420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Ran out of Klonopin two days before refill by Nigel Dindlefatch - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:07:28 EST ID:FKGPUnYr No.140707 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1523909248567.jpg -(7568B / 7.39KB, 251x234) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 7568
Hey /benz/ I'm currently freaking the fuck out because I called my pharmacy and can't get my Klonopin refilled for two or three days and I'm down to one pill. I'm so freaked out I have no idea what to do. I know that if I call the pharmacy and tell them this they will think I was abusing my meds (I wasn't) and tell my doctor who will try and get me off of them. I'm scared and I need advice. I have access to gabapentin but that's all I can get and I have no idea what's a dose. This has never happened to me before, ever.
>>
Graham Pittbanks - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:13:34 EST ID:bLlQIk1b No.140708 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>being under 21

go to the hood and buy liquor to supplement your gabapentin

if they ask for ID just say it got jacked. If the guy running the cashier is black he probably won't give a fuck and sell you it but if he presses you just 180 outta there. keep hitting up liquor stores till you get your booze.

>but what if I get robbed

well then I guess you go through W/Ds.
>>
Nigel Dindlefatch - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:18:58 EST ID:FKGPUnYr No.140709 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140708
I'm 22. I didn't think drinking could help with withdrawals, I'd rather try and use gabapentin. I don't know what a good equivalent dose (in gabapentin) would be to the 1mg Klonopin I've been on for over a year.
>>
Graham Pittbanks - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:28:39 EST ID:bLlQIk1b No.140710 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140709

get some taaka. It's cheap hard liquor

supplement that shit with gabapentin and break your 1mg kpin into two 0.5mg and take one 0.5mg today and another 0.5mg the day after tomorrow. I'm not an benz expert but liquor is a GABA type deal so idk. I mean it's better than nothing
>>
Nigel Dindlefatch - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 17:14:29 EST ID:FKGPUnYr No.140711 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140710
I'm going to take your advice split the 1mg Klonopin I have left take one half tonight and one half tomorrow and pray to god I can get it filled on the 18th. If I can't get it filled then Gabapentin or taaka will have to do. I am not mentally well enough to go through benzo withdrawal, it would fucking ruin me
>>
Nathaniel Clemblechock - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 17:14:54 EST ID:MLbAKDVs No.140712 Ignore Report Quick Reply
In my experience it takes longer than two days for klonopin w/ds to take effect because of the long half-life. I know I can go a couple days without it but only start to feel like hell by day 3-4. Hang in there OP.
>>
Nigel Dindlefatch - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 18:43:22 EST ID:FKGPUnYr No.140720 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140712
yeah that's what I've read about long acting benzos like Klonopin, the WD's start later but it's a much longer withdrawal.
>>
Doris Sallerwell - Mon, 16 Apr 2018 21:01:16 EST ID:qjc0zT4C No.140724 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If you NEED booze there is vanilla extract. Have someone monitor if you seizure. It is only a few days before refill tell them you lost pills and you can go to a hospital and tell them you might seizure. If you have the klonipin pill cut it in half and take bits of it today and tomorrow.
>>
Eugene Wollerfuck - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 02:09:33 EST ID:ryNaKfV8 No.140727 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140707
I know I could tough out my first benz script (1mg twice a day clonaz) easily with the gabapentin 300mg caps I had for a few days, I'd have 900-1200mg and be in that stupid daze it puts you in, I was taking it for some kind of neuralgia in the neck, prescribed dose was much lower than that, but you won't seize or anything at such doses, I've been in much worse situations where the only thing I had was 25mg seroquels and clonidine.
>>
John Congerchuck - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:45:46 EST ID:FKGPUnYr No.140741 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140727
What do you think would be the equivalentdose of Gaba to 1mg Klonopin? I can't get my script filled for two more days and I'm down to my last .5mg of Klonopin. (fuckers at the pharmacy are making me wait 31 days on a 30 pill script for no reason)
>>
Martha Nambledock - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 16:31:16 EST ID:yP5dJE+j No.140742 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140741
FWIW, the reason you can't fill it early is likely your insurance company refusing to foot the bill of the medication as, according to the prescription, you should still have some left. Not that it helps anything, but that's what my pharmacist has told me in situations like this.

