|>> || |
Kind of forgot about this in a big rush I had, so I am texting now, and will drop pics later.
Anywho, Patty's First Kid (PK1) bit the dust. I just bumped it and it fell out of the Riot Rooter plug. I thought it had rooted, but apparently hadn't. I checked the other plant (PK2) and it was also not rooted. Still green though. So, alive, but sort of just in a slow, slow, way...
Anyway, I finally got a semi-decent clone out of my cloning setup. Damn thing took 3 weeks to root! Anyway, it was a bit rough, but I replaced PK1 with it. Fresh start on the PK1 bucket. That was around the 25th of Feb. I replaced the 1/4 strengths nutes with more 1/4 strength nutes on the 27, since they seem to have been getting something, and I didn't want to risk anything. Around the first, I noticed that PK2 had actually rooted! Two small ones, but there. So, on the 6th, I went up to "general purpose - mild," on the nutes. I also added a 175w MH ballast-in-hood light that I just had sitting around. Placed this about 12" above the buckets, and they seemed to like the light. After a week on this, PK1 is actually sending out some vigorous new growth on top. It took some time. It was not a great clone, but now it seems to have dug in and be slurping up the nutes. PK2 seems to still be working on the roots. She has some slight new growth from two opposing nodes on her. She seems to be about a week behind PK1 in the "settling in process." Looks like she might just be coming out of the shock of a shitty cloning that shouldn't have worked.
I also moved everyone yesterday. I had a nice weed harvest from a sativa and a "mostly indica," plant, that gave me a chance to free up my big tent, since I don't have anyone flowering at the moment. The two plants I harvested stayed in so they could get revegged for clones. I swapped the bulb to a 1000w MH and pretty much threw everyone in the tent. Even my cloning dome. The tent stays in the mid-high 70s whenever it is on. And my grow area gets COLD in the winter. So, I am thinking temp was fucking up my clones. Even with one of those janky seed warming pads under it.
Anyway, after the first 24 hours of being in this new tent on a 16/8 cycle, everything is looking great on these plants. No burning or shock at all. I think that 175 MH helped reduce the shock. PK1 even has sent up noticeable growth in the last 24 hrs. She is really kicking it into high gear.
On Monday, I am adding the new nutes. I think I will bump PK1 up to full "vegetative growth," and take PK2, which is still on cuttings level, to general purpose. Then, next week they both get "vegetative," levels. Hopefully it won't be too much. Maybe I will just do 2-2-1 for PK1. Not sure if I should push my luck, or take it slow.
Oh, and as a side note, I measured my recent harvest, and between the two plants, I am just shy of getting 1/2lb of dry product if my estimation is correct. Now, that tent can easily take 4 DWC buckets. In fact, 6 would be easily doable. So, if on my next flowering run, I just run 4 plants, I will hit the 1lb per 1000w mark, which is supposed to be considered a normal return. Feels good to know I am getting there.