Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Benzos not working anymore? by Phoebe Fockleville - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 00:20:11 EST ID:86bjiiz4 No.145173 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1547270411163.jpg -(40161B / 39.22KB, 715x744) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 40161
I'm fucking worried as fuck, /benz/. I'm prescribed clonazepam .5mg I take as needed and have been for about a year. It always worked great when I needed it, take one or two and I'm chilled out and can continue with my day, take a little more and I'm relaxed as fuck all day.

Last month I was prescribed 20mg Prozac and was feeling great. The past couple weeks, however, have been really fucking shitty. I wake up panicking, anxious all day, and usually extremely depressed as well.

I rarely "abuse" my benzo script since I take it for legitimate reasons, and when I take them I give it at least a couple days before I use them again to avoid building up a high tolerance.

However, I don't think benzos are working for me anymore, and that REALLY scares me. I've been panicy and anxious as fuck for the past couple weeks, and today I took 2.5mg clonazepam, 1.25 Xanax and 4mg lorazepam and just ever so slightly feel anything at all. And usually just 1mg clonazepam calms me down. I'm still in an awful headspace. I'm anxious as fuck right now and I'm still very depressed at the moment. It's getting to the point where it's actually debilitating.

What the fuck gives? I'm legit scared benzos don't seem to be working for me anymore. Could it be my Prozac counteracting it or something? I really don't know what the deal is.

I love my benzos, but I'm scared I might need an alternative. Is there anything else out there that docs prescribe that actually help with anxiety/panic? I doubt barbiturates are prescribed too often anymore but I would love to get my hands on them or something. Something that fucking works.
>>
Martha Fusslelug - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 01:59:51 EST ID:xfZyUmB9 No.145174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Its the prozac
>>
Phoebe Fockleville - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 02:23:26 EST ID:86bjiiz4 No.145175 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145174
How so? Just googled the combo which I should've done earlier tbh, but various websites basically said it shouldn't affect each other or could even potentiate the benzo effects. So I still don't get what the fuck is going on
>>
Martin Pittwater - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 04:40:53 EST ID:Fj2iYIkq No.145176 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I would say it's not even the combo but the prozac alone. It's the AD most notorious for causing adverse reactions. Also SSRIs are likely to make you feel shitty at first, maybe it will diminish over time.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 09:13:43 EST ID:XkdLSsRD No.145178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145173
Could be the a poor response to the antidepressant, tell your doctor that you've had increased anxiety since it's addition.

>today I took 2.5mg clonazepam, 1.25 Xanax and 4mg lorazepam
Thats a heavy dose to be playing with. How often to you deviate outside 0.5mg clonazepam? If you frequently (or infrequently over a long time period) take dosages like this, you could have just developed a tolerance.

>Is there anything else out there that docs prescribe that actually help with anxiety/panic? I doubt barbiturates are prescribed too often anymore
For physical symptoms of anxiety there are beta blockers. If its related to agitation from a psychotic condition some will use quetiapine off label. Some people report great results from certain antidepressant medications. Depends on thebunderlying cause.

Ultimately non-pharmacological interventions should help make then backbone of treatment for most imo.

You wont get barbiturates for anxiety lol.
>>
Phoebe Fockleville - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:31:55 EST ID:86bjiiz4 No.145182 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145178

Depends on the day. I rarely take more than 1mg clonazepam in a week. Sometimes I don't take any benzos at all for weeks on end. It could be tolerance, but I'm unsure.
>>
TinyTrip !5pb17tfZto - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:05:06 EST ID:XkdLSsRD No.145183 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145182
Then it seems likely you had a poor response to the antidepressant.

Hope it all works out for you fam
>>
Phoebe Fockleville - Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:54:57 EST ID:86bjiiz4 No.145184 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145183

Yeah that's mainly what I was wondering if the anti depressants could possibly be interfering with my benzos. Like I said, i was feeling great the first couple weeks, and my benzos worked when I needed them. But I guess now that the AD's are thoroughly in my system they're not interacting well and I'm feeling like shit again.

Just didn't know if antidepressants could affect other medication like that. I see my psych on Wednesday and I'll ask him about it though. Just sucks cause this is literally like the 15th antidepressant I've been on and none of them have worked and I always feel bad telling him.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words. I hope it works out too.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.