[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread

Now Playing on /b/tube -

anyone hear about the mass ballistic missile text in Hawaii today? by RebeccaGashville.cur - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:12:23 EST ID:dCxYcwdQ No.4661009 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515895943865.jpg -(56155B / 54.84KB, 500x375) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 56155
There's some people that thinks it's a conspiracy. Honestly if this was an accident or someone actually DID fire a missile and they were able to shoot it down do you think the government would be honest about it?
>>
Henrietta Levitt - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:13:27 EST ID:kD0Mqk5e No.4661011 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yes
>>
CedricGooddock.pm4 - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:14:46 EST ID:yy8K0sJp No.4661015 Ignore Report Quick Reply
no
>>
Terry Taylor - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:16:57 EST ID:Ox+q8AQa No.4661020 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yeah some cocksucker messed up, or a computer did. The murrican people want blood (aka a firing, or a suing, that's as per)

alternatively, hawaii nolonger exists. Which one is more plausible?
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:18:14 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661022 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I just think it's funny that people are mad and outraged. Like yeah, you got scared and thought you were gonna die, but now you have a newfound love for life and you realize how fucking dumb and unprepared you are... I saw some bitch vlogging the entire ordeal on YouTube and she was like "We packed and it took about 30 minutes... Now we're on our way to the shelter." Bitch it took you 30 minutes to leave your damn house? YOU. ARE. DEAD. If that were a real life situation.

Govt should do this more often tbh. People need a good jolt to remind them.
>>
Ken Shamrock - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:19:22 EST ID:kHHR4HEL No.4661024 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah that is fucked up. People died from heart attacks that one time that Orson Wells or whoever it was trolled the world with the War of the Worlds reading on radio.
I wonder if anyone had a heart attack from this. Causing mass hysteria like that is fucking dangerous. People panicking, possibly getting into car crashes, all kinds of risks.
>>
BeatriceHessleway.gif - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:19:28 EST ID:tIKCgBhz No.4661025 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661020
I dont think it was just a mistake. You have to click yes twice in order to send the mass texts out.
>>
Henrietta Levitt - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:20:12 EST ID:kD0Mqk5e No.4661027 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661022
I think lawmakers or people who care about humanity are particularly upset because this has created a boy who cried wolf scenario and should a missile happen in the future, a lot more people are going to lose their lives due to this blunder. Also, cocks.
>>
CedricGooddock.pm4 - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:21:41 EST ID:yy8K0sJp No.4661034 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661025
Speaking of which, is whoever who did it going to face charges? That's immediate endangerment of a bunch of people and illegal. It's in the Constitution probably.
>>
BeatriceHessleway.gif - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:33:34 EST ID:tIKCgBhz No.4661056 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661034
Theyre investigating. It could have been a hacker or just someone trying to be funny that was in charge of the systems. I still doubt the government will tell us what actually happened. Some people think an attack could be happening in Feb and this is just govts preparing us or it. I'm not really big into conspiracies but I definitely dont believe whatever the govt is gonna tell us this time. It's too sketchy.
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:35:07 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661059 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661027

If people disregard alerts b/c of one false alarm, I call that survival of the fittest.

This alert showed people aren't prepared and that's a problem. Even with planned drills, most people don't participate or drag their feet. This time people treated it seriously and that's a good thing.
>>
Henrietta Levitt - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:38:42 EST ID:kD0Mqk5e No.4661064 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661059
No it's not. This only breeds mistrust of the government as evidenced by this very thread. That's a lot more costly to a country than spending the research money to revamp the drills.
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 21:51:49 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661085 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661064

Yeah, 420chan is a good indicator of how the general populace feels...

Like I said. If ONE false alarm is enough to make you turn your nose to all future alerts, you're a fucking moron and should perish in the nuclear hellfire.
>>
BeatriceHessleway.gif - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:01:41 EST ID:tIKCgBhz No.4661092 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661085
Youre stupid. People already don't trust the gov, this isn't helping.
>>
Leon Belmont - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:03:06 EST ID:Ro94cmKR No.4661094 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661085
This entire event is indicative of systemic issue. You're speaking on both emotionally and logically from an individual's perspective when really it would be more correct to view this from a sociological perspective.

