420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
HIGH DOSE but short term gabapentin withdrawals? by George Blatherwater - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 02:50:23 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139898 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1520668223295.jpg -(65288B / 63.76KB, 645x773) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 65288
So I've been having to use HUGE doses of gabapentin for opiate withdrawal. It woulda got me through the sickness but the problem is I keep relapsing before I can detox fully because my roommate is a dope fiend (and clam addict thanks to me having that shit laying around her). What kind of withdraws can I expect from 2 weeks of taking up to 16,200mg a day for 2 weeks? Keep in mind I'll be going through dope/fent withdraws at the same time but funds have reduced me to snorting only a bag a day tops, hence why I've been sick all the time. I guess I'll find out what kind of hell I'm in shortly. I have a lb of English poppy seeds that I can take if it gets do bad I HAVE to get out of opi w/d at least and clam at my disposal. So I can only afford to get unsick once and DO NOT wanna get readdicted to clam. The lb of poppy seeds will only get me unsick once from opi w/d. Should I even be worried about withdrawals from that after 2 weeks of being on it basically 24/7?
George Blatherwater - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 03:19:59 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139900 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Also tapering isn't an option. I'm almost out of pills and the most I can cop is 60 300mgs with my last 10 bucks. After tonight/tomorrow it's gonna be CT. I've been though gaba withdraws from 900mg a day for a month and a half before but I feel like this could be a nightmare. I just had the worst splitting headache because I didn't have enough in my system a few hours ago. This plus opi w/d is gonna probably make me bawl. Would ordering phenibut be a possible substitute?
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 08:57:43 EST ID:5o2I4jcJ No.139902 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's a legitimate concern. I can't say what seizure risk is for example, but case studies have shown people experiencing extremely uncomfortable withdrawals off of significantly less for comparable time periods.

That's a shitloads man, itd be wise to seek help rather than CT. There's a few ways you could play pharmacist but the meds you'd be using aren't exactly benign, and you could fuck up. Plus idk what the cost of gabapentin is but if you can't afford a taper you probably can't afford any unorthodox ways to make sure you don't put yourself in a living hell.

Personally, due to the dosage, I'd be very concerned, this might be one of those times where you have to bite the bullet and seek med help.

Good luck, and be safe.
George Blatherwater - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:21:08 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139903 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well if I seize up I'll go to the hospital if I have to, but the last time I went to the spital for shit like this they just let me go CT in the fuckin psych ward so I think they'd say some dumb shit like most doctors like "gabapentin is nonaddictive". I'm mostly concerned about how bad it amplifies opiate withdrawal IME. I was in such a bad state I paid $45 for someone to deliver me a bag that was just fuckin fentalogues that last 2 hrs but it worked. The worst part of gaba w/d last time was the restlessness, panic attacks and derealization. I didn't wanna be on such a HUGE dose for those 2 weeks but I was involuntarily tapering down rapidly from a $150 a day rent habit and that's how much it took. Burned through 90 pills in 2 weeks. Can I get DTs from this shit from such a short habit? It felt last time like it triggered my hppd and dp/DR and I was taking a lot less then and wasn't on it 24/7. Well, 6 600mg pills left. If I tried to detox from this medically they'd take away my script. What can I do other than opiates and benzos to numb the pain? Or would I basically just have to go full blown dope addict again (which I can't afford)?
George Blatherwater - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:46:10 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139904 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Already having really bad nerve pain and shaking/RLS/muscle spasms. This is gonna be probably the most unconformable withdrawal I've had since CLAM cold turkey. I'm totally broke and 2 weeks+ away from my next script. Can't really tell what's opi w/d and what's from this. Probably gonna drink my PST later even though that'll make the opi w/d last longer and be even worse. Well, can't say I didn't do this to myself. Hopefully it's not worse than withdrawing from 150 a day of fentalogues. Can't even take hot showers/baths since my shitty apt has a godawful water heater that lasts 10 mins for a shower and won't even fill the (small) tub halfway. Shooting pains starting, still on 1800mg right now. Wtf can I do to make this easier? I have a small amount of bud/resin, a little bit of rum, too much clam, 1lb of good seeds and maybe 6-7lbs of TRASH Australian seeds. I can also get 60 300mg pills as I said previously and TRY to rapid taper a little or blow that 10 bucks on dope. Nb for lots of posts
Clara Nenninglock - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:59:50 EST ID:x1E9MLIx No.139905 Ignore Report Quick Reply
go to the doctor nigra, they can administer anticonvulsives
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 10:57:23 EST ID:5o2I4jcJ No.139906 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah the methods I was considering really aren't appropriate for your situation, and after thinking it over the risks are much greater than the benefits, and I understand no one wants to end up in this state.

you can get easily experience unpleasant wds symptoms from that dosage over two weeks. You've already messed around with your GABA receptors through your usage of other drugs (no judgement just early where I am and reread your posts for accuracy).

