[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Has this place changed for the better? by Sophie Bardshit - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 18:11:47 EST ID:WJaFCCRy No.246471 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528409507943.jpg -(114137B / 111.46KB, 540x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 114137
I used to be an avid poster on various boards, circa from 2010 to 2014, and for the last couple of months I sporadically came back and just superficially skimmed through some threads, but now I've noticed that a lot has changed since then.
Can someone just summarize in a few sentences what an early 2010's poster needs to know about the changes since then? You know, kät plänets and what not.
The only thing I've noticed is that the politics board is no more, which I actually find to be quite a sensible step.
>>
Hedda Bibblewed - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 19:48:30 EST ID:XJdIQVzT No.246481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
All you need to know is >>246472 is Big Hentai, and he's a schizo
>>
Shit Chonninghodge - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 20:03:12 EST ID:tttAywsN No.246482 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246472
but if we weren't tripping over one another to play thought police and announce what is and isn't "/pol/" and is and isn't "/tinfoil/" what would we even post about

i mean an imageboard where people didn't constantly thread-shit with their inane opinions on whether everyone else should be allowed to talk about whatever they're talking about, can you imagine? how would that even work
>>
Charles Goodham - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 20:16:13 EST ID:3mt6UzfX No.246483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
half the people don't even smoke weed anymore and nobody can fucking shut up about politics
>>
Edwin Cruttingstone - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 20:47:01 EST ID:UuQtZLaM No.246484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246471
/tinfoil/ beCUM GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

__________ }}
__________ }}}
________ {{{{{{
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOO______}
______ OOOOOOO_____{{
______ OOOOOOO_____(..)
______ OOOOOOO_____%
______ OOOOOOO____%
______ OOOOOOO___%
____ OOOOOOOOOO%
___ OOOOOOOOOOOO
__ OOOOOOOOOOOO O
_ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
_ OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
__ OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
___ OOOOOOOOOOOO
____ OOOOOOOOOO
>>
Henry Gavingkudging - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 21:12:03 EST ID:l8Klt6lI No.246485 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah so there you have it. That's a pretty good synopsis of the place.
>>
Reuben Surringbet - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 21:12:37 EST ID:yScCaXR4 No.246486 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246472
I can't tell which side of it you're talking about but it actually doesn't matter.
>>
Celt vs the forces of Badposting !BzcOsK03.w - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 22:08:01 EST ID:gxX6r+T+ No.246487 Report Quick Reply
1528423681404.jpg -(178580B / 174.39KB, 1000x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>🚨🚨🚨Warning: UnGodly long post ahead from a man whose writing is full of errors at the best of times🚨🚨🚨
Holy fuck Celt writes a minor novel of a post: The Wall of Text: The soundtrack to the original motion picture: In 3D[/**]
I started writing this post and once I got going I really didn't slow down hence the insane length. Anyway here we go:

>When I started
I started on 420chan in mid to late 2010. Obviously /wooo/ was and is my main board, but for about 5 years or so I was a regular anonymous users on /b/ as well. Prior to that I used 4chen a bit starting in about 2008, but was never really quite comfortable there, in large part because they didn't have a dedicated wrestling board at that time.

It's funny, but when I first came to 4chen and 420chan, I felt like I had missed the wave. I thought all this amazing stuff had happened in the mid 00s and it wasn't going to be as good. And to some extent, I had missed the "hacker" era of chans that guys like Kirtaner had cultivated. I missed all the /i/ stuff and the raids and the genuine chaos of that era. I more or less had shown up right as that era had ended. Now in 2018, which is coming up to 10 years within the subculture, a lot of people consider me an oldfag, which is a term I never thought was going to apply to me. When I joined, only people who had been around in 2006 were allowed hold such as lofty term.

>Difference between 2018 and the early 2010s
What's the difference between the early 2010s and now? Less friendly, more political. More so in the early 10s, definitely in the 00s, chans were not associated with a brand of politics like they are now. (Cyber)Anarchism MAYBE but it was very vague. Back then the future used V from Vendetta as a mascot, and was generally anti-Bush, and anti-nazi (The Hal Turner raids for a specific example of being anti-right wing). When I came to 420chan in 2010, politics just never came up on /wooo/, and not regularly on /b/ unless a major news event happened. The radical shift that happened was m00t over on 4chen, in a very bad mistake in hindsight, brought back 4/pol/ after a period of deleting it. It ran for a few years, and then GamerGate happened. And while /pol/ was bad at that point, what people really don't remember any more was that it was contained. /pol/ and their right-wing stuff, that really didn't spill out so much to other boards. But when that happened, Breitbart came in and really started targetting those people as new readers for their product. And when old media caught onto that, what basically happened is a feedback loop/catch 22. Old media said 4chen was full of right-wingers, so right-wingers started to go to 4chen seeking that out. This very much so was the case in 2016 and it fundamentally changed all chans because unfortunately most chans all get tarred with one brush. 2016 was a key year in chan history and it had ripples across all the image boards going. Old media had funnelled right wing people on 4chen, and 4chen itself hadn't turned the tide for the most part (m00t did almost at one point when he did /mlpol/, but it wasn't enough).

