420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Anti-BWB -- Taper Thread by Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:18:45 EST ID:yyZxg7Bk No.133935 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487179125318.jpg -(734626B / 717.41KB, 2880x1800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 734626
There's an anti-BWN over on /opi/ and I figured the same might be nice over hear. Come bump if you're working taper and feeling them jitters.

Let's be supportive of each other. It's not an easy rut to get out of. Here. Have some puppies for your troubles.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:19:44 EST ID:yyZxg7Bk No.133936 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487179184028.jpg -(367066B / 358.46KB, 850x445) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>133935
Or a kitten, if you're not a dog person.
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Wed, 15 Feb 2017 12:56:39 EST ID:4w0zRJVD No.133938 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133935
It's been roughly 2 full weeks (and one previous week of steep taper) without benzos coming from 0.6-1.8mg of etizolam nearly daily off and on use for 2 solid years 2-3yrs chipping (like last 2 years were 3+ months per year of no benzos and typically 2-3 "detox" periods per year either just benzos or Benz+booze/Benz+OPI detox).

I can order more and I had intended to. I have the money, it's only ~$85 for essentially 144 1mg etizolam tablets, and usually I find 2-3 people to buy 10 pellets for $20 every time I order so I don't waste tons of money.

Yeah sure if I send the vendor the money it takes roughly a week from sending it out to receiving the benzos, but I've been abstaining for some other reason I can't logically identify.

I want to say that my body is trying to clean up and reduce tolerance so my first ativan/kpin/Xanax script might actually work. Or it's so the etizolam can regain its effectiveness at low doses like 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.8mg. Everytime I start dosing 2.4mg 1-2x/day my tolerance skyrockets.

Not sure how long this benzo abstinence will last. I've drunk 1-4 glasses of wine per sitting at least once per week sometimes twice since I got off the benzos. Normally I never drink anymore because liver concerns.

Point is one must be careful of accidentally replacing one drug they're detoxing off of for another, potentially more damaging/dangerous drug like alcohol.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 15:46:20 EST ID:yyZxg7Bk No.134012 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133935
Cut my Valium dose again last night. It's both not that bad, and worse than I expected. I've tapered before, but this time I've been on Diazepam for 2 whole years. The time makes a difference. Each step down takes longer.
>>
Sophia !0R/XnN1IK. - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:14:16 EST ID:MPRjicNh No.134013 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487452456289.jpg -(23447B / 22.90KB, 720x575) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>133938
So true about replacing the benzos with something else to cover the withdrawal and/or make you feel good. Last time I tried tapering, I went from not drinking at night or having one or two beers/glasses of wine at night to 6 drinks or more. Not the best idea. 💡

Good luck on your taper Dr. Mario! Post in /detox/ if you ever stop posting in /benz/ :)
>>
Sophia !0R/XnN1IK. - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:18:29 EST ID:MPRjicNh No.134014 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487452709564.jpg -(50018B / 48.85KB, 720x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm planning on tapering soon. I take approximately 8mg of Etizolam a day right now and it has gotten out of hand. I definitely need to taper at least. At this point, I can't function without them. I also take Klonopin that is prescribed to me, 30 .5mg pills a month, that I do try to take regularly but it's not enough to function at work throughout the day. I'd give anything to have never tried a benzo. As helpful as they can be in the beginning, I shouldn't have a 5 year running prescription. I wish my doctor would have strongly pushed therapy on me. I thought I had it all figured out because I was studying Psychology. I've tried to make several therapy appointments in the past, and then I get too nervous and cancel the first appointment. RotflLol.jpg
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:19:42 EST ID:baWA5M8l No.134044 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134014
Das ok

Just make a taper plan yo

Cold turkey would be fucking nuts even if you dropped to just the Kpins.

