>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

penis pump

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
mental disorders survey by Martin Worthingdock - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 02:47:36 EST ID:CKXLlmWN No.352030 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487922456934.png -(932527B / 910.67KB, 669x669) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 932527
Hey /dis/, I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of people use dissos and for what reasons. Not tryna start a tumblr circlejerk but I am interested to see if there are any patterns. If you'd like to take the time to answer these questions, I'd be really grateful!

>1. Do you have any mental disorders? If so, what are they? (please specify if diagnosed by a doctor or by yourself)
>2. Do you consciously use dissos to cope with your disorders?
>3. How have dissos affected your condition(s)?
>4. Have you ever gotten rid of a mental disorder or developed one by using dissos?
>5. How are you doing right now?
>>
Fuck Mallerhotch - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 07:01:06 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352031 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487937666980.jpg -(177353B / 173.20KB, 375x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>1. Do you have any mental disorders? If so, what are they? (please specify if diagnosed by a doctor or by yourself): previously: depression, bulimia current: social anxiety, drug addiction (all diagnosed) scored borderline on a borderline personality disorder but not quite there, though i definitely have issues with a lot of those traits

>2. Do you consciously use dissos to cope with your disorders? = yes, but it triggers really bad anxiety and depression a day or 2 after afterglow

>3. How have dissos affected your condition(s)? = What I just said, and chronic abuse puts me in a really overemotional, unfocused depressed anxious paranoid state

>4. Have you ever gotten rid of a mental disorder or developed one by using dissos? = just worsened my anxiety, depression and personality issues

>5. How are you doing right now? = not too bad, fucked up my 5 months sobriety and feeling like my use is creeping back up and making my new life/job harder, but it's been a lot worst before. came really close to buying 20g of powder dxm this week but that's when shit gets REALLY bad for me because i have no self-control and i literally feel like a prisoner of that shit, so the fact i managed to stay away is great, though i know i'll end up spending money on garbage otc stuff that wrecks my gut and stomach, but at the same time, its less accessible and harder to dose so it makes me do less DXM...

abused mxe back in 2012 too, though i havent touched RC dis in a while. got D-Ket coming in the mail though lol...
>>
Nicholas Blondlenere - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 08:56:56 EST ID:WAkYssDf No.352035 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>1. Do you have any mental disorders? If so, what are they? (please specify if diagnosed by a doctor or by yourself)
I've had depression for years. The heavy, numb and dead inside kind with a lot of avoidant anxiety, too, but I've since put it into submission with vitamins, supplements, foods, and cutting excessive/constant weed and alcohol use out of my life.. which was only making it worse. Other than that, nope. I'm just sort of socially distant introvert besides that.

I did somewhat, but I was using them mostly for the same reason people use psychedelics, for exploration and digging into myself. They helped me clear away the cloudiness and see the clearer picture.

DXM actually helped a lot in getting my brain into a positive state while fighting with making the changes I listed above. I've been able to understand positivity better and am more able to hold onto it while sober.

>4. Have you ever gotten rid of a mental disorder or developed one by using dissos?
Yes, somewhat.. as I just said. It was definitely a good tool for me.. but other actions/changes were needed to be taken alongside of the use.

I'm dandy. I enjoy things I was unable to when depressed. I can concentrate better. My enthusiasm is back. I simply feel normal. Even my bad days are better.

Again, DXM was merely a tool I used while making other changes.. Those changes were very difficult to stay motivated with while sober and depressed. I couldn't be positive or even feel pleasure without being high or drunk. I don't think I'd have been able to do it otherwise and would have remained stagnating in depression and cynical negativity.

I'm using DXM less and less nowadays, and am honestly inching towards not even using it at all. The last time was 2 weeks ago out of boredom and it hardly affected me. I went through 2000 mg in a day and it just felt like I'd drained the well dry already.
>>
Eugene Grimspear - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 12:56:01 EST ID:N9VJVBnT No.352036 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
> 1. Do you have any mental disorders? If so, what are they? (please specify if diagnosed by a doctor or by yourself)
Diagnosed by various doctors over the years: Bipolar Disorder type 2, Borderline Personality Disorder, General Anxiety and ADHD. As for self-diagnosed, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the above diagnoses. They all have pieces of accuracy, but it feels more like a melting pot of all the various symptoms of each disorder, without necessarily being distinct. They're all woven together, so each one affects the others. The only thing I might add is that I might be on the very beginning side of the autism spectrum; with maybe a hint of Shizotypal Personality Disorder sprinkled on top. But it's all just a mess of generally being an unbalanced person.
> 2. Do you consciously use dissos to cope with your disorders?
Yes. Most dissos help incredibly with the depressive side of the Bipolar. They help with social anxiety (at low doses). They smooth out the quick mood switches of BPD. They help me be more empathetic, and less apathetic.
> 3. How have dissos affected your condition(s)?
It's most noticeable with DXM. If I binge on DXM, sooner or later I'll flip into a hypomanic phase. It's happened with MXE and DXK too, but DXM has done it the most often. The afterglow just sort of overflows until I feel like I'm on top of the world.
> 4. Have you ever gotten rid of a mental disorder or developed one by using dissos?
Ummm. The schizotypal shit probably was/is exacerbated by the /dis/ use. As long as I take breaks it doesn't get too bad, but if I binge I start to think some weird shit, and not just weird /dis/ thoughts; like my brain starts to practically vibrate from inability to control or contain itself. It feels like it's about to fall apart.
> 5. How are you doing right now?
Aight. I've been without /dis/ for almost 3 weeks now. I'm dying for my next order of DCK to get here in the mail. It's killin me. Just a few more days now...
>>
Jack Wuggleforth - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 13:38:18 EST ID:jdPSnDMA No.352039 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352035
you make me want to try DXM
I've never tried anything besides weed but I've been depressed for so long that I'm getting desperate
>>
Fuck Mallerhotch - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:03:46 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352047 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487973826980.png -(180765B / 176.53KB, 422x352) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352036

