Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Kirtaner & Spardot's 420chan Wedding

To all guests, live viewers, and our Internet family, THANK YOU.
VODs will be edited soon, we are all so tired.
Wedding Gifts
THC(?) induced psychosis recovery by Nigel Snoddale - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:31:35 EST ID:GTv49qUp No.29947 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1528734695276.jpg -(25846B / 25.24KB, 540x304) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 25846
Four months ago, I was under some stress and was smoking marijuana weekly, despite it giving me panic attacks. I was foolish and uninformed, and I thought that the each joint would lessen the effects of the previous ones.

Then I smoked two joints in succession in a public place. This was followed by crippling panic attacks for two weeks straight, followed by two months of anxiety.

Now, I'd never been the anxious type. Completely calm, stable, pragmatic, emotionless even. I can/could deal with stress. No history of anything similar in either me or my family. The weed single-handedly triggered all this. Some dormant brain reaction, lurking, waiting for me to be fucking stupid enough to allow it to surface again and again, until it finally takes over completely.

I'd never dealt with anything even remotely similar, so it fucked me up. I felt like a toddler getting blindsided with a tire iron. In the first two weeks, during the panic, I completely lost touch with my old self, while in the following months I was trying to scramble my personality back together. Disorganized, strange thoughts, depersonalization, etc. It still feels like my IQ's dropped by 10 points.

I found this study about people recovering from what I'd experienced - substance-induced psychosis with no prior diagnosis of a psychotic illness. The outcomes weren't... hopeful:

>For this study, the investigators reviewed the long-term outcomes of all persons who received a diagnosis of substance-induced psychosis between 1994 and 2014 and had no prior diagnosis of a psychotic illness — a group of over 6,700 people. The diagnosis of drug-induced psychosis required symptoms lasting at least 48 hours — linked to intoxication with or withdrawal from the drug.

>Over a twenty-year follow-up period, about 41 percent of those who had a psychotic reaction to marijuana developed schizophrenia, and 47 percent developed either schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. About half of those who developed schizophrenia did so within 3.1 years, and half of those who developed bipolar disorder did so within 4.4 years.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/demystifying-psychiatry/201801/acute-marijuana-induced-psychosis-may-predict-future-illness

WHAT? That leaves just 12% of people that *did* recover? Could I be one of those? I definitely don't have schizophrenia and I don't think I have BPD either, but I'm still depressed, anxious and feel different.

Post any similar stories/advice ITT
>>
Nigel Snoddale - Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:35:48 EST ID:GTv49qUp No.29948 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Also, I'm not sure if this is the proper board for this. Would I get better answers on /weed/?
>>
Hamilton Clebbleham - Thu, 05 Jul 2018 14:34:25 EST ID:Tkla8QZl No.30013 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29948
you're on the right(est) board you can get. /weed/ will just be in denial and ridicule you for it.
>>
Barnaby Hugglestock - Tue, 17 Jul 2018 18:33:59 EST ID:J1eaXtK+ No.30047 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Same thing happened to me. Treat the anxiety and stay away from weed. Try some benzos or alcohol (obviously not together) to deal with the physical effects from the anxiety, try meditation or exercise, and/or see a professional about your anxiety.
>>
Hannah Brirringnag - Fri, 10 Aug 2018 20:13:56 EST ID:fna5DMYG No.30090 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>29947
I have BPD and I was mentally stable until the age of around 16 or 17. Started smoking weed at 11 and heavy dxm use through highschool plus all the other drugs I put into my body, years laterI'm doing much better, but I have to manage my mental health strenuously, bedtime eating healthy meditation prayer the whole works. Weed makes me paranoid and anxous now, also get bad anxiety for small things and sometime for no reason at all.... i always thought it was the dxm but looks like weed played a part too

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.