420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Trans and asexual? by Martha Dartworth - Tue, 16 May 2017 16:08:38 EST ID:AylXXZKw No.403251 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1494965318015.jpg -(32837B / 32.07KB, 346x346) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 32837
We're MtF, we started taking hormones a month ago but we consider ourself asexual. Sometimes we feel agender. Do you think this is contradictory, for us to transition while feeling like both genders and nether gender simultaneously? Is it selfish or strange that we want to change our body just for ourself even when we don't plan on ever having sex?
We know that gender, sex, and sexuality/sexual orientation are different things but this has us a bit confused.
For what it's worth, we've taken better care of our body and felt a lot less self hatred and depression since starting the hormones.
We spoke with a psychotherapist and she couldn't really help us with forming an opinion on this, but that wasn't really her job we guess. She helped us illustrate where we feel on the spectrum and it doesn't seem to favor one side or the other.
>>
Edward Clayham - Tue, 16 May 2017 18:08:36 EST ID:qvvMo5m0 No.403252 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>403251
we? Multiple people? Multiple personalities? HOLY SHIT AM I ASEXUAL TOO?

Transition is for yourself, it's not for sexytimes. For a lot of people the ability to have sex without feeling incredibly uncomfortable is a welcome relief after surgery and whatnot, but more than anything, it's feeling comfortable with yourself.

If you're unsure about your gender tho maybe you shouldn't jump right in with hormones. I wouldn't call it contradictory, I'd call it potentially worse in the long run. If it's helping and you believe it's the right decision then carry on, but it's going to give changes that might affect you for the rest of your life.
>>
Lillian Brookfuck - Tue, 16 May 2017 20:45:46 EST ID:AylXXZKw No.403254 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>403252
We are one person with two spirits.

Exploring and evaluating how we feel and operate on estrogen is crucial in determining if this is the right decision. We haven't made a decision about surgery yet, but we don't mind permanent secondary changes to our body.
>>
William Toothall - Wed, 17 May 2017 19:30:06 EST ID:kUx1g4iu No.403260 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I still have depression since starting estrogen, but it seems to be depression over other matters unrelated to gender.
>>
Fucking Choffingnark - Thu, 18 May 2017 00:58:31 EST ID:LTjOBmjG No.403261 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>403254
1/10

I watted

You can't just be everything at once because you say so. And you certainly can't because you think so.

Or like, maybe develop some personality traits besides your gender?
>>
Lydia Dengerlock - Thu, 18 May 2017 16:35:20 EST ID:AylXXZKw No.403268 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>403261
>You can't just be everything at once because you say so. And you certainly can't because you think so.
>Or like, maybe develop some personality traits besides your gender?
?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.