420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
A subject is required when posting a new thread
Subject
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Bump While Reading #3 by Cedric Grimforth - Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:09:24 EST ID:L2fZa561 No.42495 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1470856164276.jpg -(22299B / 21.78KB, 236x321) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 22299
>BWR
>post what comic you are reading or have read recently

I just picked up All Star Batman #1. The art for Two-Face is fucking amazing. I liked the twist of Alfred having such a big secret that he was willing to betray Bruce to To-Face in order to keep it hidden. I wonder what skeletons are in Alfie's closet...

RIP the old thread, it lasted 16 months.
237 posts and 73 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Edwin Crerrywater - Sun, 01 Oct 2017 02:24:56 EST ID:l34i6StT No.43356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506839096292.jpg -(33045B / 32.27KB, 350x499) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
It's a collection of non-related stories about normal people from different walks of life in suburban America. It's a short read and it made me feel warm and gave me melancholy at the same time. Some stories are better than others but as a whole it's pretty good. I recommend it.
>>
Eugene Blacklekidge - Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:46:47 EST ID:VWYndO7d No.43385 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Shingeki no Kyojin 99

Here is where everyone who dropped it should pick it back up.

that guard leading the future titans kids away is totally Armin
>>
George Brungerwill - Wed, 08 Nov 2017 06:36:41 EST ID:ghUL5zJo No.43389 Report Quick Reply
>>43385
is it ending with 100?
>>
Albert Pocklelock - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:48:07 EST ID:5zVJRkkH No.43401 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43385
damn eren is cold blooded now, but it's interesting seeing him like this. no rage, just calm collected vengeance. that the same reason as you bit gave me chills. and when falco figured out what was going on too. also I think Pieck might have whispered some warning to that one guy in her unit when she hugged him after she noticed the guard. the guy she hugged was blushing at first, but afterwards he just seemed surprised, and wasn't blushing anymore.

>>43389
no but it looks like it's gonna be the beginning of the end, and possibly the most intense chapter of the series. I figure we need at least 8-10 more chapters to cover the final confrontation, any extra material, and the falling action. at the very least I don't think he's gonna finish it within the next volume, which will consists of 99-103. I bet he could stretch it out to 115 chapters if there's enough material, but things might be moving too quickly for that now.

if anyone has taken a long break on the series, I think they should wait one more month till chapter 100 to catch up.
>>
Martha Sunnerfuck - Thu, 23 Nov 2017 07:40:52 EST ID:XIWNydXc No.43421 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1511440852146.jpg -(89096B / 87.01KB, 600x922) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Doomsday Clock is finally here!!!! We're in for a looooong year, but I for one, am looking forward to it.

The Mime steals the show. Most of what he does is a mystery, but the reader is naturally drawn to him.

Btw calling it now... new Rorschach is Bernie from Watchmen. You know... the kid reading Black Freighter. Prove me wrong.''

Punisher-Thread by Great Beyondsperm - Thu, 07 Sep 2017 15:32:19 EST ID:bmIE+duU No.43309 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1504812739081.jpg -(501714B / 489.96KB, 800x1209) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 501714
Wat,
no Punisher-Thread?

Punisher Max-Series rocks!
9 posts and 6 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Nigel Dartham - Sun, 29 Oct 2017 17:49:31 EST ID:aBJaOtdU No.43373 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1509313771190.jpg -(81281B / 79.38KB, 600x933) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43372
It is always good when Ennis writes him.
>>
Wesley Washpare - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 01:42:49 EST ID:ZXNb14Bt No.43410 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510814569846.png -(284140B / 277.48KB, 500x328) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43358
>>
George Hevingbanks - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 14:38:34 EST ID:aBJaOtdU No.43412 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510861114703.jpg -(13847B / 13.52KB, 222x281) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43410
>>
Rebecca Trotford - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 20:03:59 EST ID:ZXNb14Bt No.43413 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510880639382.jpg -(32853B / 32.08KB, 300x464) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43412
the world is a beautiful place;

just grabbed a hard cover of Fury MAX (amazing read!) with guest appearances by a Frank Castle and a one BARRA FUCKING CUDAAA!

seriously though, the cuda exclusives were pretty fun, I mean damn the only other story that is as clear cut Hollywood casting is the 'end' of the Punisher MAX with the SF Morgan Freeman commander character.

