Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS! by Nigel Chubblesog - Sat, 05 May 2018 20:07:04 EST ID:ORQ92UGj No.94738 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525565224409.jpg -(10855B / 10.60KB, 144x214) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 10855
I’ve personally always felt like finding any kind of good working advice on losing weight is some kind of secret, probably because of being constantly hit with barrages of “ONE SECRET TO WEIGHT LOSS YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW!” ads on different sites. I want to know what the ACTUAL best method of losing weight quickly is. I know diet and exercise are obviously the key factors to looking better and really I only want to lose about 30 or so pounds (I’m currently approaching 200, about 180 or so and used to being 140, I’m 5’8” and 26 so I feel like I’ve gotta do this NOW and get into a routine otherwise I’ll be a fat slob at 30 and that’s not how I’m trying to be). I live in an apartment complex with a basic gym that has treadmills and weights/lifting contraptions so it’s pretty basic but I don’t know where to start. I have significant belly fat now and really only need to get rid of that, as I’m what you could call “skinny fat” from drinking so much beer (I quit recently, as in a week ago). I have a huge thing of protein powder and I think doing a meal replacement thing would be best for me but not totally sure, which is why I can to the ones I trust; you guys.

TL;DR I’m trying to lose about 40 pounds of belly fat and don’t have an exercise routine but have access to gear to use and need to know some tips on quickly losing said weight. Thanks y’all
>>
Emma Chidgeshit - Sun, 06 May 2018 09:49:53 EST ID:hK8x6Vcu No.94740 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94738
The quickest answer is eat less than you burn. There is no easy quick route. You just consistently burn more than you eat.

Things like having a well balanced diet, exercising properly, avoiding certain foods will help with either the eating or burning or both, or just make you look good.

You can't target weight loss but if you've got a fat belly, you're carrying elsewhere too.

The key is diet, eat less, drink less. Exercise will accelerate the process but you can't outrun a bad diet. Exercise will also help you retain more muscle as you lose weight which is also good and it will generally improve your quality of life. You absolutely should exercise and I'd recommend a mix of cardio and weights. The former will burn calories immediately and is good for your heart and lungs, the latter will help you retain or even increase muscle mass, is good for your bones and coordination etc. Muscles at rest burn a little more energy than fat does, but if you use your muscles they burn A LOT more and the more muscles the more you can burn.

If you give a fuck about your health then eat lots of fibre, avoid processed carbs, get a good number of veg in and a couple of fruit, still lift weights, this will help you feel great. Oh and fat is only "bad" because its high density calories. Protein powder supplies you with protein it doesn't have any other miraculous properties, its just high density relatively low calorie protein (chicken breast also does the job). You need a certain amount to maintain your muscles and a bit more to ensure they grow. If you're losing weight generally the requirement for both goes up a bit. It will not help you lose weight but honestly what you want to do is lose fat. Calories in calories out is key but if you *just* do that you will do your health a lot less good than if you use this opportunity to rebuild your habits.

If you want to rigorously calculate what you put in and burn and can control that then the as long as it's sound it'll work. But if you want to wing it a bit then I would advise avoiding diet drinks, they work if you calorie count, but if you're just replacing non diet sodas then they increase your appetite by more than the calories cut out. Also don't snack or eat lots of small portions. 2 or 3 big meals in a small window. Also breakfast is not what you think it is. Avoid staple breakfast foods, they're processed carbs even fruit juice is a trap. Most people talk big about breakfast but they have no idea. It's the first meal of the day, you cannot skip it. The healthiest way to eat is to start and finish your meals early. If you lack willpower then it's harder to stop eating than not eat, so start late and finish late but it's not ideal. Oh speaking of willpower tricks, don't buy what you don't want to eat before your next shop. Once you know your limits you can keep stocks of shit, but to start with don't.
>>
Rebecca Hobbleville - Thu, 10 May 2018 00:15:47 EST ID:+nestRVT No.94744 Ignore Report Quick Reply
As >>94740 said: limit your intake.

