Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Netjester is chatting 24/7 on Twitch and channel subscribers can use his emoticon
Alcohol Abstinence Thread by Caroline Greenridge - Tue, 22 Aug 2017 07:47:47 EST ID:5nT9NWqY No.29436 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1503402467072.jpg -(163907B / 160.07KB, 908x936) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 163907
Greetings /detox/.

After really admitting to myself how badly my alcohol addiction was affecting other aspects of my life, I have made a serious decision to stop usage for a while. I am going to document my journey in this thread to amuse the bored, encourage those who may be dealing with similar problems, and to keep myself focused and honest. If I slip up I will be honest as well.

Little background:
>Duration of alcoholism: 8 years
>Frequency of consumption: 5-7 days per week with no period of abstinence longer than 2 days
>Amount consumed per day: ~7oz of ethanol in an evening
>Affected aspects of life: work, school, relationships, hobbies, mental and physical health

I am currently on my fourth day with no alcohol and I am already seeing and feeling notable improvements in my body and mind. I will go over how each day felt.

>First 24 Hours
By far the worst. Not only from the withdrawals, but the knowledge that booze is not coming any time soon. Sweating, shaking hands, lack of appetite, insomnia, flushed skin, increased blood pressure, irritability, dark and disturbing dreams when sleep comes in fits

>24-48 Hours
The dandruff I started to notice over the past couple of months already looks almost completely cleared up, amazingly, as well as a few pimples on my face. Bloating of abdomen and general system-wide inflammation decreased. Belly size shrunk, clothes fitting looser. Appetite growing. Sleeping still difficult, but less sweating. Occasional faint auditory hallucinations.

>48-72 Hours
Getting more bearable. Starting to feel a tiny glimmer of hope that I can rise out of the hole I have dug. Shits are solid and don't smell sickly sweet. Further decrease in bloating and inflammation. Since digestive system has finally caught a break from continuous processing of toxic poison sludge (I mostly drink 40's containing HFCS), my appetite is extremely strong. Mind fog starting to lift. Almost scared at the resurgent cognition after removing CNS depressant. Like a muffled voice that can finally speak freely, my thoughts are racing almost faster than I can keep up.

>72-96 Hours
This is where I am now. Can't sleep tonight, I'll just pull an all-nighter and crash tomorrow night. After laying in bed awake for a few hours I decided to make this thread. My digestive system feels wonderful. You don't know how nice a solid poop is until you are a truly depraved alcoholic. My mind feels clear. I am looking forward to a nice big nutritious breakfast tomorrow since I won't be hungover and bloated and nibbling on toast. I am no longer perspiring abnormally, and the shakes in my hands are almost 100% gone, I can hold them very still like I used to.

I won't blog this shit every day, but every few days I'll update my detox thread for my own viewing later. Anyone has comments/questions, toss 'em in the thread.
>>
Shitting Pickshaw - Thu, 24 Aug 2017 01:35:04 EST ID:detTgL0H No.29438 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1503552904756.jpg -(124777B / 121.85KB, 1200x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I can't relate to a lot of your beer-specific problems OP, but I'm a recovering vodkaholic also trying to shunt a $300/week coke habit. My typical night saw a 750 of New Amst and some lines. Pic related, when advertising gets too real.

The first week for me literally required tapering (when your heart is going wrong because you didn't drink today, you should probably have a drink. One, not 7, mind...) and trading blow for Rockstar so I could get aaaanything done.

I just finished my first week without a drink as of this morning. I'm now past most of the physical withdrawal of both things, but I still feel seriously depleted like I just got back from Coachella or something. It's getting easier, but I'm definitely not healthy yet.

Biggest motivators for me are lifestyle related. I could probably continue this party cycle till I literally die, but I hit a wall. I looked back at the summer and things I wanted to do, and realized how fucking much I squandered partying hard on the weeknights at local clubs and bars and shit. Literally thousands just this summer, that's a fucking drag. I wanna do much cooler shit. Hell, if I had this under control I could be anywhere in the world having a martini right now. That's my motivation.

But back to where we are now...
Sleep is goddamn impossible, I feel you there. Best of luck. Hope the nightmares aren't horrific, but they prolly are. I lost probably 30 pounds over the last half a year, so I'm eating really intentionally to get that back, but my appetite still sucks.