Next on the list would be the daredevil MAX run I hear kingpin is pretty cut throat in that one and O'brain jumps in too.

>>43373
idk Ennis is genius for sure but can get a little wacky at times pic related
>>
Augustus Claylock - Sun, 19 Nov 2017 01:02:28 EST ID:l1VNGPcz No.43420 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43412
What is this, genital torture for ANTS?

Megg, Mogg, and Owl by Phyllis Shittingridge - Sun, 02 Mar 2014 23:19:52 EST ID:PFWMRHIR No.33457 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1393820392889.jpg -(880643B / 860.00KB, 1280x1826) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 880643
just dumping a little bit because this shit is glorious and hard to obtain
254 posts and 144 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Jenny Grandhall - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 22:54:36 EST ID:Tgd5PVNE No.43323 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43322
read any of interpol's stories of dealing with junkies and they read like a mmo comic. He was talking yesterday on /b/ about this tweaker who stole his lawnmower, helped him look for it when he thought it was merely lost, then repainted it a few days alter and tried to sell it back to him.
>>
Barnaby Minnerhood - Sun, 17 Sep 2017 05:44:44 EST ID:GzW+WqZZ No.43342 Ignore Report Quick Reply
megg's coven when
>>
Molly Dallybore - Wed, 01 Nov 2017 00:39:10 EST ID:cW+MtSOg No.43376 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43322
Constantly doing different drugs and becoming a bit cuckoo while trying to handle some basic needs – paying rent, showing up to work, even interacting with other people in a non-weird way.

The logic and humour of this comic perfectly translate what happens in the heads and lives of many irresponsible drug users.
>>
Shitting Clibberforth - Mon, 06 Nov 2017 06:30:12 EST ID:G/W9glbk No.43380 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43342

https://www.vice.com/en_nz/article/evdaen/youre-a-dummy-if-you-arent-paying-attention-to-cartoonist-simon-hanselmann

"I couldn't think of a better title. Mostly it means, "Please put up with this old shit for one more year, and then you'll get your fucking Megg's Coven." Also it's just about change, trying to change. It's one more year until Werewolf Jones has his overdose. He don't change. Maybe Megg can?"

"I think I'm gonna change it up for Megg's Coven. Currently I'm envisioning a nice, big, Euro-style hardback series that will eventually be housed in a slipcase. I'm going to be aiming for like 120 pages a year. Probably like four or five volumes. It's exciting for me to be doing it this way, with forward momentum. It was a real dick move of me to put out Megahex and say, "Continued in Megg's Coven," and then put out two odds-and-ends collections afterwards. I fucked up. I am the George R.R. Martin of comics."
>>
Cedric Fondledale - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 15:22:34 EST ID:Q8+Gg7oq No.43419 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Man, I have to say, in this turbulent and confusing new reality of hormone therapy for kids and dick removal, it's really refreshing to just see a good old fashioned transvestite every now and then.

X-Men by Basil Sigglewen - Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:42:10 EST ID:sCeosyG4 No.43365 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1508506930977.jpg -(74185B / 72.45KB, 400x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 74185
Haven't really read Marvel in about 15 years, about the time they shut down the Marvel Knights imprint. I've only started reading comics at all again in the past few months.

Anyways I've never really read X-Men at all but have recently taken an interest in them. Read House of M and now I'm reading v4 of Uncanny, Extraordinary, and v2 of All New X-Men.