/wooo/ is more connected to a wider image board world than other boards on 420chan, I'm not going to bullshit you on that. We can admit we have users who use multiple sites. (Some boards are the same but won't admit to it coughcough). The change is now is that we see a lot more politics brought up out of nowhere and rarely for good reason. And I don't want to come off as impartial but look, the fact is we do have trouble with certain people who are used to sprouting very right wing stuff out of nowhere and not getting criticised for it on one site coming here and expecting to get away with it here, and are shocked that's not the case. In fact it was never the case, that stuff was never tolerated much here on 420chan. But it's tough now explaining early 420chan values to people who frankly don't have memories of earlier 420chan, and perhaps don't even have memories of earlier 4chen. I know for a fact /wooo/ is still getting new users, people 18 to 22, and those guys never knew that era where using an imageboard wasn't associated with being right wing.

>The fall of the tripfag
Another thing very specific to /wooo/ but I see it on other boards on 420chan such as /vg/ is the death of the tripfag. /wooo/ is almost entirely anonymous now and that was hardly the case in the early 10s. Honestly, 20% of /wooo/ used to be trip and old screencaps show that. People used to very open on /wooo/ in regards to having an identity. Not only did people used to have names, often times they used to have their favourite wrestler noted in the name was as well, so, for example, something like TallPaull (TeamYes) #BgtGfd3gT. That's all gone away, and I believe that's mostly because of factors outside of 420chan's control. I think that trips went very much away on 4chen, and we saw the ripples here. The old users who were trips left, but the new users coming in didn't take up using names.

Back in the early 2010s, we debated so often the merits of trips. The main accusation was they were attention seekers, and now in hindsight, yes some of them were. But also in hindsight, many weren't. They were just regular users who made it known they were regulars to the site. Now that they've gone, I feel like we may have swung too far in that direction. Too many tripfags is a problem: You get a lot of drama and fights over previously held views, but now that I see the flipside, I can see that having no tripfags at all seems to lead to more aggressive style posting and not as strong sense of community. In retrospect, I feel like what the trips serve as is the regulars in a bar or pub. It's good to have a few around that everyone knows. They just give a sense of personality. I think there can be a happy medium. But regardless, I don't know if I'll see a return to that, perhaps saying this now is like trying to close the barn door after the cattle have already run out.
>>
Celt vs the forces of Badposting !BzcOsK03.w - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 22:08:52 EST ID:gxX6r+T+ No.246488 Report Quick Reply
1528423732503.jpg -(2883294B / 2.75MB, 2880x1800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246487
>Bans not sticking
So this is no longer some big secret but another major shift in 420chan culture has occured due to bans not sticking anymore. The rise of the smartphone really changed so much. When 420chan was created, it was for people who used a desktop PC in their living room or bedroom. If you got banned, you were kinda fucked, because in those days, you're IP was normally highly static. Bans used to be SUCH a big deal here. I remember in the early days of being a mod, I would have to have these knockdown, drag-out fights with people in #420chan on IRC over bans I'd given out, because people would fight to the death if their IP got hit, even if it was a ban only for a week or even a few days. Ban really, really mattered then. Smartphones, smart devices and to a certain degree VPNs changed all that. No one's IP is static anymore, they change multiple times a day. And so the bans mods hand out didn't stick and people realised this, and started taking advantage. Serial ban evaders became common and we would (and do) see people the entire community hates, the mods hate and we do everything we can to remove them and they just refuse to go. They'll spend hours and hours making posts that are only up 30 seconds but they'll keep at for some insane mental reason.

So because of that, A) it became a lot harder to moderate imageboards, all of them (we all have the same issue: We're all websites that allow anyone to post without registration, but the only way to stop people is IP based) and B) because of that we have a whole segment of the userbase who feel "the rules don't apply to me because I know how to change my IP right away" and will do toxic shit over and over again no matter how hard you try and stop them. Across the board we need a solution to that problem but alas, it's not on the horizon as far as I know.

