420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
I'm pissed as fuck by Hamilton Blemmerwill - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:08:18 EST ID:nHSIskyy No.144517 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1491944898579.jpg -(148032B / 144.56KB, 500x712) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 148032
All my shit ass worthless seeds couldn't even function on the most basic level and sprout. Pieces of fucking shit. I even let their whore bitch mother get knocked up so I'd have a fuck ton, and none of the worthless little pieces of shit will sprout. I have NEVER had this problem before. 50+ seeds I've gone through now, NONE will FUCKING sprout. Pieces of shit...I'm losing my fucking shit because plants need to be in the ground THIS MONTH and I have NONE. FUCKING bullshit. I need to get seeds, but I don't want to order from some shithead shell company that is just going to cooperate with law enforcement whenever they ask. I'm going to try and get clones from very unreliable people, so I doubt I'll be able to get them.
>>
Charles Serringwud - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 17:18:36 EST ID:aWb7Y/oB No.144518 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144517

Dude just order some fucking seeds online what are you even talking about, there are tons of reputable, discreet sellers online, fuck, you can even buy seeds on the deepweb if you're that paranoid.

Where did you get all these seeds, an ounce of reggie or something?
>>
Archie Buzzbanks - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 20:37:10 EST ID:lE51QiPd No.144519 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144517
How are you germinating them?
>>
William Nicklewell - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 21:42:45 EST ID:nHSIskyy No.144520 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144519
Same method I always use. Wet paper towel in a tupperware container with the lid on. Checking every other day. Normally they sprout within a day or 5 MAX for the slow/retarded ones. This time though, nothing is sprouting. The seeds from the plant, may have been premature...but they LOOKED fully developed, dark, same size as my other, older seeds...so I shouldn't have judged them by looks I guess. My OLD seeds are what have been keeping me going for the last 5 years...and I guess they finally expired...too old to carry on. FUCK my ASS this is bullshit. I'll just have to buy clones.
>>
George Dingerfere - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:53:46 EST ID:pLcOYdN1 No.144522 Ignore Report Quick Reply
That's a shit method that never works for me. Put them in a cup of warm water for 24 hours. Push them down after 24 hours, any seeds that sink to the bottom are good to go. Works with seeds that are old as fuck too
>>
Barnaby Dummletidge - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:54:54 EST ID:tRQ6mWAV No.144523 Ignore Report Quick Reply
This sounds a bit wonky but works well
If you got a stationary tower you can put them on top of a HDD drive to act as a small germination heat pad
>>
Phineas Mimblehack - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:58:42 EST ID:l56Iztg3 No.144524 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144520
You goofed up. Seeds can last way longer than 5 years.

Did you even store them in a cold place, sealed in a jar, with a dessicate?
>>
William Nicklewell - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:31:44 EST ID:nHSIskyy No.144525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144524
I did goof up. I did not refigerate them, they did stay dry though, but they also were exposed to temps of 90+ degrees during the summer months...so I goofed...bad. From now on I intend to store all seeds in the freezer, with a desiccant pack.

I'll try the water soak method, i've known about it for as long as I've known the paper towel method but never tried it, because paper towel gave me fine results in the past.
>>
Hamilton Cruffingspear - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 05:33:21 EST ID:aWb7Y/oB No.144526 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144525

I store my seeds in baggies in the fridge, and germ by just putting them in the soil and waiting.

I never understood germinating any other way when growing soil, it's un needed hassle. Just plant the things.
>>
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 23:00:50 EST ID:Z5JAvHDD No.144546 Report Quick Reply
>>144526

It helps to sprout them first in a wet paper towel folded up on a plate. Keep the towel saturated entirely, don't let it dry out at all. Keep it at room temperature but no hotter than 80F. Wait for several days and when the seeds pop and shoot out the white taproot, pull them out when the taproot is about half an inch long, or at least 3mm long and put it facing down in saturated soil.

I know it seems like a lot of work to sprout something that's supposed to sprout itself, but a few extra steps and careful attention can mean the difference between a sack of duds and germinating 90%+ of them.
>>
Martin Bisslebot - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:30:46 EST ID:l56Iztg3 No.144547 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144546
That's the problem with the paper towel method. You have to keep the towel soaking wet at all times. It's not a problem with a cup of water, because it's a cup of water.
>>
Ebenezer Nennerson - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 04:36:43 EST ID:6vW5dDN5 No.144548 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Have you tried rubbing the seam of the seed with some sandpaper before soaking it? One of the not-often discussed realities of modern cannabis breeding & growng practices is that it is developing seeds with thicker & thicker hulls.
Those shitty seeds that don't look quite perfect don't make it into a $100 10-pack, only real beauties with well formed shells do. So only those heavily armored seeds breed and it makes the next generation a little bit harder to sprout. Weakening the seem is one way to correct that a bit.
>>
Charlotte Faddleladge - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 05:09:48 EST ID:nHSIskyy No.144552 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144548
Interesting info, I was wondering if "helping" them break their shell would be a good idea. Ebrasions are a good idea, I'll try it. All my seeds are soaking in water right now, I'll pull the ones that sank tomorrow, and I'll scrape their seems gently before planting.
>>
Frederick Budgelock - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 05:25:00 EST ID:aWb7Y/oB No.144553 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144552

The last seed I sprouted had issues shedding the husk, I had to carefully remove it myself.
>>
Henry Gorringville - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 16:00:35 EST ID:nHSIskyy No.144580 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Ok so i've had them submerged for days now...still no sprouting...like i"ve said I've sprouted dozens of times before and have never in my life encountered this. I cracked one of the pieces of shit open, and it didn't look rotten or anything on the inside. I've been changing the water out every day to keep oxygen content high, and to keep them from getting infections. I may have to meticulously split these little cunts open myself, I don't think scoring the edge is even going to do much.
>>
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 16:08:55 EST ID:uUnVQb2w No.144581 Report Quick Reply
>>144553

That's good that you knew when to do that, some people try to remove it before the initial lift-off and it can kill the plant if you're not gentle with it.
>>
Jack Fusslechedge - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 04:11:14 EST ID:UpIT+Lm/ No.144584 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Fresh seeds won't germinate, they need a a few weeks in the fridge first. Also if they got hot at any point they probably won't work.
>>
Eliza Biggletot - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 20:40:02 EST ID:pLcOYdN1 No.144591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144580

Nah man. Only for 24-36 hours. Just until they sink to the bottom (poke them after 24 hours to see if they sink) After they sink, you plant them. Most of the time they wont even sprout until you plant them. Might be ruined now though.
>>
Charlotte Bardgold - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 02:15:07 EST ID:nHSIskyy No.144592 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144591
FUCK, well other nibbas said leave them in until they shoot out taproots...they never did...I planted them now. Fuck, even if they don't grow, at least I'm starting tomatoes and they're doing fine. Gonna have a big garden this year. Potatoes and melons and such. No more of my money for big produce. They can suck my self sufficient ass.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.