Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Weed Cessation: help and experience welcome by Shit Gebbleford - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:51:11 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1501541471440.jpg -(188918B / 184.49KB, 960x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 188918
I'm stopping weed tomorrow completely after 5 years of daily vaping abuse

I was able stop for 50 days before so I know what to expect I had a mixture of the following:

• depression (gray pointless outlook of life )
  • social anxiety
  • lack of humour and timing
  • easily fatigued
  • unable to sleep at times
  • night sweats

I want to lessen these withdrawal symptoms by doing the following:

• find a support group (haven't found one yet)
  • skip rope and bodyweight exercises (already do this)
  • daily meditations and listening to evening dharmas

Any experience for /weed/ who went full sober? I'm sick of weed and I really want to stop it.
Insight from anyone is welcome
>>
Martin Cridgewater - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 01:23:42 EST ID:MUJHzjN4 No.29401 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1501565022323.jpg -(52070B / 50.85KB, 500x377) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This post is a reminder for me to go into more detail tomorrow- I also stopped smoking weed two years ago (am currently 1 month into kicking benzos and alcohol) and I'll share what I experienced. For now, the fact that you're exercising is great (get your diet in check too if its not: lots of veggies and try to cut sugar out as much as you can).

Read up on PAWS (post-acute withdrawal symptoms). I experienced the withdrawal effects that you described, however the real battle with weed (and any other drug for that matter) is PAWS. paws can take anywhere from 6-18months to diminish completely. Best of luck to you
>>
Jenny Punninghidging - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 20:01:29 EST ID:ah7hMXtb No.29402 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29401
Thanks for your words. From what I read I relaxation helps manage PAWS and prevent relapse.
>>
Angus Chorringstock - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 01:40:30 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29404 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Pick up some benedryl at your local pharmacy. They will help with the depression/ feelings of shit and sleep

Report back
>>
Ebenezer Brollydotch - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 07:28:12 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29404
So far I've had one restless sleep where I woke up twice every hour for two hours.

I'll try this when it gets really bad.

So far it's been alright. The sleep has only been the majour problem (even before weed)
>>
Nell Finderstone - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 23:46:58 EST ID:/19boi00 No.29411 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29407

I would recommend some kratom. A white strain during the day should help the depression and a red strain at night to help with sleep. You don't need much, a cup of white in the morning, a cup of red at night, 2-3 grams of powdered leaf in each cup of tea. Don't use it daily for more than the first two weeks of withdrawal, but after that you can use it weekly without worrying much about dependence...It won't compensate for the psychological addiction aspect of weed completely if you're anything like me as weed is more psychologically addictive than anything else for some reason but it will act as a nice buffer to get you out of the woods.
>>
Beatrice Honningnit - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:59:02 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29424 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Update:

Been well over 2 weeks. The symptoms are not so bad. None of the listed symptoms have plagued me.

I think fasting, exercise and meditation really help with that.

I think the true test is when I come back to school, the stress level will be noticeably higher, but I think I can manage.

Been drinking a lot of lemon water for the detox as well. I am also more confident and less paranoid. But I'm still a bit impatient in social situations though thats probably not weed related, probably aggravated by withdrawals.

Here's to a crutch-free life.
>>
George Pittwater - Sun, 03 Sep 2017 06:58:41 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504436321785.jpg -(1006500B / 982.91KB, 1128x1707) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29424
About to take a break myself starting today. I've been able to quit many different kinds of drugs before but for some strange reason cannabis is one of the hardest the quit of them all, psychologically speaking of course. I do get those physical symptoms described though and my solution this time is to take these hemp CBD supplements for the first couple days, they're non-psychoactive and will at least keep my endocannabinoid systems from completely being shocked by the sudden cessation of use. Other then that it's just adjusting to not being stoned all the time. It was always easy for me to adjust not being drunk, nodding, on speed all the time after quitting those but with weed it's always somewhat tough, like i find myself thinking (man if i was stoned right now this would be even better) which i don't usually do with other drugs. But over all it wont kill me and i'll feel better after a week or so.
>>
Shit Chobblenan - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:41:14 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29471 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Update 3:

I stopped counting. Weed is not part of my life anymore. I am not addicted anymore. I even had a joint 18 days ago for a bday party. I didn't once crave or seek it the next day. I've successfully become a light occasional user from a daily addicted user. The benefits are great. I have more time to do things. I don't have any aversion to stressful things where I would use weed to escape. I use meditation and exercise as my main forms of destressing. My focus and concentration has increased. I am more present in my life. I speak with confidence and can look people in the eye now. Maybe it wasn't the weed, but the removal of bad habits in my life.