We got this though, dude. Gonna be so worth it to see the other side.
>>
Nigel Figgledock - Wed, 30 Aug 2017 20:18:22 EST ID:OYtBNURz No.29450 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29436
Not sure what 7oz equals but withdrawawl is certainly dangerous. A trip to an emergency room or some unguent care centers, primary doctor can give you benzos to get you through 3 4 days.
Past 3 days apatite should be fairly good. By 5 days should be back to basic activity. Even
a new found energy to accomplish things.
>>
Lydia Pittwill - Sat, 23 Sep 2017 07:23:46 EST ID:Fyx6fbQl No.29477 Ignore Report Quick Reply
total failure so far guys. haven't had a success as good as the OP since i wrote it. been on the booze about 27 of the past 30 days
>>
Amsterdam - Mon, 25 Sep 2017 00:26:30 EST ID:Hm5eYvHT No.29480 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29477
Also bounced back, but I'm still reduced about 90% from where I was earlier on. Keep at it, we'll get there. Or just switch to better booze so the consequences add up faster LOL.
>>
John Pommlebury - Thu, 28 Sep 2017 22:19:03 EST ID:oF3ykWyb No.29496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Comment>>29436
please don't give up. I'm 26 years old and an alcoholic. I've tried quitting several times and made it 5 days before caving back in. Because im not very social it doesnt effect me much but i do want to stop and be more social and go out more. Maybe seeing you succeed will help motivate me? Since ive already been drinking tonight, ill make it my last night and try to go along with you.
>>
James Pallerlock - Thu, 26 Oct 2017 04:15:33 EST ID:Hm5eYvHT No.29527 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29438
It me, the vodkaholic.
Not without my failures, but things are going ok. I had a pretty bad moment last week and drank a bottle, woke up by the bridge at a homeless camp, hated everything and came too damn close to offing myself...

But it was sorta motivational, reminded me that this is the explicit kind of bullshit I just don't have room for in my life. Making the voices in my head shut the fuck up is why I drink from the get go. I'm trying to believe that eventually I'll get some kinda emotional stability back, but it's gonna take a while. Been basically sober (sans a beer or two) since that incident. Despite taking steps backwards it still feels like I'm making progress, and I still want it bad enough, fortunately.

Good luck fuckers.
>>
James Pallerlock - Thu, 26 Oct 2017 04:15:33 EST ID:Hm5eYvHT No.29528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29438
It me, the vodkaholic.
Not without my failures, but things are going ok. I had a pretty bad moment last week and drank a bottle, woke up by the bridge at a homeless camp, hated everything and came too damn close to offing myself...

But it was sorta motivational, reminded me that this is the explicit kind of bullshit I just don't have room for in my life. Making the voices in my head shut the fuck up is why I drink from the get go. I'm trying to believe that eventually I'll get some kinda emotional stability back, but it's gonna take a while. Been basically sober (sans a beer or two) since that incident. Despite taking steps backwards it still feels like I'm making progress, and I still want it bad enough, fortunately.

Good luck fuckers.
>>
Fucking Blythelock - Sun, 29 Oct 2017 12:01:44 EST ID:zAarJhX4 No.29535 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29528
Medical mj or talk to a doctor

You can quit booze, I did.

Medical professionals were the solution.
>>
composure - Mon, 20 Nov 2017 05:55:23 EST ID:xIPywP6Y No.29577 Ignore Report Quick Reply
you're a mime type

these people are oppressing me by having this limiting presence on my aura
authority, man
fuck that weak in the knees
bleaker than dead trees
hitters only get cheese
when they walk like Gs

instead of drinking, i'm eating stale tortilla chips

i'm def taking it one activity at a time rn
>>
Clara Sabblehun - Sat, 02 Dec 2017 06:04:35 EST ID:L7lDLlKs No.29602 Ignore Report Quick Reply
ive drunken nearly a full handle of vodka in 2 days. I blacked out on the 30th, and i blacked out this evening.

Where am I on the alcoholic spectrum? this is the second time ive guzzled a handle in a months time. Im alone, and i drink happy. I talk to my girlfriend and friends, and i drink more. Im feeling shitty about all sorts of things, and i really dont think i would drink this much if i were left to myself without contact from other people.

