420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Fixing the X-Men by Nell Grimwater - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:29:04 EST ID:HNCSxILI No.43039 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489789744411.jpg -(192071B / 187.57KB, 900x554) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 192071
Let's say Marvel hires you tomorrow to fix the X-Men. (think DC Rebirth in response to the New 52)

In the current world of Marvel comics
  • Where should the X-Men -- and mutants -- be in the greater Marvel landscape? Any big picture ideas?
  • How many books (solo & team) should there be?
  • How many teams should there be in-universe?
  • What kind of writers / artists would you be hiring?
>>
Jenny Fendercocke - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 08:50:44 EST ID:KyoBGsHl No.43041 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, presuming Marvel unfuck their shit and own their own characters again, I'd keep them in the greater Marvel/616 universe, just sort of in their own corner, like Dr. Strange and the Punisher- you know, they only cross over when it's cool.

Then, I would keep Kate Leth, Brian Michael Bendis, Chelsea Cain, Gail Simone and Mark Millar the FUCK away from the books. Maybe take out a restraining order.

Then I'd get maybe the top 30 assholes from Deviantart, fanfic, and web comics to make the books.
I'd make them fucking read Understanding Comics, How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way, Stan Lee's five rules for writing comics, and Wally Wood's 20 Panels That Always Work.

Because you're NOT going to get pros for what you'd have to pay them, and the only bastards who will work that cheap are the political shills who have taken over Marvel and don't care if they're underpaid as long as they get to push their SJW bullshit, and don't care if they run the book and the company into the ground, because they and their supporters DON'T READ COMICS, and don't help sales.

So give it to the best of the fans and the amateurs, and pray to Thanos they can sell enough books to pay them enough to get them to stick around once they get famous.

Apart from that, I'd pretty much give the talent carte blanche, but there should always be one main X-Men book, a younger team who are still students, and Wolverine.
>>
Shit Wettingwater - Sun, 19 Mar 2017 13:11:07 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43045 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489943467059.gif -(445830B / 435.38KB, 200x100) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43039
Fuck them all off to a parallel universe.
Things will never change. They'll keep circlejerking the same bleak stories with the same tired characters in the same autonomous setting forever. And any time somebody tries to come along and EVOLVE things, they'll be shown the door and it'll all get reset by another House of M or IvX or whateverthefuck.
At least if they were on their own the persecution narrative Marvel just cannot goddamn let go of wouldn't be so pants on head retarded. Everybody could stay bullied and miserable forever without the 100+ other ways to randomly get powers making them a farce, or the multitude of non-mutant threats to humanity's very survival making them a godsend. When fucking FOX is putting out the most genuine philosophical drama your brand has to offer something needs fixing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.