Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
Just Coffee Pre Workout? by Edward Pussleson - Wed, 13 Dec 2017 22:52:27 EST ID:q5rNVLou No.94562 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1513223547219.jpg -(136165B / 132.97KB, 845x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 136165
Sometimes I am in such a rush to get to the gym before I weight train, that I only have time to have a cup of coffee. Now this does supply me with the energy I need, however I have read that without a food source of carbs, my body will start to cannibalise muscle tissue?
>>
William Dimmleworth - Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:04:51 EST ID:t+j8nMqD No.94572 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Eat a banana. It will also reduce cramps.
>>
Nigel Cusslefuck - Wed, 20 Dec 2017 01:20:07 EST ID:XqakKl58 No.94573 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94572
Never had craps working out.. My main issue was the possibility of the body cannibalising it's own muscle mass for energy
>>
Shit Brinnerson - Sun, 24 Dec 2017 04:14:42 EST ID:tuZ2hQav No.94575 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94573
Well bear in mind that fat tissues exists for that purposes while muscle exists to move things. Your body will strip a little muscle the same way that if you eat a lot of food it will add a little muscle. However if you're not super lean and it's not breakfast/you had a good lunch you shouldn't suffer too much if you're not super serious, your workouts are more important.

A banana wouldn't hurt but it's not going to offset an entire workout. I find that I only get cramps when I'm dehydrated or overheated myself though and it's always in bed and only once out of what must have been dozens of incidents was I exerting myself rather than sleeping (that was the worst cramps I've ever had, but hey, it didn't stop me). I suppose it might be a nice boost if you did have lunch or whatever and it's just been a while. I suspect regardless that working out is a significant net gain provided you're actually eating enough day to day.

All this assumes you're working out to gain mass of course because there's a risk you're taking a less than optimal path. This is even less of an issue if you're trying to cut and just retain muscle.
>>
2wheel jump - Thu, 04 Jan 2018 07:07:59 EST ID:3v8VFsc7 No.94602 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515067679035.jpg -(69093B / 67.47KB, 640x637) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Nothing wrong with one coffee pre-workout.
>>
Fanny Turveyworth - Mon, 08 Jan 2018 19:29:52 EST ID:YnaXedGC No.94608 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515457792956.jpg -(61079B / 59.65KB, 189x280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Your body is always gonna use muscle as a fuel source. You will never be able to utilize only fat.
If you are looking to lose weight, the best way to retain muscle is to continue to work out to stimulate the muscles (and essentially tell your body "hey I still need this") and to take in sufficient protein, at least 40 grams a day for most people (I think, yknow, that's just an estimate, research this number more yourself if you're worried)

If you're trying to bulk, don't worry that much. The energy you're using during your resistance training is coming from glycogen that has been prepared in your body already. You'll only be depleted of it if you haven't eaten carbs in a while, like, since early the day before. (This is why ketosis kicks in after 2 days of no carbs; your body needs to create things in your body that give more direct access to fat as a fuel instead of glycogen.)
The thing is, if you're bulking, you're eating enough carbs already ***. Eating carbs shortly after your workout helps replace the glycogen you use during the workout, which is incredibly helpful for building muscle, since your body is gonna go "fuck, I need more glycogen" and it'll be able to just use the carbs instead of trying to burn fat and muscle to achieve its mission.

*** I can't, however, say on how this comment about "enough carbs" affects your actual workout capabilities. I don't know enough about how much you need in what time range in order to do a complete weight-training workout, for example. I do believe that you don't need to eat too much much, though, for your energy, unless you've been fasting or something recently. For example, you probably don't want to work out after not eating anything for the last 16 hours. I think it'll cripple your max potential. Again, these are just numbers being thrown, and I'm not that well-versed in this so I can't really say.

Note, though, that you should NEVER eat 30 mins or less before a workout. Consuming carbs will increase the insulin in your blood, which is an ANABOLIC response. You do not want your body to be busy BUILDING energy reserves while you work out, you want it to be breaking down energy as much as it can so you can be as strong as you can be. You want this response immediately after your workout, though, so you can start building that muscle up once it's ripped to shreds from your killer bench press. This is why people eat non-complex carbs right after working out.
>>
Hamilton Pamblestock - Tue, 09 Jan 2018 19:58:33 EST ID:8HtHFWUp No.94609 Ignore Report Quick Reply
if it gives you plenty of energy and you are able to go through your workout then continue it. what i do is for pre workout is just a caffine pill that usually has 150 mgs of caffine.
>>
James Shakeshaw - Tue, 09 Jan 2018 22:19:43 EST ID:ubbsg20T No.94612 Ignore Report Quick Reply
BCAA help stop muscle loss.
>>
Phineas Fingerlock - Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:30:38 EST ID:2QvNUBns No.94613 Ignore Report Quick Reply
have you guys heard of this dumbass gimmick they are calling "Bulletproof coffee" apparently you mix 2 tbsp of butter and some MCT oil (lipid oil) to black coffee. somehow this magically makes your brain work better. i wish marketing was illegal or heavily constrained.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.