Too many directions to go from here, anyone have ideas which X-Men storylines are worth checking out?
12 posts and 3 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Nicholas Midgehall - Wed, 08 Nov 2017 08:55:55 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43392 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510149355157.png -(243158B / 237.46KB, 444x336) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43382
>Marvel is a money hungry corporation, it will never give up this contrast in the name of narrative coherence or writing good stories.
Not that I disagree with your overall point that general society in the MU should stay the same (although the way it's executed DOES make various "heroes" look like incompetent wankers), but when comics make as little money in the grand scheme of things as they do now I don't think this mindset holds up. Would big real-world changes make a massive difference in sales? Can't say. I've heard convincing arguments for both. But in the grander scheme of things, where the comics are a glorified test-lab for other media avenues, it'd make a far more efficient money-making whole. To paraphrase Stan, "When Jack & I saw Superman & Batman, we were inspired to make Spider-Man & the FF. When new writers see Spider-Man & the FF, they're inspired to make more Spider-Man & FF". Totally disregard for the mindset behind these icons, so more icons aren't made.
>you want to change the world they live in in a way that's unrecognizable from our own too?
You think my pitch to unfreeze time somehow wouldn't effect all the characters who've been frozen in time? Again, "I'll take a fantastic setting that still feels genuine over a mundane one that's thoroughly fake." The very crux of my argument entails that problem be removed. Characters would age & retire & give way to new generations, as they were meant to. The lore wouldn't stack forever like an unassailable garbage heap or hyperactivated cancer, it would cycle through & constantly allow new accessible context to a new accessible audience. Like that real life thing you're lauding. I don't need to know a sports team's history dating back to the 1960s to get into that sports team now. It'd be enriching, but not bloody vital.
>Probably the fear to do even worse and fail completely?
See my first part. There's nothing to lose. There are rumors the comics' division already operates on a loss, and other media ventures already have 60 years of stories to draw inspiration from (not to mention ju…
Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
Thomas Tillingson - Wed, 08 Nov 2017 13:13:16 EST ID:N5RmCn2y No.43393 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43392
>Characters would age & retire & give way to new generations, as they were meant to

Come on, you know that's risky. Old characters have decades of history.. And I'm not talking about their own messed up biographies, but real world history. They've been part of society for a long time, and that alone gives them a certain kind of popular power that would trump any well-thought out new legacy character. I don't think the name is enough, especially now that their fanbase, is, imho, mostly composed of die-hard fans who only tune in because it's something familiar. Having other characters take the mantle would mean losing some of their familiarity, and new readers aren't as reliable as old ones.

I mean, as a reader, I agree with you, and I would love for that to happen.. But from the point of view of marvel it's a risky move. I guess this rests on whether you agree with me about who's buying marvel comics now and if gaining new readers would be worth the risk of alienating some old ones..

>There are rumors the comics' division already operates on a loss, and other media ventures already have 60 years of stories to draw inspiration from (not to mention just making up their own shit). Risks hurt nobody in so small a cog of what's now so massive a machine. Marvel isn't strong? Nigga where you been since 2008? I know I know, comics =/= movies, but it's all the same corporation and all privy to the same income, investments & creative rewards.