>currently sick as fuck without opi or benzos left

Funny thing is it's been roughly 94 hours since last morphine dose and I think my WDs have subsided. Apart from not sleeping 3 nights in a row, horrible RLS, and puking my guts out during a botched attempt at toss and washing 3.5g of 11% kava kava, things are looking up.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:14:19 EST ID:yyZxg7Bk No.134065 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134014
Dr. Mario's got it. The key is making a proper taper plan. If you usually take 8mg Etiz a day, drop to like 7-7.5 depending on how long you've been doing this. Just try to keep your general blood levels as even as possible. Keep dosing regularly spaced. But you probably know all this. Just take your time, most importantly. High-speed taper hurts more than the addiction does as long as your supply isn't running out.
>>134044
94 hours isn't crazy bad. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Usually the first 3-5 days are the worst, and things start to get better from there. Throwing up doses is the fucking worst though. Especially if you're already sick, and trying to get well, but the body is just in rejection mode before it even realizes your trying to help it.

My body is starting to get adjusted to my new dose, which unfortunately means it's time to drop another notch.
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:18:31 EST ID:1znFxui1 No.134141 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134013
I need off morphine or I'll lose my life. My dream at this point is my first ativan/xanax/kpin/possibly vall so I can piss benzos legally (only want to cover up etizolam use.) Hopefully march 5th ish I'll have my first script. Won't even abuse it or hardly ever use it, i just want to get back to 0.6-2.4mg etizolam to feel functional.

I need kratom long term or it just won't work unless I go to WD suboxone maintenance, which is just as bad because I don't use other opioids 97% of the time (meaning I can't use the morphine anymore anyways)
>>
herblablablabla - Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:08:35 EST ID:7DgKjSxd No.134206 Ignore Report Quick Reply
2 years clean from 2-5mg xanax a day for 3 years. Cravings come and go, when I have nothing to do they get pretty bad. Got a small bottle of .5s on my dresser I'm trying to stay away from. Bla.
>>
Dr. Katz - Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:38:49 EST ID:aLd39FN9 No.134223 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134206
Damn, herb. I didn't realize you were 2 years clean.
Congrats.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 13:14:27 EST ID:wczNLl3U No.134248 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>133935
Next step down. Thank god I have Propranolol. My chest feels fine. Only my legs hurt.
>>
abeksR !wjzl7eIsPk - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 13:44:55 EST ID:cLtXn4TL No.134249 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134248
yo man .

currently tapering down off of Clonazepam .
on 6mgs daily atm .

only other drug im using to help is Lyrica ,
( which i was already prescribed for nerve pain but helps a reasonable amount ) .

is it worth it to try get my doc to script me Propranolol ?
would love to know how exactly it helps u .
>>
Dr. Katz - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 15:51:46 EST ID:5iiLSuZD No.134254 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134249
I was on it for a couple months when I was 18 (summer 2012) and then again late 2016 for a month. It's a great drug to calm your heart rate and some of the physical effects of anxiety, but if I took it more than 1-2x/week it would be completely useless even if I maxed out the dosage from 10mg to 30mg in a single day (still a low dose, relatively). I was on it before and after getting on benzos. It's not much on its own, but helpful in combination with benzos for most manifestations of anxiety.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Fri, 03 Mar 2017 02:05:33 EST ID:wczNLl3U No.134265 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134249
As Dr. Katz said, it's good for lowering heart rate and lowering blood pressure. It helps with the physical symptoms of anxiety a lot, but it does nothing for the mindstate in itself. I have a whole host of medications on my side though. When I step down my night dose I use more Lyrica (I also have that for pain unrelated to taper), but when I step down my day dose I use Propranolol.

So yes. I do suggest it. Get the XR version though (or technically ER, cause fuck consistency).
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Wed, 08 Mar 2017 15:25:31 EST ID:UTwTLcUV No.134313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Finally have my maintenance dose to around 1mg, I let my doc know when i got back in country yet they are still rxing me 4mg daily while supporting my self taper.

Lolwut.jpg 4th seperate doc to do this
>>
Lydia Wurryforth - Wed, 08 Mar 2017 19:55:00 EST ID:a+Wb8jGR No.134316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've been taking at least 30-40 mg of oxazapam for at least a year now every night to fall asleep and calm my nervous self at the evenings. I go to the gym almost everyday, take preworkout and pump and do cardio, that shit leaves my cns over stimulated, also on days off I feel like my cns is over stimulated by stress(at evenings).