Also I may have not caught it before but wasn't aware this was a rx, prior to this post. (Takes awhile for me to wake up, apologies). I can relate, like I said you straight up might have to bite the bullet here.

Using phen is a similar route to what I was initially thinking, but I don't believe it's a suitable agent especially since your opirelapse is such a major concern. It also rules out what I was going to suggest since I was in the lines of minimizing potential harm, butI wasn't factoring the opi wd.

Ok I mean unless your willing to play mad doctor on yourself, this is really outside most peoples scope. Your situation is a complex case, I strongly advise you don't let this play out through self remedy. Two reasons; you're risk of relapse increases and the risk you mess up on supplementing the proper auxiliary agents and their related sides is pretty high.

Anyone who says 1600mg of gabapentin isn't addictive is fucking retarded. You may have some very uncomfortable explanations to give to the if you want to get proper care (I know this isn't the say the system should function but sadly it's the reality)

If your main concern is avoiding relapse man it might just be time to pay the piper. This will only spiral further if you try to manage this with limited tools.i know it's a fucking terrible thing to say but going to the hosp and accepting the outcome is your safest bet not to relapse and have professionals on hand who can offer you things to ease the wds. Agents you have access two are either gonna be sketchy as fuck, dangerous, or possibly ineffective. This is an odd one overall due to the polydrug factors, I wish I could give an answer with more confidence.

I really hope for the best, and keep us posted.

Also you could alter your story to receive better care. You'll still probably get treated like shit but in a psych ward that's relative ime.
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 11:11:15 EST ID:5o2I4jcJ No.139907 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah this was kinda what I was concerned with.

You don't want to play around with anti e meds (which in my eyes is the most feasible route here adjunct with other is a likely scenario)

I wouldn't advise utilizing anything you currently have. Several would likely be detrimental long run.

Rapid taper is a bad idea, and please don't buy dope. You fought a Fentalogue addiction, you can force yourself to make the right calls here.

Anything I can think of is fucking dangerous to do in your home, you probably need a hospital if you want to ensure safety and avoid relapse.

No worries about the post count, it's a slow board anyways. Really wish I could help but this is a fairly complex issue due to the poly drug and multiple goals here.

Don't use the Clam, not in a oh no it's da devil! way, but in a you don't want a to seize way. Anything outside of medical care is either gonna set you back on your opi goals, or put you in potential harm.