was it ever this bad for you?
>>
Molly Navingtot - Tue, 05 Dec 2017 06:11:48 EST ID:G77DQ0hw No.29605 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1512472308974.png -(472576B / 461.50KB, 630x630) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Best way to stop the addiction is the bingemattress method. I used to be a heavy drinker. Like 3 bottles of fortified wine was needed to get proper drunk.
Now Im 8 months clean. Heres what you do.
First, overpay all your bills and stock up on instant foods and distilled water and celtic sea salt (for magnesium and potassium and nutrition) and puke buckets.to put around your mattress. Then binge on booze and smokes, spend all your cash so you can't relapse, have two weeks off responsibilities and stay in bed for two weeks getting up only to use a toilet.
Its gonna be rough as hell and only your strong will will get you through this time of hallucinating, puking, trembling and miserable existance.
My advice is also to use an HDMI cable to connect a laptop to a huge monitor so you can read books and watch movies right next to bed so you arent bored while puking up poison residue.
>>
Nell Babblemot - Tue, 05 Dec 2017 14:43:12 EST ID:L7lDLlKs No.29606 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29605
so you're saying there is no hope?
>>
Shit Crivinggold - Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:11:07 EST ID:G77DQ0hw No.29610 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29606
Hope only thrives in the presence of strong will
>>
Graham Buzzspear - Wed, 06 Dec 2017 15:05:47 EST ID:59u5V4fW No.29611 Ignore Report Quick Reply
3 year alcoholic here. I drink roughly 8 units before I pass out every evening. Longest I lasted w/o alc is 3 days. I plan to quit today for a week just to clear my head. Wish me luck bros. Alcohol is a double edged sword
>>
Cedric Gullerwodging - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:35:01 EST ID:tbDlc7QV No.29612 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29611

Day 1 w/o alcohol. A little shaky. Can’t sleep for shit. Maybe ill take some melatonin tmr night.
>>
Matilda Winnerbin - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:39:58 EST ID:L7lDLlKs No.29613 Ignore Report Quick Reply
just about a week out from my binge, no noticeable withdrawal symptoms, kidneys still hurt. am i fucked friends?
>>
Jack Padgeston - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 17:19:17 EST ID:Evuvx1eS No.29614 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here i have continued to drink an average of 6.5/7 days of the week since the initial post

Hope is lost
>>
Clara Binkintidging - Thu, 07 Dec 2017 17:32:48 EST ID:59u5V4fW No.29615 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29612

Day 2. Still kind of shaky but otherwise not any worse from yesterday. I've been drinking lots of fluids and eating healthy such as lots of carbs, protein, and fruit. Was a little on edge though as I could not fall asleep for the longest time. I had insomnia really bad, couldn't go to sleep til about 4:30 in the morning.

So far other than the shakes and insomnia I haven't had any other serious withdrawals, or cravings for alcohol. I've been smoking weed and hoping that will eventually replace my alcohol habit once I'm out of the clear.
>>
Basil Winderhug - Fri, 08 Dec 2017 07:00:33 EST ID:xIPywP6Y No.29616 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1512734433641.png -(694334B / 678.06KB, 797x532) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29610
ain't need HOPE when you got FAITH
>>
Charles Mucklehall - Mon, 18 Dec 2017 05:03:01 EST ID:wAOaj2ig No.29635 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So I'm on night 3 of not drinking and I'm fucking bored as hell. Usually at this point im 6-8 beers deep which is what I would usually drink a night. I haven't experienced any withdrawals minus a few major cravings at times I would usually drink, but they eventually subside after 20-30 minutes.

Sleeping hasn't been difficult and I actually wake up feeling great rather than groggy and tired. I've been smoking weed to help with periods of cravings and to help eat. I think this time I'm committed to not drinking for at least a month or two because I've trashed my body the last 3 years drinking every day.

I understand that nothing will fill that "void", but I pretty much threw away most of the hobbies I enjoyed when I started drinking so hopefully that will change.
>>
George Bunridge - Wed, 27 Dec 2017 01:09:59 EST ID:Miuyj/+F No.29655 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29614
No dude, that's a setback. It doesn't have to be the end of the line.
Remember back when you were a little kid learning how to walk? Well of course you didn't because you were a fucking baby. This is what happens when you learn how to walk though: You fall flat on your ass, and you get up again. Over and over. Until you stop falling.

Everyone has done this. Fucking up and starting drinking again doesn't mean you can't stop, it just means you have to try again.
>>
Wesley Davinghood - Wed, 27 Dec 2017 14:46:19 EST ID:nkd0pxC0 No.29663 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29614

>>29655 is right, it's not over! Fighting addiction is a really, really difficult thing to do, don't expect yourself to get it perfect right off the bat. Get professional help, talk to someone about this and maybe it'll be easier than doing it on your own. Keep trying, you can do it, it'll be fucking horrendous at times but people have done it before and you are capable of doing it too.

