Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Problem by Eliza Dommerbury - Sat, 29 Sep 2018 08:18:31 EST ID:vrKpl0HC No.146339 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1538223511370.jpg -(5460639B / 5.21MB, 4128x3096) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 5460639
Do my plants look healthy for 29 days of flowering? (not exactly 29 days, actually - I just switched to 12/12 27 days ago). Also is it OK that dozens of the lower leaves started to wither and fall off since my plants started to bloom? Should I worry about it or it's a natural thing?
>>
David Blythewill - Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:38:19 EST ID:8yylOXoi No.146355 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146354

I would rather recommend this link. It has far more detailed questions, and numerous ones at that.
>>
David Blythewill - Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:38:40 EST ID:8yylOXoi No.146356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Forgot link, derp.

nb

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/how-to-grow-marijuana-everything-you-need-to-know.81264/
>>
David Blythewill - Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:39:04 EST ID:8yylOXoi No.146357 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Forgot link, derp.

nb

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/how-to-grow-marijuana-everything-you-need-to-know.81264/>>146339
>>
Doris Bunwater - Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:05:07 EST ID:ef1tcmWF No.146360 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Looks good to me. It's totally normal for the plant to lose its lower leaves and in fact you should remove any lower leaves that are bigger than your hand imo because they will take more nutrients to keep alive than they contribute to bud growth because their vasculature is mostly connected to lower branches. Those leaves did their job during the vegetative stage and are now worse than useless.
>>
Phoebe Drurrylit - Mon, 01 Oct 2018 14:00:11 EST ID:vrKpl0HC No.146365 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146360
>and are now worse than useless.

You can smoke them...
>>
Shitting Sanningstitch - Tue, 02 Oct 2018 02:37:11 EST ID:HwosKtR0 No.146368 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146365
>smoking leaves
I guess its a step up from resin?

I like to leave my bottom leaves on for outdoor though because the plant can still reuse the nutrients from those fan leaves. After the second week of flower most of my lower leaves that aren't getting sunlight turn yellow die as the nutrients are rerouted to the new colas. I grow in plain organic soil without a whole lot of additives and they appreciate that extra boost.
>>
Walter Mittingwot - Fri, 12 Oct 2018 05:51:19 EST ID:WmMVwVjQ No.146386 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146360
I agree with removing leaves that would inhibit air flow, but the plant needs the leaves for photosynthesis. Leaves don't 'cost energy' they provide it.
>>
Cyril Fanworth - Sat, 13 Oct 2018 07:49:57 EST ID:cXs4G4oR No.146388 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146386
Leaves that don't receive any light don't provide photosynthesis though, they're just dead weight. Plus snipping them off gives your plants a little spook, so they'll grow bigger buds because they're afraid of dying.

Kinda fucked up, now that I think about it.

Anyway holy shit OP I thought my first photoperiod grow was going pretty well but god damn I have a tiny shitty dwarf plant compared to your ubermensch stalks. Dang.
>>
Charles Macklebit - Sat, 13 Oct 2018 14:23:33 EST ID:ef1tcmWF No.146389 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146365
True, they're not completely useless. I've gotten high from vaping just van leaves before, not even any sugar leaves. It's a myth that they contain no THC, but they don't contain that much. Probably best to use for cooking. You can blend up the entire plant, then throw it in a crock pot with a few quarts of some water and coconut oil for a few hours then put it in the fridge and scoop up all the solidified coconut oil and throw the rest away.

>>146386
The plants xylem moves water and nutrients from the roots up into the rest of the plant. The leaves need these nutrients in order to photosynthesize. The phloem moves glucose and amino acids that are produced from the leaves during photosynthesis to other areas of the plant that need them because they are growing like branches, new leaves or flowers. These are both physical passageways and there's a limited amount of space in those passageways. People do stuff like LST and HST (supercropping) in order to widen the stems and widen these passageways so the plant can take up more nutrients and water.

Your lower leaves on a mature plant are the ones that formed earliest, their phloem, the passageways that take the sugars produced by the leaf where they're needed, are connected to the lower branches. Each successive level of leaves during vegetation is connected to the branches that are farther up. Once it comes time for the plant to begin flowering, it puts out leaves that connect their phloem to the flower sites rather than the branches.

Some rerouting of nutrients can be done and the lower branches can contribute some sugars to the lower bud sites, but they will do so extremely inefficiently because the physical passageways simply aren't connected strongly. In order to keep them alive the plant needs to continue to move water and nutrients through the xylem to those lower leaves, but since there's a limited amount that it can move through these passageways, that means the upper bud sites get less water and nutrients. Once the plant is done with its vegetative growth and has reached its final height after the stretch, the lower branches no longer need any nutrients because they're not growing anymore so you should remove them so the leaves don't take any water or nutrients from where they're needed up top. Their large size makes them take a heck of a lot of water to maintain so they become a net drag on the plant (which is why the plant often naturally abandons them).
>>
Lydia Genderdock - Thu, 13 Dec 2018 00:56:09 EST ID:e+Xn10s+ No.146482 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146339
the bottom leaves arent getting sun so the plant is taking the nutrients out of them to put into upper leaves and the colas
>>
George Gappermuck - Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:44:23 EST ID:yYZJN6pi No.146490 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>146388
A lot of countryboys swear by providing this sense of fear into the plant in the last few days before harvest. they typically put the plant in complete darkness for the last 3 days, or stick a penny nail straight through the bottom of the stock to instigate this urgency for the plant to finish up

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.