I don't think that anon's experience is wrong, but as the first anon (who apparently fucked up her formatting) this can be very risky, especially if you have an addictive personality. Personally, I've been addicted on and off to DXM and drugs for 10 years (DXM is def my drug of choice though, I liked it even more than MXE at the time when the good shit was around, though MXE sure was amazing too and easier to take, no nausea etc) and I used to convince myself that it made me see the beautiful things in life, that it made me understand people and emotions and everything. Perhaps it's a bit true, but any positive effect the drug might have had on my psyche and attitude towards the world was way overshadowed by how much my use fucked up the rest of my life and relationships. I don't know to what extent my DXM uses interacts with my SSRI or if this would happen anyway, but too much DXM in too short an amount of time really makes me lose my shit emotionally and I become an oversensitive, depressed anxious paranoid mess while I'm usually okay at least 80% of the time if I don't use. (But I don't cuz that's not how addictions work)
>>
Fuck Mallerhotch - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:05:19 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352048 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487973919980.png -(425164B / 415.20KB, 855x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352047
i mean i don't don't use lol, double negative
>>
Samuel Hurringhood - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:08:50 EST ID:s4TQgvVa No.352049 Ignore Report Quick Reply

I might be a psychopath. I have constant intrusive thoughts of insects due to OCD which fucked with my DXM trips and sexuality. I have friends that I know from the internet but my daily life is runescape and facebook shitpost chatting, so i might be a sperg or at least have sperg traits, I also sometimes feel violent urges towards women which are incorporated into my sexuality. very violent :).

i use dxm because normal drugs arent good enough for me. crack and heroin get you hjigh but there's nothing interesting about it, i love runescape and i feel like im in a video game completing a destiny when i trip on dxm.

im not sure if its just my personality or the drugs but i'd get extremely agitated over anythingg that could produce any amount of pleasure. feeling so empty that the first thing is to chug an energy drink, swallow tumeric and black pepper, fish oil from the dollar tree 10 grams. i woul crave anything even if it was just a placebo,

i was tripping on nutmeg and dxm one time and my mental imagery wasery vivid, i was imagining having sex with dead girls puke blood shit etc and i thought of a cockroach crawling into an autistic girk's pussy and eating her organs and fapped to it and it destroyed my mind,.

trying to block out the intrustive thoughts the dxm augmented ocd crated of insects and on 2.5grams of dxm polstirex
>>
Hedda Pugglefoot - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 20:03:15 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352050 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487984595672.jpg -(92801B / 90.63KB, 470x696) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352049

hey man, does your mental feel this weird even sober for a long time lol? because i'm a fujoshit who likes shotacon and stuff, but i totally drove myself into pedophilic OCD and convinced myself i was a pedophile and would rape kids or something if left around them when i abused DXM heavily and once i dropped that shit for a while, i realized that it was entirely paranoia and in my head.

i mean you might really be a psychopath too, i dont know you, but i get off dismemberement, death and rape and vomit and shit and I'm a good nice girl who would never hurt anyone lol, your kink doesn't mean you are sick!
>>
Cyril Billingstone - Fri, 24 Feb 2017 22:47:41 EST ID:wB5Nw46s No.352054 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1487994461631.jpg -(420920B / 411.05KB, 900x564) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Bipolar II Self-Diagnosed. Neuro undergrad, I understand the inaccuracy of self-diagnoses, but I refuse to have anything listed on my medical record. It's just that after comparing years of my journal entries against the BPII criteria, it's the most convenient label I can give myself
Yes
No matter what stage of my cycle I'm in, I can always count on the fact that a couple disso sesh's will send me back to hypo. Which is so much better than endless months of depression. I don't always have access, but when I do, it's a 4 sure cure <3
Can't just use them all the time though. But when they're around, its such a effortless change from Winter to Spring! I haven't been able to try consistent dosing every few weeks to see if it would actually stablize my mood.
You could argue that it gives me mania, or alleviates depression. Those are just symptoms it can treat though, it doesn't ever get rid of the underlying mood disorder
Just switched into hypo recently. Had suicidal thoughts last week. And now I'm king of the world. I think this is one of those weird times where dissociatives and my cycles lined up. Because they came to me right as I was at my worst.
>>
Phyllis Worthingdock - Sat, 25 Feb 2017 01:13:26 EST ID:la5626J9 No.352059 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488003206477.jpg -(15425B / 15.06KB, 225x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
  1. yep, generalized anxiety disorder and depression.
  2. yep, thats why I take dissos in the first place.
  3. they help a lot when I'm on them, and have helped me get myself into a better place in life in general. i also used to get really bad problems with intrustive thoughts before i tried dissos and i was a bit suicidal, but I havent had them since I first tried dissos even when sober. however, im not sure if the dissos helped or if i just got lucky. i've started getting them more recently though, so i dunno whats up with that. perhaps my tol has got too monsterous or my luck has run out
  4. pretty terrible and out of dissos

>>352050
>hey man, does your mental feel this weird even sober for a long time lol? because i'm a fujoshit who likes shotacon and stuff, but i totally drove myself into pedophilic OCD and convinced myself i was a pedophile and would rape kids or something if left around them when i abused DXM heavily and once i dropped that shit for a while, i realized that it was entirely paranoia and in my head.
heh i did that way back in highschool before I'd ever tried drugs.
>>
Henry Hungerstig - Sat, 25 Feb 2017 02:18:55 EST ID:Hgrub7mV No.352060 Ignore Report Quick Reply
these seem fake
>>
Jenny Chisslekot - Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:11:26 EST ID:WAkYssDf No.352061 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488035486491.png -(378813B / 369.93KB, 500x378) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352039
It's worth a go. The first few times are incredibly amazing, but please.. don't rely on it to cure you. It may feel like it has/is, but it won't.. That's where you'll feel things turning around on you and you'll end up more depressed than before. I used it quite a bit for 3 months, but then tapered off as I began to feel happier and physically better while doing other things to fix myself. As I said, it was merely a tool to keep me above water while I made the changes in my life like eating healthier, quitting excessive pot and alcohol use, taking supplements/vitamins to bring up my various deficiencies, and started getting more sunlight and exercise.