>IRC and Taima.tv
IRC was still kinda a big deal back when I came to 420chan. A large percentage of the users knew how to use IRC, both on /wooo/ and /420/chan in general. /wooo/ specifically would have hundreds of users on IRC together for WWE PPVs. That's all gone away with now. For the general population, IRC just seemed to fall out of favour, I don't know if there was any specific reason but I feel like IRC clients never really evolved with the times and as the years when on they just seem more and more like relics of an era gone like AIM messenger or something. For /wooo/ it was sort of different, our community just as IRC was dying saw the rise of taima.tv as a vital part of the community and functionally what ended up happening is taima.tv took over the role IRC had played for us.

For /wooo/ specifically, taima.tv had a huge impact that imo was largely positive. /wooo/ went from being highly, highly WWE based to understanding and watching almost all genres of pro wrestling. If you're not a wrestling or even a sports fan, this is kinda hard to explain but watching wrestling is very communal. It's not like watching a normal TV show, wrestling is very much a thing where watching together is really much more enjoyable as an experience, even if that experience is only through a chatbox. So anyway, taima.tv allowing that communal experience really helped keep /wooo/ together in many ways and grow. For example, 4chen bans the use of most streaming sites, or at least used to, and that gave /wooo/ a massive advantage when imitators came along. 4chen created their own wrestling board in like 2016 and a major reason they fell flat on their face was at that time they weren't allowed post links to a streaming site like a taima.tv, and so /wooo/ came off looking A) more established, B) more free and C) more functional, and that really saved us from getting swallowed up from a potential monster.

>"420chan is dying"
This is something that affects all boards: The accusation that now the board or the site, in general, is dying. What people tend to actually mean by that is "the board seems slow to me now". Well why is that? In my view, 85% of that criticism comes from the fact that 4chen and Riddit had EXPLOSIVE growth over the last 5 years. As I explained earlier, 2016 saw a massive influx of new users into 4chen thanks to Old media (fuckshitfuckingbastardsfuck). In the same period, circlejerk surged in usership. In fact last week I read circlejerk is now more used than facebook. That's insane. Anyway, both of those things have consequences. And the consequences are people who use those sites get used to new content coming in at an unholy fast rate. You don't have to wait for stuff, it's almost instant.

Usership on 420chan has actually maintained growth (at least overall, whatever about specific boards) year and year. However, it hasn't kept pace with 4chen and circlejerk. And we can't deliver the blistering pace of the big boys. And we're not going to any time soon. I think for most people this is fine, especially those who are long term users. For a few users, they don't like it, they feel like have to wait around too long. Personally, I don't know what those people expect to happen even in the event we agreed we need to surge growth. We can't just magic new users out of nowhere (at least, not for free) but even if we did, as we've seen with other sites, a surge of new users who don't know the old culture can be highly damaging.

>Final general thoughts
I don't like to romance the past and I don't like nostalgia much. I think too often we get blinded by nostalgia and look past valid criticisms of the past. So I don't want to sit here and paint a rosy picture of 2012 420chan and say it clearly trumps 2018. There was plenty of fighting back then, plenty of drama, plenty of having to manage egos. But it had positives and I those were a strong sense of community, it was less politicised, and it was a bit more friendly in vibe (not always). I don't think the loss of the friendliness is 420chan's fault so much. I think the internet, in general, got much, much, much more aggressive and that's not something 420chan was going to be able to be an island apart from.

I still think 420chan has a lot of great qualities in 2018. The entire website still means a lot to me, not just /wooo/. I do think 420chan retains its own identity and it's own sensibilities, although sometimes we could be more robust with that. The site has been around 12 or 13 years now and it's proven it's stability over and over. Unfortunately, I think going forward we're going to be at the mercy of wider internet trends just as we have been up until this point. So I'm praying that the internet, in general, gets less angry and less divisive in the years to come and that the boards can be a place to blow off steam like they used to be for the most part. But truth be told, I really don't see that occurring for at least the next 4 years. So really we as a site to do is part of what we've been doing recently, doing our best to keep that negativity and angst out of here. Killing /pol/ and not allowing political discussions on non-political boards is probably better for the health of the website long term. We should able to enjoy our hobbies and interests online without this constant pressure to be angry about something and hopefully that can be possible on 420chan.
>>
Celt !BzcOsK03.w - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 22:12:24 EST ID:gxX6r+T+ No.246489 Report Quick Reply
1528423944414.jpg -(119939B / 117.13KB, 714x1118) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246488
>>246487
No one cares nerd

