420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Quitting Smoking by Jenny Mishwut - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:54:05 EST ID:51qrfVxA No.29126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1491170045102.jpg -(683395B / 667.38KB, 940x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 683395
What are some tips and tricks to quitting smoking. I'm about to go cold turkey so I don't mean nicotine replacement or anything like that. I mean ways to distract myself or reduce my cravings, which are severe.
>>
Albert Bevinglone - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 18:29:44 EST ID:4gyE4GE1 No.29127 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491172184471.jpg -(5498B / 5.37KB, 275x183) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I don't know, I still smoke. I take Wellbutrin/Bupropion for depression but it's supposedly an anti-smoking aid. I imagine the oral fixation must be part of it, so maybe a toothpick or something to focus on might help. I know a guy who went to a hypnotist and claimed it worked but I have my doubts.

I guess it's all about willpower, I put down all other drugs and alcohol when I entered rehab/probation and so far I've managed to do everything except quit smoking tobacco. I guess it's that extremely hard because it's easy to get and easy to use. One thing that I tried when I did quit (I was tobacco free for a good four years or so before this) was focusing on how much money I would be saving by not buying smokes.

Good luck.
>>
George Shakeford - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 15:12:44 EST ID:7N3lLe9n No.29130 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29126
Realize how repulsive smoking is. It is. People who smoke smell like piss and poo,
seriously. Think about how tobacco executives, the industry, tobacco lobbyists, they understand to keep up profits, that each person who dies, they need to addict a kid between like 12 and 19 years old. To replace ones that die from smoking. You think the executives at tobacco companies sitting around their 8 thousand dollar table discussing how next to get more addicted have ash trays
on the tables? Naw, think they smoke, naw. If one does not pick up smoking by the age of say 23 years old, the chances of them of being smokers is almost nothing. Lost $$profit.

They have labs that they manipulate certain chemicals, ammonia is one to deliver a stronger dose of nicotine. I remember one brand of cigs, really cheap, tasted just like ammonia and everybody agreed that it made them feel sick.
Head rushes, headaches, weak feeling. Other than that, google what chemicals are in tobacco. https://www.wired.com/2012/12/so-about-that-glowing-cigarette/

I quit smoking by putting much more effort into not smoking as smoking. Exercise, "i'd walk a minle for a camel" slogan. So walk a mine instead f easily lighting up a camel.

I can assure you, you will likely be short tempered if you are really a smoker, go ahea, be pissed off at people, hate smokers who light up a smoke in the car first thing they get in when you ask them not to. Walk instead of getting rides from smokers. My associate said, my car, don't like it get out. He eventually would not
simply light up when he got into the car. He would say, ohh, it's nice to get out, while he's taking his first puffs of a cig. Meaning it's his smoking is the motivation. Literally the smoke would make me dizzy after not smoking and would get instantly near enraged by this.

A girl was smoking that I was friends with her husband, the smoke was going right into her toddlers face id I had ever seen it as bad in any circumstance. I
said, she was yapping on the phone, I said could you go out back to smoke or at least move over a bit, the smoke is going right into his face. (you could clearly see when that the smoke right in with his breath) she got instant bitchy, don't tell me what to do in my house or how to raise my kids. I unplugged the phone.
She went in back to finish her smoking, she was so frustrated though, she instantly lit up another one, and came back to protesting, saying it's my right to smoke. There went the smoke right into the child's direction.

Not saying you would not be inconsiderate by any means. I don't mean to be soo expletive, but my das girlfriend smoked for as many years, since the 50s? She
got copd, many trips to the emergency room where she couldn't breathe. After quitting smoking ecen, once you get copd the clock is basically ticking away for
that reason. Once at least three years of not smoking she was hving a hard time breathing, (she was on oxygen 24/7) (could not leave the house without it) she started coughing and coughed up blood into he clear green oxygen mask where it was I was not there but not a sight that one could easily forget.

Sorry for the post as it is, but there was a time you didn't smoke right. Get back to that point and then some. Despise smoking and the taxes, the health problems, the tobacco lobby, the productivity you lose from smoking, clothes smelling like pee and poo, even ones hair smells that way just by being around smokers. This year I smoked maybe 3 gigs soo far, I am surely not missing anything. Looking back at these times and the likely thousands of dollars spent on tobacco between me and my associates that smoked. We that quit aren't missing out on anything but a better standard of health
and self awareness, like the commercials, self determination and judgement concerning ourselves and those around us.

Aside any doctor will say quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health. Good luck
>>
George Shakeford - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 15:23:53 EST ID:7N3lLe9n No.29131 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29126
I carried around a metal cigar container with one cig, and one strike anywhere match. My goal was to not smoke this cig for a week. Planned ou tto the day. If I got it lit I was still a smoker, for at least a while longer.

if the match went out before I got the got it lit I was not going to continue to be a
smoker and would throw it away. If I made it a week I would throw it away and not be a smoker. I made it 5 days and just knew, so I threw it away.

