420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists


Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Captain's Log by Caroline Siffingfuck - Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:40:19 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144030 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1486870819445.jpg -(622370B / 607.78KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 622370
Well, after a week, and after getting some advice from here, I finally have some rooted clones of my bagseed mother - I call her Patty The Daytime Hooker.

Anywho, I transferred two clones to my DWC buckets filled with expanded clay pebbles. Under a 300W LED right now. My flowering tent has the 1000W HPS/MH system in it, and it won't be free for vegging for probably the next two to three weeks.

This is my first time using a DWC, so I want to see if these guys can make it.

Pic is Patty's First Kid.
Day 1 of grow
Day 1 of veg
Caroline Siffingfuck - Sat, 11 Feb 2017 22:42:49 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144031 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1486870969445.jpg -(718553B / 701.71KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This is Patty's Second Kid.
Day 1 of grow
Day 1 of veg

I have no nutes in either bucket. Those will come next week or so. After they settle in on the new media. I started them in riot plugs, so the expanded clay is new.
Barnaby Dozzlehene - Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:18:05 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144055 Ignore Report Quick Reply
General Hydroponics nutes ordered. Should be here by Saturday. Then the ladies will get their first meal.
Frederick Dartwell - Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:37:41 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144059 Ignore Report Quick Reply
UPDATE - Got my nutes in the mail today. Went with the "seedling - clone," dose which is about 1/4 of full strength. Mostly so I don't shock them since they have been just cruising on straight water for the last week.

Going to do some more clones this weekend just to cover my ass in case my hydro grow goes south. Never done it before.

Also, downloaded GrowBuddy. Nice software. Should help me keep track of shit.
William Mevingnut - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 19:54:11 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144060 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OK, going to ask a question in case anyone is actually following this...

I went with 1/4 strength nutes, which were listed for clones/seedlings. Technically, my plants are starting week 2 of their veg cycle. The recommendation for week 2 is actually 1/2 strength nutes.

Anyone think I should switch to 1/2 strength mid-week? Then, by the end of week 2, I will be "caught up." I just don't want to shock these guys. I may only veg one for 4 weeks and then flower it. But, only because I haven't seen what Patty The Daytiime Hooker can produce. She may be a gem. The two I am flowering now from the same jumble of bag seed seem to be worth hold on to. One is a frosty looking bitch, whom is really filling out in this last week or so of flowering. Gonna reveg her for the cuttings....
Lillian Bandlecocke - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:14:45 EST ID:QI1rXhZY No.144061 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Which line of GH nutes did you choose? I myself follow the school of underfeeding my plants. Advantages are that nutes last longer and it's harder to nute burn plants this way. If you suspect a deficiency, make sure you ph is correct and that the roots look good. If both check out then you can add a bit more ferts. You're wise to use caution, since hydro has no buffer between roots and the nutrient solution, less = more. If you don't already have it, I would recommend a Calcium/magnesium supplement, and something to prevent root rot, such as Hydroguard.
Lillian Bandlecocke - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:33:54 EST ID:QI1rXhZY No.144062 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487608434615.jpg -(115851B / 113.14KB, 925x475) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Example for me would be:
I'm growing Fem White Widow in 3 gal DWC (just a bucket filled with nutrient solution with an air line running into the water for dissolved oxygen. Vegged for 6 weeks, bloomed for 8/9 weeks.

GH reccoments 1/4 tsp per Gallon for seedlings/clones
I would use 1/8 tsp per gallon

GH reccomends 1 tsp Grow/ 2 tsp Micro/ 3 tsp Bloom per gallon
I use have.

I use full recommended strength for the Hydroguard. Then use double strength CaliMagic as cal-mag defs are common and plants can't really get too much cal-mag as long as they're given in the proper ratio.

I let my ph float in the 5.5-6.5 are and use the dropper kit to test my ph. I have no way of testing PPM/TDS and had no problems so far. Water stays around 65-75* F.

After a week I change the res with a fresh batch of nutes

I ended up getting about a qp off of a less than 2ft plant using a 300w led and two 26w cfl lamps
James Hockleway - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:24:04 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144069 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Using the Flora line. And yeah, I think I will order some cal/mag this week.
Oliver Bavingferk - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 17:59:25 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144232 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Kind of forgot about this in a big rush I had, so I am texting now, and will drop pics later.

Anywho, Patty's First Kid (PK1) bit the dust. I just bumped it and it fell out of the Riot Rooter plug. I thought it had rooted, but apparently hadn't. I checked the other plant (PK2) and it was also not rooted. Still green though. So, alive, but sort of just in a slow, slow, way...

