420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Natural benzo tolerance or shit product? by George Pittman - Sun, 07 Jan 2018 06:04:00 EST ID:F/3q7gjJ No.138870 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1515323040110.png -(79387B / 77.53KB, 512x512) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 79387
Hi, a benzo newbie here.

I've tasken clonazepam twice in my life (0.5mg and 1.5mg respectively). Today I managed to obtain alprazolam. I took an initial dose of 1mg and an hour later boosted with 0.5mg. Unfortunately I don't feel much anything. My perception of bodily heaviness is off. Gravity is seems abnormally strong. Music sounds really great. Unfortunately that's it. I don't feel euphoric, relaxed or content.

This isn't really what I expected. How safe is it to redose (0.5mg-1.0mg)? Is there a way to know you're going to black out?
>>
Fucking Babberridge - Sun, 07 Jan 2018 08:05:27 EST ID:K4DwwT9K No.138871 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>138870
You won't get any more euphoria from redosing. Welcome to /benz/.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sun, 07 Jan 2018 12:35:30 EST ID:PB8WrBdS No.138872 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>138870
Benzos are particularly insidious in the sense that it is often difficult to gauge degree of impairment. The effects at "normal dosages" aren't what most people think of a high, what you're experiencing is what these drugs jave to offer more or less.

Dosing/redosing to get high is a quick way to go from functioning on a bzd to fucked up. Think of it like alcohol, how many people who are are impaired by drinking (even without being "drunk) realize they are at the time?

Alteration in motor function is a big sign I use to gauge impairment

With no tolerance it doesn't sound smart, alprazolam is pretty potent particularly for someone bzd naive.

Yeah, cross tolerance can exist and everyones body chemistry is different, but I doubt you have a natural tolerance. Could have a shit product, but you're describing the subjective effects of benzod so yeah.
>>
Dr. Katz - Mon, 08 Jan 2018 16:13:01 EST ID:78YNj5ET No.138886 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>138870
Since you’ve had prior experience with clonazepam, I have to know, how did those experiences go?
The reality of benzo intoxication is that it’s a fine line for many between the therapeutic index and recreational index while still maintaining complete consciousness. That line blurs more often than you’d think. Unless you are particularly anxious the drugs won’t have much outside of direct utility (e.g. using benzos to come down on stone). Many non-anxious individuals consider the intoxication to be akin to alcohol with a cleaner feeling.
>>
Ebenezer Siffingmatch - Mon, 08 Jan 2018 17:10:17 EST ID:F/3q7gjJ No.138887 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>138886
Tbh i didn't feel much anything when taking clonazepam. The weed I was smoking completely overwhelmed 0.5mg of clonazepam. 1.5mg I took when I was having trouble sleeping, I felt sillier while watching tv in bed and then maybe 1.5 after dosing I fell asleep. So it kinda worked as intended

I've now taken 3.5mgs of xanax but don't feel that different. I bumped my leg into the livingroom table and motor control in general seems hard, but no euphoria at all. I even feel some anxiety over tomorrow's presentation I'm having.
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Tue, 09 Jan 2018 15:53:49 EST ID:eU6VsVxS No.138902 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>138887
Yeah, that sounds pretty typical for the non-anxious person. I know a lot of people will combine benzos with weed and/or alcohol. I don't advise alcohol, but weed and benzos seem to go well together for many.

