Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 7.1 Headset Giveaway!

G933 Giveaway     Discussion Thread
Giving CBD to Dogs by Albert Dollydock - Sat, 10 Feb 2018 14:32:51 EST ID:D9cXtEx+ No.33697 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1518291171055.jpg -(118332B / 115.56KB, 1024x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 118332
I have a dog breed that's really high-energy, and a bit anxious.
Not insanely anxious, but I feel like treating with CBD would benefit him. He goes to the park or to daycare every day, and he's still energetic.

Has anyone tried giving CBD to their dog? In what quantity?
I've googled around but haven't found great resources, just that some people give their dog Xanax which sounds god-awful.
>>
Oliver Bipperhall - Sat, 10 Feb 2018 15:14:03 EST ID:assPM0Bl No.33698 Ignore Report Quick Reply
in oregon and washington i saw dispensaries selling cbd infused pet treats. though they are a bunch of dirty hippies out there so who knows if its actually safe or tested in any way. but it seems there are people out there doing it.
>>
Augustus Pinkinchore - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 07:08:58 EST ID:YniwxdCT No.33700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33697
If there is not a chemical imbalance in his brain adding chemicals to his brain seems like a poor way to handle his anxiety. Get other people to walk him more or take him on longer walks? Change his diet?

Is he anxious or do you just have a high energy dog and you can't handle it so you want to fuck with the way his brain works without his consent?
>>
Charles Poshstone - Sun, 11 Feb 2018 11:34:25 EST ID:D9cXtEx+ No.33705 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33700
>Is he anxious or do you just have a high energy dog and you can't handle it so you want to fuck with the way his brain works without his consent?

You just have a dumb shitpost.
>>
Polly Climblestone - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 09:19:23 EST ID:YniwxdCT No.33707 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33705
I've never seen anyone try to drug their dog before. I'm not sure if mine is the shitpost or OPs. Is this real? Do people really seriously go "Oh my dog is stressed I should drug it" because that's fucked up.

Is this just America or is OP the shitposter?
>>
Phyllis Bettingstore - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:24:34 EST ID:NBqoZ0HP No.33708 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518578674677.png -(21606B / 21.10KB, 739x223) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>33707
People drug their cats with nip or weed.
Someone drugging their dog isn't that farfetched.
And I don't even know how you can think this is an American thing. Practically every culture has tried drugging animals if they've invented/got their hands on drugs.
Plus, first link on Google for "drugging dogs" is from Brazil so yes, you're obviously the shitposter trying to incite some shit against Americans go fuck yourself.

Also, @OP, MJ isn't the best option for dogs due to their size. It can cause breathing problems, low blood pressure, arrhythmia, and make the dog feel bad. If you're able to give it to the dog at a low enough dosage, maybe but I checked online and most sites will talk about how you should go ask a vet about this instead.
>>
Ernest Funnerlick - Sun, 18 Feb 2018 06:40:17 EST ID:YniwxdCT No.33712 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33708
I actually started with a legitimate question and you exploded. Was OP trying to drug a dog that he simply wasn't taking enough care of? I know lots of dog breeders and owners and they don't have issues like this, I have seen genuinely mentally ill dogs but they all acquired it environmentally. I do know that people drug their cats but not perpetually and I've only ever met one person who was like "My cats are insane how do I tranquilise them" ever. And she was still only half serious. Cats are still half wild, dogs are much more carefully bred to fit a role within society.

Well when I googled I got two sorts of link to anti anxiety drugs for dogs. I didn't start it as anti american but it just seemed weird that anyone else would do that and outside the North American continent my culture, being British is probably closest to yours (maybe australia I guess) and we don't.

