420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
A subject is required when posting a new thread
Subject
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Megg, Mogg, and Owl by Phyllis Shittingridge - Sun, 02 Mar 2014 23:19:52 EST ID:PFWMRHIR No.33457 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1393820392889.jpg -(880643B / 860.00KB, 1280x1826) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 880643
just dumping a little bit because this shit is glorious and hard to obtain
229 posts and 141 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Ebenezer Fannerman - Sun, 23 Apr 2017 09:28:53 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43097 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Anybody have that cropped reaction image of owl looking over his shoulder whilst bleeding from the mouth? Been looking for 15 minutes, can't find squat. Can't remember exactly what the speech bubble said.
>>40877
Read the books & saw the cartoon as a kid. I got the reference the first time I saw this stuff. Made it all the more trippy.
>>
cerebus - Mon, 24 Apr 2017 14:47:43 EST ID:pjPKNobv No.43100 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Thank you so much.
>>
George Fibberstock - Tue, 25 Apr 2017 03:49:12 EST ID:rwTJcIhf No.43101 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So, does anyone have a scan available of Megg's Coven or whatever comes post-Megahex? I'm really interested in seeing how the story continues after the Megahex ending.
>>
DepressedWitch420 - Wed, 26 Apr 2017 01:05:33 EST ID:jIUHW2SD No.43102 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Anyone have a scan of 'One more year'?
>>
Edward Bellyman - Sun, 28 May 2017 15:13:21 EST ID:vZGVY4ex No.43143 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43102
It's not out for another week or so.

Bump While Reading #3 by Cedric Grimforth - Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:09:24 EST ID:L2fZa561 No.42495 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1470856164276.jpg -(22299B / 21.78KB, 236x321) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 22299
>BWR
>post what comic you are reading or have read recently

I just picked up All Star Batman #1. The art for Two-Face is fucking amazing. I liked the twist of Alfred having such a big secret that he was willing to betray Bruce to To-Face in order to keep it hidden. I wonder what skeletons are in Alfie's closet...

RIP the old thread, it lasted 16 months.
180 posts and 55 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Phoebe Femmlebetch - Fri, 26 May 2017 02:13:16 EST ID:4Gje/d17 No.43138 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495779196728.jpg -(44780B / 43.73KB, 250x387) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I haven't read anything new in a long time. Years probably. I started reading Crossed, on some free online comic site. And holy shit. Holy fucking shit. I saw the memes when the comic first came out "Horsecock!" etc. Thought to myself "Well surely this must be the most shocking parts of the comic, hmmmm...certainly far out there but the majority of it is probably tame lame crap." and boy was I wrong. This is the most brutal, sick, fucked up comic I've read. And I'm sure there's sicker stuff out there, but does it have a plot? That's the question. Because Crossed certainly does have a plot. The first 10 issue series was brutal, the arcs that follow not so much, but still manage to match the first arc in places. I'm an artist who's hit a roadblock in my mentality, I used to draw fucked up shit, guts, gore, monsters. Therapy and such trained it out of me, but reading Crossed man, it just makes me realize there's no point in holding myself back when it comes to illustration. I realized I need to embrace what I'm able to create when I looked at some panels after the initial shock of the thing had worn off and said to myself "Eh, I can think of a few ways to make this even more awful...". I'm not a very GOOD artist mind you, I have a lot of practicing to do, but at least now I'm not holding myself back or scared to go to the places I seem naturally comfortable with.

