Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

WEED IS LEGAL IN CANADA! Live 420chan Q&A and Site Merchandise Giveaways on Stream

Live 420chan Q&A, 420chan merchandise giveaways, Logitech hardware giveaways, partying on Twitch tonight!
G502 Giveaway Ends @ Midnight     Q&A Discussion Thread
Pickup lines at the gym by Eliza Pickfield - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 00:21:57 EST ID:OGaH7Vuk No.94773 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528863717695.jpg -(165680B / 161.80KB, 639x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 165680
I know people say don’t try to hit on girls at the gym but hey its worth a shot. But seriously how do you approach a female with headphones and say somthing interesting to her. Please share your wisdom. Thanks.
>>
Edward Blatherdock - Wed, 13 Jun 2018 17:08:16 EST ID:SpYZcHhe No.94774 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>using pick-up lines at the gym
>approaching girls wearing headphones
>I know people say don't do it
>I'm gonna do it

people like you are the reason why girls are fat.

seriously, you have no fucking idea how often girls get stalked, harassed and interrupted at the gym.
you know why girls wear bright colored, big headphones at the gym? to signal to other people that they want to be left alone.

just fucking put yourself in their shoes for once. would you like to be approached by some creepy ass dude in the middle of your set?
how about being forced to talk in between your sets when you're trying to catch your breath and concentrate.

just think about what you are doing. are you at the gym to get laid, or are you there to get stronger, leaner and/or more attractive? how are you going to break your personal record, or be concentrated on your next lift when you're putting all your energy into something completely unrelated to WEIGHT TRAINING?

you're trying to do 2 things at once, which can only result in your failing miserably at both.
you don't go to a boxing gym to beat up your training partner. you go there to learn, then you go there to prepare and after that, you step inside a ring and APPLY what you've learned.
you don't go to school and take your final exam in the middle of your curriculum.
you don't start wiping your butt in the middle of a shit.

you don't go to the gym to pick up chicks. you go to the gym, so that you can build strength, discipline and physique. you are then free to use those qualities OUTSIDE the training area.
>>
Fanny Pickdale - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:29:34 EST ID:fyo/PJha No.94775 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94773
fuck it OP
dont listen to the above poster

girls are at the gym to hook up ,they're working out to look better to attract dat dick

Just make eye contact first an go in braahh
>>
Hamilton Sevingfack - Thu, 14 Jun 2018 19:26:36 EST ID:9Pn7LD6W No.94777 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I know we're all autistic here but I'm sure we can read the signals. If she's got headphones on probably don't approach, if you smile and she smiles back that's good. If you walk over to her and she removed the headphones you're in. If not then terminate.

And if you find that it's really hard to line up eye contact that's probably deliberate. Don't bother. Leave her alone. I suspect most of the time this is the result.

She is probably self conscious about working out or being hit on or both. Leave her be. Find her at the bar because you even have something in common then. If you go make the few women who do make an effort to stay in shape feel uncomfortable you're why we don't have nice things. I don't want to stop some guy getting laid at the gym but I think most of the time its probably obvious its not going to work before you say a word.

I feel like the details being omitted are the important ones.
>>
Doris Sodgeteck - Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:18:16 EST ID:hPORbZ3R No.94785 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1529331496747.jpg -(92290B / 90.13KB, 634x625) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP unless you look damn good yourself or your game is tight OR the girl in question is already eying you up, I urge you not to do this. As stated, most girls are just going to workout, not find a date.

Do what I do, set your tinder location dealie to one mile and start swiping during your warm up. I also have a pic of me in the gym I lift at on my tinder so it's even easier. But yeah DO NOT APPROACH A GIRL IN THE GYM unless it's quite clear that she's interested in you. If you're good at small talk and you're by someone in the free weights (without headphones on), you can give that a shot but if they ain't biting, they ain't biting.
>>
Doris Sodgeteck - Mon, 18 Jun 2018 10:24:37 EST ID:hPORbZ3R No.94786 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94785
I will say that there is a bit of a generational difference as well. It's probably not the best idea to approach anyone under 35 but I actually had 2 women in their mid 40's(?) start chatting me up the other day about something I was working on. They were really playful and flirtatious and I'm actually kinda pissed I didn't get one of their numbers tbh. Anyways yeah, you'd be better served going to a singles bar to pick up girls. Go to the gym to improve yourself or don't go at all. Also if you're not getting the hint from these girls and they complain to management, you can get kicked out of your gym soooooooo just don't be stupid man.
>>
Jenny Wellyman - Fri, 22 Jun 2018 01:40:21 EST ID:ryGNpiKd No.94790 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94774
>people like you are the reason why girls are fat.

you can eat in a caloric deficit without ever going to a gym

Normal people can handle social interaction thanks
>>
Hugh Clushferk - Sun, 24 Jun 2018 14:00:46 EST ID:i/lYp0CW No.94792 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94790
So what about illogical people?