Anyway, I finally got a semi-decent clone out of my cloning setup. Damn thing took 3 weeks to root! Anyway, it was a bit rough, but I replaced PK1 with it. Fresh start on the PK1 bucket. That was around the 25th of Feb. I replaced the 1/4 strengths nutes with more 1/4 strength nutes on the 27, since they seem to have been getting something, and I didn't want to risk anything. Around the first, I noticed that PK2 had actually rooted! Two small ones, but there. So, on the 6th, I went up to "general purpose - mild," on the nutes. I also added a 175w MH ballast-in-hood light that I just had sitting around. Placed this about 12" above the buckets, and they seemed to like the light. After a week on this, PK1 is actually sending out some vigorous new growth on top. It took some time. It was not a great clone, but now it seems to have dug in and be slurping up the nutes. PK2 seems to still be working on the roots. She has some slight new growth from two opposing nodes on her. She seems to be about a week behind PK1 in the "settling in process." Looks like she might just be coming out of the shock of a shitty cloning that shouldn't have worked.

I also moved everyone yesterday. I had a nice weed harvest from a sativa and a "mostly indica," plant, that gave me a chance to free up my big tent, since I don't have anyone flowering at the moment. The two plants I harvested stayed in so they could get revegged for clones. I swapped the bulb to a 1000w MH and pretty much threw everyone in the tent. Even my cloning dome. The tent stays in the mid-high 70s whenever it is on. And my grow area gets COLD in the winter. So, I am thinking temp was fucking up my clones. Even with one of those janky seed warming pads under it.

Anyway, after the first 24 hours of being in this new tent on a 16/8 cycle, everything is looking great on these plants. No burning or shock at all. I think that 175 MH helped reduce the shock. PK1 even has sent up noticeable growth in the last 24 hrs. She is really kicking it into high gear.

On Monday, I am adding the new nutes. I think I will bump PK1 up to full "vegetative growth," and take PK2, which is still on cuttings level, to general purpose. Then, next week they both get "vegetative," levels. Hopefully it won't be too much. Maybe I will just do 2-2-1 for PK1. Not sure if I should push my luck, or take it slow.

Oh, and as a side note, I measured my recent harvest, and between the two plants, I am just shy of getting 1/2lb of dry product if my estimation is correct. Now, that tent can easily take 4 DWC buckets. In fact, 6 would be easily doable. So, if on my next flowering run, I just run 4 plants, I will hit the 1lb per 1000w mark, which is supposed to be considered a normal return. Feels good to know I am getting there.
Matilda Cripperridge - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:25:24 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144239 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489371924914.jpg -(284273B / 277.61KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Here are the pics. This is PK1. The little scrubby thing next to him is just a cutting I crammed in the bucket to see if it would take. Seems to be loving the new conditions.
Matilda Cripperridge - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:26:20 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144240 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Fucked that one up. That pic is PK2. Been through a lot, but seems to be turning the corner.
Matilda Cripperridge - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:27:07 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144241 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489372027914.jpg -(461167B / 450.36KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Actual PK1
Alice Nambleshaw - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:40:13 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144249 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Quick update - After 30 hours of the new, "full veg," nutes from GH, both PK1 and PK2 are doing great. I worried that I might nute burn them, or shock them, but there appears to have been decent growth on PK1 and PK2 twitched up a bit on the nodes that are growing. I'm still new to DWC and hyrdo, but without a soil buffer, I assume burn would have been noticeable by now, as would shock.

I think the higher temps in the tent are helping too.
Ian Mummerdene - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 18:14:39 EST ID:QI1rXhZY No.144252 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've seen plants grown in coco respond pretty quickly after being supercropped. Others had wilting due to not getting watered on schedule, and the leaves perked up in a couple of hours or so. Going off of that, I think your right to assume that they are happy as clams. I believe the tips of the leaves turn brown first when overfeeding.

That's good to hear. Plants will differ in what they feel is a good climate, but generally temps in the mid to high 80's are the highest you want to go. Make sure your water stays under 75, the hotter it gets the less dissolved oxygen the water can hold so your plant ends up suffocating. It is also a recipe for root rot.
Augustus Crinningfetch - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:58:08 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144256 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489615088088.jpg -(329119B / 321.41KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Thanks. A bit worried about root rot, but only when the roots get into the water itself. They are still all up in the clay pellets.

