420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
having trouble starting by Henry Grandlock - Thu, 11 May 2017 15:01:21 EST ID:cBaTbYeT No.94153 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1494529281346.jpg -(75091B / 73.33KB, 786x576) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 75091
I have fitness goals but im fucking lazy. I got a personal trainer and he isnt at the gym so i find it hard to get to the gym. Part of it is personal laziness and another part of it is not wanting to be the "new guy at the gym". Another part of it is being afraid of failure. I also have no clue on nutrition or anything about counting calories.

I got a personal trainer last week and hes having me do all these correctional strength exercises before I start. I cant even get myself to go to the gym. I feel like a failure.

I got a fitbit the other day and I just set it up. I'm 5 10 25 year old male 165 lb. 16.4% bodyfat.

What do? I'm about to go grocery shopping, give me some ideas on good shit to make
>>
Cyril Murdford - Fri, 12 May 2017 12:56:25 EST ID:XAzog4aJ No.94154 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94153
Okay OP. All this shit is simple. But you need to break it down instead of turning it into a big insurmountable mountain. This isn't really a fitness thread this is a /qq/ thread about a guy who is procrastinating and needs advice on making the mountain into a series of gentle steps. There is one step per paragraph except diet which is probably about half this post. But there's still not much to it.

First of all, either get a personal trainer at the gym or get a new gym.

Secondly, correctional exercises are still exercises. HI wonder that if you don't have a specific injury or massive deficiency that it might be best to go with the new trainer idea. Or do normal exercise as well. Focus on your form and if you have a specific weakness that will limit exercises and thus will be what is trained hardest anyway.

As for being the new guy at the gym. I've been going to mine for 4 years and every time I go I see someone I've never seen before. You know what I assume? That our schedules haven't previously overlapped.

Nutrition and counting calories isn't super hard. Plan your meals out in advance. You can google the calories per 100g or whatever of anything ever at this point so you can work out what you're eating. Same goes with drinks, don't forget to work out anything you drink that isn't water. Alcohol is weird and if you drink vodka or neat strong spirits there's a weird effect where the calories are maybe 10% discounted but honestly that's fuck all. Look at protein, try to get a good amount. People will say aim got 1g per day per pound of lean weight and stuff and that can be really hard to reach sometimes, but the RDA is 50-60g and getting 100g in is easy. Keto may help or maybe it won't but you don't want to easy colossal amounts of carbs anyway (which is what your liquid calories will be by the way).

You may have to actually plan your shopping out. I recommend filling up on green veg. This has the added bonus that you'll shit like a champ, use a wide variety of vegetables and you will benefit in a lot of ways though. If you're getting enough protein and getting the calories right then the next concern is your micro nutrients. If you eat a few different vegetables and a fruit or two (apples are great) every day you'll be sorted there.

Now with these things in mind break them down into steps and break those down until you have steps you can actually do. One does not "get fit" you define your end goal then you work out a few subgoals that will achieve that. Then you work out what little steps need to be done repeatedly to achieve those. Then you actually do the little steps. For example I do not simply lose weight while retaining (actually somehow gaining a little this year) strength after eating christmas (all of christmas, the whole thing), I eat within a certain calorie budget every day ensuring there's enough protein, I go to the gym, I go for walks at lunch, I go for long walks at the weekend. Little individual tasks "go to the gym tonight" and those are what I do.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.