Also, something that REALLY helped me out. A year before I decided to use DXM again, I was still super depressed and started taking measures to limit fluoride intake in order to clean out my pineal gland.. Aside from the spiritual hippie shit you can experience through it, it's just better to have it clean in general due to it regulating hormones like serotonin and melatonin, and overall balance in the body. I noticed a difference after a year of drinking specific bottled water and using specific toothpaste, and even more so with diet changes and supplements. Things like turmeric can clean it out along with not over-eating meat. I'm no vegan, so I won't preach that shit.

tl;dr Take DXM in moderation to maintain a positive attitude and happiness while at the same time making immediate changes to your lifestyle through eating healthy takin' yer vitamins/supplements, and getting more exercise and sun. Then slow down or quit the DXM. Strive for positivity. Remember to breath deep and breath often.
Optional: Dabble in spirituality and find peace with inevitable death because you're an eternal being... You may have an awakening anyways when using DXM. I did. It was no different from one experienced through meditation.
>>
Hedda Pugglefoot - Sat, 25 Feb 2017 16:09:38 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352066 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488056978672.png -(933785B / 911.90KB, 952x533) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352060

Not really. You underestimate how strange the human psyche can be and how much more fucked up drugs can make it. What sounds fake about it?
>>
Simon Cirringlutch - Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:02:51 EST ID:hZrnhZam No.352109 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
  1. Major Depressive Disorder (diagnosed by a counselor when I was 13 or so) and then a host of anxiety disorders. Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder (diagnosed by a psychiatrist when I was 18). The depression comes and goes. I'm never debilitated by depression or anything. Anxiety though? That's a different story.

2. Eh, sort of. I don't take dissociatives very often, but when I do it's usually a spur of the moment thing. Beyond that, I've always enjoyed the afterglow of certain /dis/. The mood lift is great, but I don't use that to help any depressive symptoms. /dis/ does next to nothing for my anxiety.

3. I think some /dis/ experiences have led to mild depersonalization on their own and had been worse when I was taking psychedelics more often. My social anxiety tends to be a bit higher than usual when the afterglow wears off.

4. Nope. Helped depression, but it didn't get "rid" of it

5. Decent, but stressed. Bogged down with schoolwork and trying to get this relationship off the ground with a doctoral student in my program.
>>
Albert Ponderman - Mon, 27 Feb 2017 01:29:55 EST ID:g0mx3l9Q No.352117 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
no to questions 1-4. It feels like dissos have made me more creative. That's part of the reason I use them, otherwise just for the combo of euphoria and the wonder of the beautiful visuals
>>
Isabella Nuddlekire - Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:07:37 EST ID:1pV1R1co No.352118 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488193657188.jpg -(363045B / 354.54KB, 1600x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I don't think so, and people close to me don't think so either. I've never had any councelling or diagnosed anything.

I felt traumatized by last break up, because this one made me unable to sleep properly, which was new. I had to start using sleeping aids to be able to get rest and not feel like dying from insomnia. I was actually thinking about getting an apointment for some help. I knew it's natural and I'd get over it eventually, but I wanted to speed up the process. Insomnia combined with bad feelings was horrible and felt very unwell. I had a holiday luckily and went on DXM "trips" for a few times, which was a new substance to me. Extracted from cough medicine and doses increased over time, starting carefully.

I found it suprisingly therapeutic. During the high, besides feeling relaxed and some interesting aural and visual changes in perception, I was able to strongly feel and think about my situation differently. Really feeling of giving up, getting back on my feet and healing and not just thinking about it in theory. I think it really helped, like self-therapy of sorts. I had the day afters and it took a couple of weeks to get totally back from the use, but I think it was worth it.

I don't feel traumatized by the break up anymore and I have been also able to sleep without aids for a long time. What helped me in the end was me, but I think DXM experiences made it happen faster.

Everything is well and normally.
>>
Shit Debberwotch - Mon, 27 Feb 2017 06:33:16 EST ID:NErY6CAk No.352120 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488195196169.jpg -(72994B / 71.28KB, 448x352) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>1. sensory modulation disorder. hypersensitive. intense generalized and social anxiety. strong IQ with the exception of very poor processing speed. all diagnosed.
>2. yes, have done so intentionally for over half a decade, unintentionally for close to a decade.
>3. relief. sweet relief. i feel slightly impaired, like i'm not quite running 100%, but running at 100% for long periods of time overwhelms me and is unhealthy and scary, i burn bridges and turn into a shut-in. low dose is functional relief, high dose is bliss, releasing me from all my problems.
>4. no and no. i've learned of disorders that i have from the community though. i always had 24/7 visual snow, but didn't know that was abnormal until talking about it in a thread on here like 8 years ago
>5. pretty good. the anxiety and such has caused me to take a long time to figure out what i'm doing with my life, but i think i'm finally getting into the rhythm of being a self sufficient adult. work is stressful, but I think it's the stress i want, the stress that fits me, i just need to get better at rolling with the punches.
>6. 26yo
>>
Lydia Sacklesire - Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:22:59 EST ID:c877Fw88 No.352121 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I think I have depression, but never got it diagnosed because fuck it. I got really anxious and a little bipolar-feeling(emotional up and down cycles) when I was doing dxm every night for almost a year. And really violent intrusive thoughs. Luckily I never had a psychotic break or anything like that. All of that jazz cleared up when I stopped.
Not consciously, but it did help. All the beer I drank after my 9 month binge did not help.
Made me feel good. Made me feel real good. Then shit hit the fan and opened up a world of shits hitting fans.
Doubt it. I'm nearing my 3 months sober marker, and I feel back to normal aside from feeling slightly depressed. I'm pretty sure starting this new job next week will help with that.
Great. I've been dating an amazing guy for 3 years now, I have a job interview this afternoon, my sleep cycle isn't completelt ruined, and I can remember the day of the week again. Far as I'm concerned, life is alright.
>>
Graham Goodhall - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 19:46:26 EST ID:gRdywvo3 No.352210 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488501986114.jpg -(59573B / 58.18KB, 500x432) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

