420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Need help with Scoliosis / Kyphosis will be getting a gym membership by Hamilton Drunnerwire - Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:10:38 EST ID:GDCausWE No.94591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1514841038989.jpg -(88595B / 86.52KB, 769x622) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 88595
What are the best exercises for correcting scoliosis and kyphosis back problems? Since its the new year i would like to start working out again. I'm about 330lbs I ride a bike about 5-7 miles a day but its not helping me lose weight at all. Please help a noob should i get a personal trainer? I got about 6 months of free time and will have access to a state of the art gym so i want to try to get a head start now. Thanks
>>
Hamilton Drunnerwire - Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:13:22 EST ID:GDCausWE No.94592 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94591 Also forgot to say I'm about 6'5 if it helps and what would be a good website to help plan meals? I know that eating is half the battle that is another issue.
>>
Martin Pigglepene - Tue, 02 Jan 2018 13:31:04 EST ID:6CE/CuTX No.94595 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94592
How good is your maths? You could just calorie count. You'll probably find a few certain snacks or drinks that you're taking for granted are stopping you losing weight. Or you're just under estimating portions. It won't be hard to lose weight at your current mass. Also avoid empty carbs, fill up with green veg rather than potatoes and bread.

You could log what you eat for a week or what you ate over the last few weeks (not including christmas) and I bet we'd be able to give you pointers. Or you can just start from scratch. Make sure you get a few different vegetables for the fibre and micronutrients, one or two fruit and a reasonable amount of protein. If you're training for strength while running a deficit people will give you all sorts of numbers but bear in mind 50g is the normal amount for someone who is just maintaining weight and not working on strength. You'll probably want much more.

As far as bad backs goes I don't know. Ask Usain Bolt. Okay so that's probably not an option but whoever helped him cope with his scoliosis obviously did a good job.
>>
Alice Bemblestock - Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:07:31 EST ID:C2hSFoMw No.94685 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1521126451129.jpg -(1400026B / 1.34MB, 1836x3264) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Im working on my scoliosis and apt atm. the apt is gone and my posture improved drastically. I cant really see my back in the mirror but I think my scoliosis is better too. I notice though while walking sometimes some imbalance is left. I would suggest to stretch as much as you can, focusing on the hips. I do all kindsa bizarre stretches but I suppose a imbalance in the hips has influence on the whole body so I do the whole thing. I do spiderman&pray, 90-90s and pidgeon, horse stance, straddle stance, hams, cossack stretch, and of course hip flexors, lunge, and everything for doing splits front and sideways. it is important to pay attention to correct form because it is easy to do it wrong with bad flexibility. For example when stretching hip-flexors imagine youd try doing them with a rounded lower back/posterior pelvic tilt. I do lifting too and all lifts improved greatly with more flexibility. In any case Id suggest strengthening glutes, abs and back and all the stuff which keeps you upright. check youtube for stretches and dig in deep for good stuff. good luck!
>>
Fucking Blytheridge - Sat, 17 Mar 2018 23:21:37 EST ID:t+j8nMqD No.94687 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I started with the stair machine. Be careful if you lift weights. Just make sure you don't screw something up. Google lifting with scoliosis. For cardio start slow. For weights start light. Don't be afraid to lift light. Even the jacked dudes lift the tiny weights. They just do more reps. But if you can do it ten to eight times with good form it is where you want it to be. After a month or two of going to the gym it will become a habit and you most likely won't stop probably ever.
>>
Beatrice Becklefield - Sun, 18 Mar 2018 00:04:01 EST ID:2HBT7EdU No.94689 Ignore Report Quick Reply
thoracic foam rolling
>>
Sophie Bipperwill - Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:58:52 EST ID:UaH2AD8G No.94690 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1521503932193.jpg -(40254B / 39.31KB, 434x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This comes from a person who fixed his lordosis/kyphosis in the course of 4 YEARS.
In the last year only I found what really helped me a lot and this was: Handstands and running.

Handstands is the best exercise but not your average "loose body" banana handstand.
Go for the gymnast straight handstand, learn to use your shoudlers and pelvis (each one influences the other when moving) to achieve the straight body posture during handstands, brace your whole body from the feet to the glutes to the wrists, brace everything all the time so you can teach your body to work as one during handstands. Also be sure to breath, to breath deep but relaxed, no need to force your breath but also no need to deprive your muscles of their precious fuel (oxygen).

This exercise alone made me stand better, it strenghtened my whole spinal chain and i feel like I have tons of metalic meat protecting me there now.

For the record I started with 5 minutes of total handstand time per day (yes 7 days a week you faget), I did them through the day, for example I woke up did a 30 second handstand, then did another 30 seconds at work and then I did the other 4 minutes until the night, some days I only did 5 and 10 second handstands because I was too tired or totally out of it but I still did them.
After 5 months my handstand skills went crazy and I no longer needed a wall for support and I also raised the time to 10 minutes per day since I could easily hold a 2 minute free handstand with ease, I achieved perfect straight line at this time too and I found out that my central upper back muscles (between the 2 scapulae) were very weak since they got sore all the time from doing STRAIGHT handstands (if I had done the banana ones they wouldn't have got sore) and those muscles were the reason for my kyphosis, after 2 more months I wachtes as my posture while walking got prettieer and straighter.

All this time I was also a lot into running, when I say running I mean serious 20 to 30 minutes running with a good pace and even some sprints in there.
The running helped too I think but the handstands were what really made my posture muscles stronger.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.