It's not relapsing that sucks, it's giving up. You deserve a good life without addiction. Keep going.
>>
Caroline Hennercocke - Wed, 27 Dec 2017 16:34:23 EST ID:L+zYr+DL No.29664 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29436
>>29663
>>
Simon Haddlecocke - Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:34:29 EST ID:+lQ+oiSH No.29689 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Been drinking around a fifth a day for quite a few years now. Today is 10 days since I have had any alcohol. I still feel like shit but what I really need to know is are the tremors going to get better? They've been getting worse as far as I can tell and it's really starting to affect my job. People notice it and I really don't want to have that talk about my past. I think I can keep going without booze but I'm feeling worse every day now.
>>
Wesley Callerford - Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:59:18 EST ID:EH+26nMR No.29691 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here 5 months later. So far I have drank two 40's every night of this year. Tonight I am going to sum up all my willpower and not consume alcohol. Just gotta make it to 2AM... can't wait to toss and turn all night. If I manage to make it 2 or 3 days I will post my progress...
>>
Cornelius Blackwell - Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:06:17 EST ID:4qxXrqS6 No.29702 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29691
Update us even if you have made it to 2-3 days yet
>>
Ebenezer Dunningmudge - Sun, 28 Jan 2018 17:35:12 EST ID:Kkh2V26L No.29706 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29689
Try to get some benzos, clonazepam is long acting. Librium is mild and I think long acting. These should minimalize the shakes. I had in the past shook soo much pennies would go all over the place at the liquor store counter. They were, have always been cool about it. Haven't shook soo much in a while. Haven't drank for at least a couple if not a few weeks. They should go away I would say
in a week. TAKE VITAMINS, especially B-12 complex. Drinking heavily then stopping, and not having especially thiamine B-12 vitamins can cause a syndrome in the brain that can be permanent damage. Also heavy drinking and suddenly stopping can be dangerous, so that is where benzodiazipines can
actually save one from expiring. Kicking herion or opiates will not kill you but
suddenly stopping alcohol, even with weekly binge drinking can cause you to die. Even benzos for extended periods of time and suddenly stopping and cause you to die. But benzos are what they would give one at a hospital for severe alcohol withdrawawl. Severe ahakes, seeing black spider things auditory hallucinations, basically DTs one should go to an ER, they see this stuff a
lot. But your shakes should stop if you take B-12 vitamins, regardless if you are taking them already.
>>
Samuel Fibblestug - Mon, 05 Feb 2018 15:44:32 EST ID:p+1OPm6K No.29724 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29450
>>A trip to an emergency room or some unguent care centers, primary doctor can give you benzos to get you through 3 4 days.

Just remember this: you should expect to be locked up in (american) detox after they give you benzos and you will get billed out the ass for it in a lot of places, insurance or not. If you can get naltrexone and gabapentin tapering is doable, but there aren't many doctors that prescribe those. Where I live, they dont just hand out benzos in your regular clinic and send you on your way.

If you do just say fuck it and go to a hospital with the shakes you will likely end up in detox in the US, so research which one that clinic refers to if possible, and also get a ride. DO NOT CALL 911 unless you are going to fucking drop dead where you stand or you want a bunch of cops and paramedics hauling you off. I ended up locked up in detox over the dumbest shit once, sober after 8 hours and threatening to sue them.

Shakes and moderate auditory hallucinations are not immediately something to freak out about as long as somebody else is around at all times. My experience has been stuff like thinking your phone is ringing, shit like that for 3 days or so, plus lactic acid and no appetite for a week tops. The hallucinations are all very immediately recognizable, not like trainspotting type shit. Your mileage may vary.
>>
Lillian Perrylock - Thu, 08 Feb 2018 18:47:30 EST ID:EH+26nMR No.29728 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29702

I took one day off a few days ago. Stayed awake all night. Otherwise still drinkin errday of the year so far but I have cut it down to just one 40.
>>
James Pugglehall - Fri, 09 Feb 2018 02:53:51 EST ID:wAOaj2ig No.29729 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518162831948.jpg -(60896B / 59.47KB, 600x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29728
nice man
>>
George Gammershaw - Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:15:31 EST ID:SSy6poVj No.29731 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518261331884.jpg -(86892B / 84.86KB, 855x547) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This thread gives me hope. I'm gonna try detoxing myself with valerian root.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/inner-source/201503/valerian-sleep-and-weaning-anxiety-medications%3famp
"Overall though, the researchers concluded that valerian was well-tolerated, and had a positive effect on withdrawal benzodiazepine use, with no interactions between the two (Poyares et al., 2002)."