Fasting, eating healthy, working out, keeping a regular meditation schedule, being mindful of my actions and thoughts led to this great imrpovement.
>>
Shit Chobblenan - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:43:45 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29472 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29454
How's your cessation going, anon?
>>
Cyril Blungermene - Sun, 24 Sep 2017 15:49:39 EST ID:E/SbSRkR No.29479 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29471

Been where you are now, but somehow I got addicted again, from once every few weeks to once a week to several times a week until I was smoking several times a day again. Have been tapering myself down for the last few days, just a small pipe last night to help get me to sleep, but tonight I'll stay sober.
When I do it too much the high just starts to suck, I get these weird chest pains and am convinced I'm going to die every time.
How the hell did I get here again, fuck
>>
Hedda Darringmet - Tue, 24 Oct 2017 23:27:28 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29525 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29479
Be mindful dear anon

Whenever you're met with a big temptation to smoke, that means you're progressing and the brain is really really starving and desperate. It will make all sorts of rationalization to break off your commitment. It's a good sign, you just need to not give in.
>>
Priscilla Clonningstetch - Sun, 29 Oct 2017 21:43:59 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29541 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29479
Careful to try and avoid this. I was in similar settis. Stopped smoking for 8 months, things were going great, then Christmas break came along. Where I decided its a good idea to just smoke weed everyday and get high as fuck, for old times sake.

It basically got be back to the routine, and hindered my progress where I became a SWED stoner again for a year until now.

Anyways.... 6 days without weed for me. I think I am starting to improve again, but dont want to jynx anything.

Keep it up, casual smoking is possible of course, but just be mindful if you start to fall back
>>
Doris Mamblesene - Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:42:48 EST ID:gbuZg/D3 No.29551 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Been two weeks now since I last smoked and my appetite still isn't fully back yet. I lost 15% of my bodyweight and I was pretty skinny to start. I never had any problems while smoking weed so my life didn't get any better when I stopped, I just had to stop because I can't risk it or afford it anymore. I wish I could be like one of you people who quit smoking weed and it makes their life magically so much better.
>>
Graham Blackham - Tue, 31 Oct 2017 16:42:05 EST ID:RJ0RYzJt No.29552 Ignore Report Quick Reply
pro-tip to everyone in this thread: n-acetylcysteine 1200mg twice a day will do wonders for weed dependance. u can get it OTC and it basically tricks your body into thinking u smoked more bud than you really did
>>
Edwin Pendlehood - Mon, 06 Nov 2017 02:28:23 EST ID:MXMY5fUr No.29559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29552
How did you discover this? 1200 mg is a large quantity and where I am acetylcysteine is pretty expensive. If it works I feel the cheapest would be to buy in bulk from supplement stores.
>>
John Choffingchone - Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:22:34 EST ID:RJ0RYzJt No.29568 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29559
recommended by my psychiatrist who specializes in addiction but also i googled around and found some research papers that seemed to support it. not to mention my own personal experience, i'll basically start smoking a bowl and after one hit just sorta forget to keep smoking if i'm doing anything even remotely interesting.
>>
Esther Brickleridge - Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:00:33 EST ID:gDALfmHW No.29569 Ignore Report Quick Reply
To everyday smokers of this thread, how many grams of weed did you actually smoke everyday?
>>
Eugene Brommlespear - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:05:54 EST ID:RJ0RYzJt No.29573 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29569
highest was around 2-3 a day
>>
Wesley Brinkinforth - Mon, 20 Nov 2017 09:08:18 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29578 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29569
Solo, A gram a day at most
>>
Jack Beddlehall - Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:33:48 EST ID:bjmPcWtc No.29581 Ignore Report Quick Reply
it's so hard to have appetite or eat ;_;
>>
Fanny Snodway - Sat, 02 Dec 2017 23:50:48 EST ID:/o1kO6rb No.29603 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Been sober for a week. I planned to quit 2 weeks ago but last weekend i fell back. The point was a T-break originally but im considering quiting after smoking the rest of my stash on new years eve. However I also feel tempted to get more weed and simply use it like once a week instead of everyday....
>>
Thomas Gomblefoot - Tue, 19 Dec 2017 12:04:25 EST ID:YAW2U4Gj No.29641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Ran out of money for weed around 3 to 5 days ago. Decided to take a tolerance break but I'm thinking of trying quitting again. I once stopped for 6 to 8 months and it worked fine. Wish me luck guys.
>>
Henry Nickledale - Tue, 19 Dec 2017 13:25:51 EST ID:gbuZg/D3 No.29642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I wish I could get the positive effects that some people mention when they quit. I quit two months ago with a small relapse a few weeks ago and I still don't feel any better. The only upside is I'm not spending all my money on weed.
>>
Edward Shittingcocke - Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:57:16 EST ID:HWAFpMvc No.29645 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29643
It's been three days since I last smoked. I feel a little bit depressed and I'm a bit agitated. But, it'll all be worth it in the end while I stay on my T-break and not slip up. I could buy weed today. But, it would kill the whole point of being on a break.
>>
Frederick Criffingstotch - Mon, 25 Dec 2017 00:15:14 EST ID:yXMCk9uK No.29648 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1514178914341.jpg -(27961B / 27.31KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
BEen sober for a week, it has been harder to fall asleep. Just that, luckily.

