420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Alazrapam by Walter Blathershit - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 21:03:42 EST ID:7NC44+gb No.134414 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1489712622375.jpg -(2297109B / 2.19MB, 4096x2732) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2297109
I've lurked here; posted a few times looking for advice and have always gotten quality and useful feedback.. so anyways today I picked up 50x 2mg bars. I have anxiety and problems with my GI tract and the benzos really seem to help with both..

my usual does is 1mg per day (take for therapeutic reasons rather than for recreational high). Sometimes I split the dose and take .5 in the morning and .5 in the evening.

My question is- what would be a good regimen for the 50 bars? Ensuring when I start to run low; I can safely taper without too much discomfort? Any insight is appreciated
>>
Albert Druffingtit - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 21:21:27 EST ID:N8UJ4qaL No.134418 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489713687853.gif -(24550B / 23.97KB, 275x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>134414
My advice? Find a better benzo.

Stop taking Alakazam.
>>
Walter Blathershit - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:25:42 EST ID:7NC44+gb No.134420 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489717542375.gif -(2437252B / 2.32MB, 236x307) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>134418
Honesty, I prefer Valium, but I'm not too connected and have to work with what I have access to. I am seeing a new doctor soon and am planing on bringing it up.. I have a decent amount of self control and know not to get too deep into it.. Some people can take the stuff like aspirin; but I have a low tolerance, and overall the benzos help my quailty of life
>>
Angus Blummlechutch - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 23:37:38 EST ID:pXA8fulG No.134421 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134414
what GI issues do you have? I suffer from more or less manageable (with heavy prescription PPIs) GERD and xanax really helps too but I only take it if it's REALLY bad because I know better than to become reliant on it
>>
Dr. Katz - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 02:17:51 EST ID:fxIkwqoW No.134423 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489731471992.jpg -(43696B / 42.67KB, 370x346) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP

Do not take benzos daily, ever. Make sure to keep doses low and take a few days of break in between doses. Taking 1mg a day isn't too high, especially if you're taking 0.5mg dosages 2x/day. I can't tell you what a good dosing schedule would be as I don't know anything about you, why you're taking benzos, your actual tolerance, etc.

What I can tell you is that mental addiction develops first. Beyond that, do not take benzos more than 1-3x/week. There is no reason to. Even three times a week is pushing it.
Afterwards, physical addiction sets in anywhere between 6 and 26 weeks (1.5-6 months) depending on several factors. Factors include: dosage, duration of usage, frequency of usage, biology, etc. If you've been using benzos off/on for an extended period or have quit benzos before, look into the Kindling Effect.
>Kindling Effect

If you dose daily for longer than 6 weeks then you have the potential to develop physical withdrawal that may necessitate tapering with a long-lasting benzo. The most common tapering benzo is diazepam, but Librium is sometimes given to help seizures and w/d for patients that may abuse the pills.
Valium > Librium for, well, everything.

>>134420
Valium (diazepam) is the king benzo for a reason. Diazepam is incredible in all aspects. Also, it was the first benzo to be intentionally synthesized and the 2nd benzo ever synthesized. Yet, diazepam is prescribed less than alprazolam, clonazepam, and lorazepam in the U.S.
Odd how things work out... Diazepam is superior to clonazepam and lorazepam for general and social anxiety disorders.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 11:56:01 EST ID:9BCcSDoL No.134428 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134414
Due to the short half life of alprazolam it would make a poor choice to taper from. Don't take them on a regular basis or you may develop dependancy which generally requires the usage of a longer acting benzodiazepine.

With this class of drugs frequency of usage can be a more determining factor in managing issues than dosage itself.

But hypothetically if I to intended to use alprazolam in a manner that may lead to wd/dependancy in some form, I'd be wary of using alprazolam to taper and most likely stay clear. Too many risks, including running risk of kindling etc.

I'd still reccomend not playing with fire though but its your call.

Goodluck and be safe
>>
Walter Blathershit - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:00:51 EST ID:7NC44+gb No.134429 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134421

The physical problems are horrible GERD, nausea (especially in the morning), and the worst is a constant dull pain in my upper abdomen... I have seen a variety of doctors for this and have had many tests without results. Recently I went to the ER because I couldn't keep food down for two days and was having trouble even keeping water down... I know it controversial.. but I think it may be related to how much marijuana I've smoked over the course of my life and have been looking into cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.. which is what one of the four GI docs suggested... so I quit smoking pot again a week ago and am going to see if it helps any.

Do you take prilosec? if you do how long have you been taking it and do you think it has affected your motility?
>>
Walter Blathershit - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:15:11 EST ID:7NC44+gb No.134430 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134423
>>134428

I take your warnings seriously... I have been prescribed various benzos in the past years and unfortunately I think I have experienced the kindling effect first hand years ago... I actually plan on bringing this up with my new general practitioner (I recently moved from North Dakota where there is a very low standard of care and any controlled substances are severely looked down upon) and after explaining my situation, ask if she will prescribe valium.

I'm going to be straightforward and explain that they are helping me in this time of uncertainty while trying to figure out whats wring with my guts. I mentioned that I took benzos in the past- but it has been five years since I took them with any regularity.. when I entered my twenties I got off of them and only went back when I started having the GI problems. I get anxious because I dont know whats wrong with me and I feel helpless like my gut problems will never go away and it drives me to panic ;__;
>>
Augustus Clellerhood - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:30:02 EST ID:ddzdPFTH No.134431 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134429
I took prilosec for years. started when I was about 16 taking it only when I needed to (once a month to once a week?) then in college I started having to take them every day, and around age 21 I realized I needed to get something stronger when it took 2 prilosec to keep the acid at bay. I'm 24 now and have been taking 60mg lansoprazole for a couple years. I've never heard the word motility until now and I think mine is fine. but I do know that when I tried getting off of PPIs, I couldn't even drink a glass of water without suffering from hell-sent heart burn and I also threw up quite often, especially after meals and drinking alcohol. so I've since given up on that and gone back to the PPIs and mostly given up alcohol and other heart burn triggers.

it's funny how a bar can almost instantly solve almost any stomach-related issues I'm having, including a serious case of heart burn, enlarged stomach, etc. you'd think this would point to these issues being directly related to stress/anxiety but my symptoms don't seem to follow the same pattern (I don't necessarily get heart burn when I'm stressed and often when I do get heart burn I'm very much not stressed in other aspects of life).
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 00:32:42 EST ID:3gvCI+xA No.134481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134414
$20 says if they're street batr they're all pressed.

Not the end of the world just be conservative. Check for xanax bitterness under the tongue. If it doesn't taste like rimming a freshman sand volleyball girl with the 6/10 body, it's fake or bunk or another benzo or whatever. E.g. etizolam is tasteless.
>>
Matilda Sumblestut - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:59:57 EST ID:B5uEyEur No.134641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134431
Not op but have serious GERD as well. It fucking sucks but honestly prilosec just makes it worse for me. Zantac helps and xanax is a godsend when it gets too bad. It fucking sucks that I can't really explain it to anyone without them thinking I'm just making this shit up but it seriously hurts anytime I eat.
>>
Matilda Sumblestut - Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:02:15 EST ID:B5uEyEur No.134642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>134430
Have Gerd as well and it kinda feels like the anxiety just makes the heartburn and bloating worse which makes the anxiety worse which makes the heartburn worse ad nauseam. Taking a bar when it gets really bad is pretty much the only thing that works now but I don't wanna start using it daily

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.