Although rehab was pretty fun the first time, idk if it's a good idea to take a month off right now. It's complicated. Plus withdrawal shouldn't be too bad (a- I'm probably still in the moderate dependency classification, b- I have a supportive family). And detox is gonna be infinitely better if I'm surrounded by cats.

I think there's something to this valerian root stuff anyway.
>>
Cornelius Blatherwell - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:32:30 EST ID:J3rc3ObZ No.29737 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518449550948.png -(252345B / 246.43KB, 480x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29731
i never heard of using Valerian to deal with alcohol w/d, though it has definetely helped me sleep when i was getting sober. I would suggest Kava for during the day, as that will have more of an effect on the anxiety issues. Try and find one of those suppliment complexes with kava, GABA, theanine etc in it, that helped me get through opi w/d before, well that and weed but weed can become another crutch if you let it. good luck tho sober life definetely has its perks.
>>
Betsy Blessleputch - Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:17:27 EST ID:BLpw/bxD No.29738 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29728
Try diphenhydramine for sleep. It's not the best but may help, drunk a 24ozer and 50 mgs of sleep aid, allergy tabs are cheap. If not working first night next night would likely work. Don't take over 50mgs of benadryl, diphendramine or you willl have a shitty sleep after 4 hours of sleeping with a dry mouth, needing to drink water every ten minutes.
>>
Edwin Finnerdale - Thu, 15 Feb 2018 17:39:39 EST ID:H5zvl/ea No.29746 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1518734379434.jpg -(25687B / 25.08KB, 720x616) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29436
Thank you for this! I'm a benzo addict first, but with alcohol I'm wanting to cut back to just social. I know the wd symptoms for benz and alcohol can be similar. It's the withdrawal that scares me. What if I pass out and hurt myself? I have no insurance, no savings. What if my anxiety is so bad I can't perform at my job and am forced out? I've thought about telling my bosses that I'm struggling, but again, I can't fucking afford to take weeks off with no pay to go to a facility through the Employee Helpline thing. Plus, then everyone knows your a fucking addict and will find a way to fire you a week after you get back anyway.
Sorry to rant in your thread. Just wanted to say this is awesome, gives me some hope, and keep itbup OP!
>>
Eugene Goodbury - Fri, 16 Feb 2018 14:03:03 EST ID:oGVyIvhg No.29751 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I've got the worst fucking hangover. puking and shaking and shit. I've been drunk for a couple weeks straight, I think. IDK though the time bleeds together. Seriously don't know how long I was drunk, but I know I've done a lot of regrettable shit the past couple months. I've been a fucking toxic child.

I'm stopping. I need to completely abstain for a long time. Then, maybe I can re-learn how to drink? I think after a break, I could learn to drink like a civilized person. Not a fucking savage.
>>
Emma Darrynuck - Sun, 18 Feb 2018 00:46:00 EST ID:vRJPC8Jm No.29755 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29751
Quit for a month as a starting goal. I din't see re-learning to drink casually if you have gotten into the cannot tell between the 6pm dark and the morning 6am darkness. Monday or thursday thing.
>>
Eugene Drirringbury - Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:39:08 EST ID:oGVyIvhg No.29761 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29755
I lasted two days, but I'm making changes. No more drinking by myself. And I'll only drink with people who have brakes. Drinking with another alkie at 10am? Been through that enough. Its fun, but damn. Also, no more drinking for the sole purpose of sleep. That's stupid.

Basically, i gotta only drink when theres a moderating influence around.

Totally abstaining was a stupid drunken idea that wouldnt work. Fuck abstinence.

Has anyone ever tried naltrexone? If you take it before dranking, its supposed to cut down on the cravings so you just drink way less by choice. That seems handy.
>>
Eugene Drirringbury - Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:53:43 EST ID:oGVyIvhg No.29762 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29761
For example: casual drinking with another 2 alchies? We're getting at least a 30 rack. Casual drinking with normal drinkers? Split a 12 pack.
>>
Emma Gillerlock - Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:20:13 EST ID:fthwn4rZ No.29763 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29762
We used to get a twelve pack between 3 of us, or four for a friday saturday night. Just a cool kick back buzz.. Smoke maybe a bit if we had some and just BS about stiuff.

But later it turned into a lot of us turned into getting drunk drinkers. The happy kinda walking home or going to bed thinking about stuff had ended.