Workout, preferably a mix of resistance (weight) training and cardio. For a beginner, get a few good lift exercises you can do and do all of them every 3 days. On off days, go running or something. What you do in the gym won't make as much of a difference as how much you eat will, though.

Eat less. Count calories. Counting calories is not fun but it is effective. Make sure you're getting enough protein and good carbs, and then just worry about meeting your calorie requirement. The pounds will come off quickly.
>>
Hannah Mudgestad - Mon, 14 May 2018 20:35:39 EST ID:7lmGEXBW No.94750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have to concur with the 2 dudes above me, especially on counting your calories.

In September 2017 (29 yo, 5'11", weighing 202) I started counting calories after 5 years of little gains in the gym. It's now May 2018 and I'm at 172, almost at my target weight of 165. I'm happy with the progress I've made, and I'm starting to be proud of my physique after 20 years of being skinny-fat.
It's neither a "secret technique" nor is it the only way to lose and MAINTAIN weight. I don't believe there's a universal way to lose fat and weight because we all have different needs, tolerances, schedules, lives.
However, I have found that for me personally, counting calories is the most efficient, effective and tolerable way to lose and maintain weight.
It wasn't easy, atleast not at first because you suddenly have to put a LOT of thought in what you eat, and weigh everything. It requires you to drastically change your eating habits if you only thought about protein on your lifting days.
There's going to be sacrifices, but I promise you it's all going to be worth it.

Here's some tips:
  1. Find a good smartphone app (I use one that's like myfitnesspal, except with no ads)
  2. When calculating your RDI (Recommended Daily Intake), set your activity level to sendentary even if you lift 4 times a week (unless you work in a mine or something). It's better to underestimate your daily calorie burn and overestimate your calorie intake).
  3. Calculate your protein requirements/recommendations and really try your best to hit that goal every single day. This will not only ensure that you're not lacking protein, but also keep you from just eating trash foods. (I try to consume between 0.8 and 1.0 grams of protein for every pound of body weight)
  4. Weigh yourself often, preferably in the morning as soon as you get out of bed and preferably after your first shit. Don't panic if you've suddenly gained 4 pounds overnight. Weight fluctuates all throughout the day, throughout the week for multiple reasons. Instead, focus on your average weight for the week, and look for a downward trend. If your weight is trending upward or plateauing, look at your average weekly calorie intake.
  5. Don't focus too much on losing weight quickly, instead focus on losing weight consistently over a long period of time. If you lose weight quickly, you'll probably gain it back just as quickly. If you lose it slowly but consistently, you'll build habits over time that will allow you to maintain your weight. Weight is like the inverse of your bank account. You get a lot of money in a short amount of time and you'll want to spend it all quickly. But, if you get that same amount of money over a long period of time, you'll save it up and you'll be a lot less likely to waste it on bullshit you don't need because it took a lot of effort over a long period of time to get that money. The same is true for weight.

Good luck. It's not as bad as it sounds.
>>
Charles Blatherwell - Tue, 15 May 2018 18:15:32 EST ID:hK8x6Vcu No.94752 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94750
About points 4 and 5.

Water weight is a very real thing. When you first change your diet your will often lose a lot of weight quickly but only for a week or so. If you just go back to normal this weight will come right back on.

3500 calories is 1 pound of fat so about 7000 calories is a kilo. If you drop 500 calories of carbs per day you'll lose a pound a week but for the first week you'll probably drop a kilo as your body stops holding those extra carbs for 4 or 5 days and pulling in several times as much water to maintain your "concentration".
>>
Chriss - Wed, 23 May 2018 10:21:30 EST ID:9c8cb30p No.94756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
go to the gym
ask cosmetologist for help
>>
Chriss - Wed, 23 May 2018 10:23:09 EST ID:9c8cb30p No.94757 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94738
to to he cosmetologist <a href="https://www.beautyfixmedspa.com/">beautyfixmedspa</a>
>>
Dumbass - Thu, 24 May 2018 16:21:53 EST ID:yeMAMUjC No.94758 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm not OP but I'm fat (I don't own a scale though and just assume around 180lbs), I started stationary biking quite intensely for an hour six times per week 2 months ago on 1400-1500 calories and was completely fine. I know that's way too much cardio so I replaced it with a bodyweight circuit a few weeks ago every other day but that burned me out quickly. It was pretty scary because I suddenly had no energy to exercise or do much for a week, I just started again the other day and realised I hadn't factored in exercise to my TDEE.

