420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
methods of benzo withdrawal by Wesley Carringbock - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 00:54:24 EST ID:rf6gn85y No.137015 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1505105664899.jpg -(38450B / 37.55KB, 628x314) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 38450
What are your methods of withdrawing from benzos? I have found opiates to work and also to tapper off with a longer acting benzo, but what are your other secrets?
>>
Bombastus Werrywag - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 01:29:01 EST ID:pms+D2hz No.137016 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There's only one method to withdrawal from benzos.

Stop taking benzos.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:37:56 EST ID:8+FfCjhh No.137028 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137015
Gradually reducing my dosage based upon my comfort and avoiding kindling.
>>
Dr. Katz - Wed, 13 Sep 2017 00:16:19 EST ID:LNlHBoqv No.137059 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137015
The best way to get off of a benzodiazepine is to taper with a long-lasting benzo (i.e. diazepam). The Ashton Manual indicates conversions between benzos. Really, the ideal way to taper for a long-term user is to slowly get off of your benzo by replacing it with diazepam --- this means NOT just switching to an equivalent dosage of diazepam day one. You will want to be stabilized on a long-lasting benzo and then taper down completely. Tapering can be very tricky for some people and it is quite common to get "stuck" at a dosage level. You might think jumping down 10mg diazepam at a time is a cake walk, but you may hit a point that your body does not tolerate further drops. It's all a process.
Understand that relapse is in the cycle of addiction. Relapse is common.

As >>137028 said, reduce your dosage based on comfort.
You do not need a long-lasting benzo, but it is a better idea. You can do a 10% dose reduction per week and finish tapering in 10 weeks. That's a relatively fast taper compared to ones that last 6 months to 2+ years.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Thu, 14 Sep 2017 18:43:02 EST ID:8+FfCjhh No.137128 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137059
Truth, Katz is right that it is generally common medical practice to use a long acting benzodiazepine for wd. As described to me once "It allows my patients to better manage the time between dosages while withdrawing and the decreases, but getting them off the last amount is a bitch"
Personally, I would agree with this statement based on my anecdotal experiences when I self tapered of clonazepam

Hypothetically, there are "short cuts/band aids" what have you but I mean at the end of the day you're either; taking a medication use for legitimate purposes (often relating to epilepsy), potentially trading one addiction for another, or running the risk of kindling (look that term up if it's unfamiliar). The long taper is a bit of a bitch but it's the tried and true.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.