Yeah I was only focusing on the comics' part. I don't know what to say, in theory you make sense, but then why aren't they changing things? From what I've seen, the only things the movies brought are some changes in the comics that make them more similar to the movies, either stylistically, or in terms of stories/cast. They should have the strength to dare more.. There's one caveat though. Who knows how long the movies' success will last? I'm honestly amazed it's lasted this long, and we haven't grown sick of it. I'm mentioning this because the change you're suggesting, making the characters grow older, making other character take the mantle, is som…
>>
Esther Gucklehutch - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 06:48:54 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43402 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510400934077.jpg -(228952B / 223.59KB, 1343x602) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43393
Retire =/= no longer show up. That'd take another good few decades.
They'd also still be the focus of the relevant media outlets like film & vidya. Insofar as audiences want and producers provide.
I didn't even say shit about legacy heroes. These past few years have been dire. Because the original philosophy has been forgotten. It's fanboys raised on the neverending Marvel-U trying to write something they have no grasp of. You know who did? The generation who grew up on 60s Marvel. Claremont, Englehart, Simonson, Starlin, Stern; when they wrote stories with the given cast they became iconic, and when they made new characters they were NEW. They understood the appeal of growth and development and change and lo' and behold they all start dropping off and leaving for personal projects as the 80s drew to a close & their input became counterproductive. The New Mutants weren't Cyclops Jr, II-ceman, MiniBeast etc.. The constituent New warriors took pride in their originality. The Power Pack were so subtle their purpose still goes largely unrecognized. And now they're all obscure ephemera because they never did what they were bloody created to do.
>I guess this rests on whether you agree with me about who's buying marvel comics now
Oh I agree. I just think it's irrelevant. None of ANAD's phony pandering "change" means anything, especially when done by people so incompetent. It doesn't draw the new fans & just pisses off the old. I'm saying that, if executed well (which would take an entire creative overhaul to which "back to basics" meant more than the superficial), there's nothing to lose through the risk and frankly those old entrenched fans would be the most likely to love & support it.
>I don't know what to say, in theory you make sense, but then why aren't they changing things?
Thing's aren't bad enough yet. But we're close and getting ever-closer. Constant relaunches isn't working, emulating the movies isn't working, chasing the Tumblr market isn't working, they're burning through their bag of tricks and will eventua…
>>
Ebenezer Billingridge - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 20:22:15 EST ID:CA41cnmO No.43417 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43402
> when they wrote stories with the given cast they became iconic, and when they made new characters they were NEW. They understood the appeal of growth and development and change

It's not like they had much choice though. You forget that in those times there was no Image comics, or Boom!, or Avatar, and if you wanted to work in comics you either had to starve with small, inconsequential publishers, starve by self-publishing, or work with the big two.
Can you blame today's writers for not creating new character, when they'll never be compensated for that work? Why not take that new idea and spin it in a comic from which they'll get royalties instead?

Good news for comics, bad news for the big two. I mean, even the current DC rebirth is fueled by the infusion of new characters that aren't new at all, they're from watchmen. I haven't read them, but they say they're good.. But then again, since they seem to hinge on these characters, once the plot gets resolved, the mystery is gone, they take part in the DCU, and the novelty wears off, will the quality remain the same? I think DC will suffer the same difficulty, as they have the same problem as Marvel, no writer finds it worthwhile to create new characters for them.

>None of ANAD's phony pandering "change" means anything, especially when done by people so incompetent. It doesn't draw the new fans & just pisses off the old

ANAD? But yeah, if you mean chasing the tumblr crowd, that was cringy.. But then again so is the crowd. At least now they have confirmation that they just want to complain about comics, not actually buy them.

>Two parallel lines of comics where one moves in real time & the other stays the same, or dead characters people miss getting their own insular-canon spinoffs.

That would be cool, but this faces the same problem as above, and recycling has a limit.. Then again, there's a shitload of obscure marvel characters to recycle, so I can see it work, with a bit of creativity.
>>
Betsy Brindlechin - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 07:56:11 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43418 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43417
>Can you blame today's writers for not creating new character, when they'll never be compensated for that work?
That's a major factor, by all means. Roy Thomas had the mindset back in the 60s and is considered the template for a "Marvel writer". And the rise of Image et al. indeed contributed to a sheer drop-off in new IP. It's a matter of balance & compromise, and like I said would require an overhaul of business practice in the first place.
Probably worth mentioning that DC's a different beast entirely. The Marvel Age was an explicit retort to the way DC did things, both have since copied & traded so much that they're a lot less distinct. Still, at the foundation, those characters were made to be eternal and between the way the universe is structured & the workings of Crises that's fine. At least IMO.
>ANAD?
All-New All-Different. Name of the post-Secret Wars relauch. Which went full fucking throttle with that Tumblr-chasing so it gets used as a catch-all term for the general movement.

