420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Smart Meter by Shitting Bunningture - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:19:47 EST ID:7hLIqizU No.144601 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1492640387583.jpg -(243565B / 237.86KB, 591x863) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 243565
Do you know Smart Meters?
What can you do against them?
>>
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 18:46:42 EST ID:uUnVQb2w No.144602 Report Quick Reply
>>144601

Don't holy shit lol. They can read signatures on smart devices in your home just by how they run, they can watch what you do with a lot more accuracy. From what I understand they have an entire library of smart devices, IoT devices, and things like a certain model of refrigerator for example. They all leave their own electric type of signature when the run. It's best to get grow lights from people assembling them from scratch if it's all true. Either that or get a grid-tie solar kit that fucks with their ability to read how much power you're using. But whatever you do, don't fuck with that unit, you so much as pop the front glass off of it, I can see the cops getting there shortly after. Even though the meters are on your residence, they don't belong to you. If they show up and find a bunch of magnets or weird shit on them, they'll shut you down.
>>
Shitting Bunningture - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:00:14 EST ID:7hLIqizU No.144603 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144602

But they know when you grow tho
Through Light Circles and how much energy you are using.

So how would SWIM grow with em?
>>
Clara Sigglefield - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:23:43 EST ID:8BoEZ+x4 No.144604 Ignore Report Quick Reply
yea what about em they just read your electricity and relay the information back to the energy provider via radiowave house to house . as long as you pay your bill and keep the kwph down to reasonable levels i don't see what there is to be paranoid about
>>
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:25:19 EST ID:uUnVQb2w No.144605 Report Quick Reply
>>144603

Google flip-flop relay 120v. You'll have to set up 2 bloom areas one will be on while the other is off and vice versa. You can use half the electricity over a full 24 hour period than you would in a single 12 hour on/off. And if they look at your usage it wouldn't look like a sawtooth pattern that shows that you're obviously kicking something large on every 12 hours for exactly 12 hours, it will just look like a solid line half the size.
>>
Shitting Bunningture - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:39:52 EST ID:7hLIqizU No.144606 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144605
thanks comrade!

but i just found this https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=217895 ..

SWIM doesn't really know how paranoid SWIM should be hahaha
>>
Fuck Pittdale - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:24:40 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144607 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144606
I bet this is much more common in states where the cops can "cook up," some probable cause easily.

Here is the thing - If you aren't running a crazy number of lights, you could just as well be someone growing indoor tomatoes or who owns an aquarium, or any sort of high wattage appliances. Shit, we have computer power supplies that can suck down 1500W.
And that is the catch. Notice in the article he mentioned the sheriff showing for a "knock and talk." Those are sketchy as fuck. Basically, the cops gin up a reason to be at your door and just ASK to come in. Most people let them in thinking they legally have to. They do not. The cop then pokes around and anything in "plain sight," is now legal for him to grab. If he claims he smells weed inside he can rip the place apart.
Really shitty stuff. The good news is that simply having a 600-1200W grow won't cause any DEA raids. The bad news is the cops may be shitty enough to barge in to fuck with you.
>>
Edward Brookstone - Fri, 21 Apr 2017 18:46:18 EST ID:+3Hg3jBe No.144620 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144607
MN resident and i can confirm that they do this shit and bring dogs. MN only has a standard of "articulable suspicion" to access shared but secured entry spaces in apartment buildings, which is legally meaningless. They can sniff a house door with slightly more restrictions but still no warrant. My theory is that they probably try to use flir or other means in most cases before approaching you, but ive seen it first hand at an apartment building i lived in.
>>
James Honeyshit - Sun, 23 Apr 2017 12:24:24 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144630 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>144620
FLiR is supposed to be illegal to use that way, but the cops don't care.

And the dog thing is fucked. You should see the research on police dogs. They are NOT foolproof and in fact many will sense when the cop wants into a place, and they will act like they hit drugs, so they get their reward. Then the cops can bust in and do whatever.
>>
INTERPOL !3mB4iDBpWw - Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:16:36 EST ID:uUnVQb2w No.144631 Report Quick Reply
>>144630

The FLIR E series 4-8 meters are anywhere from 500-3,000$ and I know from using one, they are unnervingly accurate for everything within 2 brick walls and 30 feet. I can zoom in with one onto a CO2 generator for instance and discern that from say, a furnace just because it will have 4-12 or more individual brass lines and fittings inside of it that are operating at ground temps instead of one. You'll see the pilot light next to it, and if you sit long enough, you can watch it kick on and off.

The only way that you can even begin to get around this is to have a house that sits at least 1000 feet off of the road, has a full deep basement, and ideally is up on the side of a mountain in relation to the street, so you can put the system facing the solid clay/rock side.

Military tech is even scarier, all of it is classified of course but sometimes you get a absent-minded general on CNN that rambles off their abilities accidentally. Remember when they caught Bin-Laden? The general they interviewed said something like, "yes we knew the target was at the location, and we were aware that he was on the 3rd floor." So, yeah they've got shit that can focus in on individual heat signatures and discern between male and female and even between individual males.
>>
James Honeyshit - Sun, 23 Apr 2017 18:53:29 EST ID:xCjYWm+N No.144633 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492988009290.png -(14379B / 14.04KB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>144631
The Military also can use stuff like backscatter xray. Don't think the cops have that yet. But who knows! Especially with Session in charge now.

Pic related - Thermal image of 4 of Bin Laden's wives...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.