420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
hate by Kathrin Cutitoff - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:43:15 EST ID:TRfUld06 No.404897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1520948595845.png -(13591B / 13.27KB, 2000x1333) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 13591
Do people hate me because Im LGBT? Is it their Cis-senses?
Frederick Billingson - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 05:36:39 EST ID:A8QQgwz7 No.404901 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I never understood what being gay, lesbian or bi has to do with trans
Walter Mamblenet - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 06:52:29 EST ID:Mh9Cu0qP No.404902 Ignore Report Quick Reply

You gotta remember what trans is today isnt what trans has always been. for many decades from like the 60's-70's till like mid 90's being a trans person and transitioning was an incredibly rare thing and the only place trans people could be themselves was in gay bars, gay clubs and gay organisations.
Now trans people are very visible and they can venture out into other spheres of life and in even fit into cisociety.

So its all good going "but why are LGBT all comobined T has nothing to do with the rest" they kind of do, they struggled for acceptance and rights together, gay bars offered refuge to trans people to do their thing.

Like it or not the trans community is not strong enough to stand by itself.
Hedda Blanningworth - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 08:21:02 EST ID:YkR+vW/1 No.404904 Ignore Report Quick Reply
All these identity politics is nonsense. You can stand on your own as an individual.
Hedda Chacklebag - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:31:46 EST ID:neKL0hfI No.404905 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think what that poster was getting at is the fact that the place/perception of a transperson in the eyes of others in society has changed over time. Nowadays we have separated biological sex and gender, but it wasn't always the case that people thought like that, as you likely know.

But I see your point. Personally I don't think about myself as being so connected to the LGBT concept, and really it is about one's own experience.
Walter Mamblenet - Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:08:50 EST ID:Mh9Cu0qP No.404908 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Whos talking identity politics? they wanted to know why the T is in LGBT, i told them.

Its easier to obtain rights as a member of a group than as an individual. the whole united we stand divided we fall thing.
Lillian Pickforth - Sat, 17 Mar 2018 02:09:52 EST ID:2MZ+/S9J No.404912 Ignore Report Quick Reply
"standing on your own as an individual" is a privilege that was hard fought and won. Don't expect it to last, either. Fool is the one who treads calm water and thereby declares from association all waters ahead will too be calm.

Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.