Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
I want to to draw then paint by Albert Passlebury - Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:58:36 EST ID:ATbB+7jw No.52776 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1519790316674.jpg -(1857117B / 1.77MB, 4032x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1857117
I have so much going on in my head so many visions of crazy things and unique ideas then that gets amplified by a 1000x when taking certain drugs or even better when I've detoxes from drugs and have crazy lucid dreams.

The problems I have are these
>proportions-the bottom pic was a quick 5second drawing but that's how I always end up drawing when I even put some effort into it.
>I can see my minds eye but I just can't seem to portray it on paper.
>I'm thinking the whole shading part has a big thing to do why my drawings look shit.

Last year I downloaded the drawing on the right side of the brain,it was interesting and the top pic is supposed to be me.I was feeling so tired from work then and looked rough as toast.
I only got up to the part where you draw that picture upside down,tried it twice and for the life of me couldn't do it.Then I got busy with other things and forgot all about it.

So first of besides going through that book again what others would suggest.

Second I want to learn all this so I can learn to paint.Ill start of water colouring my paintings the hopefully move onto painting canvas with acrylic paint.

I've read it doesn't matter if ye can't draw as painting is different but I think it does duento you still needing a sense of these proportions and shadings and what not.

Without sounding negative about my self I don't think it is for me though.I have a super creative mind but I always used to mess about trying to draw when I was a kid but all the pics looked shit.
Any ways id just like to put my thoughts onto paper by drawing rather than in words.
So any help is much appreciate it
>>
Albert Passlebury - Wed, 28 Feb 2018 00:00:21 EST ID:ATbB+7jw No.52777 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519794021674.jpg -(1010909B / 987.22KB, 2048x2048) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>52776
I feel like this is Thw sort of stuff I want to be able to create
>>
Fucking Fudgespear - Wed, 28 Feb 2018 05:16:31 EST ID:IQGWs/Wm No.52781 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519812991162.png -(3107074B / 2.96MB, 1123x1144) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>52776

>I don't think it is for me though
Its not for everyone. I know some INCREDIBLY talented artists who give up because the idea of sitting down and doing whatever just stops appealing to them, and im talking all spectrum of artist the period blood artists to the hyperrealisitc artists.
Give it a go. you never know until you try, if you give up you give up. atleast you tried.

>id just like to put my thoughts onto paper by drawing rather than in words.
Then do it. dont worry about coherency you're only starting out.

>others would suggest
use books as references not manuals. Having trouble with hands? flick open a book and see how they do it, see what they recommend you try.

>I can learn to paint
Moving from water colour to acrylic is actually a downgrade. Acrylic paint is the most beginner friendly paint you can use. Watercolours are ruthless.

>if ye can't draw as painting is different
Depends on what your idea of painting is. most of my paintings are purely conceptual works, heres a link that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zozMksqnYk maybe might help you understand modern art if you want. But the idea that painting is anything uniform is wrong, you can do whatever you want with paint.

Btw if you're interested the picture i posted is by Kenny Scharf.
>>
Molly Furrykatch - Thu, 01 Mar 2018 18:37:15 EST ID:VtNpykj/ No.52786 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519947435861.jpg -(3127837B / 2.98MB, 3420x2621) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>52776
I had the same problem starting out. 20 years of "I'm not creative, I can't paint anyway" stamped into my head soI never even tried it.
You have a creative mind with lacking abilities to express them so give yourself some time to adapt. start with anatomy/figuredrawing lessons or whatever you want to learn and work on it every day. even a quick scribble, just putting down some shadows/highights is enough if you're not in the mood for more. seeing in shadow/light and their values is the most important thing in my opinion aswell, you got that one right much earlier than me..
Daily practice is the most important thing, expect it to take about 6 weeks until it's part of your routine and you will start craving it.

Try different mediums, I've had my mind blown by inkwashes, plain grey paintings but shading with them is amazing. Never would have thought to even touch them, but I found my great grandmothers ink and just tried it..pic related, my first try with ink

I actually have the exact same piece of paper laying around, just found it the other day. probably not going to finish that book aswell.. Also about 6 unfinished canvases and an unfinished mural in my room. Just do it whenever you feel like it and sprinkle some deliberate practice all over it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.