Im gonna kill the rest of my stash on new years eve on a massive smoking session. After that? Weed gone for good probably. I dont have any stoner friends anymore and I dont know any dealers. Weed has been a big part of my life for the last 8 years, being a comrade in good and bad time alike. Being the wingman I needed to change many things in my life. I guess im ready to leave the nest without it. I doubt i‘ll come across the good herb ever again.

Merry christmas everyone
>>
Clara Nickleham - Sun, 31 Dec 2017 16:26:48 EST ID:VyZCI4IX No.29674 Ignore Report Quick Reply
How do I deal with rage?
Will taking it out on something help?
>>
Sophie Cuddlestone - Tue, 02 Jan 2018 00:15:44 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29676 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29674

Take benedryl to help with the rage
>>
Emma Bunstone - Sat, 03 Feb 2018 12:09:08 EST ID:J3rc3ObZ No.29719 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29676
I actually tried this the other day, i'm bi-polar and still off medication for a couple weeks, weed is the only other thing that can curb my mood swings and helps me avoid attacks of rage, i was out of weed and wasnt getting any soon so i popped about 4 tabs before work (where i have to be extra careful about my anger issues) and while the feeling wasn't pleasurable i was surprised that the anger and depression actually lifted for most of the day and even at the peak of a frustrating, annoying pile of work bullshit i felt like i couldn't even muster a "god fucking damnit". its good to know thats an option if i dont have anything else
>>
Eliza Gallerbanks - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 15:18:49 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29723 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29642
You'll get there anon.

I'm feeling great nowadays. Have a lot more energy to do things.

What helps also is some caffeine for the groggy days.

I've also noticed after about a month into my cessation I was really really thirsty and hungry for like a week..

Keep at it! Meditation and exercise keeps us straight
>>
Martin Bimblemare - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 11:18:54 EST ID:AYvHN6nn No.29740 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hey guys, I've been off weed for a solid month and a half after 6 years of daily use, I decided to do it cause I was spending too much money and expierencing HARD paranoia.

I do miss weed from time to time but I can definitely go without it. I exercise a lot and keep myself busy. Having said that i'm thinking about smoking a bit again on the weekend. I really dont think ill become a daily user again but im scared it will trigger some of the mental health issues I try to avoid.