You may not believe me, but the collective is a much different animal than a single person. This is well documented by decades upon decades of research.
>>
Gerard Kuiper - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:08:23 EST ID:hpttbF7E No.4661106 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1515899303142.jpg -(162295B / 158.49KB, 1200x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4661009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eyUrpOl40k

Lying in bed half asleep
aftershock in a dream
40 years into a deadly game
it's nuclear war
just try to be brave
hide in your shelter
pray to be saved
After the blast It won't be the same
hiroshima is here again
hiroshima is here again

Hiroshima was just a start
for America to act out a part
nuclear forces give us pain
while killing us with blackened rain
giving us a blackened grave
it's nuclear war
try and be brave
politics are a deadly game
after the blast we'll all die the same
>>
Leon Belmont - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:09:46 EST ID:Ro94cmKR No.4661108 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661094
For instance, how the group thinks ultimately effects the behavior of the individual. If a warning siren goes off, most people turn to their neighbor seeking positive reinforcement on what to do. Mistrust in systems can result in wide spread mass paralysis of the entire group dynamic resulting in slow modes of reaction. Things like this don't work on individual by individual basis; that's the entire reason behind the study of sociology
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:13:34 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661113 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661092

People can distrust the govt but still respect fucking nuclear bomb alerts. Again, if you can't separate the nuggets of truth from the bullshit — please, die.

I think CNN is totally biased, a propaganda media outlet. But when they say "Breaking News: a bomb has gone off in Times Square, thousands dead", there is no twinkle of doubt in my head that what they say happened actually happened.

I can distrust the govt in all manners of business, but when they say a bomb is about to fall on my fucking head, I will heed their word with 99.9% certainty. Even if there had been 25 false alarms in the years leading up to it, I'd heed the warning because it's a healthy thing to do, true or false. If you're all too fucking lazy to be kept on your toes — please, die. Morons.
>>
Leon Belmont - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:18:18 EST ID:Ro94cmKR No.4661118 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661113
You've ignored both my posts about group thinking. Nobody cares about how you individually react to such situations because that is completely different from how group dynamics within a population work. This has been proven over and over and over and over again and you're just broadcasting your ignorance about it.
>>
Leon Belmont - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:24:39 EST ID:Ro94cmKR No.4661121 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661113
Do you know that mistrust in systems slow down an entire populations reaction time, the time that is especially valuable in the event of a catastrophic event? People caught out in the open will heed the group response so that how you individually react means very little the smaller the window of the event is. That's the whole point of running drills, because people in a group do not think logically or intellectually; they simply react in response to events. Your type of thinking is DANGEROUS to the group. More deaths mean a much greater burden on the living. It's not important at all what you think, just that you are trained properly along with everyone else and you cannot train people when the systems in place are broken or mistrusted. You have a very poor understanding of the collective human condition and I would be very embarrassed to broadcast such ignorance out in the world.
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:25:50 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661123 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661118

Ya I ignored your posts cause I thought your attempt to draw a distinction was useless. So here I am now writing you a post that I think your distinction is useless. You got your reply, happy now?
>>
CorneliusDigglechock.cda - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:30:42 EST ID:YbWvR5Gu No.4661125 Ignore Report Quick Reply
probably viral marketing for some fucking movie lol
>>
Ellen Brownpaste - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:36:46 EST ID:7Dhuq+iI No.4661132 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661123
Well, I think you're being dishonest and you point that I am "drawing distinctions" is clearly meaningless, but I don't have too much invested in this. I don't expect to have an informed conversation all the time, but your anti-intellectualism is a little unnerving
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:50:57 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661158 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661132

And I think you're being grandiose. All you've written can be summed up in one sentence: people are influenced by the people around them.

Wow! Get the Nobel Committee over here! This man has uncovered profound knowledge about the human condition!

