420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Archaic Womanhood by Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Mon, 23 Apr 2018 07:08:24 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405121 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1524481704368.jpg -(54560B / 53.28KB, 637x508) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 54560
I sometimes feel ashamed to admit this desire, but sometimes I yearn for all of the things that woman would have done in the past. I was thrilled when I learned a new word from the "transgender is not harem" thread here. I don't know why I feel ashamed to admit that I sometimes yearn for archaic womanhood, but I suppose this is due to societal pressures on how women should act and the fear of being targeted by the most radical of feminists. How many of you here feel the same way that I do?
>>
Angus Brankinkadging - Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:14:43 EST ID:DJMnN8vh No.405124 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There are only four types of archaic woman you should ever aspire to be. They are Roman,Greek,Minoan and Native (North) American.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:47:58 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405125 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405124
I have often times wished I were Native American (and to a lesser extent Roman).
>>
James Suffingkutch - Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:19:19 EST ID:Mh9Cu0qP No.405126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405121

Well thats the beauty of the current system isnt it? you are free to do anything you want its only societal pressures holding you back.

But then you gotta ask yourself would an archaic woman go against the grain of society or go with society? i think they would go with the society so i think your reluctance into embracing your archaic womanhood means that you are already and archaic woman!

maybe you just need to embrace more conservatism. have you considered becoming Amish?
>>
Priscilla Drirringbene - Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:24:28 EST ID:7hJCOOod No.405127 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It really depends on what you mean by archaic. Levels of practical female control varied hugely in ancient societies, though there's every evidence to believe that gender-based labor roles have been delegated since at least the Paleolithic. It ranges from effective serfdom to being able to compete with men behind the political veil despite not ostensibly being political agents (Sparta, Rome). Some peoples, like the Hopi, likely practiced full egalitarianism. Many Mississippian cultures were matrilineal.
>>
Charles Sackleville - Tue, 24 Apr 2018 02:33:40 EST ID:Jt2EK7wn No.405130 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405124
>Roman
"The difference between Celtic women and Roman women is that Celtic women enjoy the best of men in public, and Roman women suffer the worst of men in private."
>>
Nell Sinkinstock - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:42:42 EST ID:IWQ8cYmQ No.405163 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405130
Roman women still pretty much were able to do what they wanted to do
>>
Jarvis Dubblecocke - Tue, 01 May 2018 16:10:10 EST ID:7hJCOOod No.405185 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405163
>>405130
They were more or less the same. Daughters were the property of the father and while the degree of freedom was greater than say, Egypt, it wasn't even as good as certain city-states in Greece (like Sparta).
>>
Phyllis Shakebury - Wed, 02 May 2018 11:43:06 EST ID:DJMnN8vh No.405193 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405185
Etruscan women were the freest of the classical world.
>>
Basil Blettingshaw - Thu, 03 May 2018 00:17:20 EST ID:Jt2EK7wn No.405202 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405185
Boudica would fucking murder you and Greece is for assholes.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Thu, 03 May 2018 02:29:29 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405203 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405193
What is Etruscan?

>>405202
Why is Greece for assholes per se? Are you referring to how much scholarly philosophy originated in the Greek States?
>>
Barnaby Hillerspear - Thu, 03 May 2018 17:23:07 EST ID:fmNa2H2N No.405204 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525382587197.jpg -(75952B / 74.17KB, 750x599) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>405193
They were a civilization on the ancient Italian Peninsula that pre-dated the Romans first recorded in the late-Bronze Age.