This is PK1. You can see the growth on it. Getting bigger, and fast! Nice to have such a responsive plant as a guide.
Augustus Crinningfetch - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 18:02:16 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144257 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489615336088.jpg -(265485B / 259.26KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Here is PK2. Less impressive to look at, but she has growth on two nodes, and seems to be catching up with PK1. Since they are the same strain, I am hoping they will even out in the next month of vegging. Then, it is time for flowering! Hopefully. I have two harvested plants I am revegging for clones. So, I need them to be ready to clone before I can switch the tent to flower.
Fucking Clunningtuck - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:49:39 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144321 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490399379476.jpg -(56638B / 55.31KB, 540x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Update - Things seem to be OK. Worried about temp in the tent. It got cold here, and it seemed to slow down growth a lot. I decided to disconnect the outlet on the hood and just let it blow into the tent. Seems to have bumped the temps up by 10 degrees or so. So, it feels fairly warm in there. Need to get a thermometer.

This is PK1. Still doing well. Although seems to have slowed a bit in growth since the cold.
Fucking Clunningtuck - Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:50:34 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144322 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490399434476.jpg -(62228B / 60.77KB, 540x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This PK2. Still behind PK1, but striving.
Fuck Bardstock - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 00:56:22 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144349 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, things are still looking good, but got leggy fast when I upped the temp in the tent. I got a cheap hi/lo thermometer with humidity sensor. My humidity is fucking ridiculously low. 20%! The temp was 90F. I need to get that down by at least 10 degrees.

So, I hooked the fan up to vent outside the tent, and put out some open containers of water amidst the plants. See if that doesn't up the humidity and drop the temp. Need to find that sweet spot.
Eugene Fivingstock - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 05:29:35 EST ID:xthRZCcw No.144350 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The meter is probably wrong
20% is desert tier
Fuck Bardstock - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:02:01 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144351 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm not so sure. The meter on the dehumdifier for the basement (set to 50%) says it is 35% and that is when the washer next to it is going and things are noticeably humid. Winter can be really dry in New England. Anywho, whatever happpened...it is up to 50% this morning. Temps got as low as 64F overnight. Not too much of a problem, but I hope it gets into the mid 70s at least with the lights on.
Fuck Bardstock - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:34:10 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144353 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, it has been a bumpy ride today.
I got humidity up to around 40% by basically flooding the floor pan with a quarter inch of water. Meh, it works and does no harm. Just have to make sure the plants stay up on bricks now. Anyway, with the tent buttoned up, I was getting 99F in there! Now, this is the hottest spot. On the highest part of a 5 gallon DWC bucket under a 1000W light. But, still...anywho fiddled with shit a bit, opened up some vents, etc and if I keep a steady fan blowing over the area I get into the 83F-84F range. Not ideal, but close enough.
Hedda Claywell - Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:13:58 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144362 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490811238402.jpg -(354162B / 345.86KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
UPDATE - Temp seems more stable. 83F as a high...65F as a low. Which is not bad. Humidity is still low, but manageable. And should go up naturally in the next month. The area I grow in can have massive swings in humidity over the year.

Anyway, growth is going great.

PK1 is looking good and starting to really take off. Things seems to be going well with the DWC. This is all new to me, so I'm still amazed that I am growing plants with nothing but water and nutrients. Growth seems to be hitting that "exponential," stage. Lots of noticeable growth every day. And slowly speeding up as more leaves start to produce energy.

This is PK1. Now at over 4" in height. Give her to 12" before I flip into flower I think.
Hedda Claywell - Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:16:49 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144363 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490811409402.jpg -(404582B / 395.10KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Here is PK2. She has REALLY started to shine. For a plant that most people would have given up on...and arguably I should have... she has really come back strong. Good growth on both major nodes. Strong plant.
Graham Cozzlekock - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 13:31:25 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144409 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491240685018.jpg -(450285B / 439.73KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
UPDATE - Things have taken off like crazy now. My growth rate is nice. No stretching issues, and the DWC system is now noticeably consuming water. This makes things easier for me, since I can just replace what has been consumed. Since I am a noob to hydro, I was doing full water swaps every week to simply "reset" my nutes. Now that I have a better feel for it, I am going to just start doing top offs, and only do a full nute switch when I need to (like going to flowering, etc.

This is PK1. Doing fantastic. She now spreads pretty much over the top of the 5 gallon DWC bucket. Not only adding height, but also adding bulk. Took a bunch of old leaves and shit off her last night. Get some more air flowing through her and to let me see where to pinch off growth to get good bushiness.
Graham Cozzlekock - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 13:36:23 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144410 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491240983018.jpg -(555737B / 542.71KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Here is PK2. I thought this one was a lost cause, but she has managed to stay in the game like a champ. Now she is catching up on growth and enjoying it. I think she may end up the same size or very close to it as PK1.