Benzos are not euphoric in the way that opiates or other drugs are. The real euphoria, which many argue does or does not even exist, comes from the lack of anxiety. If you're anxious then lifting the veil of anxiety can be euphoric. Personally, I find the relief of anxiety to be a euphoric feeling. Many times I will prefer benzos to opiates, but I'm probably an outlier there. /benz/ + /opi/ is great, but it is NOT a safe combination. I can't recommend anything of that sort.
>>
Simon Bliffingtudging - Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:41:29 EST ID:rxo4FJm8 No.138973 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>138870
Wow, this is exactly the effects (or lack of) I got from alprazolam. Xanax never worked for me and I hate it. I loved all of the other benzos that I tried, especially diazepam.
Alprazolam just gives me a weird body load and excessive muscle relaxation which is unpleasant and very little mental effects. It also made wake up with a sense of dread.
>>
Nigel Drockleseg - Tue, 16 Jan 2018 23:41:54 EST ID:F/3q7gjJ No.139021 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1516164114784.jpg -(84558B / 82.58KB, 600x804) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Oh man, OP here. I guess benzos are just not for me. I don't understand the recreational value. I suppose they're great for anxiety and other things they're prescribed, but I can't get anything meaningful out of them.

I'm talking about Alprazolam. An acquaintance sold me 90 1mg ksalol pills for almost nothing compared to what xanax sells for where I live. I took the offer even though I had almost no experience with benzos and now I'm bummed out.

I've taken everything from 0.25mg to 5mg and I just don't get it. It makes me feel like I'm tired physically but not mentally. I can't fall asleep, I'm not having fun, not feeling euphoric. My mind is calm but there's really no reason for it not to be anyway.

Yesterday I took 1.5mgs and smoked a fat one. The only difference was muscle relaxation. Usually I wiggle around and tap my feet when I'm high but yesterday I was much calmer.

I don't get the hype and now I have a ridiculous amount of pills in my stash. Shame I don't know any bartards, Maybe I'll start hustlin'. That could be cool.
>>
Angus Pinningnug - Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:49:07 EST ID:McB/F80m No.139033 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>139021
Stop fucking with benzos, m8.

Otherwise you'll screw with your brain receptors enough that you finally do experience the anxiety that they treat in the rest of us.. except only when you're sober.
>>
Jack Bunstock - Thu, 18 Jan 2018 23:16:43 EST ID:CxBOyA3s No.139045 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>139033
this.
kind of strange how many threads get made on here that are like this..

>hey guise im new to benzos
>i dont feel anything, am i doing it wrong?
>i'm going to keep taking these powerfully addictive drugs everyday and in larger doses despite the fact that I don't even find it fun...

imo benzos are too useful as a therapeutic tool to be used for 'recreation'.
it's just messing up your tolerance and increasing risk of dependence.
I like being able to reliably get relief from insomnia/anxiety when I actually have to do important things.
e.g. getting a good night's sleep before showing up to a job interview is worth taking benzos for...
going to uncomfortable family/social events..
etc..

for me personally, the amount of 'high' I get from taking benz is a complete waste when compared to the amount of help I get from taking benz therapeutically. Especially when you consider the increased tolerance and possible withdrawal effects from regular use...

it's been years (maybe 5?) since i took benzos daily ( for only a few months, at relatively 'normal' doses 5-20mg diaz per day, sometimes maybe 30mg per day at the most) and i still feel like it's affecting my benzo tolerance and my anxiety levels (even with extended breaks from all benzo use of 6+months, at the moment i still take a dose of val on average once or twice a fortnight)

tl;dr save your benz for when you're actually going to use them to better yourself... or swap them with someone that actually gets therapeutic value out of them
>>
Jack Bunstock - Thu, 18 Jan 2018 23:46:41 EST ID:CxBOyA3s No.139046 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>139045
benz are also useful to keep on hand for when people freak out on other drugs or can't sleep. (especially psychedelics)
Personally I've found the effects of benzos far more noticeable on psychedelics, I think this is due to a seemingly larger contrast between pre and post benzo states, rather than an actual increase in effect from the benzo...

also I don't believe that there is anyway to know if you're going to blackout or not...
if you're blacking out you're taking way, way too much...
again benzos aren't really worth taking as a 'high'
they are a useful tool.
use them appropriately.
less is more, try to use the minimum effective dose

or become a bartard, have dangerous adventures you won't even remember and end up with crippling anxiety, unable to leave the house or even eat, drink and sleep without benzos...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.