We know from Greek historian Theopompus of Chios that it was common for Etruscan women to engage in sexual activities with numerous partners even in the presence of their husbands. There was no embarrassment in being naked, and sexual acts frequently occurred in public for all to see. The Tomb of the Floggings has erotic scenes depicting a woman with two men. It was common to partner swap and for women to engage in gymnastic sexual positions. Etruscan men were keen and skillful lovers to their women, although A scene from the Tomb of the Bigas illustrates an audience for a chariot race of very cozy men with a homosexual couple making love in plain view. A scene from the Tomb of Bulls also depicts a homosexual couple on the opposite side of two heterosexual couples.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Fri, 04 May 2018 01:14:59 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405205 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405204
I presume this society was later conquered by the future Roman Empire? Because that society sounds like fun.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Sat, 05 May 2018 03:55:42 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405207 Ignore Report Quick Reply
How come I hold this desire to relocate to somewhere remote, through not completely cut off from society as to continue receiving medical treatment, and just live in peace with nature, my significant other, and take on the roles that men and women used to take on prior to modern society with it's vast amount of technology? I honestly don't mind living as a woman in outdated gender roles if I could find serenity. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
Edwin Tillingforth - Sat, 05 May 2018 05:29:20 EST ID:7hJCOOod No.405208 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405205
It's debated as to whether or not the Etruscans founded or was usurped by Rome. They are heavily tied into the founding, both the myth and on the ground archaeology.
>>
Caroline Codgeway - Sat, 05 May 2018 23:34:26 EST ID:gjPLkU7y No.405211 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525577666216.jpg -(2312575B / 2.21MB, 3648x2736) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>405208
>Etruscans founded or was usurped by Rome.
Likely a mix of both.
>>
Charles Besslebury - Tue, 08 May 2018 12:13:14 EST ID:uFkXlVhe No.405219 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405121
I feel the same OP. I often find it hard to explain since a lot of trans girls want to live as housewives but for me it goes a bit beyond that, often touching upon religious themes.
>>
Fuck Donningson - Tue, 08 May 2018 15:24:29 EST ID:/+8n58cz No.405220 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405219
>often touching upon religious themes
That sounds fun do tell.
>>
Charles Besslebury - Tue, 08 May 2018 17:12:19 EST ID:uFkXlVhe No.405221 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405220
It's kind of hard to explain, but it's that ideal of godly womanhood and biblical gender roles, the idea of serving God by fulfilling a rigid and traditional gender role and submitting to male authority. The religion element sort of softens it and justifies it to me. It makes it all seem not arbitrary at all but actually good and moral.
I don't know if that made any sense sorry.
>>
Emma Shittingfoot - Tue, 08 May 2018 18:49:44 EST ID:Jt2EK7wn No.405222 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525819784969.jpg -(37545B / 36.67KB, 348x342) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Can dickgirls be nuns?
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 00:11:54 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405225 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1525839114807.jpg -(96216B / 93.96KB, 595x793) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>405219
>>405221
This is literally me. Sometimes I feel like from the day when my therapist diagnosed me (and a few times prior) I felt as if I weren't only undergoing a gender transition but a spiritual one as well. I am honestly contemplating on wearing a headscarf too and I think because of my main reasons for wanting to wear one as well as my spiritual awakening it really does feel like it's a generous gesture to God. I sometimes question if there was a reason why I thought of 1 Corinthians 11:3-10 when I randomly thought about the insult used by man to demean other men by calling them women. I was the person who is looking to make the "trans hijab" and I even found a nice pattern for it that looks like it could pass (no pun intended) as a generic pattern with bright colors on it. I did buy a cheap inner hijab but now I realized that is suppose to be underneath the main covering and figures I choose pink. I don't know what is up with me or why religious matters suddenly become an interest for me, but it does sometimes feel like someone up there likes me enough to, at least, make my transition smoothly. I haven't had to run into any problems (yet) but that is likely due to me not presenting full time due to fear. But over the course of several months the most I have had to deal with was back and forth dialing of my primary care provider's office and my endocrinologist's office to ensure a referral got through so my insurance provider could cover my medication and visits.

And a part of me sort of likes submitting myself to something bigger than myself. That specific biblical verse and my reasons for falling in love with it actually gave me a sense of empowerment and donning a head covering did boost my confidence. I could only imagine how it might fell once I buy the fabric to make a full fledged one, hijabie style.

To make matters even more interesting I have found an LGBT affirming church and their pastor messaged me on Facebook. Their sermons were literally a few minutes walk from my apartment complex though they have moved yet they are still within a few minutes walk and now one bus ride. This pastor shares some unconventional beliefs much like I, he isn't anti-science, and he is also gay too. I really want to meet him but I am afraid of sneaking out on a Sunday morning since my brother is an atheist.

I may as well share some of my notes upon my reflection of these verses too.

Is this normal that I am suddenly feeling as if I am undergoing a spiritual transition and that sometimes I think God maybe helping through these six months off of my hormones?

I think my first real act of submission came in a promise that I am starting to feel very serious about that I wrote it down in a journal I started to keep.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 00:16:13 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405228 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405224
I personally don't think any of the verses in the Bible or even the Qur'an are instructing women to submit as if they are property (that last one might be sketchy) but only instructing them to respect their husbands, brothers, fathers, for they are a reflection of Christ who is a reflection of God.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 00:37:29 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405229 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405228
What I also found interesting is that in the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible this verse actually utilizes the word, "Reflection."