Both of these plants are now in week 7 of veg. And had they been big and strong clones, would probably be twice the size and ready to start flowering. Instead, I think I will give them another 3-4 weeks. Still not sure what this plant will produce. It may be middies, it may be the dankest shit ever. Oh, well. This is how you learn.
Ian Worthingman - Thu, 06 Apr 2017 11:13:00 EST ID:QI1rXhZY No.144454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's awesome that you've stuck with it. With deep water culture once the roots hit that water growth just explodes and you're patience is rewarded.
Thomas Peffinghutch - Thu, 06 Apr 2017 13:49:48 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144459 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It really is. I am amazed at how fast these plants are growing. I may be forced to put them in flower in the next two weeks. Which I am NOT complaining about, btw!

The amount of nutes the suck up is impressive too. DWC really lets you get an idea of what is going on inside the plant. Pretty fucking cool.
Jarvis Songerfire - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 16:30:25 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144475 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I just checked my records and the plants are now at 8 weeks veg. I easily could be where I am now after 6 weeks, had I started with better clones.
I am now getting a real sense of what the more seasoned growers are talking about in terms of where a plant should be by a certain time. Before...I always took it with a grain of salt. But, yeah, some of these fast grow times I hear about now seem very possible. Not sure I will get there, but who knows.

Plants are really big. I may be forced to flower them sooner than I thought. Which might be a bit of a hassle. Just getting some old plants re-vegged for cloning. Need clones off them before I can do any switch. I also have two GSCs growing...SLOWLY for some fucking reason. I have the feeling that my Michigan Mix is a fucking dud. Going to slowly add nutes and see how they react. These are mothers...I just need clones...but I need faster growth. And they are in soil so...yeah. Fuck.

BTW, me...having too much weed....is kinda a funny problem to have.
John Blatherwater - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 17:24:52 EST ID:JdMjclHL No.144476 Ignore Report Quick Reply
If the clone is really small it takes forever
So you want a decent size cut with a bunch of nodes
Doris Bivingsore - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 20:02:49 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
These weren't physically small. They just took forever to root as clones, and as a result were kinda weak when I put them in DWC. All that time had taken a toll on the cuttings' energy reserves. A lot of the leaves were pretty yellow, etc.

Honestly, whatever is going on with my cuttings is driving me nuts. Take forever...if I get them to root at all.
Ernest Sivingforth - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 00:26:30 EST ID:JdMjclHL No.144481 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491711990710.jpg -(75752B / 73.98KB, 768x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
You posted a photo of a toothpick with a single leaf on it
it didnt grow fast because it didn't had the means to
Doris Bivingsore - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 14:12:14 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144485 Ignore Report Quick Reply
That is what I meant.
The reason it had so few leaves was that it pretty much cannibalized them. I started with more leaves on the cutting, but it took a long time to root, and the leaves paid the price. The pic I posted was after some trimming.

Regardless...you should see them now. And you will. Because I am posting new pics like, now...
Doris Bivingsore - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 14:18:56 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144486 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491761936324.jpg -(510403B / 498.44KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
UPDATE - Here are some pics of how they stand now.

This is PK1 with PK2 behind it. The growth is phenomenal now. I just had to feed both 1/2 gallon of fresh nutes each. When my soil grows were going full bore, each plant took about that in water per day. Really amazing how much they can process in 24 hours.

A big thing I have noticed is that my DWC fan leaves are looking much better than soil. Soil was fine, but the DWC leaves are bigger by far and have a deeper green to them. I am finding that what I thought was shit-hot looking good, may have been just meh.

Anyway - PK1 with PK2 behind it in the other black bucket.
Doris Bivingsore - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 14:22:49 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144487 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491762169324.jpg -(468056B / 457.09KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Well, I am yet again an idiot. That pic is PK2. As you can see she has just caught up nicely and is really filling the space.

HERE is PK1...
She is getting so big. I may have to slow her down a bit. I have other plants that could use more time in the tent under the big light. Then again, I am loathe to have this growth rate slow down....
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Mon, 10 Apr 2017 23:45:12 EST ID:Z5JAvHDD No.144507 Report Quick Reply

The way this one looks, it would make a good mother plant for future clones just by the way it's growing. Or throw it into bloom and when you go to trim and top it, use the cuttings you take off of it to get clones faster once you're into week 1-2 of bloom. You'll have to trim it anyhow to get it to yield decently, make what you cut off of it work for you, killing 2 birds, one stone, etc.
Wesley Brezzlehere - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:23:20 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144560 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Yeah, I already have a mother, and I keep my moms in soil for ease of maintenance.

UPDATE - So, we had to get a new gas meter installed. When the guy installed it, he unplugged the extension that powers my tent.

And I didn't discover it for about 12 hours....

I was worried that the lack of a working air pump would have quickly killed my DWC grow. Nope. They seem fine. Maybe some reduced growth for the last two days...but far from a disaster. Which is good.