I found two sorts of pages on anti anxiety medication for dogs.
>Medication for getting your dog through fireworks nights and long journeys and other super high stress situations.co.uk
>The same substances to be used regularly.com

Dogs have mental illness issues but it seems like a poor routine or past trauma cause it. Maybe OP's dog is a rescue dog or whatever but when you read
>I have a high energy dog can I give him pot
It doesn't seem like a good sign
>>
Clara Clopperdock - Sun, 04 Mar 2018 22:34:47 EST ID:dg24fy+l No.33725 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33707
>Do people really seriously go "Oh my dog is stressed I should drug it" because that's fucked up.

I'm sure some people do. If you read the OP you'll notice I said some people give their dog Xanax which I'm against.
However, I did ask an animal board on a cannabis website if giving cannabis to my animal might be beneficial. You did not make any constructive responses.
>>
Sophie Feffingfoot - Sat, 17 Mar 2018 05:23:16 EST ID:hqLykehy No.33741 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33725
No, because I wanted to understand what was happened.

Also self medicating is bad, amateur medicating other people is even worse because its not you who has to live with the consequences. I wouldn't recommend people who have trouble coping with life turn to drugs because that's when you're mostly like to actually become a habitual user rather than just someone who gets high for fun. Addiction is about the user more than the substance (and in the cases where addiction is practically guaranteed you have to be a certain sort of person to use them). Drugs to cope with life is basically asking to have a (lol) weed addicted dog.

It may be a better option than how stressed the dog is mind you. But it just seems like we should establish OP has exhausted everything that doesn't require drugs first.
>>
Jenny Necklechid - Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:36:22 EST ID:o8hQYeS5 No.33769 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33707
My girlfriends grandmother has a mutt which is highly energetic;, however the grandmother can't really walk the dog and only has a small garden. So they started giving it drugs.

It's pretty sad , could you imagine staying your whole life in the same house?
It's such a sweet dog too
>>
Oliver Fongernotch - Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:34:35 EST ID:k8QpAWjf No.33771 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33708
MJ =/= CBD

I've heard that CBD can be good for pets but I don't think I've found any credible resources. I'd ask a vet. I don't imagine it would be too harmful in low doses but I'm not a vet.
>>
Clara Fedgeridge - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 02:33:00 EST ID:+sKvMJjP No.33781 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524810780913.jpg -(243124B / 237.43KB, 601x601) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I feel like giving pot to animals is incredibly cruel, I mean aside from the fact our brains are a bit different than theirs just imagining some poor animal having a freakout and not knowing what's going on, like why do that to somebody. If it was just like a benzo then whatever.

>Xanax
Yeah except for that one. That one is really well known for triggering psychotic rage paradoxical reactions in a minority of subjects, human, chimp, or otherwise. Lorazepam is the ticket but better just train him to be comfy.
>>
91;../ - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 10:27:58 EST ID:zLGcn85U No.33782 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33697
youre a fucking idiot and if you do this its wrong and your dog will die anyway. just be good to her/him
>>
Eugene Fankinludge - Mon, 30 Apr 2018 15:45:29 EST ID:HnV4pLvW No.33785 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>It's the crowd that says don't feed a plant extract to your dog but do go to the vet and let him inject morphine/ketamine into his neck instead
I never understand you people. It's like all you want is to feed Big Opiate with every dollar you funnel into the system.
>>
John Pevingkerk - Sun, 27 May 2018 19:42:22 EST ID:D9cXtEx+ No.33823 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here, I’m amazed at how bad the responses to this thread were. Genuinely surprised.
Anyway I give him a light dose of melatonin when he’s being too excitable. Calms him down and he seems less anxious.
>>
Samuel Crussleway - Tue, 29 May 2018 00:16:36 EST ID:k8QpAWjf No.33825 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>33823
I'm guessing you never asked a vet which would have been a very simple solution to your problem. Also you could have easily just googled the answer instead of posting on a slow board and waiting a month for an answer. You may be as dumb as a lot of these responses.
>>
Albert Penkinkidge - Thu, 31 May 2018 22:48:21 EST ID:WPiifb5Z No.33826 Ignore Report Quick Reply
R U N T H A T D O O D B R O

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.