Kick-Ass by Beatrice Brundleham - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 22:50:53 EST ID:8t2hzvjW No.43414 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1510890653042.jpg -(58076B / 56.71KB, 398x598) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 58076
Apparently there is a new Kick-Ass comic on the way with a new lead character.

http://ew.com/books/2017/11/15/mark-millar-new-kick-ass-comic-black-female-hero/
>>
Reuben Hallerchon - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 07:03:14 EST ID:ghUL5zJo No.43415 Report Quick Reply
>>43414
>Kick Ass is now black and female
someones been reading too much Marvel
>>
Esther Hengerbick - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:05:47 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43416 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43415
Who gives a shit?
I ain't gonna read it either way, it just don't mattah.
If anything it makes for a more believable vigilante backstory. It's Millar. She gon git lynched AND raped.

The Walking Dead Issue 138 - ? by Nicholas Bromblesare - Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:32:27 EST ID:BmMYaJEs No.38569 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1426120347134.png -(1201819B / 1.15MB, 1000x705) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1201819
RIP old thread.

So, the theory to Alpha's identity was wrong, but that was a pretty good issue. I especially liked one of the entries in the Letter Hacks.

So, that was some drama for nothing with with Gregory (probably?).
That was some pretty crazy shit with the Whisperers... Did Dante say... THOUSANDS? There's no way. No fucking way.
Did anyone else assume Lydia is a liar and manipulator?
They call their leader Alpha, their leader makes her own daughter call her Alpha, maybe rape is a common thing there, and Alpha is fucking nuts and just lets her daughter get raped because if she isn't good enough to get them off her back, she's just too beta?
That ending page with Carl was awesome and him going on an epic quest is also fucking awesome.

Where the fuck is Michonne?
Question for those who have seen issue 141's cover: Does Carl go free Negan for help on this journey?
269 posts and 39 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Matilda Blathergold - Thu, 24 Aug 2017 01:53:19 EST ID:gVdnDtYG No.43288 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43277
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/walkingdead/images/e/ef/TWD173.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170822123307
There's the cover of 173. Jesus days' might be numbered. Looks like he's going up against someone unarmed, and judging by the trench coat, I'm betting it's Beta
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Mon, 23 Oct 2017 01:14:03 EST ID:dt3nFBua No.43367 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So how do you guys think the show will adapt All Out War?
>>
Edward Blaffingforth - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:06:15 EST ID:d5pRlarU No.43407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
did kirkman stop caring?
>>
Fanny Snodshit - Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:42:30 EST ID:QykHdPkr No.43409 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43407
Is /616/ a dead board?
>>
Angus Shittingshaw - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 03:05:31 EST ID:8OrCDDIh No.43411 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43409
yeah kinda

What comic is that? by Outdated Food - Sun, 12 Nov 2017 14:12:15 EST ID:u/y3rC/t No.43404 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1510513935426.jpg -(74187B / 72.45KB, 350x499) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 74187
Who made these epic drawings?

What comic is that?
>>
Molly Hollersod - Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:47:22 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43405 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43404
Looks yuropeen. A Metal Hurlant feature maybe?
>>
George Porringsare - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 07:56:40 EST ID:Q5XUf+Ra No.43408 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510664200952.jpg -(1432880B / 1.37MB, 1504x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Why can't you just google it you lazy cunt?
It's called Storm, illustrated by Don Lawrence, written by Martin Lodewijk. Molly is correct, it's Dutch so you're probably not going to read it.

Ads are pure and shitty distractions in comics by Nmemoto Hildf - Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:06:26 EST ID:7Ge5lAik No.43369 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1508843186503.jpg -(107170B / 104.66KB, 640x488) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 107170
Why do Comics need Ads in them?

Why do so many comics come without ads
while others are riddled with huge distracting, full-page-ads, in the middle of the comics!

...and people asky why cleaned comic-scans exist!