I've noticed a lot of changes in the tent. The temp is stabilizing to around 83F. The humidity, which was in the 30s, has now shot up to the low 90s! I couldn't quite figure out why, until I realized that I was also going through more that 1/2 gallon of nutes a day.

Plants dump water out of their leaves. The humidity has risen as the plants have grown. My plants are literally fogging the tent up with their breath! Kind of amazing to see what they can do.
Fucking Pugglestone - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:40:19 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144600 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492638019143.jpg -(301387B / 294.32KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
UPDATE - My damn plants are exploding faster than a freshman grabbing boob for the first time.

Both plants are huge now. I need to raise my light for sure when I flower. Can't flower them for another 5 days...but they look good. Even after I accidentally tore a big lower branch off PK1 by being a clumsy oaf.

Hard to not get both plants in the frame now. They are massive. Hard to believe they were so scrawny.
Charlotte Ginnerfoot - Sun, 30 Apr 2017 22:30:53 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144664 Ignore Report Quick Reply
UPDATE - A lot has happened.

The plants were getting big and I needed to keep them in veg a bit longer. So, two weeks ago, I gave them the chop. PK1 was hit hard. I really fucked with it. I wanted to see what would happen in regard to nute use and recovery time. I also wanted to see how it would respond to certain nodes being cut certain ways, etc. Just kind of played with her.

Anyway, she came back OK, although not as nice as before. I feel I may get a much smaller harvest compared to PK2.

PK2 got some thoughtful and light trimming. She has really bushed out and is now bigger than PK1. Twice as big. I actually under-trimmed her, the center has a lot of small leaves that can go.

In the last week, I have started to alternate plain water with nute feedings on PK2. This was to make her a bit hungry and keep from getting too high. I still need to see how high the colas get on these. I don't want to run out of headroom.

As of now, my big question is what to do with my nutes in the bucket. I am set for "heavy vegging." Now, I have to switch to flower nutes. Should I just top off with the new mix and eventually end up with all flower nutes, or should I dump and refill?
James Brookshaw - Sat, 13 May 2017 15:11:54 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144704 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1494702714932.jpg -(103966B / 101.53KB, 540x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Put the plants into flower two weeks ago.
They are massive.

I am actually getting very worried about running out of room. They seem "sativa heavy," in their phenotype, and have just be going nuts these two weeks. I think I will be able to get away with it though. Assuming they decide to stop soon. Technically pre-flower is 4 weeks and I just finished 2.

Pic inside the tent. Harder to get decent pics in flower since I have to turn off the bulb...then back on after 15 minutes...blah.
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Sun, 14 May 2017 21:30:25 EST ID:uUnVQb2w No.144709 Report Quick Reply

If they get too crazy tall, take them and tie them down and they'll begin to face towards the light again in a few days.
Molly Clemmlebury - Mon, 15 May 2017 00:12:35 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144710 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've been twisting them down and bending them over. Getting some bonsai wire soon that will help.

As of today, I have a fairly even field of young colas. A few divots in the field where I need to get more light, but otherwise nice coverage.

I mean, this is literally my first DWC hydro grow, and the first time I've really taken to serious pruning and manipulating.

The nice thing is, I can see where the buds are going to start growing. So, I went down and lolipopped both a bit. Just got rid of anything in the shadows. Having little whispy nugs down there won;t help me any. I want that dense cola growth.

But worried about pests. Looks like I may have fucking thrips. I got something. This was my second big neem oil spray down. I can't do another one in the flowering tent, because the buds are starting to grow.

Hopefully this will kill them, if not...I dunno....
James Suvingpudge - Wed, 17 May 2017 17:51:08 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144714 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Managed to reclaim about 4-5 inches using bonsai wire to bend the branches flat. Try to get a picture soon. Hopefully as I finish out this, the fourth week, my upward growth will slow and I will simply get more bud growth and some filling in.

I usually feel good about my harvests, as I have always come away with what would equal the infamous "1lb per 1,000W," but this one feels like it could be a whopper. The DWC seems to be making a big difference. Now to see if all that big veg growth equals a payoff in bud growth.

The thrips seem to be dead.
Jarvis Ponderwell - Thu, 18 May 2017 18:37:16 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144715 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495147036196.jpg -(318299B / 310.84KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
UPDATE - Here is a shitty pic of my bonsai wire setup. Sorry for the quality, but I couldn't be fussed to shut down for 15 minutes just to get one shot and then start it up again after the bulb cooled.

I had a few fuck ups with this...mainly being too rough with the wire and having the stalk bend too much. It won't kill the flowers, but I am not sure if it helps any. Turns out you have to be careful to twist the wire the right way, so it doesn't put pressure on the stalk and crunch it.
Hugh Briblinglick - Fri, 19 May 2017 00:18:27 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144716 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495167507541.jpg -(534513B / 521.99KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Fucked up and unplugged the lights. So while I waited for it to cool down, I took some pics.

