420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Cannabis Withdrawal Aid by Doris Brapperkedge - Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:06:21 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29356 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1500044781705.jpg -(292167B / 285.32KB, 409x409) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 292167
wasn't sure whether to post this on /weed/ or here but i guess it makes more sense here for now. I've been smoking pretty much all day erry day for 4 months and i am planning on taking a break for awhile but i have always in the past been super susceptible to the withdrawal from cannabis. Now im not saying that cannabis does not have one of the most mild and benign withdrawals i just use to fuck around with /opi/s and use to have to deal with dope sickness alot and now when i stop smoking weed i get what seems to be exaggerated withdrawals similar to the ones i used to get years ago. I was thinking if i had CBD supplements from the health food store i could take them for the first few days or so as a way to maybe ease some of the initial discomfort, would that possibly work? the CBD capsules contain like barely any THC and are completely non-psychoactive. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
>>
Isabella Fupperfadging - Fri, 14 Jul 2017 18:42:15 EST ID:bAd92LR5 No.29359 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP you need to wean, don't bother with CBD tabs.

Taking CBD tabs might make you feel marginally better but you're mostly going to be withdrawing from the psychoactive cannabinoids like THC and CBN. You're right to worry about withdrawals, you've been super-dosing your endocannabinoid system all day "erry day" for months and you're going to have a hard time getting back to homeostasis. In medicine you would NEVER have a patient go off a medicine that stays in the body like weed does cold-turkey, especially if you know from personal experience that weed effects your body and mind like this.

You need to start using cannabis on a schedule and gradually cut down over the course of at least three weeks until you're totally off the stuff.
>>
Simon Chanderhutch - Fri, 14 Jul 2017 20:34:39 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29360 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29359
Huh i suppose you're right about the weaning method. i've put up with the withdrawals from weed cold turkey before but its always shitty especially when im super busy with work, school etc. In my experience, unlike opiate w/d which is horrendous for the first week but then quickly the most severe symptoms go away, the cannabis withdrawal is lighter but more persistant if that makes sense, it just seems to go on and on for awhile just way less severe, i might just try to wean myself down to one bowl before bed for sleep for a week and then one hit and stop, the problem is weed is always around more or less so the temptation to smoke is harder to beat then like the temptation to shoot dope after being off it for so long
>>
Sidney Fanstock - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 04:25:31 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29362 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Honestly this might not work for others but what I always do to quit weed is to get benz'd for the first week. Then it goes much smoother
>>
Sidney Fanstock - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 04:29:58 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29363 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29359
>In medicine you would NEVER have a patient go off a medicine that stays in the body like weed does cold-turkey,

Just curious, is there any downsides to mental health after cessation of ingesting weed at a frequent basis?Nb
>>
Eugene Gendleridge - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 05:57:39 EST ID:bAd92LR5 No.29364 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29362
I don't doubt that this worked for you but if OP really does have a drug habit that could be a very risky move. Not only would he be at risk of rolling his addiction over to the benzos but my experience is that people who quit one drug with the intention of still using other drugs have a very high rate of relapse. Most of a drug addiction is mental, particularly with marijuana (although don't underestimate the ECS, particularly where physical symptoms that some people report are concerned like nausea and sweating) so drug addiction treatment generally takes a more holistic approach focusing on things like mental and social health, rather than just treating the chemical stuff (which is probably the worst part of opiate withdrawals but even then the people who succeed in getting clean from that stuff are the people who clean up all aspects of their health and not just stop using heroin).

>>29363
Absolutely. A myriad of mental health effects. None of them good.

If you look at marijuana usage without even taking into consideration the neurochemical effects of these cannabinoids it still paints a very bleak picture. Basically you cant just force your brain into a state of euphoria and bring it back to a normal state, that's not how homeostasis works. Not only does there need to be some sort of "kickback" (every force has an equal and opposite reaction) but the fact of a euphoric state is that it feels better than being sober, so when you're suddenly sober you're actually going to experience that as a state of dysphoria. Additionally your serotonin levels can train your brain to be addicted to anything, sugar, sex, you name it. This is absolutely going to happen with regular marijuana use. This is why we had those World of Warcraft addiction clinics in Germany back in the day. Oh and the boredom, if you've just been doing the stoner thing like a lot of us did what are you going to do now? How are you going to socialize with people? What will you do with your life?

