420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Weed Cessation: help and experience welcome by Shit Gebbleford - Mon, 31 Jul 2017 18:51:11 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1501541471440.jpg -(188918B / 184.49KB, 960x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 188918
I'm stopping weed tomorrow completely after 5 years of daily vaping abuse

I was able stop for 50 days before so I know what to expect I had a mixture of the following:

• depression (gray pointless outlook of life )
  • social anxiety
  • lack of humour and timing
  • easily fatigued
  • unable to sleep at times
  • night sweats

I want to lessen these withdrawal symptoms by doing the following:

• find a support group (haven't found one yet)
  • skip rope and bodyweight exercises (already do this)
  • daily meditations and listening to evening dharmas

Any experience for /weed/ who went full sober? I'm sick of weed and I really want to stop it.
Insight from anyone is welcome
>>
Martin Cridgewater - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 01:23:42 EST ID:MUJHzjN4 No.29401 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1501565022323.jpg -(52070B / 50.85KB, 500x377) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This post is a reminder for me to go into more detail tomorrow- I also stopped smoking weed two years ago (am currently 1 month into kicking benzos and alcohol) and I'll share what I experienced. For now, the fact that you're exercising is great (get your diet in check too if its not: lots of veggies and try to cut sugar out as much as you can).

Read up on PAWS (post-acute withdrawal symptoms). I experienced the withdrawal effects that you described, however the real battle with weed (and any other drug for that matter) is PAWS. paws can take anywhere from 6-18months to diminish completely. Best of luck to you
>>
Jenny Punninghidging - Tue, 01 Aug 2017 20:01:29 EST ID:ah7hMXtb No.29402 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29401
Thanks for your words. From what I read I relaxation helps manage PAWS and prevent relapse.
>>
Angus Chorringstock - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 01:40:30 EST ID:G2iYEKXR No.29404 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Pick up some benedryl at your local pharmacy. They will help with the depression/ feelings of shit and sleep

Report back
>>
Ebenezer Brollydotch - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 07:28:12 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29404
So far I've had one restless sleep where I woke up twice every hour for two hours.

I'll try this when it gets really bad.

So far it's been alright. The sleep has only been the majour problem (even before weed)
>>
Nell Finderstone - Thu, 03 Aug 2017 23:46:58 EST ID:/19boi00 No.29411 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29407

I would recommend some kratom. A white strain during the day should help the depression and a red strain at night to help with sleep. You don't need much, a cup of white in the morning, a cup of red at night, 2-3 grams of powdered leaf in each cup of tea. Don't use it daily for more than the first two weeks of withdrawal, but after that you can use it weekly without worrying much about dependence...It won't compensate for the psychological addiction aspect of weed completely if you're anything like me as weed is more psychologically addictive than anything else for some reason but it will act as a nice buffer to get you out of the woods.
>>
Beatrice Honningnit - Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:59:02 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29424 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Update:

Been well over 2 weeks. The symptoms are not so bad. None of the listed symptoms have plagued me.

I think fasting, exercise and meditation really help with that.

I think the true test is when I come back to school, the stress level will be noticeably higher, but I think I can manage.

Been drinking a lot of lemon water for the detox as well. I am also more confident and less paranoid. But I'm still a bit impatient in social situations though thats probably not weed related, probably aggravated by withdrawals.

Here's to a crutch-free life.
>>
George Pittwater - Sun, 03 Sep 2017 06:58:41 EST ID:h+qW62lx No.29454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1504436321785.jpg -(1006500B / 982.91KB, 1128x1707) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29424
About to take a break myself starting today. I've been able to quit many different kinds of drugs before but for some strange reason cannabis is one of the hardest the quit of them all, psychologically speaking of course. I do get those physical symptoms described though and my solution this time is to take these hemp CBD supplements for the first couple days, they're non-psychoactive and will at least keep my endocannabinoid systems from completely being shocked by the sudden cessation of use. Other then that it's just adjusting to not being stoned all the time. It was always easy for me to adjust not being drunk, nodding, on speed all the time after quitting those but with weed it's always somewhat tough, like i find myself thinking (man if i was stoned right now this would be even better) which i don't usually do with other drugs. But over all it wont kill me and i'll feel better after a week or so.
>>
Shit Chobblenan - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:41:14 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29471 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Update 3:

I stopped counting. Weed is not part of my life anymore. I am not addicted anymore. I even had a joint 18 days ago for a bday party. I didn't once crave or seek it the next day. I've successfully become a light occasional user from a daily addicted user. The benefits are great. I have more time to do things. I don't have any aversion to stressful things where I would use weed to escape. I use meditation and exercise as my main forms of destressing. My focus and concentration has increased. I am more present in my life. I speak with confidence and can look people in the eye now. Maybe it wasn't the weed, but the removal of bad habits in my life.

Fasting, eating healthy, working out, keeping a regular meditation schedule, being mindful of my actions and thoughts led to this great imrpovement.
>>
Shit Chobblenan - Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:43:45 EST ID:4ZeJzgZq No.29472 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29454
How's your cessation going, anon?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.