Ondnansteron may help, if you have a primary care DR, and insurance would help.
These are like 5 8 dollars a pilll. I have not drank for at least a couple of momths.
Don't or rarely take these pills. Finally understood that the stakes are pretty high
at this pont. Missed many years, oppourtunity. Drinking to sleep. I have been
asleep for too long and oirgot about direction. Plans that are simple but barely
focus on anything that moves me forward, but rather focus on things that
take up all the energy and accomplish nothing. Which is basically drinking.

So Just saying, I know if I do not drink, I am not missing anything. If I do
drink I cannot really accomplish anything and am missing a lot. Years.

So as well to you i hope I can keep away from the stuff. Last year I missed everything.
The year before, and on. Weeks months can go by, doing it not drinking is soo
much easier to deal with, than avoiding everything with drininking.
>>
Archie Turveylock - Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:36:42 EST ID:rYIIdhhG No.29798 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29746
LOL this is me from 5th grade except I did plenty of meth. I honestly cannot name a drug I haven't touched. I can get addicted to stims and benzos but not alcohol. I just hate the taste. Sorry to shitpost in your thread.
>>
Ian Pillerwet - Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:20:12 EST ID:n7VdvLnw No.29811 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here again. Still failed to kick the booze, but I have succeeded in two major changes: drinking less (only one 40 instead of two) and less often (only 3-4 days/week). Considering I was drinking two 40's every single day I consider this a good step toward responsible use. I didn't drink last night and I am going to try to stay dry all the way till Saturday night, which will be my longest break of 2018 if I succeed. I think I can do it. Skin is crawling, face is flushed, dark circles under eyes, BUT I don't have nausea or insomnia so I think it's manageable. When I get the cravings I will just watch Dark Souls playthroughs until it's after 2AM (when places can't sell booze anymore where I live) and then I made it. Wish me luck, I will continue updating on my pathetic struggles. If I make it to day 4 or 5 I will resume my OP style of describing more details and sensations on a timeline.
>>
Fucking Soshfit - Wed, 21 Mar 2018 02:49:33 EST ID:wAOaj2ig No.29812 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29811
good job dude
>>
Lydia Dribberfatch - Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:09:12 EST ID:W/StDoJy No.29820 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29811
You are you're greatest adversary
>>
Jarvis Grandstock - Sat, 24 Mar 2018 01:40:39 EST ID:oGVyIvhg No.29821 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29761
This is me. Fuck abstinence. I'm still drinking an unhealthy amount, but it's way better than before, I think it'll get even better. If it doesn't, I could probably go a couple more decades like this, barring severely unlucky shit.

>>29811
Change is what's important. AA has completely distorted our perspective of addiction. Incremental change isn't valued, and total abstinence is the only accepted answer. That's despite a shitload of actual evidence.
>>
Sophie Grandhall - Sun, 25 Mar 2018 20:05:31 EST ID:uRPtTwg/ No.29823 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29811
/psy/ is that way.

LSD has been waiting for you friend.
>>
Nigel Blummlebanks - Tue, 27 Mar 2018 18:52:57 EST ID:LzVfz4HN No.29827 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1522191177783.jpg -(45802B / 44.73KB, 500x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I posted here earlier whatever
So far I've made minimal success in tapering. I'm still drinking most of the week. Still don't wanna spend a month in rehab. I'm almost 24 hours sober. I will use natural products to help me sleep and chill out the nerves and blood pressure. If I start getting bad shakes my brother can go get me an emergency bottle.

I'm going to AA in an hour. There's a lot of things about it I don't like, but it's pretty much the only thing I haven't tried (as in doing 90 meetings in 90 days and seriously working the steps). They say take what you want and leave the rest, so I'll think of that when somebody says something like "I'm powerless over my life!" (The book says powerless over *alcohol*, jagweed.)
>>
Samuel Blathergold - Wed, 28 Mar 2018 14:35:28 EST ID:9tvz4Hoj No.29828 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1522262128554.jpg -(140038B / 136.76KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29827
It is tricky not to drink. I've been not drinking for 2 days now and feel good. Going to try and not drink ever again. I laugh at the idea now, but i really hate drunk me. Recently I have been having blackouts and physically hurting myself. It's just not fun and never really was fun to drink alcohol for me.
>>
Nicholas Dravingfuck - Fri, 30 Mar 2018 16:00:46 EST ID:n7VdvLnw No.29833 Ignore Report Quick Reply
OP here. Drank every night since my last post. Pathetic. Will try to not fail today.
>>
Doris Pockfoot - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 20:41:13 EST ID:fc/VUtsx No.29845 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29761
For anyone curious, I lurk here when I'm detoxing from vodka and take 50 mg Naltrexone nightly and a shit ton of Gabapentin for it. They work up to a point but can be defeated if you are determined enough. The key for nightly Naltrexone is accountability from somebody that is informed about how it works. It can be hard to say:

>>"Yeah OK watch me take this magical tapering pill and proceed to nurse my liter of vodka. Don't worry I won't enjoy it it's only harm reduction for a month, I'm logging my use, etc."