If you've got a strong stomach, and you like real brutal stuff with a storyline, one that makes you care about the characters, Crossed is for you. I'm going to go watch some carebears or something for a palate cleanser.
This is the image I wanted to post but thought better of it. I'm sure people don't wanna see it every time they browse http://cdn.avatar-press.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/CrossedBad16Torture.jpg?00b2d5 but it captures what crossed is viscerally pretty well. So instead have this cover the whole family can enjoy.
>>
Walter Smallson - Fri, 26 May 2017 04:36:10 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43139 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43137
>He's also a wicked SJW
I saw some FalCap pages taking the piss out of SJWs with just as much venom tbh.
>HydraCap with any other writer would have been a cool story.
I have no investment one way or the other but it's worth noting that any other writer didn't come up with the idea. He was the one with a story in mind, he was the one who wanted to tell it. Good or bad he gets the credit, y'know?
>>
Sidney Blamblefuck - Fri, 26 May 2017 07:10:51 EST ID:9WYMAhiZ No.43140 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43139
True true. I should add that when I call Spencer the worst Marvel writer, that is IN MY OPINION. He has his fans. I personally find his style cringe.
>I saw some FalCap pages taking the piss out of SJWs with just as much venom tbh.
He wrote some stuff like that after everyone started bashing FalCap for being too preachy and having all the villains be cliche racist rednecks. To make up for it, he had Sam fight some environmental activists and a couple other extreme leftist groups. But almost eveyr line of his is written with a wink, like "hey, see how I just made my comic a parralel to Trump Vs Hillary"? It's not the kind of political allegory I enjoy. I like political writers, but not when it is so straight forward, preachy, and with such sub-par dialogue (IMO). Like, Falcon's current story is him protesting against being Captain America because cops shot a black guy and now he's ashamed to be defending America cuz we're all racists.

Him being an ass on social media also ties into my hating him. I could just look the other way on those complaints I listed, but then he goes on Twitter and talks about how anyone who dislikes his books is part of the problem and too stupid to see what is up. If you dislike his books, he acts like you must be an alt-right Trump supporter, when really I just want a Cap book with a writer I enjoy. I still follow the Cap books just cuz I like following all the major Marvel titles like a soap opera, but they are definitely my least favorite of the current relevant Marvel books. I enjoy Bendis books more, and that's tough.

>>43138
Check out then Crossed+100 story that Alan Moore wrote!
>>
Phoebe Femmlebetch - Fri, 26 May 2017 15:54:14 EST ID:4Gje/d17 No.43141 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43140
Word, I'm checking it out. I love crossed, reading Crossed Badlands now. I really dig that they don't play with kid gloves. I remember frequently while reading it, that the shit the crossed do, is shit that has really happened. Live Flaying, Torture Rape, Horrific surgeries, etc, it's all been done, on scales we can't imagine, during certain periods of chaos in this world of ours. Really makes me think. Humans are horrifying, a lot of media likes to play up how good we are, how good meaning, good natured, I like that the crossed is the polar opposite of the most sweet, beautiful, harmless kids show like Barney, or Carebears. As good as we can be, we can be just as bad. That's the message I take away from Crossed. Also the stories are generally exciting and enthralling. I want to see what happens next. It's such a morbid fascination.
>>
John Shakestone - Fri, 26 May 2017 23:53:33 EST ID:JcEbjX7X No.43142 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495857213132.png -(457373B / 446.65KB, 634x652) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Holy shit berserk is moving fast lately. I'm loving every bit of it. The next chapter is gonna be a hard read though I can just tell. They had to get to it at some point.

This week's One Punch man was good too, a whole 40 page chapter too none of that .1 .2 .3 bullshit.

What should i rad next? by Fanny Claydock - Tue, 16 May 2017 09:45:37 EST ID:+/l4Wjns No.43122 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1494942337855.jpg -(184792B / 180.46KB, 1284x722) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 184792
On my to read list:
>Saga, Vol. 1
>Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds
>Batman: The Night of the Owls
>Judge Dredd: Apocalypse War (or The Complete Case Files Vol. 1)
>Preacher, Volume 1: Gone to Texas
>Astro City, Vol. 5: Local Heroes
>The Thanos Quest
>The Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 3
>Black Science, Vol. 1: How to Fall Forever
>Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
>Top 10, Vol. 1
>Low, Vol. 3: Shore of the Dying Light
>Wasteland, Book 1: Cities in Dust
>Prophet, Volume 1: Remission
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
Ernest Broggleledging - Tue, 16 May 2017 17:03:21 EST ID:6o012Ass No.43123 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43122
Southern Bastards (ongoing)
Nameless (complete at 10 issues)
Grant Morrison's X-Men run
The Mighty Thor Vol 1: The God Butcher (arcs after the first 10 issues are lame though)
if you finish Preacher and want more, read The Boys
The Walking Dead.
If you already read and love walking dead, read Kirkman's long running capeshit book Invincible.
Doom Patrol (Grant Morrison run)
Sandman (the first arc is iffy but everything after is mind blowing goodness)
Watchmen
Swamp Thing (Alan Moore run, particularly if you like Sandman)
>>
Fanny Henkindot - Fri, 19 May 2017 11:24:39 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495207479256.png -(1965448B / 1.87MB, 2049x1276) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43123
Good recs tbh. At least the stuff I've read myself.
First instinct on seeing the OP was to suggest The Boys as well. Although Sandman, Swamp Thing & Doom Patrol definitely rank higher. Must-reads IMO.