I got this sleep medication from my psychiatrist last month, which is 2 7.5 mg of eszopiclone before sleep, I don't really get a buzz anymore(proably because I went on a fender bender on that shit mixing all my medications with booze, and then adding weed on top of that. Also I've had to take ritalin at least once a week and that shit makes me have to take even more benzos then I regularly require for a non feeling like shit night.

I feel so doomed,what can I do? I've come so close to tappering my oxazapam but ever since I've added that stupid sleep aid I feel like I'm fuck, the only way for me to feel comfortalbe in the evenings is to take benzos or drink to feel like my normal self.

I can't believe I got myself addicted to something that I hardly ever abused that much, and all i get is amnesia and feeling like you're on the age and always need to check your blood pressure and hr.

I can't even do my studies because I can't motivate myself without ritalin... I'm fucing up college once again...

Benzos aree fucking garbage, im sick of taking these forget me pills, I wish i'd become addicted some other more fun drugs like opiates.

I feel so rotten in the evenings when the benzos are starting to wear off and stress kicks in.
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 01:09:00 EST ID:wczNLl3U No.134320 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134313
Oh. Of course you gotta get ahead of the taper. Lol. My doctor has me at 40mg Diazepam currently. I'm taking 30mg. It's great. By the time I'm done with my taper I want to have at least a grams worth of pills.
>>134316
The best thing you can do is get rid of one med at a time. If you need to taper off the Oxazepam, keep the Eszopiclone on hand for sleep. Try and avoid the Ritalin as much as possible. it only leads to needing more sedatives later.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 09:23:39 EST ID:UTwTLcUV No.134327 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134320
Oh god I've self tapered off in the past and continued to get rxs "just in case" already have over a gram of clonazepam . I cant believe a male of my demographic doesn't set off interbal warning bells.

Hope the diazepam taper is going well though. My docs don't even supervise mine, they just trust my knowledge of how to do it safely and never chenge my rx lol.
>>
Dr. Katz - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 13:13:37 EST ID:ZFArehdl No.134329 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134320
After ~3 months of consistent fills, I already have nearly a gram of diazepam saved back. It's pretty damn easy without even tapering to save back 25-30+ 10mg pills a month.
You can definitely save back several grams if you're trying
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:34:30 EST ID:wczNLl3U No.134352 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134329
Yeah. I just got my refill, and following my (own slightly accelerated) schedule I'll have well over 500mg by the end of the month. I just got myself 10mg ahead of my doctor. I thought it would be harder than it was.
>>
Sophie Murdbury - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 03:48:23 EST ID:NjAZTCQ8 No.134358 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hey all

I've been taking xanax almost daily for around 6-7 weeks, I started because I was going through rough patch in life (big breakup on top of general depression) and could no longer smoke weed without bad anxiety or sometimes would feel panic when going out the house sober.

I gradually started taking more and at this point usually go through 2-3 2mg bars a day (always while smoking) but I always feel the need to have it in my pocket when going outside just incase. I'm wondering how I should start tapering, if I quit smoking weed I think I wouldn't be as dependant but still fear I have some dependence
>>
Fiend !!1C9jE+w+ - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:41:12 EST ID:wczNLl3U No.134361 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134358
6-7 weeks isn't a lot. If you're worried about it just lower your average dose. If you were used to taking 1-2mg, then only take 1mg maximum. You shouldn't have been on long enough to need a slow taper. You should be able to get off pretty fast.
>>
Henry Sundlebudge - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 02:18:55 EST ID:vmie1p+R No.134393 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489558735404.jpg -(128884B / 125.86KB, 890x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
3 year moderate user here. Some days were 0.25mg Xanax, other days were 6mg with half a bottle of wine.

Last month I decided to get off this ride since it was making me a cold and jaded person. Dropped from a bar a night to half a bar in week, cut that down to 0.5mg the following week, then did week 3 with 1mg Ativan every other night.

Been off it for about 3 weeks now. Had some discomfort making the jump to zero, mainly a lot of irritability, insomnia, and vision starting to shake intermittently. Still kinda working through the kinks but I expected it to be a lot worse. I'm drinking a beer or two a day since I'm on vacation. No weed here so I'm having insomnia from the withdrawals as well.

Glad I got off the ride when I did. I woulda hated to have another year+ of use stacked on top. I feel lucky. It was easier than I thought it would be, though.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.