Here are PK1 and PK2 on day 6 of week 3 of 12/12. Thinned out the understory in the last two days. Slowly getting rid of the whispy buds. You can see how high they are getting. Hopefully not too much more in height. I have also used bonsai wire to lay down a good number of tall colas. Not perfect by any means, but for a first time, I feel like I am at least learning for next time. I already have a vegging clone in DWC who may need to be kept down a bit before it starts getting too big for veg. No way I could cram a third bucket in there. Not with that canopy.
Hugh Briblinglick - Fri, 19 May 2017 00:22:15 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144717 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495167735541.jpg -(373108B / 364.36KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Picture inside the tent. This is mostly PK1, who got the Murder Chop when I was like, "Let's see what extreme pruning does." Anyway, it actually recovered pretty well.
Hugh Briblinglick - Fri, 19 May 2017 00:32:37 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144718 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495168357541.jpg -(754180B / 736.50KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Not exactly a sea of green, but I'm getting the tent mostly filled. Noticed today that I am starting to get hairs on my leaves. Not sure if that signals an end to early-flowering or if there is an overlap between that and trichome production in main flowering. Since this is an unknown strain, I have no idea what to expect here. It could be a fast flowerer that just happens to look like a sativa. It did come from bag seed from what was supposed to be a dispensary divert. Just a couple of seeds and all went female. So, maybe a hermie that got off at least one shot? Anyway, hoping it could turn out to be a fast finisher. Always appreciated. Especially with some other plants up on deck.
Hugh Briblinglick - Fri, 19 May 2017 00:33:54 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144719 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495168434541.jpg -(256860B / 250.84KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Better pic of bonsai wire.
Edward Bardridge - Sat, 20 May 2017 05:59:14 EST ID:OfeKnUf9 No.144721 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Things are looking nice - Keep up the good work!

That bonzai wire looks really useful.
I'm a LST man and I've been looking to replace the hooks and strings.

Gonna grab me some of that for the next run.
Thanks for sharing!
Cedric Cinnerhall - Sun, 21 May 2017 00:28:03 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Amazon, and I assume others, sell these packs with like 5 different wire sizes. Good for figuring out which wire works best with various thicknesses of stem.
Shit Hoddleway - Sun, 21 May 2017 10:31:40 EST ID:tRQ6mWAV No.144724 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495377100128.jpg -(67325B / 65.75KB, 1000x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Cedric Huffingville - Tue, 23 May 2017 21:57:39 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144741 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1495591059333.gif -(1978654B / 1.89MB, 388x282) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

Mother fucker! Last few days, the edges of the leaves have been getting brown spots. Looks like nute lock out is starting on both plants. PK2 started, then soon after PK1. Fucking right as I start week 4 of flower. BUT.....
These are sativas. They take their time to flower. This might be salvageable.

Anyway, I dumped the old nutes on PK2 and let PK1 alone. This is a bit of an experiment. Want to see what happens here. Probably not the best time to do this...but, fuck it. Anyway, PK2 has nothing but clean water at 6.5 in her. Was going to lower to 5.8, but the fucking Ph meter is giving me fits. Tomorrow I have some old school Ph strips coming in. Not exactly high tech, but reliable and a good back up at $6 for 200.

Anyway, PK1 has been getting only clean water. Which is a gallon a day so far. Going to flush until Sunday. Then, if things are better, I will restart nutes.

Soon as the strips come I am getting that Ph down to 5.8

Meanwhile, around the corner in Vegtopia, some fucking thrips showed up again. Nailed them with more Neem oil. No sign of them in the flower tent so far. Thankfully. I also removed any thrip infected leaves, etc.

I MAY be getting nute lock out on two mothers in soil....not sure. I need to Ph test my soil and make sure it is draining at 6.5. Otherwise, another flush.

So far the damage has been mostly minimal. I can see PK2 starting to lag behind PK1. Both are just finishing their early flowering stage. No really terpy smells. Just slowly growing flowers. So, I hope I can get up an running at full growth with a minimal loss in output.
Martin Hammlestock - Thu, 25 May 2017 01:05:36 EST ID:QI1rXhZY No.144746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I would say that in hydro you would actually be better off dumping the water and using 1/4 strength nute solution. Brown spots can indicate a lot. Guessing by stage you might look into Phosphorus def. or maybe a Cal mag.
Graham Greenlock - Thu, 25 May 2017 20:55:00 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144750 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Sent some pics around to some OG growers out there. Looks like Cal mag isn't getting to the plant.