I'm worried if I eat more I won't burn enough calories to lose 2lbs a week since I'm mostly just guessing, but I'm at 1600~ now. It's better but I'm still weak after exercise. I feel exhausted in general and like I need to sleep really early. Am I not resting enough? How many rest days should I be having and should I eat less on them?
>>
Basil Blannerpetch - Thu, 24 May 2018 18:29:32 EST ID:I7HwxBuW No.94759 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94758
Lots of facts missing.

How tall are you? How much do you sleep? Check your weight. What is your diet like? What else do you do ie your job other exercise?

I've experience with losing 2lbs a week but it's pretty severe and I have to taper if I'm close to my target weight. I now work hard to maintain my weight and exercise a lot now I'm fit. I have a lot to say but I think it's better to get more info before dumping useless shit on you (which is unlike me so savour the change). There's lots of simple explanations like crap diet, not enough sleep, not actually being fat. Or maybe you're 5 foot 2 and sleep almost 9 hours a day and work a desk job and barely walk, I dunno.
>>
Walter Bipperlock - Mon, 04 Jun 2018 10:06:10 EST ID:CSxA0hnk No.94761 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Keep not drinking, and stop eating/drinking sugar altogether. It's a lot easier to maintain a deficit when you're not addicted to empty calories. If you still can't deal with being hungry, maybe look into intermittent fasting, I've heard it helps some people with that.
>>
Charlotte Pinderford - Tue, 05 Jun 2018 03:03:07 EST ID:mmsRTKnk No.94763 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Grow your own Kale and eat raw kale and cashews. best appetite suppressor ever i found.
>>
raw kale and cashews. i grow my own kale and buy cashews in bulk. - Tue, 05 Jun 2018 03:04:24 EST ID:mmsRTKnk No.94764 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94738
>>
Esther Snodshaw - Tue, 05 Jun 2018 08:06:13 EST ID:SpYZcHhe No.94765 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94758
you're 180 lbs, consuming 1500 calories per day and do hour long cardio 6 days per week... ofcourse you're fucking tired.
when I was at that weight I was consuming about 2200 calories per day and lifting weights 2-3 times per week with light to moderate cardio on my rest days on a stationary bike for 30 mins. I was losing weight.
if you're burning 500 calories per day and only eating 1500, that leaves you with 1000 calories for your body to get through the day. according to the first BMR calculator I found on google (https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm), the BMR of a 25 yo male, 5'11" 180 lbs = 1923 calories. that's your body consuming 1900 calories per day AT REST. that leaves you with a deficit of 900 calories.
even my vegan sister would think that's a bit extreme.

what even is your goal here?
what's your target weight? why do you want to lose 2 lbs per week?
do you want to look skinny or do you want to look fit? do you want to look like a marathon runner or do you want to look like an athlete?

I don't know what you look like now, but I'm going to be frank and say you're probably not going to be happy with your looks once you lose your desired weight. because at a 900 calorie deficit, doing intense cardio every day, not paying attention to your protein intake and not doing any weightlifting you ARE going to be losing a lot of muscle. your body is probably already eating its own muscles for energy, because it's not getting what it needs from your diet or your fat stores. that's probably why you're so tired.
that's what happened to me 6 years ago, when I went from 200 lbs to 155 lbs through a starvation diet and intermittent fasting. I lost all that weight yet in the end I still looked like a weak, sickly, malnourished skinny-fat fuck.