Any input?
>>
David Ginderfuck - Wed, 21 Feb 2018 06:20:43 EST ID:lV3U9djZ No.29758 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519212043859.jpg -(52270B / 51.04KB, 403x403) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29740
Former 7 year daily user here. Have now been in on-off relationship with weed for about 1.5 years. When I was still smoking everyday I didn't have any paranoia ever while stoned but after stopping daily use I have noticed sometimes to get really paranoid and panicky if I smoke (to the point I sometimes have to take clonazepam to calm down). So be aware that it can cause some serious paranoia.

Also I know the feeling "I won't be a daily user anymore" thing but be aware, your brains are so hardwired (after long daily use) to consume it daily that even if you don't fall back instantly to everyday blazing, the risk is very high and real. I'm not saying it is not possible but from personal (and from couple of other former weed addicts) experiece, I almost every time consume the herb nonstop until the bag/jar is empty. If I want to find some positive changes ,now I can stop it after 2-5 days of constant use and be without it again for another 7-30 days.

Another thing to consider is the possible mental wd effects after every use period. I have noticed to get really depressed/anxious for about 1-3 days after smoking depending how much I smoked. I don't get anymore the physical symptoms (that were really awful when I stopped daily use), but the mental rollercoaster when using has really changed my mind about myself and cannabis. I don't thing I want to do this for the rest of my life. Now that I finally have good gf and I'm studying something that I really like, the positive effects of weed are smaller and smaller. Also i feel that when I'm high it's not that great anymore. Many times I just feel tired, retarded and hungry. The euforia is 50% of the time completely gone.

I think you should be really mindfull and think why do you really want to smoke weed. Remember that the experience can be complete different now that it was before. If you are willing to the the risks I mentioned above, good luck!
>>
Emma Gillerlock - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:46:08 EST ID:fthwn4rZ No.29766 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29740
Go a day without, another day withouts moking, monday comes, hmm didn't smoke.
No big deal. Buisness as usual.
>>
Sophie Nodgegold - Sat, 24 Feb 2018 04:27:27 EST ID:O2oCWrRB No.29767 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29758
A thousand times this. I've quit several times for varying lengths, and the, ''Oh it's just this one time, i won't go back to being a daily user again'' mentality has fucked me every time. Sometimes i,d immediately go back to frequent use, other times it'd be a slow subtle thing like how I got a heavy weed habit in the first place. In every case it wasn't worth it.

But hey, ymmv.
>>
Jack Ballerstetch - Sun, 25 Feb 2018 09:15:04 EST ID:JMmEkqoO No.29768 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519568104745.png -(217315B / 212.22KB, 593x635) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29569
I go through between an 1.8-5g per week, depending on how much I'm working I guess.

I've had these thoughts for years but I really need to act on them. I need to cut down big time. I smoke every day and if I don't have work I smoke all day. I just love being stoned. But I hate feeling the need to be stoned all the time. I exercise, I play violin, I read, I go out with my friends from time to time, I cook, I work, I play games and watch TV, I occupy myself. But I love doing it stoned. I've even started selling weed so I can cover the costs of smoking all the time and to be honest even though it's very convenient I don't like selling weed. I don't like having to deal with texts and looking after money and going for obliged weekly call ups to my dealer (who is also my friend but still, it's an obligation and sometimes I just don't want to and feel rude for leaving early).

I'm stoned now and kind of going of on a tangent but yeah, I see my mother who is 53 and is seriously addicted to cannabis. She's quite depressed and has lived a difficult life but she goes fucking crazy without it and has driven 70km at 10pm to the town where I live just to get buy some off me. I wanna stop enabling her, as well. She keeps warning me to be careful or else I'll end up like her and I really don't want to.