That's what it takes for me to stay on the shit. You don't really get buzzed from the booze and just feel drowsy and shitty. You will drink less if you follow through and probably smoke/binge eat/jack off less too. Just don't break your foot on that stuff like I did cause you will just have to ride that out with no painkillers. I've also been told you really need to stay on it while totally sober for a long time to really break the habit.

Gabapentin is prescribed with it sometimes where I live. That shit will slow your roll and NOT in a fun way, but it makes sleeping easier and isn't xanax. Also Zoloft, but it won't really do shit till you aren't drinking.
>>
Eliza Bedgeford - Sat, 28 Apr 2018 17:33:41 EST ID:Oz9cRT8I No.29873 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1524951221426.webm [mp4] -(3701465B / 3.53MB, 202x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29845
Update for all those alkies detoxing/tapering:

It seems that it can be done in about a week for me, but only because I crashed at a friend's place or he babysat me at mine. You shouldn't be driving or cooking while tapering anyway. New Naltrexone script starts tomorrow (have to be sure I have been totally dry and zero shakes for a couple days). Have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin which helped a lot.

webm unrelated. Don't be that guy.
>>
Samuel Chunderwater - Fri, 18 May 2018 12:23:59 EST ID:5Vnf/8sL No.29897 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29821
Seriously aa is fucked. I quit booze and put my life together again with medical mj. They wouldn't recommend that. With aa I was suicidal in my parents basement. Medical MJ for a year or two, and I own my condo and work for a large corporation.
>>
Samuel Chunderwater - Fri, 18 May 2018 12:26:44 EST ID:5Vnf/8sL No.29898 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29827
They say take what you want and leave the rest, but all that religion and repetition infects you over time. You take more than you realize. Leave now

Fuck aa
>>
Jenny Ponnerbure - Tue, 22 May 2018 06:46:46 EST ID:24QMH6TA No.29903 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29605
This is a fucking terrible idea. Look up the kindling effect.
The Sick Boy method is not designed for alcohol.
>>
Hugh Dombleworth - Tue, 22 May 2018 12:32:27 EST ID:Oz9cRT8I No.29905 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29903
Can confirm. Do not do this or you are at risk of seizure. If you are dead set on detoxing at home with no benzos you fucking better have somebody around with a case of beer and a car to drive you to the hospital. If you were drinking at Winehouse levels, you will need supervision preparing food, taking a shit, taking a shower, etc.
>>
Sophie Fottingfield - Mon, 28 May 2018 23:49:24 EST ID:qF1DcXKz No.29911 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1527565764502.png -(712839B / 696.13KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>29898
Yeah. I went to a few meetings after that and i was done. I ended up going to detox and going into an outpatient rehab program with actual classes on how to deal with my issues. I'm pretty pleased so far.
>>
Albert Grimford - Tue, 29 May 2018 16:29:04 EST ID:ChQ2K2S4 No.29912 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29911
I went to one of my groups today and it was totally highjacked by a couple of Christian AAfags. I didn't say anything because they were old. I thought about saying Hail Satan every time they said amen. Apparently they had no idea people go to classes like that to get away from AA. In the end I just complained to the counselor about the oldest, preachiest one and she said she'd talk to him.
>>
Simon Bruddlesog - Wed, 06 Jun 2018 09:24:39 EST ID:hVv54rPs No.29937 Ignore Report Quick Reply
There isn’t much of a trick to quitting alchohol except to not do it but let me just remind you that typically for us people, the alchohol itself is only a symptom of other problems like depression and taking it away won’t be a final solution or fix your mental health stuff, but it is a huge step.

