420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
What should i rad next? by Fanny Claydock - Tue, 16 May 2017 09:45:37 EST ID:+/l4Wjns No.43122 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1494942337855.jpg -(184792B / 180.46KB, 1284x722) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 184792
On my to read list:
>Saga, Vol. 1
>Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds
>Batman: The Night of the Owls
>Judge Dredd: Apocalypse War (or The Complete Case Files Vol. 1)
>Preacher, Volume 1: Gone to Texas
>Astro City, Vol. 5: Local Heroes
>The Thanos Quest
>The Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 3
>Black Science, Vol. 1: How to Fall Forever
>Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
>Top 10, Vol. 1
>Low, Vol. 3: Shore of the Dying Light
>Wasteland, Book 1: Cities in Dust
>Prophet, Volume 1: Remission
>Injection, Vol. 1
>Planetary, Volume 1: All Over the World and Other Stories
>>
Ernest Broggleledging - Tue, 16 May 2017 17:03:21 EST ID:6o012Ass No.43123 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>43122
Southern Bastards (ongoing)
Nameless (complete at 10 issues)
Grant Morrison's X-Men run
The Mighty Thor Vol 1: The God Butcher (arcs after the first 10 issues are lame though)
if you finish Preacher and want more, read The Boys
The Walking Dead.
If you already read and love walking dead, read Kirkman's long running capeshit book Invincible.
Doom Patrol (Grant Morrison run)
Sandman (the first arc is iffy but everything after is mind blowing goodness)
Watchmen
Swamp Thing (Alan Moore run, particularly if you like Sandman)
>>
Fanny Henkindot - Fri, 19 May 2017 11:24:39 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495207479256.png -(1965448B / 1.87MB, 2049x1276) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43123
Good recs tbh. At least the stuff I've read myself.
First instinct on seeing the OP was to suggest The Boys as well. Although Sandman, Swamp Thing & Doom Patrol definitely rank higher. Must-reads IMO.

...Reading those 4 titles back I realized Warren Ellis is conspicuous by his absence. Planetary's fine, but his best work's definitely Transmetropolitan IMO. Longer, richer, far more focused. And a lot more "Ellis" too, absolutely hemorrhages his caustic wit. That'll be my contribution for now.
>>
Fanny Henkindot - Fri, 19 May 2017 12:19:48 EST ID:OOjubTde No.43127 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495210788256.jpg -(492966B / 481.41KB, 950x1508) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>43122
Scratch that, just noticed Thanos Quest.
It's short, fun and accessible, which is why it gets recommended on its own as a self-contained mind-trip, but it's slap bang in the middle of an epic some 30 years long so you miss out on a lot of context that would make it even better.
As an introduction to the character himself, it cannot be topped. He's been tempered by those first 15 years of experience and not yet condensed by the following 15, striking the perfect balance of complexity & penetrability. But if you have the time, and want to know the WHOLE story, maybe try out his first two arcs first (Quest is the introduction to his 3rd).
Both were published in the 70s. There was his feud with Mar-Vell, and shortly after that his tussle with Adam Warlock. Both storylines featured the Avengers heavily and had issues scattered all over the place, but Marvel compiled it all into "Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin" and "Warlock by Jim Starlin" if you can find them. Alternatively there's an "Avengers vs Thanos" TPB which condenses both into ~1000 pages. It skips some of the Marv/Adam context but includes every issue Thanos appeared in, including one or two that Marv & Adam didn't.

You know what? Read Thanos Quest. If you like it and want to know what happens next, read the classic stuff first. It'll give you all the backstory for what you just read and all the context you need for what follows. Plus Quest's short enough that if you wanted you could read it again with that new context in mind before starting on Infinity Gauntlet.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.