...Reading those 4 titles back I realized Warren Ellis is conspicuous by his absence. Planetary's fine, but his best work's definitely Transmetropolitan IMO. Longer, richer, far more focused. And a lot more "Ellis" too, absolutely hemorrhages his caustic wit. That'll be my contribution for now.
>>
Fanny Henkindot - Fri, 19 May 2017 12:19:48 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43127 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495210788256.jpg -(492966B / 481.41KB, 950x1508) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43122
Scratch that, just noticed Thanos Quest.
It's short, fun and accessible, which is why it gets recommended on its own as a self-contained mind-trip, but it's slap bang in the middle of an epic some 30 years long so you miss out on a lot of context that would make it even better.
As an introduction to the character himself, it cannot be topped. He's been tempered by those first 15 years of experience and not yet condensed by the following 15, striking the perfect balance of complexity & penetrability. But if you have the time, and want to know the WHOLE story, maybe try out his first two arcs first (Quest is the introduction to his 3rd).
Both were published in the 70s. There was his feud with Mar-Vell, and shortly after that his tussle with Adam Warlock. Both storylines featured the Avengers heavily and had issues scattered all over the place, but Marvel compiled it all into "Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin" and "Warlock by Jim Starlin" if you can find them. Alternatively there's an "Avengers vs Thanos" TPB which condenses both into ~1000 pages. It skips some of the Marv/Adam context but includes every issue Thanos appeared in, including one or two that Marv & Adam didn't.

You know what? Read Thanos Quest. If you like it and want to know what happens next, read the classic stuff first. It'll give you all the backstory for what you just read and all the context you need for what follows. Plus Quest's short enough that if you wanted you could read it again with that new context in mind before starting on Infinity Gauntlet.

The Walking Dead Issue 138 - ? by Nicholas Bromblesare - Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:32:27 EST ID:BmMYaJEs No.38569 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1426120347134.png -(1201819B / 1.15MB, 1000x705) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1201819
RIP old thread.

So, the theory to Alpha's identity was wrong, but that was a pretty good issue. I especially liked one of the entries in the Letter Hacks.

So, that was some drama for nothing with with Gregory (probably?).
That was some pretty crazy shit with the Whisperers... Did Dante say... THOUSANDS? There's no way. No fucking way.
Did anyone else assume Lydia is a liar and manipulator?
They call their leader Alpha, their leader makes her own daughter call her Alpha, maybe rape is a common thing there, and Alpha is fucking nuts and just lets her daughter get raped because if she isn't good enough to get them off her back, she's just too beta?
That ending page with Carl was awesome and him going on an epic quest is also fucking awesome.

Where the fuck is Michonne?
Question for those who have seen issue 141's cover: Does Carl go free Negan for help on this journey?
256 posts and 38 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Oliver Nuttingville - Fri, 05 May 2017 02:40:53 EST ID:ocH2+pBZ No.43111 Ignore Report Quick Reply
all i have to say is... i have nothing to say.
Rest in peace
>>
Edward Peshhotch - Fri, 05 May 2017 07:03:13 EST ID:Vca921e5 No.43112 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Just realized that this means Michonne will die in the show in a few seasons.... :(
>>
Oliver Nuttingville - Fri, 05 May 2017 12:54:39 EST ID:ocH2+pBZ No.43113 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43112
who cares about that shitfest
>>
Jack Bidgeware - Fri, 05 May 2017 22:05:30 EST ID:Op3uvO7Y No.43114 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43112
I don't think so. They didn't kill off Judith and it has its own characters. I don't think the show has the balls to do something like that for the sake of story and character development.
>>
William Nuddleshaw - Thu, 18 May 2017 05:59:12 EST ID:+5ARPfAM No.43124 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43114
Judith was cuz sponsers get mad about baby killing. They still killed Glenn, but then people complained the show was too violent and the pussies at AMC said they would tone down after it. Using this death on Michonne would be a perfect meet in the middle of killing a core, non-baby character in a relatively non-gory way.

