Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
kava? by Fanny Winkinhin - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 21:28:06 EST ID:X+YZbc4C No.142206 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1531272486230.jpg -(40305B / 39.36KB, 366x466) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 40305
Havent had any benz in awhile and dint like alcohol nearly as much as kpin or xanax or tiz etc. I was wondering what I could take thats somewhat similar. Has anyone taken kava before? Tldr want something similar to benzos because I can find any amd meed a good recommendation for amythimg similar . thanks /benz/
>>
James Huzzlepudge - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 00:41:18 EST ID:VbPkri/c No.142209 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>142206
Yeah, its different but enjoyable IMO. Just keep in mind that there is reverse tolerance in action there so you may have to take it several times before you really get the full effects. Also, start slow and work your way up.

Make sure you only purchase noble kava and not tudei or 99% of the extracts that are available and do not drink with it.

The taste can be pretty bad sometimes but you do kind of get used to it and you can kind of mask it with other things.

As for preparation instant(which is made by making kava and then evaporating the liquid) and micronized(ground and sifted fine enough that you don't need to kneed) are by far the easiest both to get down and prepare however they are more expensive.

For regular kava I use the "Cactus" method. I put my kava in a mesh pouch( you can buy these pretty cheaply online some kava sites sell them and some even give you a free one just remember that the micron size is going to have an effect on how much you let through. Letting through larger pieces will give you more bang for your buck but can also cause some stomach issues. Either way I'd recommend keeping some ginger chews around when starting out) Anyway, I put the kava in the pouch over the bowl I'm planning on mixing in and I shake it until all the powder drops out and you're left with the bigger chunks you don't want in your drink. From there I add hot water and you really need to kneed the fuck out of it for a while. It will feel kind of oily and when it stops then take it out and put that into a container to drink. The add water again and do a second kneed. This will be weaker but you can either keep if for another night or mix the two together for even distribution.

From there you have your prepared kava and, especially until you get an idea of your tolerance and the potency stick with a few gulps every 15-30 minutes until you get where you want to be. For the first few times I would just take a little bit, enough to get in your system but not too much, so you aren't wasting it while getting over the reverse tolerance. Its also really easy to overdo kava so it is important to take it a bit at a time and wait between drinks.

There is also the aluball which a lot of people swear by and makes preparation a lot easier. However I don't use it much for a couple of reasons. 1) it doesn't hold that much IMO 2) its not as effective as kneeding but it is more efficient.

Something you might consider for getting over RT easily is to purchase a couple of packs of the Kava candies. I can't list sources but they are easy to find and there is pretty much just one major brand.

Since I can't list sources of good kava vendors(which is really essential) I will instead really recommend checking out Kava Forums as well as kavalibrary.com. Both are great sources of information and Kava Forums is very friendly with all the info you need there.
>>
Topper - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 14:18:09 EST ID:DnRdxgHh No.142215 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>142209
Hmmm. Your post makes me feel like you know your kava kava and I'm interested.
I've heard of all kinds of OTC highs and I've been to the point of even trying a few and besides maybe DXM and Benzedrex, I've usually been let down tremendously. I remember a few years back there seemed to be a kava craze but I didn't dig into it at all but after reading your post, it seems that you have legit experience that intrigues me to the point of wanting to try it.
Now I've been a poly-drug addict for years, opiates and benzos and I have no reason to quit either atm but every now and then I like to try something new. So, let's say I take my normal dose of Morphine and clonazepam for the day and I wanna get high on kava, should I still go thru the same steps you've already typed?
What happens when you've taken to much?
What exactly does it feel like?
I know I could do my own research but I kinda want my answers from you specifically.
Thanks buddy.
>>
Esther Gosslespear - Fri, 13 Jul 2018 00:16:23 EST ID:VbPkri/c No.142228 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>142215
> So, let's say I take my normal dose of Morphine and clonazepam for the day and I wanna get high on kava, should I still go thru the same steps you've already typed?

Same steps in regards to what? But pretty much, yeah. Some people don't experience reverse tolerance but most do. From what I've read it seems like 7-8/10 people experience it to some degree so yeah you're probably going to have to deal with that. You still shouldn't drink on it because alcohol+kava= fucked liver. You still want to buy noble and not Tudei and you still want to steer clear of almost all extracts(look for True Kava approved vendors). You also only want lateral roots (Waka) and the basal stump (Lawena) as the upper parts of the plant are no good. You'll also want to take some, wait a bit, take some more, and so on until you get where you want to be. Even people who take kava regularly do this instead of just chugging a bunch at once and being done with it. Usually its done a "shell" at a time every 15 minutes which is traditionally a coconut cut in half and made into a bowl but really its more like a cup or so in more modern measurements.

>What happens when you've taken to much?

You feel like shit pretty much. Depends on the chemotype as well since that has a large impact on the effects. You can also become nauseous especially if you aren't used to it, if you leave too much root in your drink, drink it too fast, or overdo it. Ginger chews can help with a lot of that. Vision can get fucked as well. Kind of hard to describe as I've only gone too far a couple of times and after you do it once or twice you take care not to do it again. I guess you could compare it to overdoing it on alcohol; kind of. Its easy to keep it from happening though.

Its really best used but not abused. Stop drinking for a while once you start feeling good and relaxed. Don't try to press it to see how far you can go. Its not a super powerful drug. Its not necessarily subtle either but don't expect to get plastered on it. You can somewhat compare kava to alcohol or benzos like you can compare kratom to opiates but only somewhat and of course there is no cross tolerance. Kava can definitely give you a nice evening if you treat it right even with lots of drug experience. I've had scripts for opis for more than a decade and benzos for almost as long with rec use going back even further and still use opis daily and benz frequently as well as experience with most other drugs and find kava to be nice once in a while so its not like it wont be nice because you've experience other, more potent drugs.

>What exactly does it feel like?

Kava heads call it getting krunk. As far as specific effects it depends on the chemotype. its usually broken up into "heady" and "heavy" Heavy being more of a nighttime kava and heady being more of a daytime kava but really its a range. I can expand on this more if you like. Read this about chemotypes: http://www.kavalibrary.com/Chemotypes.html

Mostly its a feeling of relaxation, euphoria, and general well-being/comfort. You can also get some sedation, analgesia, and anxiolytic effects with certain chemotypes and you can get some pretty decent body load/couch lock with certain chemotypes. It gives you a really restful sleep as well and you wake feeling refreshed. No hangover or residual effects. You're also more clear mentally, especially with kavas high in kavain which are typically categorized as daytime kavas but you can get high kavain count along with other kavalactones to get the euphoria kavain provides while also getting the other effects you want.

The nice thing about kava and chemotypes is you can pretty much pick exactly the right kava for any occasion just by looking at its chemotype and most good kava vendors will list the chemotype.

It probably seems a bit more complicated and more intensive than just popping a couple benz or something but its really not that bad once you spend a little time with it.

Happy to answer any questions you might have.
>>
Topper - Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:33:34 EST ID:DnRdxgHh No.142230 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>142209
I pre'shate ya getting back to me. I think that's all the questions I have. Kava chemtypes seem interesting enough for me to try this out. Thanks man
>>
Matilda Duttingchedging - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 00:33:26 EST ID:VbPkri/c No.142236 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>142230
No problem. If you really want to dig into it check out the work by Dr. Lebot. He is pretty much THE guy when it comes to kava research.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.