Sincerely,
Yourself
>>
Frederick Gallerbury - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 23:00:33 EST ID:2/scXFg3 No.246491 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246489

Celt, why are you such a fag for 4chins memes? Serious question (laced with biting criticism, but serious nonetheless). I mean, don''t you the the issue with enabling shitty immigrants by showing them that site staff embraces their shitty memes?
>>
Fucking Pingerbury - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 23:29:14 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246492 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Big Hentai made Kirt and Spardot loosen their assholes.

this sounds like a joke but is probaably true.

2 weeks ago i was listening to the 8 hour moot Q&A about him voluntarily relinquishing his control of the future. the recording was in 2015 so 3 years old, but it felt modern. he mentioned kirt as someone he respected because he created an alternate chan for a different niche (drug experimentation and use community) rather than out of spite to avoid his rules (such as jobber). he said this site being still alive is testament to that honest motive of creation. sounds true. but man this site is dead. it's just dead. the youth culture is elsewhere now.. i don't know. the 17-23s. this place is full of nostalgic, creature-of-habit 27-33s.
>>
Fucking Pingerbury - Thu, 07 Jun 2018 23:31:43 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246493 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246487
i always liked you, but was never involved in /woo/ and came at least around 2007. so it makes sense you have this backstory. had to stop reading because you have we little in relation
>>
Frederick Gallerbury - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 00:07:50 EST ID:2/scXFg3 No.246497 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246492

>this place is full of nostalgic, creature-of-habit 27-33s

Pretty much, plus the trolls from other chans. I first came to 420chan in late 2007 because it was a solid alternative to the sites I used to frequent, and when I checked out 4chins I knew right away it was a shit hole and never bothered to go back. I would imagine a lot of people discovered 420chan as an alternate chan to 4chins, but these days the site staff has let the non-/pol/ immigrants (although I'm sure some have slipped through the cracks) to shitpost on here long enough that 420chan no longer feels as wildly different. I'm not really sure why someone lookign for a the future alternative would come here now when it's so similar, I would guess they would go to circlejerk or stormfront instead.
>>
Augustus Wunningshaw - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 00:22:24 EST ID:GJgFjUA3 No.246501 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246471
It's all shit now.
WEBM threads are entertaining. But other than that expect as much bait as you would see in political discussions in T3H FUTURE
>>
Shit Chonninghodge - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 00:45:53 EST ID:tttAywsN No.246504 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246497
>plus the trolls from other chans
Not sure those really exist.

I think they're a retarded boogey man invoked by dummies who can't handle seeing posts that they disagree with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE
>>
Fucking Pingerbury - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 01:51:36 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246506 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246497
my friend, i simply disagree. i have alt-right inclinations yet i've been a regular here for 10 years at least. it's the change of the era, season, tides, whatever. i always liked the free speech on thse boards. remember /gore/ here? some spanish dude translating the spoken-word of a cartel murderer who gave some short speech before cutting off the heads of 2 offenders with a chainsaw. that's old *chan culture. i love it, loved that i was a part of it, miss it, and realize the reality that things have changed. hell as i write this I'm thinking of old stores in the area I live in, the strip malls, the workers in them who were there 10, 15 years ago. i loved them, i love them, and many are gone, or those that are still there have different servers, the signs a little more careworn and ragged. i love them, i love this place, i am grateful and ecstatic that i participated in this online social revolution on the front lines. these are old trenches, the stuff of history, a living antique. and god bless everyone who comes here and breathes life into this living artifact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7gJmobloY
>>
Frederick Gallerbury - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 03:15:39 EST ID:2/scXFg3 No.246507 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246504

Nah, I'm not talking about /pol/ shit, I'm talking about legit trolls that just post shit to antagonize people. There's no "agreement" they're seeking when they post, they're just sociopaths looking to annoy others. Staff fucking loves this sort of chaos, though, so they let it continue while they chuckle about it on IRC.
>>
Lydia Fudgefield - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 03:22:16 EST ID:8TkjQ06+ No.246508 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246501
>It's all shit now.
Not really. It's what you make of it mostly. Don't take it so seriously unless you're on the academia boards, and just try to enjoy the place for what it is. If all you do is lurk and grumble, then you're never going to enjoy your time here.
>>
Priscilla Bankinsutch - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 04:24:50 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.246510 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246504
Oh they exist. We had proof of the future immigrants and raid discords over and over again.
>>
Martha Dunningway - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 04:32:39 EST ID:sLCmdr6e No.246511 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528446759376.gif -(47317B / 46.21KB, 158x120) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246506
>i am grateful and ecstatic that i participated in this online social revolution on the front lines. these are old trenches, the stuff of history, a living antique.

