420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Court-ordered Rehab by Nathaniel Borrytig - Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:45:22 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.28913 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487288722004.gif -(405633B / 396.13KB, 357x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 405633
So, long story short, I have to "voluntarily" go to through a lame rehab program in lieu of jail time because I overdosed on psychedelic amphetamines and got caught with them (stupid, I know - heroic does of DOI.)

So far it's basically just kindergarten style group sharing with a bunch of God-loving fundamentalists who tell me to accept Jesus and put God into my life and everything will be OK. Pretty fucking lame for something that's supposed to be a "safe space" for all religious beliefs (I'm agnostic and don't particularly care about religion. I don't care for bible thumping, however).

Even my therapist asked me how I felt my rehab was important in a "spiritual context."

How do I avoid killing myself dealing with all these religious nuts and completing my six months of bullshit? It sure beats jail time. Oh, and I'm randomly tested (urine and blood). So far the therapists have no chill.

I'm not denying that I couldn't use help, after all, I'm doing stupid things like heroic dosing on DOI. However, taking away the burnt offering of cannabis alongside it has really ticked me off. How do I enjoy being sober again? Everything just seems boring or like work.

I guess mostly I just wanted a "safe space" to vent - and feel like this place is safer than the groups I participate in because of the omnipresent fundie Christian mafia.
>>
Edwin Billingstone - Thu, 16 Feb 2017 19:17:34 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.28914 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There's more to the story in subtle omissions but they're there to preserve anonymity. Paranoia? Probably.
>>
Polly Marringbick - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:58:05 EST ID:oY7B3aL6 No.28932 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28913
>How do I avoid killing myself dealing with all these religious nuts and completing my six months of bullshit?
Suicide is always an option. Consider the fact that you're contemplating suicide because you refuse to handle being sober for 6 months.

It has nothing to do with the religious nuts - when there's traffic on the road it only pisses you off when you're trying to get somewhere faster. Basically you're seeing them as the obstacle when its really a symptom of your issue.

Best you can do is relax for the time being.
>>
Charles Gankinham - Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:01:37 EST ID:/aLe2+k8 No.28934 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28932
This.

Ive been there, done that. In the big picture a six month break isn't the biggest of all deals, hell I was sober for 14 years before I started, and since then have had varying amounts of sober time/time away from heroin. Currently on 2 years without dope. So take the break, don't drink the Koolaid, but take the break and really dig into what is motivating you so strongly to escape from reality, as that was my problem. I wasn't just a dope fiend, coke head, etc. I just liked drugs as they got me out of myself. Its a lot of work to learn to like yourself, but that's what has to happen to relieve yourself from this never ending drive to oblivion.

Oblivion isn't sustainable.
>>
Eugene Smallwill - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 00:52:05 EST ID:WFDve2C3 No.28935 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28913
I did court ordered treatment too op, i was in what they called intensive outpatient, had to go to two hour groups 3 times a week, and go to 1 aa/na/ga meeting a week.
It sucked, i did 5 out of the 6 months and then i got kicked out because i said i didn't think i was an addict and would probably have a beer and a smoke every now and then when i was done with all that bs.
After that i had a warrant for my arrest for awhile, then finished up my last bit of jail time and left that shit behind for the rest of my life. During that time in my life, over 5 men had the pleasure of watching me take a piss.
Idk what my point in any of this is. Treatment sucks if you don't want to be there, it beats jail though. Its not hard to not do drugs honestly. Switch to cigarettes and coffee like 99% of everyone else in treatment does
>>
Hamilton Gammerbadge - Sun, 26 Feb 2017 00:07:24 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.28966 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488085644855.jpg -(333482B / 325.67KB, 924x764) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Go high everytime
Sit somewhere where you can look at your phone
Spend the time thinking about things that interest you
If anyone grills you if you heard anything, just read their shit off the walls and they'll be happy as shit
Never get a sponsor, never read the book even
Obviously don't pick a higher power or do a step, not even the first
>>
Hamilton Gammerbadge - Sun, 26 Feb 2017 00:10:33 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.28967 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28935
Fuck cigarettes if you don't do it already, total waste of everything as far as new hobbies go, and they're almost outlawed in public many places

Rehab is a scam I hope you're not the one paying for it
>>
Hamilton Gammerbadge - Sun, 26 Feb 2017 00:12:21 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.28968 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Very right about spiritual

There is no spiritual without religion, they go together like country and western

You could pretend, but it is degrading
>>
Betsy Billingfoot - Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:35:57 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.28970 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488144957169.gif -(3846789B / 3.67MB, 480x261) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Thanks for all the replies.

>>28968
Actually TBH I wouldn't mind as much if it were a fundamentalist Buddhist, it'd be an interesting change. I guess I'm just biased against Christianity. They've got a stick up their ass or some shit.

>>28967
Yeah, these guys are getting paid way too much for what they do. It's on insurance, but I see the amounts.

>>28966
Oh hah. Too bad my urine and hair is being tested.

>>28935
You're right, it beats jail. I'm smoking like a chimney now (pipe tobacco), snus and beer. It doesn't feel the same though.

>>28934
I suppose you're right. I actually spent about 14 years of my life sober as well, I'm sure I can get through it, too, since my drugs of choice were mostly psychedelics with the occasional light opi (like codeine) and coke. Weed, of course.

