420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Need a T break but addicted by Rebecca Bunwater - Mon, 30 Apr 2018 23:43:26 EST ID:KGaDbKCF No.29874 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1525146206927.jpg -(143306B / 139.95KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 143306
Ever since I graduated from High School back in 2011 I started smoking weed a lot more often then I used to. I had no job at first so I'd usually only get to smoke if a friend invited me to go out with him and we'd hang until like 1am and it was fun times back when I'd get baked for hours. Eventually I got a job and since I live in California I was able to get a rec to buy weed from clinics so I started smoking even more. I was pretty much smoking weed every day by then and I started to get a tolerance but I never could get myself to take a tolerance break. Currently now I dab wax because of how tolerant I've become and even that isn't working as much, I always end up dabbing a gram of wax in just 2 days. I'm unemployed now because I was working graveyard for 3 years and couldn't take it anymore but I haven't been able to get hired anywhere I've tried. Every time I go without weed or wax my body feels like shit and I have no motivation to do anything and I'm not even sure if I'd be able to work if I ever got a job like this. Not only do I have this addiction but my life is pretty shit as well, I'm 25 and am a kissless virgin with no friends, car, or even a driver's license so I spend every day in my room on my computer and I've gotten burnt out on this lifestyle so its hard to get motivated to do things like play my video games when I don't have any wax.

How do I get myself out of this rut? I want to get rid of this addiction so I can take a tolerance break to completely cleanse my body of all this stored THC so if I ever smoke again I'd get high like I used to in the old days.
>>
George Cungerdutch - Fri, 04 May 2018 01:36:01 EST ID:XBK2T0+M No.29877 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>How do I get myself out of this rut?

Stop getting high dumbass
>>
Eliza Billingfuck - Sat, 05 May 2018 08:09:58 EST ID:RJ0RYzJt No.29878 Ignore Report Quick Reply
well like any drug you gotta taper yourself down. i'd recommend trying n-acetyl cysteine in the mornings to replace your daily wake&bake. smoking in the morning i honestly find fucks with my day the most, plus even after holding off for just most of the day you'll be noticeably more stoned when you smoke at night. usually decreasing the amount of bud you smoke by about 10% a day is a good metric
>>
Nicholas Cheshstune - Mon, 07 May 2018 11:25:38 EST ID:XBK2T0+M No.29880 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>Every time I go without weed or wax my body feels like shit and I have no motivation to do anything and I'm not even sure if I'd be able to work if I ever got a job like this
It can take months to get used to being sober again. You may find that it was clouding your mind and without it you begin to enjoy life again and all your problems vanish, or you may still have a huge hole in your life that you were using weed to fill. If so, you need to find something REAL that makes you love life again(a talent, a hobby, like-minded people, a belief system, etc...) , or you will inevitably go back to the weed or video games 24/7 or whatever.

The transition is not going to be easy especially when you're used to being high all the time. If you can find a way to take some time off by living off your savings, or with family or friends, do it, and use the time WISELY to get sober and find yourself again.

If you don't have this ability then you'll just have to deal with it and figure it out while continuing to work. It's going to extremely hard and you will probably fail, unless you REALLY decide you want the life you've been missing BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. And seriously the video games are going to be your worst enemy because they are what allow years and years to pass by without saying to yourself "enough is enough".

As far as "I can't work without it", then you'd better have some money or somebody to support you because being homeless is a million times worse. Believe me.

> I'm 25 and am a kissless virgin with no friends, car, or even a driver's license
You can either wake up now or have the same problem at 30, then 35, etc and eventually it will be too late. 25 is getting there but it's not too late to save yourself if you act now. You can still live a fulfilling life and as bad as things are you can look back at it one day and think "that's how I used to be".

>cleanse my body of all this stored THC so if I ever smoke again I'd get high like I used to in the old days
You're looking at it wrong. That will never happen again, not in the way you're hoping, not without going sober for several years at least. It was so great because it was a new experience in life. If you're only quitting just so you can reset your tolerance you are going to keep running into the same problems on repeat, going through hell just to get a brief period of happiness. You need to change your mentality. Instead of trying to reset the drugs, reset your life, your mind. You cannot rely on weed for your happiness. You've pretty much burned that bridge forever. Weed never made you happy anyway. It showed you a new way of looking at things but you became reliant on it instead of gaining permanent inspiration. Now it's not even giving you anything because you're so used to it and you rely on it just to function. Quitting weed, for you, will get you much closer to the high you want, than smoking after a tolerance break would, because it will be a new way of experiencing life again.
>>
Nicholas Cheshstune - Mon, 07 May 2018 11:41:26 EST ID:XBK2T0+M No.29881 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29880
And one more thing. When you inevitably decide to smoke again after a tolerance break and think about how amazing it feels and how much it helps you, just remember it will be short-lived and you're setting yourself up for the same exact pattern again unless you can discipline yourself to only do it every once in a while(unlikely if you're the kind of person who is predisposed to getting addicted to it). It can be a useful tool to give you a bit of hope when you're absolutely depressed and have nowhere else to turn, but you have to hold out as long as possible and stop yourself from doing it more than once when you do.

All of this advice comes from experience and because you sound a lot like me. I hope you take it seriously.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.