imagine having done so little with your life that coming to 420chan merits mention
>>
Wesley Femblecocke - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 07:09:10 EST ID:9KJFXIHB No.246512 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246487
Good read, thanks Celt.
>>
Ernest Cinderforth - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 09:25:37 EST ID:KJXPtfJ5 No.246515 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>We can't just magic new users out of nowhere (at least, not for free) but even if we did, as we've seen with other sites, a surge of new users who don't know the old culture can be highly damaging.

Tough shit, I've been here around your time and I was also shocked on how slow the boards were, to its counterpart 4chimps, but I adjusted to that fact. Hell, I remember threads in /b/ that used to say in the page 0 for weeks on end.
>>
Shit Chonninghodge - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 11:43:24 EST ID:tttAywsN No.246518 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246510
Maybe that's happened a couple of times but 99% of the time when people invoke that shit they're just being huge pussies.
>>
Priscilla Bankinsutch - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 15:50:56 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.246528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528487456550.jpg -(40634B / 39.68KB, 630x478) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246518
More like the people crying about being called fucking the future immigrants are the pussies for crying about it.

Like, shut the fuck up you retarded jolly african-american. Go cry in your hugbox about being called a cocksucking outsider.
>>
Hamilton Hendledeck - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 02:30:39 EST ID:tttAywsN No.246542 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246528
You sound really new which makes me suspicious as to why you're trying to drum up tribalism
>>
Alice Beppershit - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 07:59:34 EST ID:58vPaPKl No.246546 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246501
Webm threads suck, go to YouTube for videos, /b/ used to be for intellectual debates and trolling
>>
Jenny Nickledale - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 08:16:39 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.246547 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528546599866.jpg -(107629B / 105.11KB, 576x917) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246542
Are you accusing me of tribalism? Seriously? Why don't you take your spooky ghost stacking chair shitting Minecraft ass and poop your way out of here?
>>
Hamilton Hendledeck - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 15:23:03 EST ID:tttAywsN No.246550 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246547
No, I'm not. I'm accusing you of something else entirely.

And I can tell you know exactly what that is based on how you're overcompensating.
>>
Jenny Nickledale - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 17:12:53 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.246551 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528578773866.jpg -(74025B / 72.29KB, 768x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246550
Overcompensating for what? My daddy taught me not to be ashamed of my massive dick.
>>
Isabella Worrydale - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 18:42:04 EST ID:KT5gWAJx No.246552 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246551
>my dad taught me not to be ashamed of my massive dick
Lol did you ever tell an adult about these secret sex ed lessons?
>>
Isabella Crishbut - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 19:03:55 EST ID:9KJFXIHB No.246553 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246552
It gets bigger when I pull on it.
>>
Ebenezer Changerwell - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 19:29:01 EST ID:/jK2DOpX No.246554 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246553
Well sometimes when I pull mine I rip the skin.
>>
Polly Turveystone - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 20:37:00 EST ID:7hJihqzw No.246555 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246483
basically this. used to browse like errday all the way back to about 2006 or 2007 or something. starting around late 2015/2016 it really took a nose dive and became 4shit/cripplechan jr basically. now i come here maybe once a week.

oh well, was nice while it lasted.
>>
John Pengerheck - Sat, 09 Jun 2018 22:29:03 EST ID:+KFtuoRc No.246559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528597743383.webm [mp4] -(7768153B / 7.41MB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246554
>>
Ebenezer Miffinghune - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 06:45:34 EST ID:lyQ1cktj No.246596 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246559
what is this
>>
Beatrice Billingwell - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:10:37 EST ID:jy7FeSwK No.246603 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Early 20s/teen antsy posting has turned into posts by people who've crashed and burned in their late 20s and early 30s.
>>
Beatrice Billingwell - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:11:16 EST ID:jy7FeSwK No.246604 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246603
*Angsty
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:55:25 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246634 Ignore Report Quick Reply
this site changed after gamergate which was what late 2014?

