Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Finding Rx by John Turveyshit - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 00:50:19 EST ID:PMWQtox7 No.145145 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1547099419264.jpg -(32396B / 31.64KB, 880x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 32396
Does anybody know how to go about finding a psychiatrist or nurse practitioner that will prescribe on the first appointment? What is the best way or the fastest way to find a sketchy or dirty doctor or whatever the fuck they are called. I'm in southwest Florida if that makes any difference. I heard this place was the pharmaceutical mecca.
>>
Charlotte Druddledit - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 00:51:58 EST ID:xfZyUmB9 No.145146 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145145
>I heard this place was the pharmaceutical mecca.
Yeah, 15 years ago.
>>
Cyril Grandson - Thu, 10 Jan 2019 01:16:54 EST ID:l6g3+N4+ No.145148 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1547101014720.jpg -(131061B / 127.99KB, 578x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
hardly anybody will prescribe a benzo on the first visit, unless you have a real greasy excuse of a doctor. you'll likely have to go through a wringer of SSRIs and shit before they catch on that none of that garbage is helping you. everybody's all up in arms over the 'prescription pill epidemic' (oh no, not an epidemic!! won't somebody please think of the children??????) so no one wants to be "that doctor who gets people hooked on shit."

i guess you could just go around finding different docs until you land someone willing you give you what you want, but they might figure out yr a "drug-seeker" and then you'll never get prescribed anything fun ever again.

fwiw i got rx'd benzos after admitting myself to the mental hospital trying to quit xanax and alcohol. so maybe become an alcoholic first??? wait no, that's terrible advice. i have no idea what the solution is.
>>
Doris Pigglesteck - Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:25:42 EST ID:1Z7tCgOv No.145169 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1547256342361.jpg -(67079B / 65.51KB, 640x439) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>145148
Had some panic attacks, they gave me diazapam, but I'm trying to not take it
>>
drm - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 11:23:39 EST ID:z2EMj9st No.145181 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145146

THIS.

OP, unless you're 50+ years old, preferably married or female, and have documentation you've jumped through the hoops of SSRIs, beta blockers, atypical anxiolytics, and possibly gabapentinoids, benzos on the first visit just doesnt really happen anymore, especially in SWFL.

The only thing that's decently easy to get down here is a Rx stimulant or modafinil if you're in university/post university job, or suboxone from private sub docs who charge out of pocket for everything.

They cant even script 20 5mg vicodins anymore unless its non acute pain or post operative. I've also seen more and more doctors switch from xanax to ativan or gabapentin as their "last resort" for panic disorder or GAD. New Valium/Klonipin scripts seem to be unicorns for patients without epilepsy.
>>
Hannah Billingson - Sun, 13 Jan 2019 21:57:10 EST ID:PMWQtox7 No.145195 Ignore Report Quick Reply
well goddamnit
>>
Graham Pandlewater - Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:50:44 EST ID:ppFQ1deU No.145218 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You just gotta be patient and shop around for doctors that take your insurance, because fuck paying out of pocket to these quacks. Don't be overly pushy about getting benzos. Any doctor worth their salt knows what drug seeking behaviors are. Honestly, all that shit is a fucking hassle. L2drknet
>>
Phineas Gudgefidging - Tue, 15 Jan 2019 18:06:27 EST ID:SgSHZhyL No.145222 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145181
pretty spot on. I went to a psych for my GAD and didn’t outright ask for benzos though that’s what I was there for. Visit 1 I get lexapro. He says it can help with anxiety. I know I’m not going to take it but just act skeptical and say I’ll try it. Come back a month later and tell him I never took it because I don’t want to start on antidepressants especially after reading up on them. He says understandable and feels me out a little. Ask me if I want to try benzos. Ask him if he thinks that help and tell him I don’t want to get addicted. Writes me a small prescription for Ativan for a month. Come back and tell him it worked great. Bumps me up a bit and that was that. Going on three years with him now from .5mg/day to 3mg/day. He’s insanely chill though and I lucked out as he is the big doc there and he doesn’t take new patients anymore. I was always open with him though just not full disclosure because I would never have gotten benz then. On the first visit he asked if I had any problems with drugs in the passed. Told him I used to smoke. He looks at me like I just killed his mom and very seriously asks “smoke?...like crack, heroin or something?” I say no, weed and he burst into laughter and grills me a little. He’s never drug tested me.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.