Fixing the X-Men by Nell Grimwater - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:29:04 EST ID:HNCSxILI No.43039 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1489789744411.jpg -(192071B / 187.57KB, 900x554) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 192071
Let's say Marvel hires you tomorrow to fix the X-Men. (think DC Rebirth in response to the New 52)

In the current world of Marvel comics
  • Where should the X-Men -- and mutants -- be in the greater Marvel landscape? Any big picture ideas?
  • How many books (solo & team) should there be?
  • How many teams should there be in-universe?
  • What kind of writers / artists would you be hiring?
12 posts and 5 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Shit Nozzleville - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:45:27 EST ID:xfltTItF No.43091 Report Quick Reply
Anyone else here love X-Men Blue way more than Gold? Based Bunn once again writing the only good X-book for the third era in a row (Magneto during the Bendis era, Uncanny during the Lemire run, now this). Weapon X sucked, though.
>>
Phineas Nicklestock - Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:28:41 EST ID:VEuqFKdz No.43098 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43091
Eh, I think they're about even. Need to wait for the first arcs to end to render that kind of judgement.

Weapon X was average, but I am interested in that new character they're bringing in. I'm guessing it's a new 616 version of Jimmy Hudson (Wolverine's son in the Ultimate universe)
It's kinda fucking stupid though, we don't need all these fucking Wolverines. Nobody wants all these Wolverines. They just want normal fucking Logan. The only reason people like X-23 is because of all the character development she had BEFORE she inexplicably decided to just be Wolverine instead of her own person.

Fucks sake, if youre gonna kill off a character, even temporarily, stick with it. Don't cop-out by making some other character randomly decide to be their successor and/or shitting out a pile of knockoff, dollar store versions of that character.
>>
Cornelius Bunway - Tue, 02 May 2017 18:50:58 EST ID:Vca921e5 No.43108 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43098
We got 2nd issues of both and I am firmly in team Blue over Gold. Blue just has more flow and feels like you get a full story per issue while still setting up a bigger arc, Chris Claremont style. Gold is too slow paced like most modern comics, two issues and one fight has barely progressed. I re-read #1 and noticed extra anti-semitism besides the hidden numbers, the artist literally used shadows to draw swastikas on Kittie Pryde's face. What a fuckhead.
Weapon X is utter shit, I will continue torrenting it and flipping through the pics incase anything happens but i stopped bothering to even read the dialogue, I just picture walk that bitch.
>>
Walter Mengermat - Wed, 10 May 2017 21:52:37 EST ID:DHG4Qdh4 No.43117 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43098
I'm honestly fine with having old man Logan and Laura around but Jimmy seems like Wolverine overkill. That and Sabretooth became a good guy for a while through some deus ex machinma bullshit. My favorite series is All new Wolverine but I don't think it's ever been part of this larger X-Men problem. I'm fine with her taking over the mantle, she makes a "bub" joke here and there but I don't think she "became wolverine". A lot of people complain about her chilling out, rightfully so IMO. I think it makes sense she would be less sociably awkward NOW but the way they just made her normal in New X-men was fucking terrible.

On the subject of Blue, I dunno how they did it but I don't actually hate this one. This is coming from a guy who HATES these time displaced original mutants. I'm not a really a fan of any of the characters but it's fun. Gold wasn't terrible or anything but ya, I actually preferred blue. Second issue of weapon X was a lot better than the first one IMO.

They aren't knocking it out of the park or anything but this Resurrection thing hasn't been complete garbage.
>>
Hugh Drungergold - Mon, 15 May 2017 07:00:47 EST ID:uowx0HkA No.43121 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43117
Neither book neccesarily has a better plot. It's just that Bunn is better at characterization, has Magneto in his roster, and also is better at making single issues of a comic feel like a full issue. Gold has the curse of very minimal dialogue per page and feeling like a gip weekly. Might be better off letting that book build up then binge reading every couple months. Blue feels like a full experience every time, not just a little snippet.