I would urge you to figure out what your goal is, and start to form a realistic plan to achieve that goal.
for starters, get your height measured or measure it yourself, and get a weight scale.
then at the very least increase your calorie intake by 400-500. you'll still be losing weight and you'll have way more energy.
I also would seriously recommend you take up a weightlifting program, or a calisthenics program if you have no access to weights.
>>
Samuel Snodgold - Tue, 05 Jun 2018 12:57:54 EST ID:9Pn7LD6W No.94767 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94765
I did 1000 calorie deficit (eating about 1600) and turned out alright however I paid attention to protein and weights and tapered the deficit when I was down to about 190 pounds. I stopped around 175 (from about 300) as I'm 6 foot 1 though. At that point I was neither skinnyfat not super ripped.

However you're right, its important to get more info than just "this is my weight, make it less". I have seen a guy who was I think 6 foot 3 and about 160 pounds asking for weight loss advice though and we just don't know if this person is actually suffering body dysmorphia or the like and it's worth checking proceeding.

Anyway you're doing good work.
>>
Dumbass - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:30:20 EST ID:yeMAMUjC No.94769 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94765
I'm OP, I bought a scale and it says I'm 132lbs after eating. I can't really believe it, I weighed dumbbells and myself holding them and it was accurate but I just don't believe it somehow. I guess because I lost weight too fast through cardio with no muscle underneath I still look really fat. I don't think I have BDD because I can clearly see I've lost weight and I feel smaller, I just feel a lot bigger than 132.

My TDEE would supposedly be 1695 doing the same amount of cardio as I was since I'm 21/5'5"/f but I don't know what it'd be doing calisthenics (this routine https://www.circlejerk.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine but he https://youtu.be/AB3HhP2GYk0?t=442 says beginners should skip pull-up progression and dip progression) 3 times then doing cardio for half an hour on rest days. Is that really enough to get into shape, like lean and toned, if I'm sedentary otherwise? My goal now is to build strength and to be really fit but I doubt my body will show much change with just this routine and no other changes. What about strengthening my core, like if I found a routine for that could I just add it in the morning or is that too much? I want to make progress as fast as possible but I'm not sure what to spend my time on in a way that's sustainable.
>>
Ian Blabblebanks - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 12:58:35 EST ID:9Pn7LD6W No.94771 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94769
You are not fat. You're probably a little squishy but in a healthy and attractive way. Your harsh deficit is why you're so tired, you're not fat.

Your TDEE is not going to ever being 1695 doing anything. That's your BMR. What you'll burn if you spend your entire day in bed. Eat at least 2K a day and start increasing that. You want to flatten your weight loss out. You can sustain another 10-15 pounds before you start making yourself ill but if you want to gain muscle don't, at your current weight you have a month or two before you need to stop losing weight, but you're going to get more tired and ill. You need to slow that shit down and ideally stop before then. Nothing is sustainable if you're not eating more than you are. I bet you also walk places, do you work, how do you get there etc?

If you want to be strength train for strength. Low reps high weights. Eat more protein. You won't get hugeswole that way. You're a woman and even if you run a small surplus this will not be an issue. Doing cardio on off days will further attenuate the gains without killing your strength. You probably want to switch a 500 calorie deficit right away and taper that after a couple of weeks. You don't need to lose a lot of weight, just a little fat and gain some muscle.

Personally I only do my core once a week but that's my one not gym day. I do my shopping, walk many miles and then do some sit ups, leg raises and stuff like that.

Lastly you are probably way too hard on yourself. If you were off by about 40% of your body weight (and thus thought you had about 4 times the fat you actually do) you do not have a very reliable self image. Be careful.
>>
Ian Blabblebanks - Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:21:57 EST ID:9Pn7LD6W No.94772 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94771
Forgive my brain just after I get home from work, that has a lot of gibberish.
>>
Health looks good - Fri, 15 Jun 2018 14:57:07 EST ID:UF2m1xsM No.94781 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529089027442.jpg -(143163B / 139.81KB, 1300x1277) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>94738
Do it next and it looks like a great fitness time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGq-2gY81os

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.