Also women are probably fatter because they're smaller on average but we don't sort portions by gender or height or anything.

Just being thin doesn't make you healthy though so it'd be nice to have women who can handle walks up hills holding hands with you, up to amazing views without having to slow to a crawl, who can at least carry some of the shopping or help move furniture, or who can handle athletic sex for hours on end.
>>
Ian Bummletut - Mon, 09 Jul 2018 05:02:53 EST ID:QMf1FDM6 No.94804 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Go for it OP, you get one (1) life. The girl will most likely be flattered and not put off. Doing the approach is more important than being successful. You will get satisfaction from facing your fear and bettering yourself and your skill set.

For me, reading Day Bang by Roosh V changed my life. It's free somewhere on the internet. I've had sex with 21 girls in the last 2 years because of it all from women I've met in the day including a couple from the gym, none from online dating. Learn to love the chase, I did.
>>
Sidney Duckfuck - Mon, 09 Jul 2018 19:21:30 EST ID:ryGNpiKd No.94805 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94792
women are fatter on average due to hormones and gene expression, however there is nothing physiologically stopping them from being thinner than the average man, or stronger for that matter.

You cant conflate thin with being unhealthy at the same time conflating overweight as healthier.

Physical conditioning is not necessarily related to weight, but to a certain extent, as you implied earlier about someone who is thin, but in your implication meaning DANGEROUSLY THIN. the same can be applied to overweight. Most female top athletes are 20-23% bodyfat. However, if you get to the 30%+ range, your physical ability will probably drop (with weightlifting being an exception, but no heavy weight powerlifter can run a mile without lifting). I compete in powerlifting, btw.
>>
Archie Gombletog - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:04:29 EST ID:C4HGjQIj No.94808 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94805
You're right but that's not really what I meant. The only point I'd argue, though perhaps its also not what you mean is about underweight and overweight. The dangers of being a bit underweight are comparable to full on obesity while I just checked, the research I'd read previously had been contested and currently being overweight is bad for you again. Being overweight is healthier than being underweight and quite considerably though. Being underweight is really unhealthy was my focus, being merely overweight isn't great but it's not the health catastrophe being starved is.

I think most of the time when people say stuff like the above they're sort of implicitly baking in the assumption there isn't exceptional physical conditioning of some sort involved or maybe I'm giving them too much credit but it's true of me. Most super thin people are not Mo Farah and most 18 stone people are not Olympic Powerlifters. Elite athletes in non contact sports all live longer than the general population but power athletes have the least benefit. Hey at least they're not boxers though.

>but no heavy weight powerlifter can run a mile without lifting
I know that's not what you meant to say but the image is funny. After 1000m or so the compulsion becomes too great and that's why you see ripped dudes hurling motorbikes around on summer evenings.
>>
Ebenezer Greenstone - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 09:45:10 EST ID:V2Q5vkcB No.94813 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94774
waaaah womyn are so oppressed waaaah
>>
Hannah Songerfield - Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:34:04 EST ID:02aADd7L No.94909 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1534278844256.jpg -(110576B / 107.98KB, 500x551) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Walter Hengerdetch - Sun, 19 Aug 2018 01:23:08 EST ID:DEfd7R9+ No.94921 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94774

I'm sorry but your shit is so utterly ridiculous. This thread is fucking retardedly hilarious in every possible way imaginable.

Holy fuck my sides oh my god you nigglets are SO SERIOUS
>>
Fuck Claddleshit - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 06:22:37 EST ID:+QVGdiHR No.94928 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94805
And what is your definition of a heavyweight powerlifter? Most lifters these days are jacked and strong. You don't see many fat powerlifters these days unlike a decade ago. Just because a lifter competes in the super heavyweight category, does not mean they're fat.
>>
Lillian Panningwodge - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 10:31:31 EST ID:6hQI/NUl No.94930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you refer to women as females you need to do some self work before subjecting other people to your presence.
>>
Priscilla Billinghood - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 18:08:00 EST ID:AhGzPz5F No.94931 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94928
Most of them in SHW are fat. Theyre all average 30% bodyfat or higher (male). This is just the raw data on them,

