420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
How Do You Benz? by High Strung - Wed, 04 Oct 2017 15:52:12 EST ID:jkHAYtZi No.137468 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1507146732448.jpg -(147644B / 144.18KB, 850x680) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 147644
What are your favorite things to do while benzing? What's your ideal place, time, and activities to get comfy?

For me:

Setting: a nice leisurely stroll around my neighborhood if benzing during the day, sitting in my big easy chair in my bed robe and my throw blanket with my laptop when I'm home for the evening.

Time: Usually just before or just after dinner.

Food: I enjoy ordering pizza, wings, or Turkish/Arabic food.

Drink: A 12-pack of Barq's or Cheerwine usually, or a Monster energy drink if I'm going non-alcoholic, a lone PBR or a couple of glasses of hearty red wine if I wanna get a little hazy. Oh, and a pot of black tea!

Other Drugs: Marijuana, especially a good powerful indica. Maybe a low dose of Flexeril if I have it on hand. Melatonin if I benz just before bed.

Movies/TV: 50% of the time Netflix is where I do it to it, I love me some Frasier or Archer.... the other 50% of the time I'll watch some lighthearted anime (currently been all about Little Witch Academia, Re:Creators, and Shimoneta).

Books/Comics: I can't concentrate on books when I'm benzing, but manga and graphic novels are great when fucked up.

Music: Classical/Early music, synthpop, gothic rock. Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Cure, and Clan of Xymox are the fuckin' shit when you're meltin' into euphoria.

Socialization?: Kicking it with my roommate/sister while we benz together (she takes Alprazolam), eat dinner and watch anime. If I'm alone at home I'll get on Skype and chill with my ex.
>>
Hugh Collershaw - Thu, 05 Oct 2017 12:00:12 EST ID:d5Lby8UE No.137491 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137468
I don't benz anymore, because I forgot, but my ideal benz with improperly used yellowtext is as follows.

>Setting
My own house (doesn't exist)
>Time
Noon onward until I go to bed
>Food
Homemade chinese food, and a small amount of dark chocolate.
>Drink
Beer, water
>Other Drugs
Marijuan, harijuan
>Movies, Books, Comics
None of those

Depending on if I'm with friends...
>Games
Super Smash Brothers Melee
>Music
Some electronic shit mostly and maybe some Renaissance church music

If I'm not with friends...
>Games
Fallout: New Vegas
>Music
THE BIG IRON, ON HIS HIP
>>
High Strung - Thu, 05 Oct 2017 14:03:22 EST ID:jkHAYtZi No.137495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Renaissance music
Really?! Who are your favorite artists?! I love Tallis, Byrd, Gesualdo, Monteverdi, Palestrina, Carver, and Tomas Luis Victoria. I like Medieval music more than Rennaissance music though j/s

Early Music is bae benz music.
>>
High Strung - Thu, 05 Oct 2017 14:04:08 EST ID:jkHAYtZi No.137496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137495
Shit, forgot about that bad-ass manwhore John Dowland. He was a total chad. Love that bastard. NB
>>
Dr. Katz - Fri, 06 Oct 2017 21:42:05 EST ID:LNlHBoqv No.137551 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Setting
Wherever is fit. It really depends on if I'm just trying to get fucked up or if I'm strictly using the meds therapeutically. Home, class, work, bars, friends' houses, etc.

>Time
When I specifically feel anxious OR at the end of a long day/at a party. I don't party much these days.

>Food
I don't get benzo munchies like I once did, but I always make Hispanic or Cajun food when I'm benz'd. It's the easiest to make as I've been making/eating it since I was a baby.

>Drink
Water is my go-to drink. I drink roughly a gallon a day. If we're talking booze then a high ABV beer or whiskey. The past year or so has been a lot more single malt whiskeys though.

>Other drugs
N/A for this current time.

>Movies/TV
Psychological horror films/mindfuck movies, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park, etc. I'll watch random shit on YouTube, too. Depending on who I'm with I'll throw on a skate video or an art film.

>Books
Books + benzos aren't really conducive towards my retention of what I actually read. N/A

>Music
I've been a lot more into chill ambient hip-hop and beat-tapes lately. Beyond that: post-punk, early '80s gothic, '90s to current underground hip-hop, sometimes trap if I'm feeling extra dumb, classical, '60s psychedelic, introspective or conscious rap, indie, shoegaze, etc. I can go on for hours about music.

>Socialization
I become extremely social on benzos (hence having several anxiety diagnoses), so I become much more talkative in class discussions. When I would go out and party more I would give zero fucks and talk to whatever girl at the bar/party caught my attention. Hell, I landed the girl I'm with now from simple communication in a grad class we had together. And yes, I was on benzos (diazepam and alprazolam).
>>
Zeak - Wed, 11 Oct 2017 23:36:33 EST ID:6PktEwMj No.137623 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1507779393694.jpg -(28512B / 27.84KB, 540x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
When i'm benzing I like to be chillin with some anime or other shows I can get emotionally invested in. >cowboy bebop (most chill anime i've ever had the pleasure to benz to seriously if anyone knows anything else with the same chill badass feeling lmk. I have more to say but im really drunk right now xD.
>>
Wesley Fazzlesune - Fri, 13 Oct 2017 13:32:06 EST ID:VL8oDFKB No.137653 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137495
Hey, pretty sure I'm the guy you replied to, so let's do this. I'm not too knowledgeable about Renaissance composers, but I have some experience with the compositional style of the time, polyphony in general, and the various genres employed. I've actually written a few motets, but yeah go me woo cool story, anyway

With a name like Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, I think we all know who the goat is. My other nigga is Josquin des Prez, and while I like Monteverdi, I consider him more baroque era than Renaissance, even though he was clearly a composer between eras, sort of like Beethoven and the classical and romantic eras. I'm not well versed in medieval either, but since you asked, I smoke to Guillaume de Machaut and Hildegard of Bingen on occasion. Stay classy /benz/
>>
Oliver Denningnat - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 14:44:11 EST ID:AMgdkk5i No.137681 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137468
Alone at home doing things like listening to music, snacking, enjoying the outdoors, playing video games, talking to friends in a game chat, those are the kinds of thints I did on benzos before fucking myself in the ass by joining the military.

Hell, I can't even talk to most people comfortably without being on benzos or drunk, so I'd do that too.
>>
Shit Hebberwell - Sun, 15 Oct 2017 16:36:11 EST ID:a+Wb8jGR No.137683 Ignore Report Quick Reply
> Take benzos to take away the restlessness I feel in the evenings/nights.
> Take benzos to fall asleep.
I've fucked up, my life is over, im not even taking high dosage but I'm just trapped in this vicious cycle.
>>
Dr. Katz - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 01:08:57 EST ID:LNlHBoqv No.137692 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137683
Life can always turn around. I promise.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Mon, 16 Oct 2017 14:25:28 EST ID:kBStRnnS No.137700 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>137683
Hey man, I've seen people turn around their lives from any age. Mind you it always seems to start with the actions of the individual.

I wish you luck in your endeavors, I wish to turn around mine as well. It's easy to get caught in; depression, guilt, etc and turning to these drugs and creating these cycles. Breaking them is the bitch.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.