> 3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the husband is the head of his wife, and God is the head of Christ. 4 Any man who prays or prophesies with something on his head disgraces his head, 5 but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled disgraces her head—it is one and the same thing as having her head shaved. 6 For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or to be shaved, she should wear a veil. 7 For a man ought not to have his head veiled, since he is the image and reflection of God; but woman is the reflection of man. 8 Indeed, man was not made from woman, but woman from man. 9 Neither was man created for the sake of woman, but woman for the sake of man. 10 For this reason a woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+11%3A3-10&version=NRSV
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 00:51:17 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405232 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405230
I should reflect on another verse that I've come to love. Should I feel ashamed that I actually like Muslim fashion from hijabs to abayas? It's not like I am yearning to convert to Islam, but I just think hijabs are pretty and I think it might actually suit me and I think their clothing also looks pretty. I also like how it does sort of encourage modesty. I've searched long and wide for clothing that doesn't reveal too much and it seems like conservative clothing is scares in modern Western fashion. Is something wrong with me?
>>
Lillian Pullerspear - Wed, 09 May 2018 04:24:19 EST ID:uFkXlVhe No.405234 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405228
That's kind of the thing I wanted to get at with submission, really I don't want to imply it's some accurate reflection of Christianity but merely a fantasy I guess.
>>405232
There's nothing wrong with finding certain clothes pretty, and I know what you mean by modesty. I don't like showing much skin and sometimes it can be hard to find nice clothes that also adequately cover.
>>
Lydia Croddlepadge - Wed, 09 May 2018 10:34:05 EST ID:Mh9Cu0qP No.405235 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405232

nothing is wrong with you. just go to a hijab store and buy a couple and enjoy yourself!
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 20:53:47 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405238 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405235
I'm actually about to buy some fabric with a pattern that I found that could work for that "transhijab" which also could pass for a very generic horizontal stripe pattern too so I could just say I liked the colors.

https://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/4228696-trans-pride-stripes-lighter-by-abandonedwarehouse

Like my pattern choice?

I think the measures from what I have learned said 30 x 72 inches for 1 headscarf since most call for 2 yards which is then cut in half to make 2 scarves. But I think I might just buy 1 yard since this is experimental (it's around $53 for 2 yards.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 20:55:06 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405238
Nevermind, looks like I have to have 2 yards to get those dimensions (30 x 72) since 72 inches are in 2 yards according to a calculator.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Wed, 09 May 2018 21:33:26 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405240 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405239
It's officially ordered. My trans-hijab is on it's way.
>>
Alice Snodfoot - Thu, 10 May 2018 02:30:31 EST ID:Jt2EK7wn No.405244 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405240
Post pics when you've finished it.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Thu, 10 May 2018 02:58:20 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405245 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405244
I plan to though I remain afraid of showing my face on the internet although I have shown my face here before a long time ago (like years ago). I suppose it's more than safe to post here.

I might need some clothing pins since it seems like most styles encourage their usage. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

>>405234
I sometimes question if this isn't a fantasy myself, but now I sometimes question if it's not both a fantasy and my spirituality rising.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Fri, 11 May 2018 03:54:31 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405247 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have re-discovered that I had purchased the digital copy of The Chronological Study Bible and honestly this particular bible, which utilizes the NKJV for the text, also provides insight into secular history of the time these verses were written. I still get the sense that God hates me for changing my gender yet at the same time I hold a contradictory belief that God is the author of all our lives so the reason why God would still love me is because He intended for me to be this way. He may not direct our lives directly but He directs us indirectly through small minor instances that have a large impact on the greater events to come in our lives.

> 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
> Nelson, Thomas. NKJV, The Chronological Study Bible, eBook (Kindle Locations 904-906). Thomas Nelson. Kindle Edition.

If God is omnipresent, including within the confines of time itself, and omniscient, thus knowing the future and all possible events, then couldn't this commandment that appears to be working against Him actually be an example of God utilizing reserve psychology to move how he feels the universe should proceed?

I still get the impression that He hates me and will cast me into the fiery Hell of Satan, but I suppose this was the promise for which I have made onto Him. If he could grant me bliss in this life and a successful transition into womanhood, or what we could only achieve so far, then I would accept my damnation without question. But I remain afraid of the flames. Yet I dread what I may become should I cease my transitioning as it feels as if my spiritual transitioning only began upon starting hormone therapy.

What is wrong with me?
>>
Albert Crommerwater - Sat, 12 May 2018 01:19:05 EST ID:yRqmGcxs No.405252 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If it's not coerced (which it often can be), I don't think there's anything wrong with modest dress. Maybe women don't feel flashing their private body parts to all and sundry.

And some traditionally female domains are actually just enjoyable. I mean, I'm FtM and I've been a homemaker for years now. I feel satisfied by it, and I like some of the nonessential but sometimes-correlated parts of homemaking as well such as being an emotional haven for my partner and being sexually submissive and available. To each their own, sis.

>>405124
>Minoan
yeahhhhh
>>
Caroline Nudgeshit - Sun, 13 May 2018 14:30:57 EST ID:mQziZgJw No.405257 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405252
>I mean, I'm FtM and I've been a homemaker for years now.
Wow tell us more.
>>
Lydia Goodworth - Mon, 14 May 2018 16:44:41 EST ID:7hJCOOod No.405259 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>405252
There's tons of boywives out there these days, it's not as uncommon as people might think.
>>
Catherine !ttGirlsPl2 - Tue, 15 May 2018 18:10:22 EST ID:YMUFI45V No.405260 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My transgender print fabric is now in the printing and processing phase of my order. Is it safe to post pictures of one's self here?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.