Getting to the actual neurochemical cannabinoid withdrawals-- the anxiety and depression is very real. Its chemical, but its real and can be very dangerous not just for people that are susceptible to that kind of thing. And unlike the physical symptoms which it seems some of us are just unfortunately wired for, I don't think very many people would argue with me about the existence of psychological cannabis withdrawals. The science there seems pretty conclusive that quitting weed is awful. Its not inherently lethal but holy shit..

Also I'm not a real doctor but I think its cute that you trust me <3 I think I'd like to go to medical school actually, just as soon as I quit this damnable devils herb
>>
Eugene Gendleridge - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 06:36:17 EST ID:bAd92LR5 No.29365 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29363
Also, and I posted this in another thread too but a lot of people have underlying mental health issues causing or contributing to their drug habits. Often people start having anxiety or depression or PTSD or something and they self med with marijuana or whatever without even thinking about it or even really understanding that they were having symptoms that they were trying to treat in the first place. Then when they quit they suddenly have this raw, untreated psychological wound that's been festering and they've just been covering up with drugs, meanwhile all of their social supports have eroded and everything's totally fucked. Drugs can be so fucked up, every one of them. I don't doubt that some people can use them responsibly but I am not such a person.

>>29360
I guess I'll respond to this too since I hijacked your thread for my blogposts.

That temptation is really real my man, today I had to have my roommate hide my weed from me because I lack discipline. Maybe if you just put it somewhere really out of the way so you just don't automatically reach for it the moment you start to feel off. I think it mostly is a matter of discipline, but I think that its a skill that would serve us both really well. Especially if you plan on using marijuana with moderation in the future I think its a must.

Also if cold turkey is the only way that you can quit it probably wouldn't be the end of the world. You might get so nauseous you have to go to the hospital, or you might freak out and throw yourself into the ocean but the actual cannabis withdrawals cant kill you. It does seem like a setup for a relapse though, I think quitting with discipline is ultimately the only way to quit anything.

nb
>>
Martin Wallyhed - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 07:06:47 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29366 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1500203207154.jpg -(26243B / 25.63KB, 300x302) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29364
I don't mess with /benz/ anymore exactly for the reason you mentioned. I will take kava when i feel anxious but even that i try to keep to every now and again. I am planning on being sober most of the time though i will still drink during social occasions etc. The thing with weed is since i live in a legal state where the stigma is almost completely gone it's easy to overdue it but not be aware of it. So many people i know are high-functioning stoners and i can definitely be one too but i just know after awhile i have to take a break and reset my brain chemistry for my own mental and physical health. I decided im going to ask my dealer for a certain strain from a grower who doesn't do the super-ridiculous high-THC kind and go on that schedule you we're talking about to wean myself down for a month, i've never tried doing that before and i'm interested to see if it is overall easier on me that way.
>>
Martha Hummlepitch - Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:31:46 EST ID:JlRtCgHC No.29367 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1500258706280.jpg -(533908B / 521.39KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29366
I'm a high functioning stoner, I've smoked daily for 5 years and then weaned off to just after work and the weekends. I used it whenever I had stress and anxiety and now I'm dry. I felt like shit when I woke up, my gf tried to cheer me up then when she couldn't my bad mood ruined the day. I've always been susceptible to anxiety and stress and weed felt like a godsend. Now that I NEED it my gf says I'm addicted, even though I don't smoke at work anymore and treat it as a prize my current mood validates her judgement. What helps?
>>
Basil Forryway - Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:03:31 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29369 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I was forced to sober up for my Phillipines trip for two weeks. Im a daily vaper for4 years.

No drugs allowed there so I was cold turkey.

Needless to say anxiety was at all time high, I felt very wierd, like I didn't know what to do with my self, do I just sit around and Stare at nothing.doestn help being in a foreign country far from home too.
>>
Wesley Blobblestock - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:31:45 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29371 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29364
>>29365

Thanks for the response. Also...3rd day of no weed, I'm miserable
>>
Shitting Blackhood - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:36:14 EST ID:gbuZg/D3 No.29372 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I used to get horrible withdrawals too but I think I smoked so much that it's stored in my fat and it gives me a constant supply when I stop or something now because I no longer get them and I still feel kind of stoned even when I'm sober.

Anyway, for some actual advice, I suggest getting some MK-677 (Ibutamoren) and do that when you go off. It's the only thing I've found that actually makes you hungry enough to eat when you stop. It also helps with sleep. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) helps to control the cravings and it's a good thing to take even if you aren't withdrawing. I just ordered some methylene blue to see if it can help me recover some of my short term memory and boost energy. I'll let you know if it works.
>>
Sophie Poshdock - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:09:49 EST ID:bAd92LR5 No.29373 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1500581389835.jpg -(83164B / 81.21KB, 1292x753) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29371
Im on my second day OP. Its the actual worst. Its all I can do to not smash my head open on everything. But im not puking yet so maybe the wean was a good idea.