Tonight, after the flush, I restarted with pretty much a "seedling" mix of 1:1:1:1. The only thing at full strength was the Cal-Magic. I tsp per gallon of everything in a gallon and topped off on PK2. PK2 has had nothing but plain water for 4 days.

I haven't dumped PK1, because she seems to be doing better. I am not dumping the water, but she was flushed as well, and the nutes are probably fairly weak by now. Again, she will start at 1:1:1:1. With the Cal-Magic as the only thing going "full strength."
Esther Dartdock - Sat, 27 May 2017 23:33:15 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
UPDATE - Crisis averted? Not 100% sure, but it looks like the nute issue has passed. Today I did 1/4 recommended bloom nutes in both plants.

Buds are starting to swell on both PK1 and PK2. Starting to get the first bit of resin production. For some reason they don't seem to be smelling much right now. A light citrus smell is what I am getting. Hopefully it will pick up.

I have a nice clone on deck all ready to go into flower. I may take a chance and see if I can squeeze another bucket in. If my estimates are correct, they might actually end up being ready to harvest fairly close to each other.
Clara Smallbury - Sun, 28 May 2017 02:19:28 EST ID:QI1rXhZY No.144757 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Good to hear! Hopefully they come back and do much better. I believe that with hydro your solution doesn't have to be too high ppm. Cal-Mag at bottle dosage should never really be an issue. Silica may also be beneficial, I've heard.

Regarding smell, it is said that hydro can produce more thc potent weed, but suffers in the aroma/terps/etc. It can make a comeback after curing, but I don't think you can ever truly recreate soil products in hydro. Growing in coco coir/perlite is a good start if you're looking into growing in pots.
Esther Dartdock - Sun, 28 May 2017 14:35:39 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144765 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've been playing with the idea of a coco grow soon. Also, interested in maybe an outdoor hydro grow, although weather proofing shit will be hard and the pot will have to be buried a bit.

This has made me careful though. I have a nice hashy sativa strain I get nice results from, and is just finishing veg stage. So, since I have some time between veg and flower (hopefully only about 5 weeks left....) I am looking at doing a flush...then slowly building up to full flower nutes. After all, I have the time. But, that flush and the cal-mag and some of that extra care will get me where I need to be.
Fanny Nabbermere - Tue, 30 May 2017 01:19:18 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144769 Ignore Report Quick Reply
UPDATE - Fucking THRIPS! The neem oil only seemed to slow them down a bit. I thought I was seeing more thrip damage on both plants, but it was hard to tell from the old thrip damage. And I would look and no thrips! Finally saw one down by where the riot rooter remains were.

I also found a dead mother and another one near death in my vegging area. I hadn't checked on them for a couple of days, and BAM! Fortunately I only lost some shit genetics that I was thinking of chopping. If the other mother dies, I have like 2 I can replace it with, and a clone that is still in veg. Shit, have 5 clones of it running in my cloner right now. Covering my ass. Everyone else seems OK.

Anyway, decided to go nuclear.

I got a No Pest Strip recommended by a lot of growers in my very small veg area (an adult human can scrunch in it, but not by much,) and three in the flower tent because FUCK YOU THRIPS! DIE IN A STORM OF HELLFIRE! ROT IN HELL MOTHERFUCKERS!

If that doesn't work I have a recommended and allegedly food safe pesticide to go to, and an even stronger formulation if that fails.

Honestly, if the bud is toxic, I don't care...I will get these plants harvested!

I did take a peek with the microscope, and I can see the very early trichs coming in. Mostly just "hairs," with tiny blobs on the end of them. But, I can see them and it gives me an idea of where I am at. Now I just gotta get where I need to be.
Fanny Nabbermere - Tue, 30 May 2017 14:06:05 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144774 Ignore Report Quick Reply
FOLLOW UP - The nute issues seem to be gone now. Thankfully. Not sure if it was the flush, or the Cal-Magic. Either way, I got back to full nutes yesterday, and even the 24hour difference is noticeable. Heavier buds and much stickier. Genociding the thrips probably helped too.

Hopefully this is a good sign of comeback. Need to make up some weight here.
Martha Pockson - Mon, 05 Jun 2017 20:21:33 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144817 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well, shit...
As soon as I started getting back to old nute levels, the damn thing flared up again. I did another flush...two days...and am dropping back down to 1/4 the "label strength," nutes. Thrips seem to have been dealt with. The no pest strips did the trick.

The twins did get a new roomie though. I was utterly out of room with my indica I had going in my DWC. Facing another 5 or more weeks until harvest, I was out of real options. The indica was really taking up space and shadowing out my veg area. I did a week-long flush and threw her in with the girls today.

