Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
Body Cannot Handle Consecutive Days by Martin Meshmot - Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:30:26 EST ID:D2SGLHZi No.94791 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1529803826924.jpg -(26898B / 26.27KB, 612x612) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 26898
I've been weight training around a year and a half now, coming from a somewhat skinny-fat physique, you know, a little beer belly and skinny extremities.

As of now I am looking pretty decent, 5'11 and weighing in at 88KGs. Probably around 18% body fat. I've had several people who I haven't seen in a few months comment 'have you been working out' and people at my gym who I have never spoken to, say hello, and comment that I'm getting bigger. So, my routine is working.

The issue I have is that, I have been using a push-pull FULL BODY workout, one day on and one day off. I have been using this for 4-5 months, and have seen the best gains in doing it. Prior to that, I was doing a split routine, of 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, and 2 days off, repeat.

I switched to the full body 1 day off and 1 day on, because it felt like I was overtraining, I would wake up shattered, my sleep was getting messed up, and I my gains were super slow. I also got a few colds here and there, which is rare for me.
I recently switched back to the split routine nearly 2 weeks ago, and already I am feeling knackered. I worked out yesterday and today I cannot even imagine giving it my all in the gym. I went back to the split because I feel I am no longer a beginner, and should move to an intermediate routine. So what gives, why can't my body handle 2 sessions in a row? I am eating enough calories, and on each day I train 18-22 sets total. I will list yesterdays workout below.

Incline Smith 5 sets

Overhead Press Machine 4 sets
Chest Decline 3 sets
Tricep Dbell Overhead Extensions 3 sets 

Tricep Pushdowns 3 sets

Side lateral Raises 3 sets

Facepulls 3 sets

>Should I go back to the full body routine, 1 day one and 1 day off?
>>
Lillian Blatherstock - Thu, 05 Jul 2018 22:51:31 EST ID:cpp9bXQO No.94799 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Try rotating through the big three - squat, bench, deadlift - and see how you feel. You can cut way back on the number of sets you're doing with these exercises because they're compound exersises, meaning that they work more than one major muscle group simultaneously. Squat and deadlift alone will work practically your entire body. Remember to follow the principle of progressive overload to figure out your reps/sets (tons of info exists on this just by googling). Figure out your 1 rep max and 5 rep max on each exercise and go from there. Hope this helps
>>
Phyllis Crushfuck - Mon, 09 Jul 2018 01:41:17 EST ID:D4RO+3XD No.94802 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I recommend you don't attempt to do one day on one day off because that's bad habit, you don't work out 50% of your days?

Try this:
Day 1: Running and Back and abs
Day 2: Running and Legs and abs
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Running and shoulders/deltoids (there are 7 different shoulder/deltoid exercises, it's a whole day) and abs
Day 5: Running and Chest and Bis/Tris and abs
Day 6: Rest

You can hit one section hard each time and have 5 days for it to recuperate before you hit it again.
Also this routine has you resting every third day, that's pretty manageable.
Eat plenty but avoid sugary foods and drinks including juice which is all sugar. But When you want a snack, eat fruit, what person with a six pack doesn't eat fruit?
>>
Priscilla Packlefodging - Mon, 09 Jul 2018 04:42:09 EST ID:+1P+PRu0 No.94803 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>94802

more like seven times seventy, youngling

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.