Worst thing is, you can't see if there are ads in the comic-books, since most are sold sealed nowadays!
>>
Phineas Ducklewire - Fri, 27 Oct 2017 05:43:29 EST ID:Q5XUf+Ra No.43370 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What's even more annoying is when they leave the ads in the scans.
>>
Esther Gucklehutch - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 07:45:15 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43403 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510404315077.png -(693685B / 677.43KB, 720x994) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43369

BENIS TO DEEC by Nicholas Midgehall - Wed, 08 Nov 2017 07:52:44 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43390 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1510145564157.gif -(1421801B / 1.36MB, 419x237) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1421801
https://411mania.com/movies/brian-michael-bendis-jumps-marvel-comics-dc-exclusive-deal/

NA NA NAAA NAAAAA
NA NA NAAA NAAAAAAAA
HEY HEY HEYYYYYYY
GOOODBYEEEEE

HE'S YOUR PROBLEM NOW seriously though my deepest condolences t all DCfriends.
>>
George Brungerwill - Wed, 08 Nov 2017 18:06:14 EST ID:ghUL5zJo No.43394 Report Quick Reply
>>43390
I like DC and Marvel equally and hate Bendis I don't know how to feel about this. It'll be different, thats for sure. Hopefully Marvel uses this as an opportunity to move away from his style of comics rather than replacing him with a fucking Bendis wannabe hack fuck. Jason Aaron looked like a frontrunner a few years ago but now his books have gotten stale. Rick Re,ender and Hickman quit. Marvel is low on writers I give a fuck about now that DC has Tom King and Dan Abnett exclusively and Image has Hickman/Remender. I still follow Marvel books but the only good writer there (Al Ewing) cant get sales if his life depended on it.
>>
Reuben Coshfeck - Thu, 09 Nov 2017 02:01:35 EST ID:XIWNydXc No.43395 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Any word on which IPs he'll be working on??

All I've seen is announcements of his jumping ship, but no titles mentioned.
>>
Martin Clussledale - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 01:58:27 EST ID:5l4pt9Fu No.43399 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's not like DC has been immune. Check out Maggs Visaggio's twitter some time for a look at the cancer already in DC.
>>
Edward Billingway - Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:42:36 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43394
Here's the thing. Ewing's only been given C-list fanboy projects.
Bendis got noticed for his work on Daredevil & Ultimate Spider-Man. from that he landed Avengers, and then X-Men, and then Iron Man and GotG. His career's been a perpetual motion machine. He always gets sales because he's always on the sellers which gets him put on more sellers.
All it takes is giving Ewing that opportunity. Which probably wouldn't happen anyway because his entire creative ethos is anathema to Queseda, Alonso, Brevoot, etc..

Franco Belgian Comics by Minority Resort - Mon, 16 May 2016 08:41:24 EST ID:f3p99sRa No.41942 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1463402484511.jpg -(256436B / 250.43KB, 800x1055) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 256436
Are there any translated franco belgian comics?
7 posts and 1 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Bening Bangsofa - Sat, 28 Jan 2017 03:27:25 EST ID:EXykI7+e No.42927 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1485592045614.jpg -(11250B / 10.99KB, 244x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>42880
I looked everywhere
but couldn't find any translated issues.

Hope someone can hook us up!

I don't get why they aren't more popular!

Also looking for:
"Spirou and the Robot" !
>>
Healing Grenade - Thu, 07 Sep 2017 15:12:54 EST ID:bmIE+duU No.43308 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504811574012.jpg -(23096B / 22.55KB, 236x438) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>41942
I've read Mister Mardi Gras recently
and boi blew this comic me away!

Why isn't it more popular?
>>
Martha Sorryman - Mon, 30 Oct 2017 07:17:53 EST ID:5l4pt9Fu No.43374 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>42880
>>42927
https://mega.nz/#!YqpG0aDR!YtAmBygq2_n4EsUMXdcCBY3WayIWFWcUg7K14Dphuww

It's this one, right? I'll drop the others as well if it's correct.
>>
Ernest Grandstone - Mon, 30 Oct 2017 17:21:38 EST ID:EqPBvDGD No.43375 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1509398498305.jpg -(130363B / 127.31KB, 470x648) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43374
thank you very, very much!