I did have to tie back some colas, and they are certainly closer together now, but I don't think it will cause any problems. I have two fans going, and there doesn't appear to be any really dank spots mold can get into. Have to watch it though.... Even then, my sativa needs more lateral space, so hopefully, as I enter into week 6 here, I the natural death of the fan leaves will help free up some light down below.

My big lesson from this is that the nute needs can change FAST when the plant goes from one phase to another. All my nute problems happened in flower. And continued to happen, because I kept feeding it nutes when it was winding down leaf production. Lesson learned. 1/4 should keep me out of trouble. And the indica will benefit from this. Already, I started out with a flushed plant, and low nutes, which I will work up to "full strength," over a week. Then, I will back off after the transition period to 1/4 "flower nutes." Bring that up to 1/2 strength and stay there if the plant can take it. If not, back down. I don't see the full strength being the way to go.
Martha Sopperstone - Fri, 09 Jun 2017 21:19:46 EST ID:5Oi/BJlT No.144833 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Things seem to have leveled off. I am still flushing and might add more nutes on Monday. Slowly at first.

The buds are plumping up nicely. PK1, which was hit the worst by the nute issues , is even catching up to PK2. This won't be a record winner by any means, but at least I get the basics out of the grow.

Starting Week 7 on Sunday. Been watching the trichs. They seem to be rapidly developing. Even if they are pretty shit-tier compared to my other, frostier, grows. This strain could be a 9 weeker. Definitely not the 12 I thought. It was really acting like a sativa though. Even now, the buds are much more airy and spread apart...like I would expect from a sativa. The trichs seem to be going fast though. Getting some amber already.

I do need these to finish fast. The plant I have in between them is still in the transition to bloom stage and is shooting up fast. I want to give her as much room as possible to develop.
David Sinkinbine - Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:05:36 EST ID:5Oi/BJlT No.144859 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1497553536989.jpg -(498107B / 486.43KB, 1920x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Decided to drop a recent pic.

I am in day 5 of week 7. for the two plants on either side. The middle plant is the Witch's Tit which is in transition to bloom and already doubled in a week and a half. Had to pull back on the nutes for that one so I didn't get too big for the tent!
Already have a Girl Scout Cookies on deck to be flowered too.

Anyways, PK2 seems to be the farthest along. More and more amber every day. Have both plants of a full flush now. I may end up doing a "slow harvest," and pick a cola or two a day as they become ready. That way the WT in the middle can spread her wings a bit.

As you can see, space is the biggest issue I am facing right now.
Isabella Criblingfatch - Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:38:45 EST ID:5Oi/BJlT No.144885 Ignore Report Quick Reply
UPDATE - So, the Witch's Tit in the middle is taking over the tent. I decided to go hit some forums for what to do. Since this whole PK1 and PK2 grow has been beset by problems, I decided to go and do an early harvest of some of the most developed colas. This tends to be the stuff at the edges of both plants directly under the light. Poking around, I found some smaller nugs that looked like they were mold susceptible and were starting to get dead leaves in the bud. Threw that stuff away (a gram dried at best...no big loss,) and used the space I got back to spread out the remaining colas a bit.

What I need is a taller flower tent. Which is now on the list of things to buy. I can move my veg area into this tent, but that means moving the flower gear and that means waiting until every plant is done in that tent. So, like 8 more weeks.

Sadly, it meant I had to take the clippers to a very nice, and very bushy, GSC Extreme I have growing right now. Which is fine, I could use the practice pruning. Did a clean prune of about 50% of the GSC so she should be coming around just in time for me to switch over to a bigger tent.

Output wise, this is gonna be a bulky harvest compared to my usual soil grows.
Caroline Fuckinggold - Wed, 28 Jun 2017 00:23:40 EST ID:5Oi/BJlT No.144953 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1498623820569.jpg -(76371B / 74.58KB, 720x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This is the end.
Started harvesting both plants in week 8. Did it bit by bit to eek out as much "amber" as I could. Not the greatest yield, but actually higher than my last soil grow. So, yeah, hydro has some serious shit going for it.

Anyway, I decided that the smoke would probably suck, and some of the buds looked ratchet as fuck, so I took a bunch and made bubble hash! First time doing it. Kind of a pain in the ass, but worth it, and not that bad. I fucked up a bit and contaminated the first 3 bags, but got some decent amounts out of each bag. Never made or even really smoked hash, so this should be interesting.
Polly Wanderlare - Fri, 08 Sep 2017 00:07:42 EST ID:k0f5YupH No.145312 Ignore Report Quick Reply
What's your cloning process like?
William Fockleshaw - Sat, 09 Sep 2017 11:02:46 EST ID:5Oi/BJlT No.145318 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Simple two gallon bucket cloner from Amazon. Getting good results. Especially if I keep the scissors sterile and clean the bucket between batches.

Report Post
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.