After denying it and being misdiagnosed, eventually self-diagnosed narcissistic personality disorder, which was only recently agreed with by doctors and a counsellor

I used to do so heavily and very consistently, taking seconds and thirds multiple times a week so I could constantly ride on the afterglow. I still occasionally take 1st to 2nd plateaus (can't even physically reach 3rd+ anymore) and it is to self medicate, because at the core of NPD is self loathing and dissociatives make it easier to forget past hurts and awkwardness, able to just be open without hesitating and then ruminating over it. "Open" as in disinhibited by a drug, I feel like I could easily always struggle socially either without it or without legitimate therapy.

Allowed me to look at it more objectively and identify some of the patterns I fall into, even though it does little to actually change the ingrained, conditioned behaviours. I don't know how but DXM definitely stacked upon certain aspects of my personality such as being somewhat aloof, abstract in spoken communication and animated

>4. Have you ever gotten rid of a mental disorder or developed one by using
dissos?

That's an interesting question that I'm not sure someone could flat out say 'yes' to, in all honesty. It helped me with some aspects but unlike psychedelics, it aggravated other things. For example, experiences of self-awareness, empathy for your fellow human and oneness can be a healing experience for someone with a personality disorder, but dissociation, abstract thought and serotonergic euphoria can develop into grandiose, manic and even quite literally psychotic symptoms that last longer than the drugs are in your system

Ok, I take antidepressants for a more stable form of the benefits DXM gave me, without the erratic highs and weird middles, and also try to smoke a lot of weed to stay calm and slow down as opposed to antipsychotics or anxiety medication. I haven't hurt myself/others, gotten into trouble with the law or gotten my ass kicked in a while so I think it's actually working
>>
Ebenezer Drindlehan - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 19:48:48 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.352211 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
  1. ADHD, diagnosed by a doctor. Suspected Bipolar, on the table because family medical history and symptom overlap. I've also had two Traumatic Brain Injuries that have contributed significantly to everything.

2. I used to for about 4 years, I've since stopped, using dissociatives maybe once every two or three months.

3. It's fucked my already fucked memory (mostly due to brain injury) and for a while it contributed to mood dysregulation. I took them mostly because they allowed me to feel emotions again, because after the initial head injury and period of intense depression for the first two years, I've basically lost the ability to feel.

4. Gotten rid of any? Fuck no. If you want to call acute psychosis a mental disorder, then yeah, I've had 7 psychotic breaks and 6 were to do with dissociatives.

5. Better than I was when I was deep in the shit. Learning to cope with trying to remain sober. Not being able to form emotional attachments to things or feel or express emotions properly bothered me a lot for some time but I've since learned to deal with it, so I'm doing alright.
>>
Graham Goodhall - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 19:54:39 EST ID:gRdywvo3 No.352212 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352210

btw, when I say

>unlike psychedelics

I mean that I've personally only ever had constructive experiences with psychedelics. Didn't mean to imply that grandiosity and psychosis and whatever couldn't occur with other drugs but /dis/ seems to really predispose people to that sort of reaction and that seemed to be the case with me. nb
>>
Ebenezer Drindlehan - Thu, 02 Mar 2017 19:54:41 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.352213 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352211
Oh yeah I forgot I got tested for cognitive impairment by the state for some program and I got diagnosed with Mild Cognitive Impairment too (not as, uh, "mild" as they make it sound--the next diagnosis after it is dementia).
>>
Doris Sunnerworth - Fri, 03 Mar 2017 22:03:59 EST ID:UffUqlIA No.352246 Ignore Report Quick Reply
No, I am a perfectly normal human being and anyone who wants to prove otherwise would have to violate HIPAA first and then survive the frivolous lawsuits
What disorders you NSA spook
is "dissos" common parlance or have you been reading my chat messages again
Yes, ayy lmao'd on MK801
Pretty good, just organizing my spellbooks
>>
Doris Sunnerworth - Fri, 03 Mar 2017 22:15:55 EST ID:UffUqlIA No.352248 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352246
well maybe not lawsuits, more like a series of increasingly bizarre and vaguely threatening incidents
>>
Isabella Tillingham - Fri, 03 Mar 2017 23:52:43 EST ID:i2CTyic1 No.352258 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>1. HAD GAD and later Major depressive disorder. Both sucked and both are now totally gone thanks to anti depressants and a shit ton of patients. (which I'm no longer on).

I did, with anxiety, definitely. Never in public but the effects carried over into my daily life.

They made me chill out and see the beauty in life. A few bad trips also fucked me over bigtime with anxiety. So good and bad over a long period.

They helped.

Fucking amazing.
>>
Molly Gemmlewater - Sun, 05 Mar 2017 03:44:04 EST ID:fTQnMToi No.352292 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1.major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, professionally diagnosed

2.I used to self medicate with dis and other drugs, but mostly dis, back when I was not diagnosed but suspected something is wrong

3.they seemed to help but it was clearly a delusion and in the long run not only did I become extremely addicted, but symptoms of mdd and gad significantly increased

