Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts
My new dog is weird by Ebenezer Chezzledotch - Mon, 29 Jan 2018 09:42:11 EST ID:hsKMEfvd No.33666 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1517236931488.jpg -(58336B / 56.97KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 58336
So about 8 weeks ago I got this puppy. He was orphaned cause the mother was old (lost all females in the litter, they came undeveloped and dead along with regular male puppies) and she dried up after half a month feeding them. He's a mutt and was conceived by accident (neighbor's dog jumped the fence), both sire and dam being mutts of our regular regional pariah-type.
Now that his little paws are getting bigger and he is taking on a doggier shape, he's starting to freak me out. That's cause yesterday I was watching a documentary on dingos and the narrator talked about how dingos have rotating wrists and can grab stuff with their paws and that's one of the differences between dingos and regular dogs. Well, my puppy's rotate almost til they're facing up and he uses his front paws in opposite directions to hold literally everything. He can climb like a fucking monkey.
However, he looks very doggy (chest wider than head, flopped ears, wide muzzle) and Australia is on the other side of the world (Brazilian here). Is it possible that a random mutation made him like that? Or maybe I can chalk it up to puppy flexibility and him having learned the clamp-grip from my cat (he uses the scratching pole just like the cat does, can't rule out this possibility)? If it's just puppy flexibility, is he going to be normal and containable as an adult or now that he's learned I'm fucked?
>>
Augustus Dodgekore - Tue, 30 Jan 2018 19:39:56 EST ID:assPM0Bl No.33668 Ignore Report Quick Reply
uhh, supination of the wrists is not a normal movement for canis familiaris. i do not know enough about canine medicine to say if it is a rare mutation or actual DNA from a different canid species such as dingo or perhaps a south african dog. ill look into this and post again later if i find anything
>>
Betsy Nupperstack - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:07:56 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33676 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33668
there is like zero chance that my dog is a dingo mix
he's growing and becoming more proficient with his paws instead of less
i've thught about it being a regression due to multiple generations of mixing mixed dogs
>>
Betsy Nupperstack - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:21:03 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33679 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33668
>>33676
p.s. my vet shrugs it off as something of little medical interest, just an anatomy quirk that might make him a bit hard to contain, and i'd feel stupid asking her to investigate its origins given she's generally busy af (cheapest decent vet in my area) and obviousy cares more abut the puppy being healthy than about his family tree
>>
Simon Murdwell - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 21:32:53 EST ID:WvwyawWd No.33680 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Congrats, your dog evolved

Let it mate with the local street dogs to pass on the trait and watch them start fucking with people by opening doors and shit.
>>
Betsy Nupperstack - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 22:20:57 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33682 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33680
little fucker becme two months old yesterday/today and can already figure out simple puzzles (scent and tracking puzzles, i've been testing him), also has an insane drive to him, loves bugging my cat then geeting beaten up then bugging him again
>>
Betsy Nupperstack - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 22:30:20 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33683 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33668
one thing i forgot to mention: african wild dogs belong in a different species than dogs, wolves and dingos - and on a different genus from close relatives such as coyotes and jackals -, so i think hybridization wouldn't even be possible
>>
Fucking Bublingmack - Tue, 06 Feb 2018 13:18:32 EST ID:YniwxdCT No.33684 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33676
>regression
>mixing dogs
"Pure" dogs are inbred and defective. You have a mongrel master race dog. His gene pool is broad and his family tree is mighty. As a pariah he's actually faced natural selection rather than being bred for a stupid waddle and rolls of fat, or being too small to be practical. He's going to challenge you but you have to learn to train him.

You shouldn't be fighting to contain your dog. Learn to train him properly. He's smart so he'll learn fast. Well trained dogs don't need to be restrained, you can leave a steak in front of them and they won't eat it until they're told they can.
>>
Charles Poshstone - Sat, 10 Feb 2018 22:51:10 EST ID:D9cXtEx+ No.33699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33684
There are dog breeds with a large gene pool which were created from very diverse stock and bred to eliminate health problems early in the development of the breed.
Most dog breeds are poo but not all.
>>
Augustus Pinkinchore - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:18:23 EST ID:YniwxdCT No.33701 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33699
I did a quick google. There's a bunch of lists but the following consistantly come up as healthy breeds
>Australian cattle hounds
>Australian sheepdogs
>Border collies
>Chihuahua (the one small dog that does come up a lot)
>Springer Spaniels
>German Pinschers

And mixed breeds obviously. Seems like most of the healthiest dogs are high energy medium sized and intelligent. Generally they're working dogs. I imagine having a dog like that is good for your health if you actually bother with it because you're going to walk it a 2 or 3 miles every day and longer at weekends and play with it.

Chihuahuas are basically the exception, they're generally low energy low maintenance and I imagine if they weren't trained like shit and allowed to be yappy jumpy nippy little cunts (behavior which could have a bigger dog put down or at least feared) by a lot of their owners they'd be chill as fuck.
>>
Eliza Clennerchen - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:44:58 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33702 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33701
OP here, purebreds are generally shit. I meant temporal regression towards a body that more closely resembles wild dogs. Both my puppy's parents are medium-sized and the uppy himself is crazy high-energy.
>>
Eliza Clennerchen - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 09:48:02 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33703 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33702
Also at less than 3 months old he already gets simple commands such as sit and fetch (I'm teaching through body language). He stills pisses and shits all over the place but is getting slowly better at it too.
>>
Charles Poshstone - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 11:32:15 EST ID:D9cXtEx+ No.33704 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33703
At 3 months you shouldn't expect him to be potty-trained.

But generally for a "retrieving" dog, you can start training them at 7 weeks (49 days).
I've trained a few hunting dogs. Remember training is all about harnessing their instincts, not blocking them. And fetch is the most valuable thing you can teach any dog. It teaches them to think and to bond with their owner, while giving them a lot of exercise.

Does he chase you when you run? The most reliable method is to throw a toy, and when he picks it up, run away from him. He'll chase after you with it in his mouth, and when he's running towards you yell "fetch" or whatever command you want to use (make it simple, without a lot of syllables) and reward him when he brings the toy to you. Repeat and he'll eventually get the idea. Going after the toy is all about their prey drive, bringing it back is about their pack instinct.
If you start training early, there's not much you can't teach him. I just think about their instincts, and what the situation looks like from their perspective.
>>
Eliza Clennerchen - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 13:08:08 EST ID:p86plpcA No.33706 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33704
I generally hold a toy in my hand and command him to sit with the other hand. Once he does, I throw the toy and he brings it back to me or at least sits by by side while chewing on it.
He doesn't chase me in general, he just walks with me around the house, generally on my left heel. This I didn't have to train him for.

I'm very pleased with how responsive he is at such a young age. He's my first dog and I had to do a bunch of research and talk to friends who have dogs, but it's worth it. Great thing to experience.
>>
Frederick Dedgechat - Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:22:30 EST ID:lly5td+b No.33719 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Update: puppy gets higher energy every day, got more dexterous with front paws and climbs stuff like it was nothing. Also developed a very wide jaw with a long snout and extensive webbing between all four sets of toes
>>
Esther Sommercocke - Sat, 03 Mar 2018 00:40:09 EST ID:WvwyawWd No.33721 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1520055609365.jpg -(68646B / 67.04KB, 720x738) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
...Is this your dog, bro?
>>
Ian Chundlepon - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:53:08 EST ID:bg+f/Ugr No.33737 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33721
His feet aren't splayed, but it does ook ottery if you spread the toes apart.
He's almost 4mo now and 8kg. Growing up to be a nice-looking dog too.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.