silicates less iron in the core, weak magnetic field)
Large cities definitely exist although rarely depicted.

Other then that humanoid habitation itself doesn't take up that much space. It's all the conveniences we humans depend upon that do take up all the land area. A huge part is agriculture, which you don't need if you use replicators, roads, again can be made obsolete and most importantly commerce.
As modern consumerism probably is the last thing Vulcans could get into. So no need for malls, offices, ports, warehouses, etc...
>>
Quark - Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:43:04 EST ID:vfKzFqQZ No.64938 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64931
>They are all into "logic," but pretty much act like mystics when it comes down to things

Just like George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
>>
Boq'ta - Tue, 19 Jun 2018 07:56:08 EST ID:NqgU3Xer No.64953 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Vulcans are assholes
>>
Guinan - Tue, 19 Jun 2018 12:32:48 EST ID:D65nZOLV No.64955 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>64953
>>64928
>Vulcans are assholes
See? It makes perfect sense
>>
Dr. Crell Moset - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 11:18:29 EST ID:j6mxe6uk No.65002 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529767109304.jpg -(45441B / 44.38KB, 640x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Section 31 is the reason race realism's scientific fact is so openly denied in Star Trek, and there's a 500 year ban on genetic engineering for 'not always working' despite living proof of the opposite with people like Bashir. And in turn, it explains why every other spacefaring race has nearly zero genetic variation.

The original eugenics ban of the 1990s was logical because the technology had led to catastrophe, but also because the practice was incomplete. Wars in the wake of that, especially World War 3, devastate the planet, and leave society on the brink, with all sorts of social and cultural divides soon to split open. And yet, come first contact, all that disappears. The reason is the cleanup was aided by corporate and elite hegemons who had long since the 90s been tinkering with eugenics tech and perfected some minor augments. Concepts such as lower aggression, ingroup advantage reduction, etc. The basic plan was the beige unirace most consumer society leaders want, but also with higher IQ, reduction of impulsivity, and such to not act on nuclear oblivion so readily. Meanwhile, in comes the Vulcans, and the NGO's secret society gets an idea over the years; why stop with humans?

So every race they encounter, they analyze and tinker with the genetics to mollify them, open them to unification and new concepts, strip the elements that make them less Federation. They never could unify with the Klingons despite centuries of encounters because the genetic work already done would have countered them, or worse, been noticed. And they couldn't do the same with the Romulans because genetic engineering was likely how they don't have psychic freakouts despite being separated by Vulcans only 2000 years. How the Andorians went from paranoid brutal soldiers to nosy snippy politicians in a few decades. How the Ferengi that had the most interaction with human food suddenly starts talking about communism. And speaking of human food, how do you think it got to them? Replicators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk
>Quark: What do you think?
>Garak: It's vile.
>Quark: I know. It's so bubbly and cloying and happy.
>{ Garak smiles slowly as Quark speaks }
>Garak: Just like the Federation.
>Quark: But you know what's really frightening?
>If you drink enough of it, you begin to like it.
>Garak: It's insidious.
>Quark: Just like the Federation.
"But that came from a Ferengi replicator." And who gave them the pattern for root beer?
>>
Dr. Crell Moset - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 11:33:32 EST ID:j6mxe6uk No.65003 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529768012304.jpg -(65998B / 64.45KB, 600x644) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65002
And then, why don't you see diversity in any other race? Sure, there's exceptions like Tuvok but again, how many black vulcans do you see? Slight variance, sure, but we'll call any variance a new species for any other race, and only subracial categories for our differences. There are slight variations with German and Nordic people like other races, but nothing as open and ingroup denied as race in Star Trek... except with only a few people. Like Remans and Romulans.

The reality of other races that have achieved space travel, is that many solved their racial questions the same way we solved our Neanderthal question; we drove them to extinction. Unless as a slave caste, or unified by external factors like the Xindi, spacefaring travel usually involves ethnic genocide to the reduction of ingroup unity. Most if not all other spacefaring people just kill off the others. Same reason the Andorians' Aenar had to hide from warp-capable people until have a century before Enterprise, and were still so secretive. War and genocide is the only logical reason way. And Quark's rant at Sisko in Season 2 be damned, he might not call whatever his people did murder, but they don't call gender disparity in such extreme measure wrong either. Hell, they have 'distant cousins' in Dopterians, and they're reduced to petty thievery in a post-scarcity world. How the hell does that happen to a 'cousin' of someone crafty as the Ferengi without serious disparity?

Racial unity is not some beige reduction or 'oh you can't tell because race doesn't matter' jargon, race is noticeable, defined and obvious from first glance, but variation of that sort appears in few races as openly as humans. And the reason why, is our genetic preferences are universal, and would require hardwiring us apart to fix save a few elites larping as one people.
>>
Dr. Crell Moset - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 11:35:52 EST ID:j6mxe6uk No.65004 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65002
>>65003
>Dr. Crell Moset
Oh ha HA, very funny 420chan RNG. Smug pricks.
>>
Joret Dal - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:31:04 EST ID:MI2BlsDS No.65009 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529789464995.png -(227196B / 221.87KB, 512x366) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>65002
>>65003

>Hey, this guy sounds like some kind of Space Nazi...

>>65004

>The board gave him the name of Dr. Space Mengele
>>
Guinan - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 17:42:31 EST ID:7jBXZROk No.65010 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65009
>>65003
>>65002
>Computer, set keks to max lul
>>
Douglas Pabst - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 19:04:04 EST ID:0AzIZ9J3 No.65019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65004
We had a "what if Star ships have a /b/" thread, yours is tinfoil. Though most mental illness has been cured so it's actually reasonably well thought out and the plot holes are no bigger that what happens during the show.

It would explain the frequent interspecies attraction. Genetic tampering.
>>
Dr. Mora Pol - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 09:30:01 EST ID:QLb0aPr0 No.65024 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65019
You say its tinfoil but the shows themselves do a pretty good job of wrapping up any loose threads with a "Captain breaks Federation rules for greater good" that genuinely makes the Klingons looks like the good guys in Discovery. Without Discovery being the odd one out portraying the Federation as being a bunch of super shady villains with a good PR department.
>>
Ensign Vorik - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 11:53:26 EST ID:+HQF6OBb No.65025 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65024
Most of our headcanons give discovery the most tenuous status. We're not even sure its the same universe.
>>
Dr. Mora Pol - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 12:51:45 EST ID:QLb0aPr0 No.65028 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>65025
My point was that it's not necessary for Discovery to be in the same universe. The Federation is always just low-key enough with it's shenanigans to look like the good guys for long enough to write history, in every show. nb

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.