4.of course not, it only made them much worse, see above

5. laid off antidepressants, continuing cognitive behavioural therapy, staying away from literally everything including caffeine
>>
Nathaniel Fidgechock - Sun, 05 Mar 2017 05:23:13 EST ID:dmalvu7X No.352295 Ignore Report Quick Reply
  1. I've always felt like I have some minor form of autism, but I've never been diagnosed.
2.No.
3.If we're talking about just normal conditions, then positively, I guess. I've learned to accept that my life or any other human life has no objective meaning. We're all just here as self-aware animals, and we'll all die as literally every other creature on this planet has.
4. I feel like DXM has developed some minor from of a mental disorder in me. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is, though.
5. I'm doing good, anon. Doing very good, actually. Thanks for asking. <3
>>
Cedric Drondlefoot - Sun, 05 Mar 2017 08:14:35 EST ID:hEgPNxO4 No.352304 Ignore Report Quick Reply
ADHD and ASPD diagnosed by 2 different psychiatrists independently, years apart. I also came to these conclusion myself though
No
Probably worsened my ADHD and "healed" my ASPD
I had the Truman show delusion during a month long DXM binge once
Fantastic. Still have those disorders though, but I manage
>>
Isabella Hungerdit - Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:52:41 EST ID:167akr9i No.352338 Ignore Report Quick Reply
-Major Depressive Disorder, OCD, Social Phobia, all diagnosed
-No, not really. I've never experimented with the antidepressant effects of microdoses. I suppose you could say I use them to cope, like I would use any other recreational drug.
-Not at all, as far as I can tell.
-No.
-Mentally, I'm okay. My life is kind of a mess, though.
>>
Cedric Siffingstug - Mon, 06 Mar 2017 11:45:10 EST ID:eRvubrtP No.352344 Ignore Report Quick Reply

Diagnosed with ADHD, MDD and GAD. I suspect I also probably have a personality disorder of some sort or somthing.

Yes.

Daily use will end up worsening them, but consistent, regular use has benefitted me mentally. Depression, anxiety, paranoia, etc are all significantly lower than usual when I am doing so.

No.

I'm okay I guess.
>>
Ebenezer Wecklelud - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 15:15:35 EST ID:m17pIE0U No.352393 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Not officially diagnosed, but I'm a pretty sure I'm on the spectrum.
No, I consciously use dxm because it's fun. If it makes me more sociable and empathetic, that's just a plus.
I have a general dislike of people, with a few exceptions. While I'm high, even just low dosages, I like people more.
You don't get rid of mental disorders.
Stone cold sober, doing fine, just came to /dis/ to ask a question and ended up posting here.

On that note, I was thinking of trying the dxm cold water extract of poly. I don't have time for it to dry under a heat lamp. Has anyone tried setting it on a nonstick frying pan on super low heat until it dries, then scraping it off to put in caps?
>>
Hannah Drezzlewell - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:06:38 EST ID:L+c6+Xvv No.352400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488927998672.jpg -(594175B / 580.25KB, 892x1312) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352030
Major depresssive disorder, Gender identity disorder, Attention deficit disorder inattentive type (diagnosed by doctors)
Yes, it feels like it takes me to a place where I sometimes have the ability to "fix" things and feel at peace even after the experience.
I can't say if they have or haven't.
I can't say. I think they haven't changed things very much.
I hate the world I'm in and I'm tired of living but I don't want to die yet. I feel "stuck".
>>
Shit Bashham - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:47:19 EST ID:YZHqAkXU No.352410 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1488930439236.png -(429274B / 419.21KB, 1000x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.

Schizoaffective Disorder (more or less officially diagnosed). I was also diagnosed as being autistic in my teens, but that was bullshit.

Definitely. My emotions usually get too intense to deal with while sober, although recently I've found that DXM only makes it worse now. Back when I was drinking alcohol every day, it didn't make it worse at all. Well, it probably would have if I was also using DXM every day, which I have wisely never done.

I think that in the beginning, they provided me a release from my constant trauma, but now, I really feel that they make things worse, or at least DXM does. I'm trying to find another drug that won't fuck with me so much.

No.

Well, I'm not an alcoholic anymore and I still enjoy being alive. If I like being alive, things are at least tolerable, I think. But I wonder if I have any future.
>>
David Blackway - Wed, 08 Mar 2017 16:38:34 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352444 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489009114347.png -(337555B / 329.64KB, 501x678) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352410

If it's ok to ask, what are your symptoms? How do drugs interact with them? I don't understand schizoaffective disorders that well and how they differ from schizophrenia. wouldn't hard psychedelic drugs drive you right into psychosis?

also lot of responses lol, i mean i guess the normies wouldnt reply but now im curious, is anyone here actually normal lol? it's an internet dissociatives image board so I'm not expecting that many but...who knows
>>
Reuben Gocklehig - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 01:48:55 EST ID:YZHqAkXU No.352459 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489042135913.png -(1253225B / 1.20MB, 1000x707) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352444

My symptoms usually involve disorganization (I can't really do a whole lot outside of basic tasks, such as reading books and paying bills), physiological depression (I have no energy to do anything, so I just sit around thinking about stuff and then when I go to bed I stay up for hours because my mind just does not know when to stop), paranoia (this is justified because I've been fucked over too many times by people who I thought I could trust), delusions that are usually benign, a fixation with the supernatural and paranormal, and visual hallucinations.

Oddly, I almost never have auditory hallucinations and I'm rarely manic, which in a way is good because manic people usually act like idiots, and I have, too. I've had suicidal thoughts before but I've never acted on them. I mean, there is no point to have an early death unless if you have no choice.

DXM helped me before because it served as an emotional release; my mind would just have all of this pressure and baggage and when I would trip, it would be clear for a while. I would also have intense visions and thoughts and I also learned how to use divination through it, so that was a plus. I never really used psychedelics, and the one that I did try (LSA) was so pointless that I really don't know why they are so popular with everyone else. I also become aggressive on LSA so that isn't too good for me.

Schizoaffective Disorder differs from Schizophrenia mainly in that there are major mood swings associated with it, and during a clear period, one may be fairly lucid or even fairly normal. It has a slightly better prognosis, largely because it isn't quite constant.