Be safe
George Blatherwater - Sat, 10 Mar 2018 16:47:30 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139912 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well I appreciate the advice but none of that really helps my situation. If I got stuck in the hospital again I'll be completely broke for the rest of my life pretty much and could possibly get evicted from not being able to pay my rent. I felt like I was about to go into DT a couple hours ago so I took 1800mg more and felt like reality came back a bit. I still feel very derealized and I feel the opiate withdraws but idgaf about those atm. FYI I have NOT been taking my script as prescribed, so I wasn't addicted to this prior to these 2 weeks. I only fill it to get fucked up and ease pain from opi w/d. I really hope this isn't a repeat of 2mg a day CLAM cold turkey. I can maybe get my 90 10mg a month diazepam script filled again from my Dr. who doesn't know my history of drug abuse to help lower the seizure risk. Problem is I couldn't see him until at least tomorrow and I don't have money for the copay unless I get lucky today. I get that this is an odd case, but I HAVE to be able to remain functional enough to at least scheme up money. I'll go to the hospital as a last resort. I didn't realize how much worse 2 weeks of gabapentin binging would be than opiate withdrawal. FML
Esther Dovingbitch - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 06:28:12 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139925 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So I was feeling opi w/d hard, I mean I think I was. Finished the last of my pills, 6400mg in my system along with .5mg clam and 4 beers and some weed and now I feel fine. It didn't feel like gabaergic withdrawals but gabaergics relieve the pain? Will clam and weed help this shit on its own? As destructive as clam is could I theoretically use it to get through these withdrawals and taper? Clam was a way worse addiction than opiates, but as I found earlier gabapentin withdrawal at doses like this feel like benzo w/d. I also shouldn't have such bad RLS from a bag a day habit. The RLS is still there but not as bad as earlier. Not gonna be a dumbass and resose as much as I want to I learned the hard way. If the pains too bad tomorrow fuck it I'll drink the seeds. I'm just trying to figure out how to function without getting readdicted to benzos.
Esther Dovingbitch - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 10:17:19 EST ID:19Hro4J9 No.139926 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well I drank a small batch of PST. RLS calmed down. Feeling warm, but everything seems off. Ear pain returned. Bad vibes all night with my roommate all clammed out on some ridiculous dose completely fucking up her taper and my money since I was using clam to barter. Ik I'm a dumbass for taking the clam last night but I couldn't fuckin deal with this bitch screaming "I NEED DOPE" ALL NIGHT because she lost her contacts in her phone and can't get free bags off whoever woulda been generous enough to do it. I still probably won't be able to sleep from her fuckin screaming. If anyone's ever needed to go to rehab it's her. She doesn't realise HOW FUCKIN DANGEROUS it is to black out and be on an unknown redose binge of clam while going through fentanyl withdrawal and doesn't care as referenced by her constant suicide threats if she don't get what she wants. This girl is fuckin bringing me down. Lost all my savings thanks to her getting me to relapse and end up going to a dealer that taxes on fuckin fentalogue bags and her stiffing me on rent all the time. She keeps saying she'll go to the hospital but she won't. Well we'll see who ends up in the hospital first lol. PST just hit and I feel fine now but SHE WON'T STOP SCREAMING. I'm chill but I can't fuckin sleep with this noise. I'd feel real bad tho getting her committed and having them let her go through major benzo and opi w/d at the same time cold turkey. Plus she leaves paraphernalia everywhere that I could get charged with everywhere so I don't want no 12 here. Just rambling at this point. I'm so tired.... So sick of this junkie bs and she refuses to let me get her unsick with the seeds because "they don't get her high and needs fent or D". I need some damn headphones for this shit. Nb for /stim/-tier rambling, as if it even matters on this slow ass board.
James Fendlechut - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 12:29:48 EST ID:9n9Pvxg0 No.139927 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I feel your pain man. I get similar high n lows too, albeit not this severe.

Jesus Holy Mary "I'm not a virgin" fucking Christ though. I really don't know how to give an adequate response to this post. At least you have a place to ventilate. This is a fucking weird life, especially for people with crazy ass anxiety and limited access to resources to help themselves.

Yin fucking Yang
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:37:05 EST ID:5o2I4jcJ No.139930 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah man, I know my advice wasn't particularly helpful, truly wish I could have given something better.

You seem self aware enough to be conscious of what you do, and a diazepam taper seems like a logical way to ease WD symptoms but the cross activity between gabapentin and benzodiazepines is poorly elaborated upon in studies and I can't say I have enough knowledge on this to speak confidently.

>>could I theoretically use CLam to get through these withdrawals and taper?
CLam is not an ideal BZD for tapering (or any therapeutic purpose imo) and personally I wouldnt' recommend it, but the question of using a bzd is for gabapentin wd an interesting one, like I said above the cross activity between these drugs is very lacking comparatively in literature (someone correct me if I am ignorant to any new developments here), and anecdotal evidence says efficacy is mixed on using a BZD for gabapentin wds. My concern would be the potential issues in rebound issues related to seizure threshold due to the differing selectivity of the drugs.

Keep your head up and be smart, sorry to hear about the bs you are dealing with on top of some real issues man. On this board most are pretty cool to let people vent out or provide experience, bump it up as much as you please and let us know how shit goes.
James Fendlechut - Sun, 11 Mar 2018 17:07:45 EST ID:9n9Pvxg0 No.139932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I wish us bartards were allowed to edit our posts lol

just for this board
Henry Blummletad - Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:25:29 EST ID:vikiyofd No.139956 Ignore Report Quick Reply
These withdraws are.... strange. I got out of opi w/d but everything feels off so I'm assuming this is gabapentin w/d. Very dissociative, like a dysphoric dxm trip. Starting to feel dopesick as hell again. I found 600mg gabapentin on the floor and ate it which helped the sweating and weirdness a bit. Doesn't really feel like "go to the hospital" w/d at all which is good I guess, but the mental aspect is killing me.
HardcoreXClamxHeadX - Mon, 12 Mar 2018 23:10:14 EST ID:9n9Pvxg0 No.139958 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yo man, check out some information on emoxypine succinate (Mexidol). It might hypothetically help ease your withdrawals in a healthy way if you're condemned to self-medicating. I'm not saying you should use it, just do some research on it.