Usually 220 and below has less fat people, but Ive eaten my way up to 205 from the 181 class just for the purpose of hitting higher numbers that I will cut to 181 and hit later anyway.
>>
Priscilla Billinghood - Tue, 21 Aug 2018 18:08:51 EST ID:AhGzPz5F No.94932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94930
that term is so neutral and banal that to accuse him of being anything other than that for using it on an imageboard is just making YOU look autistic. Seriously, get over yourself.
>>
Graham Goodway - Sat, 25 Aug 2018 10:35:21 EST ID:Or0UaOW3 No.94958 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94931
I agree to an extent. But, their are some exceptions for SHW lifters who are giants and not exactly fat fucks. Take thor bjornsonn. 6'9 and weighs over 400lbs. Hes not a fat ass by any means. I'm not saying hes lean and shredded. But, you see my point.
>>
Hannah Summledag - Sat, 01 Sep 2018 11:09:59 EST ID:02aADd7L No.94977 Ignore Report Quick Reply
People who try to pick up women at the gym are creepy as fuck. Let the woman come to you.
>>
William Siblingfine - Sat, 01 Sep 2018 12:47:52 EST ID:5jmPMgEe No.94978 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94977

Women who try to "go to guys" are creepy as fuck. Let the man come to you
>>
Polly Bocklewell - Sat, 01 Sep 2018 14:32:18 EST ID:PT9qj0Lm No.94979 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94978

Said nobody ever
>>
Jenny Brippersune - Sat, 01 Sep 2018 15:17:49 EST ID:Or0UaOW3 No.94980 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Misc4lyfe
>>
Albert Wonninghood - Thu, 06 Sep 2018 09:09:07 EST ID:02GEHICw No.94986 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94979

Exactly, so why is it creepy when guys try to go to a girl? Double standard or something?
>>
Betsy Shakestone - Thu, 06 Sep 2018 15:59:46 EST ID:aOJLU0cC No.94987 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'd recommend you don't fuck with it.
>>
Thomas Grimdock - Thu, 20 Sep 2018 00:46:11 EST ID:17rfWaEV No.95013 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm not fat I'm just young and have physical problems from being at a desk or bed 24/7.

I'd love to go to the local gym to swim, cardio, and maybe some light weights but I'm pale as a ghost skinny fat, short n ugly, and the gym is nothing but ripped dudebro's and condescending women judging you from a mile away on a treadmill in neon colored clothes. I went to a gym once at like 2 am and this dude was all playing shitty music since nobody was there and was talking about shred guitar to me for like 10 minutes as I slowly tried to back out of that place and go home.

>I'd say flirt with the men and women there OP. Just fuck up everything just because weirdo's like me can't get healthy without being bothered at these venues. I just want to swim laps like I did as a kid.
>>
Albert Clayworth - Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:26:20 EST ID:HfkLpwuB No.95015 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>95013
Sounds like you went to the wrong gym. Though there are a couple of things you can do that will EARN judgment. I've been going to the same gym for years and when I see someone a few times I start to wonder how long they'll be there. Anyone that obviously makes any progress is a fucking hero in my book. Some woman did her first ever pull up last week and thought that was nice. Neon clothes and ripped dudebros are par for the course but most just want to get on with their shit the same way you do. Or maybe I just go to an older more upper middle class gym (it's across the road). I have got a job and been promoted twice and I'm still bringing this neighbourhood down though. I probably need new gym clothes mine are pretty much rags at this point. I look like a benchpress hobo at this point.

I wouldn't worry about being judged though. It has no negative effect beyond well.. nothing. None of these people who went to work out have withered and died under your judgement either.

>don't put shit back when you're done. Or put it back in the wrong places and leave no room for the shit that belongs there.
This is something I swear the instructors do worse though. He starting stacking weights end to floor, end to end instead of putting them back so when I needed he 25KG I had to put the 15KG away first.

>Find the most in demand workout bottleneck piece of equipment, if there's one good squat rack this is it
>do a superset consisting of 4 different exercises, one that actually needs the equipment in question
>take 5 minute breaks after every set because you're texting

No one is going actually resent your presence until you inconvenience them so long that they could do their shit in between your sets or they find themselves spending more time tidying than lifting.

Girls in the gym are great though. They rarely do any of the above shit. Be they middle aged women not even pushing themselves or 18 year olds doing big squats they're always much less of a pain for other gum users.

So in short try the following
>shop around
>be a model gym user
>stop projecting you fucking hypocrite
>Lift heavy you still won't get scarily big if you stick to low reps and don't eat a surplus. There's a lot more benefit from exercising to your limit
>swimming is good shit
>>
Wesley Fammlefoot - Sun, 23 Sep 2018 08:57:15 EST ID:8yOJLdWm No.95022 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94774
I have since this post somewhat altered my views a bit:
Hit on them if you want, it's not your responsibility to keep count of how many times they've been approached.
BUT if they reject you or otherwise make clear they don't want you, just leave them alone

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.