Marvel hates diversity by Cedric Wendlehan - Tue, 04 Apr 2017 03:31:06 EST ID:XIWNydXc No.43067 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1491291066444.jpg -(43417B / 42.40KB, 381x432) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 43417
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39487917/marvel-boss-says-move-towards-more-diverse-characters-is-killing-sales

Honestly... it's just their shitty shoehorning of "diversity" that is killing sales.
>>
Isabella Nengerway - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 06:23:02 EST ID:jNMqUSC0 No.43069 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Rebooting and forcing a message of diversity are both tough pills to swallow. You put them together, and it's a suppository people won't take unless they really effing need it. Both DC and Marvel are kind of caught up in that jive, don't fix it if it ain't broken.
>>
Fucking Dommlesat - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 14:58:42 EST ID:DxhBNIMq No.43086 Ignore Report Quick Reply
please go back to /co/
>>
Henry Brobblemedge - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:48:56 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43088 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43086
noh
>>
Walter Mengermat - Wed, 10 May 2017 22:01:48 EST ID:DHG4Qdh4 No.43118 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Fun Fact: (Maybe not a fact but it makes a lot sense). This Diversity thing is not for comic sales, it's for their movies. Marvel doesn't make dick in comic sales compared to movie sales. People are going to be more willing to see an apprentice of a different gender or ethnicity take over the matle than a new actor. I'm not huge into the movies but people would loose their shit if they just re cast Robert Downy Jr like it was nothing. Moneys in the movies, even if the comic sales take a hit it doesn't really matter in the long run to them.

The best Eddie Brock/Venom story lines by Hugh Sibbertuck - Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:07:13 EST ID:LYkzF5Av No.42594 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1474484833395.jpg -(170764B / 166.76KB, 1040x1600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 170764
What are the best comic books of Eddie as Venom?
P.S. Don't post any Flash Thompson shit!
22 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Eugene Gellerfitch - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:31:36 EST ID:WZZx5TRx No.42964 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42942
He'd probably smell it, then eat it.
>>
Fanny Weblingfield - Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:05:59 EST ID:8UvcAJvy No.42980 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Eddie is going to be a Venom again!
Yeah baby, the original Venom will be back in the upcoming Venom chapter!
>>
Fanny Weblingfield - Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:16:29 EST ID:8UvcAJvy No.42983 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487866589451.png -(3298496B / 3.15MB, 2080x3200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42594
Here's the better quality version of that picture
>>
Simon Gagglelock - Sun, 23 Apr 2017 08:31:09 EST ID:JI9EW6tq No.43096 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Eddie is back, bitches!
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Brock_(Earth-616)
>>
Walter Mengermat - Wed, 10 May 2017 21:34:36 EST ID:DHG4Qdh4 No.43116 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I don't really care if it's Eddie, Lee, Flash, Mac, whoever... The symbiote is the real start of the show now IMO. I've been enjoying the series (praised the first issue, lost some steam but still pretty good). The one thing I don't get is Eddie Brock's morality... Maybe they explain it in the upcoming issue, am I wrong or is Eddie not the type to merc a government security type in cold blood to get the symbiote back?... Also doesn't Eddie hate "Venom"? I know a lot of stuff has happened over the years but I thought he was more happy about the Anti Venom situation than the original suit.

Weird Manga by Cyril Mizzlesun - Fri, 21 Apr 2017 04:52:41 EST ID:/sRP6oA+ No.43094 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1492764761786.gif -(1044734B / 1020.25KB, 500x281) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1044734
So i read this weird manga many years ago and I've never been able to figure out what it was. I remember a few things, a convenience store robbery with a clerk watching porn, giant wresters with naked women climbing all over them, a character that grabs a censor bar and breaks it revealing an entire 2 pages worth of a close up set of boobs. No idea on title or anything. Any suggestions?

One Piece by Frederick Cublingfield - Fri, 07 Nov 2014 07:46:47 EST ID:4FuwJFMm No.37058 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1415364407053.png -(139681B / 136.41KB, 500x634) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 139681
I figure One Piece will be put under the spotlight now that Naruto is officially over. I was curious as to how many people in /616/ keep up with One Piece. Hopefully this thread will reach the limit like the Naruto thread did. If not, then no big deal. One Piece was being brought up in the Naruto general, as well as the party thread.