Here's a tidbit of info -

"Technical Information:
Application: Emoxipine and its succinate salt are chemical compounds with antioxidant and membrane-protective properties. In Russia, they have been reported as antidepressant agents. (This product is for research purposes only.)
Appearance: White to pale cream powder
Physical State: Solid
Solubility: Highly soluble in water.
Storage: Store at room temperature or cooler, in a sealed airtight container, protected from heat, light and humidity.
Stability: Stable for at least two years when stored as above.

Biochemical Activity:

Emoxypine (2-ethyl-6-methyl-3-hydroxypyridine)[1] , also known as Mexidol or Mexifin when used as the succinate salt, is an antioxidant. Its chemical structure resembles that of pyridoxine (a type of vitamin B). It is not approved for any medical use in the United States or Europe.

In Russia, emoxypine succinate has a wide range of applications in medical practice. Emoxypine has been reported to improve cerebral blood circulation, inhibit thrombocyte aggregation, lower cholesterol levels, and to have cardioprotective and antiatherosclerotic action. It is reported to exert anxiolytic, anti-stress, anti-alcohol, anticonvulsant, nootropic, neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory action.[4] [5]

Emoxypine's mechanism of action is believed to be its antioxidant and membrane-protective effects, claimed to be based upon the following key biochemical properties:[6]

Emoxypine inhibits free radical oxidation of biomembrane lipids, reacts to peroxide radicals of lipids and primary and hydroxyl radicals of peptides
Emoxypine increases the activity of antioxidant enzymes, specifically that of superoxide dismutase, responsible for the safe inactivation of lipid peroxides and active oxygen forms
Emoxypine inhibits free radicals during the synthesis of prostaglandins catalyzed by cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase, increases the correlation of prostacyclin / thromboxane A2, and blocks leukotriene formation
Emoxypine increases the content of polar fraction of lipids (phosphatidyl serine and phosphatidyl inositol) and reduces the cholesterol/phospholipid ratio which provides its lipid-regulatory properties; promotes the reduction of membrane viscosity and the increase of membrane fluidity, increases the lipid-protein ratio.
Modulates the activity of membrane-bound enzymes: phosphodiesterase, cyclic nucleotides, adenylate cyclase, aldoreductase, acetylcholinesterase.
Modulates the receptor complexes of the brain membranes, i.e. benzodiazepine, GABA, acetylcholine receptors by increasing their binding ability.
Stabilizes biomembranes, i.e. membrane structures of blood cells - erythrocytes and thrombocytes during their haemolysis or mechanical injury accompanied by the formation of free radicals.
Changes monoamine levels and increases the dopamine content in the brain.

Clinical study

One study determined the effectiveness of emoxypine in 205 patients with clinical manifestations of lumbosacral radiculopathy (LSR). Patients were divided into two groups, and further were divided into subgroups depending on the presence of motor disturbances. All patients received a course of conventional medical treatment and physiotherapy; main group additionally received emoxypine. Thereafter, clinical-neurological control of long-term results of treatment in subgroups of patients was performed. The results showed that the use of emoxypine in the combined therapy of patients with LSR led to significant and persistent reduction of severity of pain syndrome and rapid recovery of function of spinal roots and peripheral nerves compared with conventional therapy.[6][7]

1. W. Gruber, (1953) 31(6): 564-568, "Synthesis of 3- Hydroxy-2-Alkylpyridines" doi:10.1139/v53-079
4. Volchegorskii, I.A., Miroshnichenko, I.Y., Rassokhina, L.M. et al. Bull Exp Biol Med (2015) 158: 756. doi:10.1007/s10517-015-2855-3
5. Rumyantseva, S.A., Fedin, A.I. & Sokhova, O.N. Neurosci Behav Physi (2012) 42: 842. doi:10.1007/s11055-012-9646-3
6. Dumayev K.M., Voronina T.A., Smirnov L.D. antioxidants in the prophylaxis and therapy of CNS pathologies
7. Likhacheva EB, Sholomov II, 2006;106(10):52-7 "Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova" PMI17117675"
HardcoreXClamxHeadX - Mon, 12 Mar 2018 23:21:04 EST ID:9n9Pvxg0 No.139959 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Here's the supposed leaflet information for Mexidol too that I found on some website -

Dose: 125-250mg 3 times a day. Maximum daily does is 750mg (6 tablets).
Period of therapy is 2-6 weeks.
Period of therapy for alcohol abstinence treatment is 5-7 days. The treatment is discontinued gradually, decreasing the dose during 2-3 days."

The bulk powder is much cheaper than the pills btw

Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.