>>29372
No. Just no. You body builders disgust me. Please stop prescribing dangerous untested chems and hormones to people on the internet, what the fuck are you thinking?
>>
Emma Goodfuck - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:24:21 EST ID:gbuZg/D3 No.29375 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29373
I'm not a body builder, I've just read up on ghrelin agonists and it's fully passed safety trials in the FDA so stop being such a baby.
>>
Cedric Clipperson - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:35:44 EST ID:bAd92LR5 No.29376 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29375
Reading a wikipedia article is nowhere near equivilent to the ten years of medical school required to recomend these medications. You have no understanding of how these systems work and interact with eachother and you're certainly not looking at OPs medical charts.

Your naivete astounds me. Do you experiment with these chems on yourself? It honestly scares me that I used to have this same mindset
>>
Charles Boddlebit - Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:27:07 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29388 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here, didn't expect this thread to get this many replies but im glad this board is decently active. This thread has changed my perspective on cannabis addiction a little bit. i'm still in the middle of my weaning process, i ran out a few days ago and was gonna say fuck it and go cold turkey but after reading some of these responses i decided i really needed to limit my smoking gradually over a couple weeks at the least, also it made me realize i'm more dependent on cannabis then i thought, so i've started lowering my usage more and more every few days so by the time i come to the end of my current stash (less then an 8th) i can be already used to being sober throughout the majority of my day again
>>
Jenny Bundock - Sun, 06 Aug 2017 07:11:50 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29415 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1502017910508.jpg -(45323B / 44.26KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29388
OP again, will probably make this my last post then let this thread die. I'm on day 2 and feeling uncomfortable but overall ok. I tapered down like was suggested and i still had these ashwaganda CBD supplements laying around so i've been taking two every morning which may also be helping. Physically the withdrawals haven't been that brutal for me but everyone knows the psychological addiction is the challenge, wish me luck
>>
Augustus Pittstock - Mon, 23 Oct 2017 04:19:32 EST ID:ml7mVqZ2 No.29523 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>have quit after heavy cannabis use for years (oz a week+)
>cold turkeyed xanax while withdrawing hard off an snri + heavy mental illness
>currently heavily addicted to morphine
>see this shit

thanks for that laugh bud
>>
Hedda Darringmet - Tue, 24 Oct 2017 23:25:12 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29524 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Cold Turkey is the way

Some things that helped me

• drink cranberry juice to do a flush
  • drink hot lemon water after meals
  • exercise, sweat it out, or go to a sauna, helps you sleep comfier at night
  • meditation
  • intermittent fasting (burns fat, thc residing in fat will disappear faster)
>>
Priscilla Clonningstetch - Sun, 29 Oct 2017 21:47:03 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29542 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1509328023967.jpg -(163700B / 159.86KB, 1024x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Somebody give this guy his honorary trophy and katana. He truly deserves it
>>
Graham Blackham - Tue, 31 Oct 2017 16:49:20 EST ID:RJ0RYzJt No.29554 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>n-acetylcysteine
>n-acetylcysteine
>n-acetylcysteine

trust me dude it'll make your life way better
>>
Fucking Guzzlechick - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 03:52:45 EST ID:wAOaj2ig No.29565 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29523
sorry you have no self control and get addicted to other drugs that have nothing to do with what the OP is posting about

wow you can do hard drugs, good job you loser
>>
Corpus Crispy - Sat, 11 Nov 2017 14:11:53 EST ID:/rCwvARp No.29567 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29356
Might be an unpopular opinion and potentially not even that great of a solution but when I did nothing but smoke weed all day for almost a year, semi-recreational doses of diphenhydramine got be through the blues relatively easily as I am also someone who has terrible withdrawal symptoms from weed. Small doses in the range of 25mg-100mg of diphenhydramine may ease those symptoms but the best cure is still going to always be drinking lots of water and exercise
>>
Eugene Brommlespear - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:11:13 EST ID:RJ0RYzJt No.29574 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29523
ick about anyone else in this thread but for me the problem with quitting weed isn't necessarily that it's impossible, but the withdrawal symptoms (while *very* mild in comparison to say, benzos or opiates) just make me wanna do other drugs and when you're tryna get clean from a bunch of different drug habits that kinda thing can end up in a shitty spiral i'm sure you're quite familiar with.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.