I have a theory that quite a few people who abuse DXM had a mental issue in the first place. Most people think that DXM causes mental disturbances but I honestly believe that the mentally disturbed use DXM to become less disturbed. And I feel like it really did help me for years; it just doesn't help me anymore, for some odd reason. I'm now thinking of no longer using drugs, because you never really know what is going to happen if you continue to use them. Then again, meditation can do the same thing, so I don't know. I just hate sobriety.
>>
Nigel Blettingwure - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 02:06:47 EST ID:la5626J9 No.352461 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352459
>I have a theory that quite a few people who abuse DXM had a mental issue in the first place. Most people think that DXM causes mental disturbances but I honestly believe that the mentally disturbed use DXM to become less disturbed. And I feel like it really did help me for years; it just doesn't help me anymore, for some odd reason. I'm now thinking of no longer using drugs, because you never really know what is going to happen if you continue to use them. Then again, meditation can do the same thing, so I don't know. I just hate sobriety.
the theory i came up with a while back is that dissos pretty much straight up slow down your thoughts, and in a trippy sort of way so that you dont notice it much cause it doesnt feel like theyre slow, but it brings calm to those who are tormented by their thoughts and would be one of the reasons it makes you look like youre retarded to onlookers. and it generally allows you to better process your thoughts as a better result, which is hard to do normally when youve got mental issues. and the antidepressant effect is an added bonus that means pretty much fucking everyone with mental issues has at least one out of the two reasons i listed to abuse dissos.

but i only have anxiety and depresssion so thats not a big set to work with for coming up wiht theories.
>>
Reuben Gocklehig - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 02:13:08 EST ID:YZHqAkXU No.352462 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352461

You pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I feel like my thought processes are expanded when I'm high. However, that isn't exclusive to having your thoughts slow down; just the opposite, you can focus way more than you otherwise would be able to. I never use stimulants because I know that my brain would go haywire and I may never come back out of it; there is really no point to it, anyway. People think that drug users will both like and use all kinds of drugs, but for at least the self-aware, they only like certain kinds. I happened to love dissociatives and alcohol, and I didn't really use anything else outside of those things.
>>
Isabella Smallforth - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 12:07:22 EST ID:VVBCkEcr No.352469 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489079242930.jpg -(67929B / 66.34KB, 523x820) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>1. Diagnosed autist (was diagnosed pretty young) with dysthymia and general anxiety disorder. I've been diagnosed with the GAD as well, the dysthymia I haven't bothered going for a diagnosis for, but it's always been there.

>2. YES I fuckin do. I don't use my disso of choice (DXM) on a daily basis or anything like that, but it's rare I go two weeks without 1 - 3 uses. I tend to be a weekend dexxer.

>3. I feel like I've become alot more emotionally numb/neutral as a result of my DXM use. It's helped me get some emotional distance - hasn't done my social functioning any good, but has helped with some of my emotions and surpressed feelings for sure.

>4. I haven't gotten rid of my disorders, but as I said it's numbed them down a considerable amount, thankfully. While I went through a period of very heavy irresponsible use, I suspect I brought on a mini psychotic episode that lasted a few weeks.

>5. Good. Just chillin and watching life pass by me. I'm an isolated person (even though I do have friends and somewhat of a social life) but I don't really feel too bad most of the time anymore. I think I may be developing a bit of an alcohol habit as of late, but nothing too major.
>>
Edwin Bremblebury - Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:47:54 EST ID:a1WnwDTi No.352499 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352469

wish I had dissos instead of alcohol
>>
Hamilton Podgeham - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 18:33:26 EST ID:FV162ohs No.352541 Ignore Report Quick Reply
You realize literally every single human being on the planet can be classified as having a mental disorder of some kind right?
>>
Thomas Bunham - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 20:27:19 EST ID:NErY6CAk No.352546 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352541
this armchair philosophy is interesting and all but it doesn't really do anything to change what the OP was asking
>>
Priscilla Cremblehot - Sat, 11 Mar 2017 22:18:48 EST ID:ROvm2K/S No.352549 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352546
Not really, it'd be armchair philosophy if I lived my life judging people and trying to fit them into neat little boxes based on whatever trauma/coping mechanisms they have (or worse, trying to put myself in one of those boxes as an excuse for why I'm not living the best life I can be - which I still catch myself doing sometimes) instead of just taking every person as a unique entity. It's just kind of weird asking something like "do you have any mental disorders?" on a drug board, I assumed people here would have a more open ended view of mental health. I guess I'm missing the point here, maybe I'm just retarded? Then again I never really understood survey threads anyway.

Nb because I'm a dick and I'm not contributing
>>
Jenny Hinkinwug - Mon, 13 Mar 2017 19:37:57 EST ID:EkL3rIoJ No.352616 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>yes. i have depression/mood disroder NOS (it's episodic; i once thought i had cyclothymia bc i had a woopty time which i thought was hypomania, but that has only happened once), generalized anxiety disorder and autism spectrum disorder.
>no. i mostly take them bc i like the visuals and headspace
>i always feel better a few days after any /dis/, but i noticed that my panic attacks/anxiety disorder began a few weeks after an uncomfortable experience with DXM. DXM may not have directly caused this though.
>maybe. see above.
>I've been on 100mg zoloft for the past few weeks. i have much less anixety/depression than before, but now i have little motivation, which was already an issue for me. i've mostly quit /dis/ use, but i'm thinking about taking DCK tonight. overall, not too bad.
>>
Edwin Crerringteck - Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:27:51 EST ID:yLv8+6y+ No.352647 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489508871150.jpg -(33630B / 32.84KB, 256x272) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Major Depressive Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, and Schizoid Personality Disorder all diagnosed by doctors
Yes. I use them to retreat from the world when I'm feeling overwhelmed or like taking time off from it.
gives temporary relief from most of them
No
I've been steadily depressed for two and a half years now. I have suicidal thoughts everyday. I don't have any hope for the future and I'm more or less waiting to die because I promised close friends and family I wouldn't kill myself after my last attempt. I'm extremely medicated just to get through each day.
>>
Hannah Blatherwater - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:15:08 EST ID:FCsxyGwb No.352672 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
There is a remarkable amount of consensus here. So many people I relate to completely. Goes to show what these drugs are capable of, both abuse-wise and therapy-wise. Definitely seems to gather it's own sort of people, just like every other class of drugs.
>>
Jenny Crorrylock - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 20:53:32 EST ID:Wf414xHT No.352673 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352549