I just find it hard to enjoy and relax in the evenings when I'm not working if I'm stoned. How the fuck do I ignore the fact that everything is funner when you're baked? Goddamn it. I don't want to quit completely, I just want to cut down significantly and be able to enjoy browsing the internet or playing some games when I'm relaxing after work without needing to be stoned.
>>
Eliza Worthingwater - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:42:01 EST ID:zlY1bwoK No.29770 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1519663321143.jpg -(96808B / 94.54KB, 500x430) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I feel like a pussy admitting this, but weed is/has been the hardest drug for me to quit. This is coming from someone who was strung out on heroin and coke and taking whatever i could get my hands on for five years, before a three year stint in sobriety. While of course going through w/d was horrid, and i would get strong cravings or dreams about using H, it was weed that i missed the most. I was always a daily smoker but since i was doing harder shit it never occured that it could be a problem. Now that i've been smoking again for a year i can say i am fully addicted, as its the only drug i use. I can stay away from everything else just fine but everytime i take a break i go right back to smoking all the time. I've switched to high CBD weed and oil only as a way to mitigate the mental effect its started to have on me, but i know i just need to quit for a while. when im not stoned its difficult for me to focus on tasks, i already forgot what its like to enjoy things without being stoned out of my mind. I have mental health issues that weed helps but also can make worse at the same time. Im hoping that getting on medication will allow me to quit weed without going crazy. Weed seems to numb my emotions in a similar way to opiates, obv not as euphoric and strong, but since it is legal where i live and totally de-stigmitized smoking weed constantly doesn't immediately effect my job or life, but over time it does. I'm rambling but i guess i wanted to say im glad this thread exists, it's hard to talk about cannabis addiction because people have such strong opinions on it. And my own experience doesn't make me think that it should be illegal or even that its super harmful, im glad im not an alcoholic, but still it is amazing how easy it is to justify "well i wanna relax at home anyways so i might as well have weed" over and over even when you know you should be taking a break.
>>
Edwin Chovingford - Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:10:20 EST ID:bmKuR7Oy No.29772 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29723
Now it's been over 4 months. Life still sucks just as much and I wish I was stoned. I think being high just made my life all around more enjoyable and that's why I did it so much and it was so hard to quit. I've been exercising the last 2 months and even doing some meditation although not every day so don't tell me that's the problem. I'm going to give it another couple of months and then start smoking again. A 6 month T break should reset me back to baseline and then I can just smoke every other day. I think if I keep that rule I should be able to keep my brain from getting fried.
>>
Doris Hinkinnudging - Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:53:30 EST ID:O2oCWrRB No.29775 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29770
If you do anything everyday, particularly take a drug everyday, you're brain is going to adapt to that being your natural state (look up neuroplasticity, it's real interesting stuff). As such, when you try and quit, you'll become tempted to return to your ''natural state'' that your brain is now hardwired to. This is why weed addiction is often the hardest thing to quit for some people, because they've been doing it so often, so regularly, and mostly, for so god damned long.

Your best bet, in addition to what you already said you'd do, is to try and do things that will actively reshape your brain into a new baseline; new, daily habits that will help you for the better. This is precisely why so many people on this board advocate exercise and meditation. They both change your brains default chemistry after a sufficiently long period of regular practice, in addition to their well documented and well known anti anxiety anti depressant effects.

That being said, I won't bs you because while ''stop smoking weed, start working out and meditating'' sounds simple, and in a sense, is simple, it's definitely not easy. it's hard work requiring self discipline and self relection and most of all pereverance. Just keep in mind that the longer you do it, the easier it'll get.

Also don't fall for the fatalistic trap of giving in to addiction and depression after a slip up or falling off the wagon. The number 1 most important trait to have when quitting something (or when trying to achieve anything really) is the ability to get back up and try again after failing. Sure some people manage to quit on their first or second try, but you know what? I really question how much of a ''problem', they really had if that's all it took. I've tried quitting stuff countless times before it stuck, and judging by your previous addictions ,I'm sure you've have similar experiences.

I wish you all the best.
>>
Cornelius Monningstene - Wed, 07 Mar 2018 10:14:05 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29783 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Hello
>>
Cornelius Monningstene - Wed, 07 Mar 2018 10:16:27 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29784 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29400
Day 50 and I’m getting hungry all the time
Normal?

I tried fasting for the first 30 days and it’s good. Now my appetite is returning and I’m eating a lot. I guess I will allow it because it’s probably my body coping from lack of dopamine.

Was a 4 year everyday vaper bout a gram or less a day.

I can’t wait for 6 months down the line. I wonder how different things will be...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.