Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan's Canada Cannabis Legalization Logitech Giveaway

We're giving away Logitech hardware to lucky 420chan users to celebrate recreational legalization on October 17!
Round 1 Giveaway Entry     Discussion Thread
Fucking Powdery Mildew by Priscilla Devingham - Sun, 22 Apr 2018 16:16:09 EST ID:5Z1LQmOS No.145928 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1524428169442.jpg -(307342B / 300.14KB, 1195x1600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 307342
Marijuana

Just completed week 1 of flowering.

So I had four different strains growing, and one of them had a bit of dust on its fan leaf. looked closer, oh shit its powdery mildew. I'd read about it, but never dealt with it until this grow. shit.

So i cut that leaf off, disposed of it, looked the plant over, and noticed two other dust spots on other fan leafs in different locations. shit. apparently that strain was just vulnerable to powdery mildew.

So I looked the other three plants over really closely, no visible signs of infection.

I didn't feel comfortable smoking the infected plant. And I didn't want it to infect the other plants. So i trash bagged the entire thing.

My airflow is high and i've got fans in room. But I am living in a region that has PM. Here's my questions:

I've got three more plants in the grow room that have no signs of infection. What do I do to make sure they stay that way?

What should I do next grow to prevent this happening again? its quite the bummer.
>>
Isabella Shittinghall - Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:32:41 EST ID:SPUhyQ3d No.145937 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145928
What's your average humidity? You can run a dehumidifier to reduce ambient humidity...
Are you familiar with Organocide? It's an organic pesticide, basically canola oil, a touch of fish oil, and lecithin to emulse it.
Mix as instructed and mist your plants with it thoroughly.
Good for mold and bug control.
>>
Sidney Chindlechane - Fri, 27 Apr 2018 22:50:45 EST ID:DzEhHoT9 No.145943 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524883845489.jpg -(139516B / 136.25KB, 736x576) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>145928
Peroxide as a curative. Oddly enough, foliar feeds applied in a mist over the leaf surfaces.
Hit the tops and bottoms of the leaves the best you can. When it dries, the salt film left behind alter the leaf surface pH, making the area non-conducive to PM growth/infection. PM tends to stop infecting leaf tissue when the plant is passing through week 8 flower and leaves begin to change color, but it does then start infecting sugar leaves if you don't have it under control by the last flowering days.
>>
Jack Gablingford - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 06:37:18 EST ID:gJvnmZd7 No.145945 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i spray with vodka lemon juice mix, PM is a fungus and fungus don't like PH changes like that. the vodka and lemon i spray is the same stuff i drink so it all cool for sure. i try not to spray flowering ladies at all if possible though.
>>
Graham Coddleput - Fri, 11 May 2018 05:59:51 EST ID:WmMVwVjQ No.145983 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>145928
Wiping mildew off with a 1:1 mixture of water and milk is a very simple organic remedy supported by scientific literature. Paradoxically, mildew likes high humidity but can't grow on wet leaves.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.