>I've decided just to keep my mouth shut and think of other shit while I sit through rehab. At least one session, the therapist is a hot chick who I can undress with my mind. I may wear dark sunglasses and creep on her the whole time.
>>
Betsy Billingfoot - Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:37:53 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.28971 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Oh yeah, and I can't wear "drug culture" clothing while at rehab, was told that my leather jacket with patches (none of which were particularly drug related) was unacceptable.

They got all sorts of weird ass rules like that.
>>
Isabella Pudgekin - Tue, 28 Feb 2017 22:07:15 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.28984 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28971
That's exceptionally wierd, but rehab is a closed world based on a book from the 30s, so there's bound to be some quirks
>>
James Chenningnan - Sun, 05 Mar 2017 07:35:50 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.28997 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488717350884.png -(235153B / 229.64KB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>28913
Your post struck a nerve with me so i'm gonna hijack it and share my experience. I'm currently almost 3 1/2 years clean and sober off everything except nicotine and caffeine,i was addicted to mainly heroin, and crack, but i did anything that was in front of me, and went through periods of suboxone maintenance+weed and other stuff. By the end of it i was sleeping on friends couches or at my parents house with no job, dropping out of college, no gf, suicidal and depressed and completely alone in my addiction. I too was ordered to go to intensive inpatient and i ended up completing it and moving to a halfway house in another state. I share this with you because i have a decent amount of experience in the "program" at this point and i can tell you that there really is no one true answer. I got somewhat lucky in that the area i live is pretty open minded so the christian fundamentalist aspect is fairly minimal, i personally experimented with shambhala buddhism as a "higher power" but eventually i had to accept i was not a religious person. There were alot of things i eventually realized that set me apart from the program dogma, for example my political beliefs (anarcho-communist) created tension between me and others in the rooms with swastika tattoos and conservative beliefs, my passions for things like art and music also conflicted with what a lot of the young people in the program were into, and then i slowly but surely found out a lot of the "spiritual principals" that people talked about were absent, and there was a lot of hypocrisy in, for example, and old timer telling a newbie what to do with their lives if they want to be a good person, then turning around and being a piece of shit. Now i'm at a serious fork in the road as too whether i want to continue working with the program, or should i just put my focus into my life in general? which is undeniably better than it used to be. But i digress, if i can give you any advice about how to stay sober and not be miserable, it would be put work into hobbies, passions, goals that you have, and chase that high. the program may or may not help you, thats for you to figure out, but it certainly isn't the only choice you have to stay sober or at least get back to sanity and self improvement
>>
Sidney Sockledod - Sun, 05 Mar 2017 17:37:26 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.28999 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28997
I think I'll make my choice after I finish the program and things blow over a bit. For now, putting efforts into hobbies ( music and gardening ) seems to be the only choice but depression also sucks the joy out of them, too. I've been told it's just something I have to work through.

Thanks for posting, man.
>>
Shitting Dangerson - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:48:25 EST ID:fvI/Wp6O No.29016 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hey bro, heavy drug user currently on a break for lent, I suggest you give God a shot. He's not an actual bearded sky wizard, he's the entire noosphere, the human experience aggregate, the fucking universe. The sky wizard thing was just a feudal interpretation of him, a way to appeal to/oppress the normies of that day. Would you hear me out if I then went on to say the Vatican is Satanic and corrupt?

Most people have a hard time selling God, and it's always because they can't separate scripture from faith, or they let their own egos/ignorance/imperfect beliefs murk their conversion attempt.

It's completely true when I say that if you actually try and seek God out, like just unironically open up to the entire possibility, that your life WILL then end up totally fine. Following God, in the way he's to be followed, is a tremendously righteous feeling.

OP I suggest you just bullshit the therapy, go high every time and just do your thing, but at the same time give a serious attempt to connect yourself to God considering you're halfway there already.

Mushrooms tightened my relationship with God, and holy fuck was that a blessing. My life is terrific now, and I want you to be happy like me!
>>
David Chebberstock - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 00:25:16 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.29017 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489296316898.jpg -(39530B / 38.60KB, 540x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29016
I don't believe in superstition. If you took the Spinozan approach and said God was the natural universe, maybe I would concede that belief could be tolerated, but superstitious beliefs are irrational and inevitably lead to bad decisions.

That being said, I respect your right to have your own belief system. I don't think I completely understand your belief system but I do remember having very profound experiences that a different person might have characterized as "spiritual" on shrooms and many psychedelics.

As I said in previous threads, they test my urine basically once a week so going high would be difficult.

Thanks for the thoughts and well-wishing all the same.
>>
Shitting Cushnedging - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 03:45:59 EST ID:/mj6fgZv No.29018 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>28913
There is no reason to fail, accept it. If one keep quiet about religion, Christianity, say you have been saved, maybe? Keep quiet and fully minimal, many christians are quiet, soft-spoken people. Just keep a low profile. The whatever counselors should
see this as your general personality. old post,
>>
David Dronnerchore - Sun, 12 Mar 2017 13:16:42 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.29019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29016
Are you sure you're not in aa, that's some cognitive dissonance there my bro

God = god

The origin story don't change the result no matter what you tell yourself

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.