Labels are a necessary part of communication, but you're absolutely right that taking them too seriously is detrimental. It's important to realize that they're just symbols used to convey information about tendencies and habits, they're not concrete and they certainly don't define you as a person. Your post is thoughtful and you make a good point.
>>
Molly Dupperford - Wed, 15 Mar 2017 22:33:15 EST ID:mLyR+2o2 No.352674 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
Why do these threads always pop up like 2x a year
>>
Nell Pittlock - Thu, 16 Mar 2017 16:36:17 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352686 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352674
why does it matter? obviously a lot of people here have issues, there's nothing wrong with discussing them. you're going to shame people for their mental health on a disso forum lol?

i mean if it were every week, id get you, but twice a year? thats nothing.
>>
Graham Smallcocke - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 01:05:12 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.352693 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352674
I always figured it was some faggot psychology major who disses doing a psych survey for something in a class
>>
Graham Smallcocke - Fri, 17 Mar 2017 01:05:45 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.352694 Ignore Report Quick Reply
whenever it happens that's what i assume, i mean
>>
Alice Sipperfield - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 15:22:52 EST ID:9mAA/r3r No.352756 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489864972439.jpg -(16663B / 16.27KB, 236x353) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Bipolar I Depression diagnosed by doctor.
No. But I have used MXE, DXM and 3-Meo-PCP recreationally.
I don't know. I think that all of the drugs I take provide temporary relief from depression.
No, depression persists shortly after the euphoria (come up) from the dissos.
Shitty, I'm on probation so no dissos to relieve me.
>>
Ian Drenkindat - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:48:24 EST ID:i43P0RsI No.352759 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352686
relax he wasn't shaming anyone. No need to go into victim mode.
>>
Rebecca Sirringlot - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 19:23:17 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.352760 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352759
i guess youre right. i just kind of read the post in a "ugh not this stupid shit" again way. its hard to tell with internets sometimes
>>
Nicholas Brigglewell - Sat, 18 Mar 2017 20:50:44 EST ID:L+c6+Xvv No.352767 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I'm somehow kind of feeling a strange comfort of sorts in seeing how many other people suffer from depression here. I don't really know how to describe it.

>>352760
*hugs*
>>
Lydia Budgeshit - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 15:17:25 EST ID:6f/74zIM No.353149 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491247045543.jpg -(60111B / 58.70KB, 800x533) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352030

Hebephrenic schizophrenia, OCD, GID. Professionally diagnosed.
Yes.
Haven't made them better or worse.
No, and no. The visual snow I've developed over the years might be because of it though
I don't know. Its been a dreamy hazy few weeks.
>>
Caroline Bunkindodging - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 16:38:08 EST ID:MYAy7mAt No.353150 Ignore Report Quick Reply
BPD, anxiety
Occasionally. I much prefer drinking or benzos to this though
They haven't
No
I downed 750mg DXM, waiting to hit third plateau
>>
Thomas Pittfield - Tue, 04 Apr 2017 04:24:07 EST ID:TbjXALuZ No.353166 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
So most disso users are mentally ill, or are healthy people not replying?
>>
Lillian Snodstone - Tue, 04 Apr 2017 05:01:51 EST ID:FnHYRNVF No.353167 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491296511871.jpg -(90517B / 88.40KB, 736x420) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>1. Do you have any mental disorders? If so, what are they?

Treatment resistant refractory major depressive disorder, ADD, OCD, anxiety

yes, under the direction of a doctor I use ketamine to help with my depression, along with other dissociatives, including DXM, 3-MeO-PCP, MXE (hah wish it was still around), etc.

dissociatives have had a very important impact on me as a person. I would not be alive if it weren't for the insight that dissociatives have brought to me. But, more to the point, Dissociatives have been a persistent avenue through which I have been able to work out problems with my life and past, etc.

Yes, although it is complicated. It is an ongoing battle, but I enjoy my life more than I have before my introduction to dissociatives,

Pretty great, although I have a lot of drug problems at the moment, mentally, I am a lot healthier and more engaged in the concept of living life than I was before delving into dissociatives.
>>
Sidney Sisslemotch - Tue, 04 Apr 2017 07:14:19 EST ID:YOoW1Bmf No.353168 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353166

I am currently considered healthy but i see a therapist. Im trying to get some diagnoses so i know whats been hoing on all these years. But then again, everyone wants an excuse for the way they behave in life, so maybe im just doing that, because the only thing anyone has said i most likely had was add/adhd. My therapist cant find anything diagnosable. I have self diagnosed myself for a few things but i realize in the future that i was just projecting the illness onto myself, not actually noticing real and present issues.

To make a long story short, im a decently healthy minded individual. Nothing disgnosable past a little add/adhd. Self diagnosed myself with lots of stuff but these "diagnoses" change like a pair of socks so who knows what, if anything, i really have.

I have however taken multiple iq tests that have shown scores that never drop below a 130-140 and even got some 160s. These were on free online iq tests however, as i havent found anyone "qualified" to give a real test, but im currently searching. Maybe my only real mental "illness" is my intelligence. It does seem to cause me lots of heart ache and hassle.