The most important thing for me was not to get too depressed if I had a drink, all of people cave and then feel intensely guilty and decide ‘Fuck it’ and go nuts, if you drink a bit then shrug, remind yourself how hard these drugs are to get off, and get right back to where you were, back to quitting
>>
Beatrice Murdwater - Fri, 08 Jun 2018 04:06:57 EST ID:R+b3jx13 No.29940 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1528445217342.jpg -(41591B / 40.62KB, 561x696) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I guess I just want to tell someone what I am going through and I can't tell anyone else, especially not my mother. God I hate what I'm doing to her. I keep imagining her finding me dead or something. Every time I drink I get dumber and fucking dumber. The last two times I've sniffed compressed air... and drank listerine. What the fuck am I doing. I gotta stop, I don't want to die or go blind or become a fucking vegetable because I somehow thought sniffing compressed air while drunk would be fun.

I'm at 48 hours now. God help me I hope I didn't fuck my brain up beyond saving.
>>
Charles Hibblenure - Sat, 30 Jun 2018 20:46:08 EST ID:kDE2sVDK No.29995 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29940
>The last two times I've sniffed compressed air...
wew lad
>>
Simon Meshmuck - Sat, 07 Jul 2018 18:39:34 EST ID:4WKLExzE No.30019 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I am the OP of this thread so far I have drank every day of 2018. I wonder if I can ever stop
>>
Clara Nunderstedge - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 00:34:45 EST ID:HqleU20c No.30024 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531197285314.jpg -(37395B / 36.52KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Why the fuck is drinking so hard to kick? It seems like every day at the same time I get the urge to go out and get the same old 6 pack of pint pabst's and a 22oz of whatever cheap IPA I can find. It's this weird instinct that just seems to hit me that nothing else will satiate. I've got some benzos to help me wean off the booze, but drinking while on them only makes the drunk better...

Regardless, 2 days sober from the booze but I'm worried that the last howevermany years of poly drug abuse have shown me what drug my body crazes the most; and of course it had to be alcohol.
>>
Basil Bunwell - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 06:58:40 EST ID:PQac9IDl No.30026 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30024
Fuck me, I drank a 5th of whiskey and it's 7am now. There goes the 2 days sober. Worst part is that I can still type legibly and I'm not over a toilet. My liver has seen some shit...

Best of luck to all of you other alkies that are trying to dry out. It's tougher than you figure.
>>
Cornelius Dugglehod - Wed, 11 Jul 2018 16:54:30 EST ID:6FvdO/Lk No.30028 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30026
yikes dude you're on a pretty bad path, especially with the benzos involved with drinking
>>
Clara Pittfield - Sat, 21 Jul 2018 06:21:55 EST ID:0q7uyVKP No.30058 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30024
If you drink at the same time, things aren't that bad. Or as bad as it could be.

If two days in not drinking, go for 5. Chomp little pieces of benzo if you start feeling weird.

5 days is good, 7 is better. 10 should feel direction.

Keep on keepin on. I havent drank for more like a month. Or who knows.
I mean heavy drinking for won't say how long but a long time and a lot of booze and $$$
Feel better than ever.
>>
Beatrice Hoffingmidge - Fri, 27 Jul 2018 20:07:54 EST ID:tlKfe1RT No.30066 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30024
I think it must be bacteria in your gut. They say that shit can influence people's personalities and make them crave certain foods. The alcohol feeds yeast or something that literally mind controls you into craving booze. Try just eating nothing but meat and yogurt and drinking nothing but water and kefir for a month and see if it helps.
>>
Molly Siggleway - Sun, 29 Jul 2018 17:35:44 EST ID:2X1ismwx No.30068 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30024
it’s difficult because you’ve formed a strong habit with a rewarding feeling. you have to start doing something else before that time comes and the craving kicks in.
>>
Eliza Dridgehall - Sun, 05 Aug 2018 20:31:55 EST ID:FyjPNss8 No.30077 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30066
>I think it must be bacteria in your gut.
Interesting hypothesis. Maybe it plays a minor role. But I think it's obvious most of it is in the brain. Look up the sinclair method.
>>
Jenny Gabberman - Mon, 13 Aug 2018 00:47:19 EST ID:4WKLExzE No.30093 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30077

it plays a much bigger role than you realize, look into the enteric nervous system aka the "little brain"; also gut flora are being considered by some medical experts to be an actual organ system in and of itself
>>
Henry Pundlebanks - Sat, 18 Aug 2018 11:08:13 EST ID:bTvU4UAH No.30098 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>30066
That's a huge thing, recovery was an awful depression until I also fixed my garbage diet.

Seratonin is made in your gut not your brain. Garbage in and you truly feel like garbage.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.