If you haven't fucked with it before, it's a pretty solid manga. The fights aren't really memorable, but the characters make up for everything. And SOME of the films were surprisingly good, unlike the Naruto films. However, reading One Piece is a terrible chore to do until Water 7 arc. Alabasta and Skypiea arc were ridiculously long and boring. I promise you that you'll be rewarded for your efforts once you reach Water 7.

Supposedly the manga is at a really good part, but I haven't read it since Sabo ate the Mera Mera no Mi. But I promised myself that I was marathon these chapters once the semester is over.
407 posts and 72 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Jack Blovingfoot - Sun, 07 Aug 2016 13:24:37 EST ID:MzQGMLea No.42483 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42475
weirdly dark? you mean the whole dictatorship stuff there was in dressrosa isn't creepy as fuck? before that, there was a mad scientist trying out biological weapons and testing out special drugs to make kids giants. before even that, we had a racism arc. One Piece has always been "weirdly" dark, we're seeing stuff that is legit terrifying mostly from the eyes of luffy, who is a very simpleminded person. the op world is very fucked up yo
>>
Reuben Dimmleford - Fri, 28 Oct 2016 04:19:34 EST ID:A4d3lyIn No.42712 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The new chapter killed me, fuck that was heart breaking.
So is Luffy's tooth gone for good or
>>
Cornelius Clubblepeck - Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:25:34 EST ID:Akf9jar2 No.42714 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42712
It wasn't that great until the end. I honestly don't remember if he has ever said it before, but Luffy putting aside his own dream is big. Wonder what is Luffy going to do once he discovers they've got Zeff and Sanji's hands hostage. Considering how dumb this manga gets at certain times, it's possible Judge himself or even one of the Vinsmoke kids is going to directly tell him the situation just because.
>>
Eliza Sedgewell - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 14:01:34 EST ID:k4yA+jd+ No.43047 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490119294467.jpg -(147015B / 143.57KB, 728x1075) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42712
little milk will do
>>
Jenny Billingfuck - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 17:09:11 EST ID:gjef+f1h No.43092 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492376951569.png -(141519B / 138.20KB, 398x533) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Liking any of the race Traitors

High Fantasy Shit by Reuben Sunnerson - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 23:22:39 EST ID:3jnq6K5n No.43021 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1489119759144.jpg -(52404B / 51.18KB, 360x514) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 52404
Need help guys!

I was never a fan of comics, i've only finished Sandman(wich is really fucking awesome) and some indie shit that i dont remember the name, but then the other day i stumbled into this marvelous mother fucker, and i've simply loved it, read all the issues and then "Elves" from the same universe, and i desperately need more.

Gotta admit, it was the first time google has let me down, searched for hours and didn't find something like that.

What im looking for exactly is this level of art (graphics? im not an expert), and the medieval fantasy setting (dwarves, elves, orcs, the whole pack)

I even asked this to two friends of mine who love comics, but to no avail. Help me out bros, please!

PS: not sure if i can make such a request in this board, but since i've seen nothing in the rules, im assuming it's good to go.
7 posts and 4 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Cornelius Shakeford - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 13:37:59 EST ID:Pw6WyfoN No.43035 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43032
Feng Shen Ji
>>
Thomas Clopperbene - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 07:49:41 EST ID:Lshd4TZq No.43036 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Ooh, recommend thread? I'll give it a shot.

Cerebus The Aardvark, by Dave Sim. 300 issues, culminating in the character's death, was the idea he started with, and he gets kudos for completing the mission, even if he completely lost his mind before the end. Started off as a Conan parody, moved into satire and gorgeous artwork, solid paced storytelling, shot off in some weird directions as the author's sanity started to show cracks.

Berserk.

Vinland Saga.

Bone. High fantasy, with protagonists from the wrong genre. Kind of like if Pogo Possum wandered into Lord Of The Rings, or Cheech Wizard was switched with Thomas Covenant.

Poison Elves.

Den (Richard Corben). Big bald naked guy kicking lizardmen with his cock and balls flapping about. Den kicks lizardmen and fucks their bitches, doesn't wear pants, what's not to like?