It's hard to say how gabapentin equates to benzodiazepines, because their methods of action are different. I did find this, though:

>"I have been unable to find the drug equivalence between benzodiazepines and neurontin for the different therapeutic actions but, I have estimated the value from the anticonvulsant action for neurontin and klonopin. This value is 1 gram neurontin is equivalent to about 5 mgs. of klonopin. "

source: http://www.benzosupport.org/neurontin_and_withdrawal.htm

Remember, it's going to be okay!
>>
OP - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 16:47:36 EST ID:FKGPUnYr No.140743 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140742
I really appreciate the help, I'm trying to not freak out right now.

> according to the prescription, you should still have some left

Yeah this part bothers me because I am prescribed as written on the bottle, one per night so the people at the pharmacy should know that not filling it is leaving a person dependent on a benzo without any meds for 36+ hours but there is nothing I can do to change that.

Thanks for the info on neurotin btw
>>
Martha Nambledock - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 17:21:33 EST ID:yP5dJE+j No.140745 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140743

No problem, bro! I hope this works out okay for you. And yeah, I understand your frustration with the system. My pharmacy used to give loaner pills (give you one from your to-be-filled prescription a day early or so), but apparently they removed that policy a while ago, which ruffled my feathers a bit... Who knew benzo refills could be so complicated? hahaha

Take care m8!
>>
m - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 18:00:17 EST ID:c8hhU0v3 No.140746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140707

OP, Congratu-fucking-lations on not even being able to tell us your dosage, lol. How on earth am I supposed to give you dosage advice?

Just take gabapentin, but you MUST stagger it. Take one tablet regardless of dosage every 30 to 45 minutes between tablets. Something like 1000mg gabapentin staggered per 1mg klonopin should do okay. If it’s not enough, you can definitely drink alcohol to reduce the WD. You just need to keep drinking or else it won’t help at all. Start with 2 drinks right away and an additional serving every 45-60mins. Make sure you have at least 2-3 drinks before bed.

Gabapentin plus booze and you should be fine. Be sure to keep kava kava or valerian root on hand for times like this. If your pharmacy is ever out of your meds, always have them call around to see who has it in stock.

Two days isn’t even that bad. It’s not even a full 2 days, and the half life is so long that’s you won’t even have WD.

Btw, who the FUCK scripts klonopin for insomnia? That’s the worst medical decision I’ve ever seen.
>>
Henry Mindlebury - Tue, 17 Apr 2018 20:36:47 EST ID:ryNaKfV8 No.140750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140741
Yeah...the pharmacy where I get my bromazepam script...different than my usual, different doctor...nobody shall known....but the doctor scripted me a good dose, 2x6mg a day (6mg bromaz are the strongest, there's 3mgs but only old people find this to be enough) but only 15 days at once. So let's say I pick it up on the 1st of a month...they'll have me be able to order it on the 16th, it's not even my insurance, it's them, not long ago I told them, look it wouldn't be this complicated if it wasn't an every 15 day script. And here, if you renew a benzo script elsewhere, it gets transferred to the other pharmacy if you are out of town and it can only be transferred once. Meaning that if I visit my father on the weekend 2 hours from here, and my renewal day is a saturday, I have to be as slick as a lawyer to get my script and then they say, if I release them to you today, we will renew them in 17 days next time, they just won't let the insurance communications do the job, they supervise the shit out of it...and often I don't even lack any and I have some left, I just don't want to be left in the cold 'cuz I'm out of town.

Thankfully I got a valium and restoril script elsewhere where I gained the trust of those people for 6 years due to the recurring weekly visit to get my suboxone and, at first, every 90 days.
>>
Fucking Chiddlehall - Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:23:02 EST ID:GnzqaHRF No.140807 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140707
Definitely find yourself some Kava and start priming now because you might not feel too much on your first few cups due to reverse tolerance, so the faster you start exposing yourself to kavalactones the better.

Gabapentin will work fine as an antidote, skip the booze and use kava instead.

I'm a little late with my comment and you should have your refill by now, but just in case you find yourself in this situation again, gabapentin and kava all the way

godspeed, OP
>>
Fucking Chiddlehall - Thu, 19 Apr 2018 04:25:27 EST ID:GnzqaHRF No.140808 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>140741
If you have 100mg capsules, 3 every 30 minutes after a fatty meal with an energy drink should do fine, until you hit 1200-1500mg - if you have 300mg/500mg, same thing, just don't go over 1500 and make sure you stagger them

That might seem like a lot but you'll be in a cozy GABA cave after that and should help you feel nice and snug

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.