Got Cubitus and Mini-Humans as well?
>>
Angus Trothall - Thu, 02 Nov 2017 02:45:08 EST ID:5l4pt9Fu No.43377 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43375
Here's the rest (as far as I know):
https://mega.nz/#F!k2w2VYgI!UAA_GMZdLDo9w_uWcbq1HQ

Don't have any Cubitus or Mini-Humans. I've been looking for both as well as Clever & Smart (Mortadelo y Filemon) and Mike Higgs's Moonbird series since I read them as a kid, unfortunately.

Looking for good cyberpunk comics by Jack Gullymon - Sat, 23 Sep 2017 04:44:33 EST ID:9nz6oFDL No.43348 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1506156273353.jpg -(1843160B / 1.76MB, 1328x2000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1843160
I'd like a book with a good cyberpunk setting, Transmetropolitin and THB are the only two that pop into my head. A more neuromancer/Shadowrun vibe would be ideal but I'm seriously open to all suggestions, even manga if it's not too goofy.
1 posts and 1 images omitted. Click Reply to view.
>>
Cedric Gunninglock - Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:24:14 EST ID:Tgd5PVNE No.43350 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1506201854842.jpg -(1036225B / 1011.94KB, 2133x1521) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Blame! by Tsutomu Nihei. It's a manga, but it's some of the best cyberpunk I ever read. and in the realm of comics, it's tied for best with transmet for me personally, though they're good for completely different reasons. here's some high quality scans of the series if you're curious.

http://mangalife.us/read-online/Blame-chapter-1-page-1.html
>>
James Blarringfuck - Sat, 30 Sep 2017 01:17:42 EST ID:RyWT8xZW No.43355 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Frame 137, by Jamie O'Barr
Shatter, by Mike Saenz
Bubblegum Crisis, by Adam Warren
Battle Angel Alita, by Yukito Kushiro
Cyberella, by Howard Chaykin
Appleseed and Ghost In The Shell, by Masamune Shirow
Zero Assassin/ Issue One Comics, by Sam Young
Akira, Katsuhiro Otomo
Dirty Pair, by Toren Smith and Adam Warren
>>
Phyllis Bingerlock - Fri, 06 Oct 2017 10:40:01 EST ID:wbtRO3ei No.43357 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507300801610.jpg -(810855B / 791.85KB, 1626x1043) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Hard Boiled

Kind of a dirty cyberpunk though.
>>
Cedric Giblingstone - Mon, 09 Oct 2017 23:12:19 EST ID:WmrrFPMB No.43362 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Is bitch planet cyber punk?
>>
Ernest Gurryhood - Wed, 11 Oct 2017 05:21:15 EST ID:Q5XUf+Ra No.43364 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507713675398.jpg -(470665B / 459.63KB, 1304x1708) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Enki Bilal's Nikopol Trilogy and some of his other stuff has the aesthetic.

Best online places to buy comics? by Angus Claywill - Tue, 19 Sep 2017 09:21:27 EST ID:Wgew8T2M No.43346 Ignore Report Reply Quick Reply
File: 1505827287593.jpg -(554827B / 541.82KB, 1024x683) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 554827
I currently live in a country where it is hard to find English translated comic book and graphic novels. They do exist in some of the larger bookshops but they are extremely expensive because they are imported.

Does anyone have a reccomended online shop for comics/graphic novels/manga? Obviously there's Amazon, but is there anything that's not as well known that I could be using?

Many thanks!
>>
Hedda Lightlock - Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:02:42 EST ID:qUGqNh6Y No.43347 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43346
Forbidden Planet maybe?
There's a site I bought some individual issues of 90s/00s comics from, can't recall the name tho.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Sun, 24 Sep 2017 18:34:48 EST ID:HsB7xxv1 No.43351 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43346
English-translated as in English? I buy all my trades from Book Depository, which has decent prices as well as being free shipping for like a bunch of countries, which is great coz international shipping would normally fuck me
>>
Hannah Meddlefield - Thu, 28 Sep 2017 05:18:55 EST ID:k97EPeVJ No.43352 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43346
http://jurnalu.ru/

Pages Next>>
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.