420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Fuck you knees by Eugene Crarrymore - Sun, 16 Oct 2016 17:22:59 EST ID:9CJQoKTw No.93728 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1476652979516.png -(123157B / 120.27KB, 325x233) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 123157
So, around 14 years ago i dislocated my knee the first time playing hacky sack.
in 2014 I dislocated it again when i got caught between a couch and table.
2015 I got in a car wreck and dislocated the same knee again.

With enough exercise and conditioning will I ever be able to ride a skateboard again? It was my pushing leg and I haven't skated since 2001 after the first dislocation. I just want to be able to ride around.

I scooted around a few minutes ago and my knee started acting weird just from a couple pushes. This sucks. I've only got to climb one mountain. Never been water skiiing. I suck on a bike. I'm going to end up like that guy from Blade.
>>
Hedda Gannerhall - Wed, 19 Oct 2016 03:56:38 EST ID:27vu7UXT No.93732 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1476863798202.jpg -(58996B / 57.61KB, 350x308) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>93728
Best advice I can give is to maybe cut all impact related exercise and switch to something that doesn't put strain on your body in the same way like swimming.

I've got a repetitive stress injury in my first MTP joint (see picture) from smacking my foot on the ground with all the force I can muster when I ride, since I like to really haul ass. It's still not 100%, but having stayed off it has helped me tremendously.

Consider physical therapy if you are serious about getting on a board again, but I can tell you that multiple dislocations can cause some trouble.
>>
Charles Dallerstone - Thu, 27 Oct 2016 18:23:20 EST ID:KtxSscQM No.93744 Ignore Report Quick Reply
your ligaments are shit now, strengthen thigh muscles to compensate
>>
Thomas Semblenet - Fri, 28 Oct 2016 06:08:49 EST ID:09XYfazx No.93746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1477649329116.jpg -(484644B / 473.29KB, 1200x1467) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>93728 Compared to your trauma, my knee problems don't seem so bad anymore.
>>
Nicholas Bopperford - Sun, 30 Oct 2016 09:43:29 EST ID:/Ma9+yJG No.93750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>93728
Knees just steadily get worse until you die, however as someone else mentioned if you strengthen the muscles around the knee you will prolong them.

I've had one knee surgery and I still run and stuff, but I have to be careful. But no I can't fucking skateboard anymore really. I do mess around still on a skateboard but not seriously.
>>
Molly Gizzleway - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 20:00:29 EST ID:0CaCrPOv No.93990 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488934829124.jpg -(95169B / 92.94KB, 1000x667) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
There is so much to say. I do parkour and my knees are sometimes my worst enemies. I have a bad one yeah; my landing/step out leg. Plus everything else that has hit and pierced that thing. First of all I would say to always have hope. Your positivity is in fact one of your best friends when healing. Its true. Depression hinders your cells. Nutrition: healthy oils, antioxidants, and general health. I've been suggested collagen. Habits: You start with the everyday habits. Are you walking uneven? Stand up straight, force your knee into place, stretch your back. Move. The knees can heal but they need to be active and warmed up to gather nutrients. The knee is a hard place to transport nutrients it seems. Exercise: Slow and steady. Look up videos on physical therapy and pick up some techniques that work for you. Work out your bad knee more than your good knee to bring them to an even point. working out is going to hurt at first. A little pain can go away. A lot of pain can do damage. The pain will go away if you persist. STRETCH! You can never stretch enough. Again don't push yourself. learn to properly open up your muscles. Learn to move the waste out of your muscles and joints. Massage yourself. Lacrosse balls rolling under your legs can help with that.

Honestly I stopped skating because it was fucking up my foot. If you love it though you should try your best at it. There are other sources of fun and love though.

Hear is a Athlete that I admire. He has knees of iron.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp0H57eTICY
Doctor Ronda Patrick has some good advice on health and she sometimes talks about joint health.

One more thing. Every day you must tend to your injuries, It is what makes a warrior. Make that bad knee into your strong knee. Dedication and patience my friend.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.