My best method was bike riding or exercising far far more intensive than the desire to smoke was. That was the ultimate best way to cope. While doing this I had a purpose, not smoking. Rearranged in my thinking doing things directed to being beneficial than was not beneficial. Everything just got easier.
>>
Basil Chishstone - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 10:39:20 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.29143 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I used the patch and I followed the directions to a t
Also on Wellbutrin too
Still smoke weed so I get that smoke feeling, but I'm phasing over to Vapour
Try the patch do it properly, even if you stayed on the last step for a while, still beats smoking
>>
John Cemblestone - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 09:38:05 EST ID:5gTNM+LG No.29162 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm on day 4. (not OP)

I heard day 3 was the worst but fuck that, I'm at my absolute worst right now. I'm anxious and agitated as a motherfucker.

I know it will get better but I hope I don't get 2 or even 1 more day that are this intense or I'll go insane. Those timelines definitely don't reflect my own experience.

I thought it would be fairly easy (especially since I've quit opis multiple times before) but the cravings are real, goddamn.
>>
Eliza Hevingson - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 15:20:30 EST ID:soRle+Ad No.29163 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I hear taking a walk or run works best when you have a craving. gum, toothpicks, sunflower seeds? I think you got the right idea going cold turkey. replacements are just another crutch.

nicotine is such a tricky addiction. I had my first smoke about 5 years ago. At my worst, a pack a week. best, quit for a few months. but on average I smoke a few on the weekend. Honestly, if I didn't drink I could quit easily. that's where it gets me
>>
Edwin Clayhood - Fri, 14 Apr 2017 16:50:01 EST ID:B4akmq3x No.29164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29162
day 5 should suck more. Expect to get agitated easily at basically anything, people. Expect to hate the smell of cig smoke, hate smokers and their smoker personalities. You will notice a smokers personality after this. It is unique, before and after smoking. Smokers become kinda think, dence after smoking, are anxious, nervous if they cannot smoke right wen they want to.

Stay away from people, simple thinks can make a person agitated. Do exercise when you feel like this, look around and think what you are trying to accomplish. Build yourself up mentally breathing, heart, health. Exert yourself, rebuild your actual thinking that smoking took away.

May really take a couple weeks until you start noticing how you can rearrange yourself in your mind and how you go about things without smoking. I have smoked about 3 cigs this year, every few drags out it out, light it up later. Even a few drags really changes what a days outlook will turn out to be as opposed to not taking a few drags. So yea, tobacco, it is meant to be fully
addictive.

Just quit regardless. Will not be missing anything whatsoever when thigs straighten out, meantime, be pissed, anxious, that is what tobacco is meant to do to keep you smoking. It will fade away. Summer in the US is coming, why not be smoke free this year. Then next year.
Nobody was born needing cigarettes to survive.
>>
Cornelius Nullerfuck - Mon, 08 May 2017 15:07:42 EST ID:zobPoD0k No.29226 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hi guys, I am in a similar situation, don't want to quit but I need to quit cold turkey for 2 or 3 months for a medication treatment course, I am on about 25 a day, how bad will it be?
>>
David Pammlefoot - Fri, 12 May 2017 11:24:24 EST ID:XScBMwJY No.29234 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29164
It's goin out of style I noticed. I was in a rich neighbourhood in Toronto and I noticed all the corner stores were gone or closing down. I thought where are these ppl getting smoked? So I paid attention and saw no one smoking for blocks in a crowded area until I saw one Chinese guy.

It's a good thing, fuck smoking it's garbage and breathing it makes me wanna punch someone.

It'll be nice when it's completely banned here which isn't that far off.
>>
Fredrick von Turdburgler - Fri, 12 May 2017 16:11:33 EST ID:SNvcdOjA No.29235 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1494619893697.jpg -(117561B / 114.81KB, 640x427) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Read Allen Carr's "the easy way to quit smoking". The first month fucking blows but it's the only thing that worked for me and it's been almost a year.
>>
Eugene Nickleforth - Wed, 24 May 2017 06:13:55 EST ID:EUtgsFar No.29251 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have quit successfully and it feels fucking awesome. I will go into a more detailed post later, but for now, the best advice I can give is

a) Cold turkey. Just fucking do it.
b) Don't stop quitting! If you get drunk and have a cigarette, don't tell yourself "oh well I fucked up now better buy a box of tobacco and start smoking again". Don't quit quitting. Keep going. Keep trying. Every cigarette is a struggle, a fight for your personal liberty and health. Don't give in. If the tobacco companies get one up on you and you smoke a cigarette, do NOT cave in. Keep trying.

It is not impossible. Trust me. Difficult yes but not impossible. Once you quit, once you've broken that chain, you will feel, idk, just really fucking good about yourself. Will go into more detail later.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.