420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Keto? by Fanny Shittingworth - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 02:54:35 EST ID:BhWEDSia No.94092 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1492066475578.jpg -(8197B / 8.00KB, 314x161) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 8197
What do you guys think of keto? I tried it to lose a bit of extra weight and now I don;t really have craving for the foods I used to eat. so I kinda just stuck with it.
>>
Hedda Grimwill - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 04:28:09 EST ID:7x16C/ow No.94097 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492158489114.png -(241538B / 235.88KB, 342x426) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
If you eat in a caloric deficit, you will lose weight.

That's all.

If keto is fun, do it.

You do need carbs, though so the diet is fundamentally flawed.

You can do it for 6-8 weeks but beyond that is is retarded
>>
Sophie Mipperspear - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:18:38 EST ID:zGFBMc+q No.94105 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94092
Complete removal of carbs is dumb. You lose weight with keto by removing sugars and eating better stuff in general as well as exercising.

Start planning your meals around where you burn the most calories.

for me i can lazily lose weight by eating a small breakfast, a big lunch and something small for dinner.

this a long with walking and biking to work everyday as well as going out for walks has lost me 6 pants sizes in a year.
>>
Oliver Blythespear - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 20:22:46 EST ID:NpRb+ez4 No.94111 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Cut sugar or keep inder 40 grams of sugar a day and watch the results come. I would say just aim to cut sugar overall though. It is so hard because once you try, you'll notice how much sugar is in EVERYTHING
>>
Walter Donkinhall - Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:05:23 EST ID:b82aK9a9 No.94125 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94097
Keto is cruise control for weight loss. That's the point.

>You do need carbs, though so the diet is fundamentally flawed.
This is where you went full retard though. The entire point of the keto diet is to make it so that you don't need carbs. Please look up what the ketogenic diet does to your body before posting your attention whoring anime pictures that have nothing to do with the thread and saying really dumb shit

>You can do it for 6-8 weeks but beyond that is is retarded
Thanks for the professional estimate, doc

>>94105
>Complete removal of carbs is dumb.
Are you gonna explain why or are you going to insult a dieting method just because you don't understand it?
>>
David Cushkeck - Mon, 24 Apr 2017 23:11:54 EST ID:7x16C/ow No.94126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94125
It's decreasing carbohydrates and for the most part, getting people to look at caloric and macronutrient content and avoid sugar

caloric deficit is cruise control for weight loss

>This is where you went full retard though.

Okay, let me add onto my statement, you need carbs to progress in strength and performance.

If you want to lose weight, by all means. I fully understand ketogenic diets, and the joke is, you can simply take ephedrine and caffeine and your body will go into ketosis even if carbs were eaten 8 hours prior.

I would like to see someone go on a ketogenic diet and make strength/size gains.

Extra credit: Please explain the role of insulin in myoprotein synthesis and lowering cortisol

>Thanks for the professional estimate, doc

Physical Therapists don't like to be called doctors, and I only have a Masters in Biology so just call me something else.
>>
Basil Pockford - Tue, 09 May 2017 13:20:54 EST ID:+odh0O+e No.94148 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've been keto since January, lost 16lbs total. I'm assuming if I stopped drinking I would have lost faster, but at this point I'm happy with any progress.
>>
Hedda Chablingtore - Fri, 26 May 2017 17:08:47 EST ID:A9PSGCtH No.94178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94126
You are really wrong though. You don't need to eat carbs. They are synthesized out of fat in your body.

I was at a really low weight at the beginning of last summer, like 145 lbs at 6ft. On a keto diet eating 3000-4500 calories per day and lifting moderately I was at 175 lbs by the end of the summer.
Sure the gain was like 33% (dont remember) fat, but the point is, you don't need carbs for SHIT, and honestly, with their context in human history (prehistory I guess), you shouldn't have carb-based foods EVER if you value your full health.
>>
Hedda Chablingtore - Fri, 26 May 2017 17:11:08 EST ID:A9PSGCtH No.94179 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94178
ok ok I went too far by saying NEVER, but really carbs are just for putting on fat for hard times

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.