What you're saying would only relevant to what I've written if there was some massive distrust... Which I don't believe there is. You're just talking irrelevant shit, which is why I ignored you.

I live in California. We had big fires this summer, a lot of people were evacuated, despite their house not burning down or being much of a threat. Then last week, we had a massive rain system pass through. People were evacuated because fires + rain = mudslides.

Some people didn't evacuate because "We evacuated this summer for the fire and nothing happened." A dozen people died as a result. Is this proof that you're right? No. Because while a dozen retards stood their ground and drowned in mud, the majority of people took the risk seriously in spite of wasting their time this summer, and they're alive because of it.

One false alarm isn't enough to discredit an alert system. Twenty false alarms wouldn't be enough. And trust me, my TV is constantly going off as a result of warnings and alerts. Nothing has ever happened. But I still stop what I'm doing to listen, as does everyone in my damn house. If people influence people, then I hope my alertness will be an inspiration to my neighbors, who according to you are just mindless insects who need to take cues from the people around them when confronted with potential disaster. Personally, I think more of them than that, but hey...
>>
CedricGooddock.pm4 - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:58:23 EST ID:yy8K0sJp No.4661168 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661158
fire + rain doesn't equal mudslides.
rain + land where there weren't enough roots in them to hold the land together equals mudslides.
fire + rain equals dirty ash water everywhere
>>
Ellen Brownpaste - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 22:58:54 EST ID:7Dhuq+iI No.4661170 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661158
I'm merely highlighting the issues with a broken system as it pertains to group behavior, big boy
I couldn't disagree with you more on this topic, and frankly it will exceedingly interesting to see how this investigation pans out as it could cause waves of mistrust and doubt amongst the public depending on how exactly this error occurred.
>>
Guy Fieri - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:13:05 EST ID:9c1q6I3x No.4661180 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I briefly heard about it while at work.

We laughed a bit at how crazy it sounded but then I thought about how I’d even react to something like that. Would I play a final improvisation on synthesizers? Would I sit there in shock? Or would I get up and run? Am I the kind of person who would flee pointlessly or am I someone who would trust the advice to seek shelter with others?

In the end fleeing or suicide by staying Sound more likely. I’ve been in tornados and tropical storms so I know the doomsday feeing. At least with those you have that part of you that rationalizes and says the storm probably won’t kill you.

Even in the worst tropical storm while I was actually in a boat at night, my immediate gut instinct says it’s not so bad and I focus on surviving. I ran naked down a good 1/4 - 1/2 mike dock as water washed over it and lightnening flashed, to get back to land and I was determined as fuck no matter how stupid it was to go without a life jacket.

I don’t know, I imagine I’d grab a water bottle and jacket and get into the nearest basement. The thought of a missile, that could wipe out the area, with no idea exactly where it’s going to hit, and having only 10 minutes left to live, is so overwhelmingly complex that it’s hard to imagine.
>>
Justin McCully - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:19:10 EST ID:IEgs+Tii No.4661183 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661168

Pedantic

>>4661170

Waves of mistrust? lol, no. You're being sensational as fuck. I think people are stupid, but you take it to a whole other level.
>>
Ellen Brownpaste - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:32:32 EST ID:7Dhuq+iI No.4661191 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661183
Waves of mistrust is not me sensational in the slightest. This has been a slow build since the 70's and as our population grew larger and our public systems continue to crumble we see something akin to what occurred in China in terms of public fatigue.
>>
Thorsday Cuntmuff - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:36:13 EST ID:ceIgB2XI No.4661198 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>46611804

Mr. Lif - Post Mortem Feat. EL-P, Jean Grae & Akr…: http://youtu.be/-uE5yH8crgg

You might find this interesting. It's a song written from the perspective of three people watching the world end as its destroyed by bombs.
>>
M'Aiq the Liar - Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:42:47 EST ID:BowkiUKZ No.4661203 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>4661009
You don't shoot down ballistic missiles.

It's too easy to protect ballistic missiles with electro-magnetic chaff and MIRV heads. Nevermind that you can just EMP the atmosphere to fry all satellites beforehand.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.