[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /b/tube -

Behavior by Hannah Mocklechidge - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:09:19 EST ID:ud4TXnrw No.4660370 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515794959854.jpg -(21725B / 21.22KB, 443x332) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 21725
Do girls do girly things because they were taught by society to do girly things or do they do girly things because it's in their nature? I'm seeing lots of female doctors, scientists and hackers on movies, cartoons and videogames recently; is this going to make any difference on the careers that gurls are gonna choose?
>>
Jarvis Sigglechatch - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:11:22 EST ID:oENYHR0p No.4660372 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Fuckin hope so girls are boring
>>
Chad Griggs - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:17:10 EST ID:2RZGAHpb No.4660374 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I worked in a healthcare setting recently and resident doctors seemed to be about 45% female. That's like a trend or some shit.
>>
Yoshiko Tamura - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:24:09 EST ID:HBEyUQ/X No.4660376 Ignore Report Quick Reply
if society can easily influence your career decision you will not make it in high difficulty fields
>>
Ensign Samantha Wildman - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:01:45 EST ID:ceIgB2XI No.4660384 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4660374
Women like to work in health care but it's a popular occupation for them. Women are natural caretakers, although I could see their nurses and shit learning more towards the sociopathic realm.

Before my grandpa died he requested only male nurses aND at the nursing home he was at was mostly staffed by women. Frequently said they weren't doing things they weren't suppose to do a d that they didn't care. I could see it.

I also believe women like that particular field because they are more access to men who are being paid well. Makes a lot of sense.
>>
Gil Chesterton - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:06:33 EST ID:OjE71hwV No.4660411 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4660384
People are nursing homes are frequently crazy as fuck. Nursing is basically death's door. You're either super fucking frail or past just being a bit muddle headed or both. Maybe he did have shitty female nurses but honestly if that home had male stuff then it's already pretty exceptional. I worked pretty extensively with residential and nursing care though not actually providing the service, I need to have a pretty good understanding of shit to do my job though until today and I think between 16 units each a manager and 2 or 3 deputies plus 4 regional managers and a head of service we had a whopping 4 men. My guess would be that the female nurses did give him shit care but the problem was home wide and because there were about 2.1 male carers in total he just saw women fucking it up. Anyway my point is that actually he probably did see poor care from female staff but he didn't see it from men because he saw very few men. I'm not inclined to damn an entire gender as sociopaths because of the testimony of one old man who's basically dead though. You'd have to already basically be decided you hate women if you're going to do that.

I'm public sector, women everywhere. Except I'm about to start working with the fire service so outside my own team it'll be turned on its head. All that said firefighters are supposed to be the nicest. My team manager says they're far nicer than any of the other people she's worked with so maybe men are more chill. I've had no problems with the large number of women I've worked with. I've met one hostile manager who needed talking down but when I met her predecessor he had the same nature, feisty, opinionated and almost as clever as they think they are as well. Hard work but it beats the ones who just don't understand and don't want to. Everyone is nice in my department man or woman. Maybe I'll report back and tell you that actually the male dominated fire and rescue service is nicer one day though.

No one in the public sector is that well paid though, so why there'd be tonnes of women if that's what they wanted evades me. Most of the high paid positions are married women. I think they're really fucking this up. I guess you're right. Women are hateful whores chasing money and they can't even get that right.

>>4660376
I don't think society easily influences anyone, you have decades of exposure. If you can stand up to that you're exceptional, whether you're breaking gender roles or what's expected of you due to your socioeconomic class.

Whether women have a natural inclination is something we might see eventually but we have more cultural baggage that we can unpick in one generation to work through. We can't give a meaningful or reliable answer and our friend's children won't either.
>>
Tobias Fünke - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 00:42:04 EST ID:itWf9qEw No.4660508 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515822124700.jpg -(349713B / 341.52KB, 1024x1479) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Girl acts like all docile and nice around her new boyfriend
>Completely disinterested in everything anyone has to say when he's not around

I don't think il ever get used to it. She knows that we know that she's totally faking it but i don't think she cares, which really is just plain creepy. Or maybe shes just that stupid. I don't really care, i just don't want to hang out with her. I'm just waiting by the sideline for my friend to finally notice that he's dating a praying mantis, not a human being.
>>
GeorgeGecklehall.bas - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 01:17:05 EST ID:3wAwVACn No.4660525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4660411
I don't know man I've heard stories about female nurses before. I'm sure they probably aren't all bad, but it makes me wonder the real reason WHY so many women choose this Field. Do you have a lot of female doctors where you are? I've never see a female doctor just like I've never seen a male nurse but I know they do in fact exist.

My grandpa didn't hate women he was just scared of the female nurses. I'm willing to take his word for it he wasn't crazy, just old and frail.
>>
NellBunnerchork.clp - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 01:53:25 EST ID:pHd2Wu4/ No.4660534 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4660370
There is male-structured and female-structured brains. All male and you act like the guy from super jail, all female and you are the little girl.
>>
Ejnar Hertzprung - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 01:59:22 EST ID:lajzc9+9 No.4660537 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515826762996.jpg -(54827B / 53.54KB, 600x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OD on birth control pills to feel civilized. Drink horse jizz to get rad.
>>
Firebreather Cedric - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 02:01:09 EST ID:RKOZfxbo No.4660538 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4660534
>All male and you act like the guy from super jail

What makes you say this, I'm curious? I'm assuming you mean the Warden.
>>
Ejnar Hertzprung - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 02:03:49 EST ID:lajzc9+9 No.4660540 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515827029996.jpg -(1121309B / 1.07MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4660538
He legit means Jared.
>>
Lee - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 02:07:46 EST ID:tarzNlXS No.4660541 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4660534
What do you mean by the little girl? Are you saying that females are all younger than males somehow?
>>
Gil Chesterton - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 06:06:25 EST ID:OjE71hwV No.4660589 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515841585597.png -(37742B / 36.86KB, 579x783) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4660525
So I thought I'd met female doctors but not many and they were largely young and still a majority. I also think nursing definitely was seen as women's work, male nurses still raise eyebrows here so maybe it's a female majority because men are discouraged?

I wrote a post about how I think changes take time to filter through and that doctors in particular take ages to train. You need to be told "you can be a doctor, for real" before 17 really to have a shot then 10 years later it flushes through. But then there's another 40 years worth of graduates above you who all need to go before the population of doctors reflects actual zeitgeist. I thought that we were both being anecdotal was silly so I found some NHS data here and used the GP level individual data.

http://digital.nhs.uk/catalogue/PUB21772

Being good at excel I took 10 minutes to make a couple of pivots. The exact roles you choose changed the story as I'm not an expert on the NHS so I don't know exactly which roles are GPs.

What you can see is that by number female doctors are the majority. The older doctors get the more even it gets and eventually it continues to male domination. If you do it by FTE (so how much work is actually done and how many patients are seen) it's a slight male majority with a similar story, just an earlier crossover age.

I did this in 10 minutes, I had to make an educated guess as to which roles were actual GPs (though I googled a few), however selecting or deselecting roles didn't change that much, the crossover age changed and sometimes women were the majority by FTE.

This FTE/number discrepancy is likely due to women working part time after having kids. Women still being primary childbearers is an interesting question. However it doesn't really undermine my main point we both had extreme confirmation bias. Lots of women are doctors and that over time more are entering the career. It's possible this is because the role models and shit ARE working.

I uploaded this to excel but the board won't accept it. So here's a screencap of my pivots

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.