they went far far far left, essentially you have acutal street-thug ANTIFAs on this site who patrol it and connive admins to ban whomever they feel has gone too far. this has given a kind of 'tone' to the whole website, one where you have to walk on eggshells and you have a kind of echochamber since any opposing views are attacked with various labels until they are outright banned.

that's the main difference as a decade old user who still harbors love for the site and comes back from time to time. i've always had allegiance for the concepts that are now called "alt right" (these are not new ideas) even when i posted here in 2007, so as someone with that POV it's been really surreal, instructive, and unfortunate to witness this process evolve
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:58:17 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246635 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246603
yeah for sure. there's just a tone of jadedness that comes with age. it's actually quitec omfy, it's the adult's table.
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:03:36 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246636 Ignore Report Quick Reply
om gi already psoted in this thread a few weeks ago and didnt even know it before replying again. embarrassing. well this site is putting its other foot in the grave anyway, let's put it that way.
>>
Emma Brugglebury - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:05:37 EST ID:xC9413N6 No.246637 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528765537858.jpg -(20075B / 19.60KB, 300x423) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246634
Lmao, crypto fascist alt-right hipster bullshit. Smoke moar.
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:11:54 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246638 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528765914350.jpg -(46289B / 45.20KB, 400x493) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246637
i came here bc i was experimenting with a dozen types of drugs and discussing it with other people of like mind. that's pretty far from fascism
>>
Samuel Hunnercocke - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:20:10 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.246639 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528766410250.jpg -(160974B / 157.20KB, 817x641) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246634
Goodnight altright.
>>
Ernest Gazzleforth - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:20:55 EST ID:/jK2DOpX No.246640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246634
I don't think it would have happened if Kirt didn't make it his personal mission because his "friend" was "doxxed" by "alt right trolls", I have a strong feeling that if Kirt was never friends with that game journalist girl, he would have been mocking the stupidity of both sides right along with us. But instead he drank the coolaid and went with the bullshit.
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:46:11 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246640
yeah, Kirt definitely drank the koolaid. it was really creepy and sad to see his behavior defending gawker and their likes. which he still does to this day. idk why it happened, personally i think it was just for the fee-fees of being morally "right" and cozying up to power players in new media who sucked him off and he did so in return. whatever though
>>
Eliza Nessletod - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:00:42 EST ID:8TkjQ06+ No.246643 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246634
>this site changed after gamergate
>they went far far far left
You stupid knob. This site has always been very far left. Gamergate didn't change shit.
>>
Cornelius Sattingman - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:25:07 EST ID:4gvQR6Ey No.246644 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246634
>actual antifa thugs
>actual nazis

You know you guys on both sides are the exact same thing and you're all retarded
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:40:04 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246646 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246643
fwiw i actually recognize your user ID. weird how your IP hasn't changed for years. You're a total ideologue
>>
Phineas Henderpire - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:43:33 EST ID:gxX6r+T+ No.246647 Report Quick Reply
1528771413565.jpg -(34400B / 33.59KB, 680x383) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>246634
>[420chan] went far far far left, essentially you have acutal street-thug ANTIFAs on this site who patrol it and connive admins to ban whomever they feel has gone too far
>>
Clara Fanville - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:45:08 EST ID:2/scXFg3 No.246648 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246644

So much this.
>>
Charles Cundleridge - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:48:30 EST ID:UljIWUvD No.246649 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246634
why did this comment hit such a nerve? lol
>>
Samuel Hunnercocke - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 04:55:53 EST ID:Bmq2qufX No.246654 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246649
Because you talk like a fag and your shit is all retarded.
>>
George Minkinnere - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:33:20 EST ID:9KJFXIHB No.246655 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think it's the same thing as people who think the site is dead because they're used to 4tits being so much faster now. It's not really all that different to how it's always been, they're just used to posting more /pol/ shit over there now so it seems like a leftist stronghold in comparison when they post it here. Then they get upset that it's not the Nazi hugbox they assumed every imageboard is.
>>
George Minkinnere - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:38:42 EST ID:9KJFXIHB No.246656 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, that or they're knowingly arguing in bad faith to try and shift the debate their way which I can easily believe.
>>
Phyllis Billingforth - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:21:40 EST ID:E2B9mjpa No.246713 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>246471
This place had to become more liberal to put its foot down on the throat of nazi/facsist horseshit.
People tried arguing with them before and it didn't work.
People tried ignoring them before and it didn't work.
People tried telling them to fuck off before and it didn't work.
The only thing that worked was a zero tolerance policy and that's what you have.

If you don't like it, fuck off to all the other chans.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.