Hal Foster's original run on Prince Valiant.
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
Shit Wettingwater - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:47:58 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43044 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489942078059.jpg -(318171B / 310.71KB, 912x1351) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43032
Couldn't remember the name so relied on /616/'s knowhow to pick up the slack. Thanks Cornelius.
It's a comic from Hong Kong based loosely on Chinese myth or history or something. Be warned; it's over 100 issues. That put me off reading past the opening arc, but that still left a stronger impression than anything else I could name. Maybe I'll man up and try again someday. That pic is one of the least hype I saved. In just 5 fucking issues. It's insane.
>>
Emma Hemmlepat - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:03:54 EST ID:HV2gMSQa No.43083 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43036
I should mention the Elric comics, they're all usually quite good.
And Requiem: Vampire Knight is more fun than should be legal.
>>
Samuel Gallyhood - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 13:00:34 EST ID:FWSgLmtp No.43085 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492016434551.jpg -(189249B / 184.81KB, 864x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43083
And The Dreamquest Of Unknown Kadath, I could never find every issue but I really enjoyed it.

Alan Moore's The Birth Caul by Phineas Chudgestare - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 14:36:44 EST ID:tTPMDRw8 No.42963 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1487533004338.jpg -(61854B / 60.40KB, 450x663) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 61854
Now available on YouBoob: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoABdaomlCE
>>
Caroline Crishsin - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 00:41:38 EST ID:AJ/43nIb No.43080 Ignore Report Quick Reply
seems interesting, ill save it for later. thank you

Marvel's 'Generations': Original Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man and more to return by James Honeydale - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:12:46 EST ID:Nn5dLtkq No.43051 Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1490389966359.jpg -(9290B / 9.07KB, 159x250) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 9290
Here we go again. Marvel's been in a death spiral since Hickman left.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
-Iron Man (Tony Stark and Riri Williams) – written by Brian Michael Bendis
-Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) – Brian Michael Bendis
-Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan) – G. Willow Wilson
-Thor (Odinson and Jane Foster) – Jason Aaron
-Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) – Kelly Thompson
-Hulk (Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho) – Greg Pak
-Jean Grey (young and older) – Dennis Hopeless
-Wolverine (Logan and X23) – Tom Taylor
-Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers) – Margie Stohl
-Captain America (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) – Nick Spencer
>>
Ebenezer Duckfuck - Sat, 25 Mar 2017 16:59:53 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43054 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490475593764.gif -(608776B / 594.51KB, 287x167) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Nigga Hickman was shit.

They've been in a death spiral since literally filing for bankruptcy in the 90s.
>>
George Covingkedge - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 05:32:44 EST ID:C7cd21rc No.43059 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43054
Not to mention selling the X-Men to Fox. Not just licensing, but fucking selling their golden goose. And pretending they still had the property so they could pretend to licence it out to the Mutant X TV show, which got their asses sued by both companies.

I feel sorry for the Mutant X production, they had to make an X-Men show without any X-Men characters.
>>
Sophie Crizzlefoot - Sat, 01 Apr 2017 09:02:03 EST ID:PWBOOfHS No.43061 Ignore Report Quick Reply
These are all one-shots with a common theme. Out this summer and fall.

>No Ghost Rider
>>
Nicholas Pirrylud - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 11:13:41 EST ID:c03AlIPM No.43063 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43054
This, Marvel has been shitty with only the occasional good arch or miniseries since the mid 90s. That is also when comics stopped looking like comics and instead became a mess of gradients and poor coloring choices vomited out by photoshop. The art styles also changed from slightly exaggerated and stylized fine arts figure drawing to crosshatched cartoons without bones, thanks to Liefeld, McFarlane and Jim Lee's popularity. I know Kirby and Ditko were wonky at times but after that you had technically excellent guys like John Buscema, Neal Adams, John Byrne and Romita Sr run the show and dictate what to aim for.

>>43059
Giving Spiderman to Sony was probably even worse. Those movies were successful even before the capeshit craze took off.

>>43051
I don't think bringing the original characters back will help much if they still keep the shitty writers around and keep the new legacy characters in the books to stink them up.
>>
John Hedgefield - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 23:32:08 EST ID:VEuqFKdz No.43065 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Looks like Marvel's trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Pages Next>>
0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.