Gonna post a follow up to this probably but theres that for now.
>>
Nathaniel Cadgebug - Tue, 04 Apr 2017 14:04:03 EST ID:6NRk1cSJ No.353173 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
1) none, maybe mild depression, self diagonsed. idk im doin pretty ok and it has never really been an issue, but i barely do jack outside of schoolwork (grad life)
2) nope
3) not used enough to say/no condition
4)n/a
5) pretty good, almost finished my masters thesis which is due in 2 weeks
>>
Edwin Choddleforth - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 01:21:25 EST ID:QgjvUOOW No.353187 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491369685069.jpg -(83240B / 81.29KB, 700x394) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>353166
I've been fine for a long time, but depression 6-7 years ago did contribute to dissociative use (DXM, then MXE), for the reason that my symptoms went away for a few days after tripping. They always returned, but it was a necessary breath of fresh air.

Following a couple of months of moderate MXE use - when it was still reliably good - I did come out of it with more stability, and the worst aspects of depression were gone. I think the governments of the world did us a disservice - again - by banning a useful substance out of a kneejerk "it's a drug, drugs are bad" reaction.

With the right dissociative, there's a "clean" - and cleansing - euphoria/clarity I haven't seen from any other drug. Side effects from the original MXE were almost nonexistent. Those experiences are priceless. I probably wouldn't have come to that appreciation if I wasn't using dissociatives to medicate, years ago; the side effects of DXM are bad enough to make it a lousy gateway drug. You may have a point from that perspective.

It's been awhile since the last /dis/ experience (3-meo-pce - loved it, had to throw it out). I can't afford to do this given my current job/lifestyle, and I don't need to. I miss it, though. I get really nostalgic for 2012 and MXE. That was the best year of my life.
>>
Edward Buddletat - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 04:35:11 EST ID:IqgnmU+/ No.353189 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
On a note vaguely related to >4. I once met this raver kid who claimed that he "used to be autistic" but he just took heaps of dingers (ecstacy) and that fixed it right up. He also told me that meth must be good for you because he never has a runny nose while he's on it.
>>
Charlotte Mungermune - Mon, 10 Apr 2017 19:35:22 EST ID:Er0toUkt No.353323 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Foreword: I have taken DXM over 100 times, most of them over 750mg, topping out at 1150.

1. I have been formally diagnosed with unipolar depression, anxiety, assburgers, and bipolar disorder. I probably have none of these, I didn't socialize much as a kid and was anxious and confused as a teen; I let the diagnoses make me think I was 'different' for many years, preventing me from pursuing change within myself. I'm over all that now and the only drug that helped was weed by making me paranoid and questioning myself.
  2. Nope.
  3. Dis use has not changed me at all.
  4. Nope.
  5. Doing okay.
>>
David Pockworth - Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:19:21 EST ID:WAkYssDf No.353327 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>1. No. I'm pretty normal, though my social skills kinda suck.. but that's developmental and something I've always struggled with, not a disorder really. I did suffer from extreme depression and anxiety in the past, though.
>2. I began to use DXM out of boredom and because I wanted to explore my mind, and beyond.
>3. They haven't affected me negatively in the slightest. My mind and body feel just fine.
>4. My depression is overall gone now, and my anxiety has become almost non-existent, too.. except on certain occasions when I just don't feel like dealing with a certain situation. DXM played a big part in giving my brain a nudge into feeling emotions and enjoying life again by forcing it to produce more serotonin and dopamine again, but I had also quit drinking and smoking pot in excessive amounts, and had also began to eat a little healthier and take various supplements and vitamins for my brain and body, as well. Combined with that, DXM basically forced me into happiness while the other measures I was taking well building me back up as well.
>5. I'm doing just fine. I enjoy life and many things in it again. Sometimes I get lonesome because I'm a major introvert with no social life nowadays, but I'm feeling fantastic compared to the past 8 years. I was using DXM a lot last year.. multiple times a week, but now I do it once to twice every other month, or so.
>>
Charlotte Goffingridge - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:09:40 EST ID:UhT0gcpZ No.353362 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491952180781.jpg -(65189B / 63.66KB, 440x322) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
1). Autism (specifically, PDA), GAD, panic attacks​, depersonalization/derealization disorder- all professionally diagnosed
2). I have, with varying degrees of success in the past. I'm currently sober, and worrisomely unmedicated.
3). It's paradoxically disappointing how well appropriately moderated self medication with DXM and/or stimulants has worked, because no other class(es) of drugs- either prescribed or self administered- have been as effective or manageable. Even under ideal circumstances, I could no longer self medicate with even modest doses of DXM, because my tolerance would render it useless, or moderate doses, because I can't physiologically risk it, given the damage I've already done through heavy abuse. I wish I could look back and honestly say, "yeah, it was never really helpful anyway. I'm altogether better without it". At least for the future, I can still keep my fingers crossed for medical/legal marijuana.
4). Neither. I effectively suppressed much of my autism and DPDD for several years through the regular use of various drugs, and sporadic, experimental use of others​. Upon recent cessation, it's become abundantly clear that I've grown both socially and intellectually in this time more than I ever could have sober, but the progress and learning aptitude have stopped dead in their tracks. It happened almost immediately. I'm back in the mind of my highschool/pre-highschool self, just with a lot more mental data to work with. It's unclear wether a gentle medical push may be able to reopen access to the latent social awareness, problem solving skills, and learning capacity that had surfaced while using at my own discretion. For instance, gabapentin seemed to hold potential (albeit at the higher end of the theraputic dose range), but I don't currently have a prescribing doctor. And again, marijuana showed great promise, but nobody's looking at me thinking "yep, seen it before... this guy needs weed in his life- let's help the poor bastard out".
5). Waiting/fighting for disability- for which my care team and legal representatives seem to think I have a shoo-in case- for whatever that tells you.
>>
Sidney Claywell - Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:22:09 EST ID:EzInmnCx No.353379 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>352030
pretty bad social anxiety. I'm very introverted when I'm sober. even when I'm alone I constantly wonder how I'm perceived. I daydream constantly.

I think I have AvPD. I went to my first ever psychologist appointment yesterday and he said that it seems like I have generalized or social anxiety.
I guess I use them to deal with anxiety. now I've moved onto benzos. I told myself that I'd never use benzos last year, but here I am.
It's like using a hand fan to cool yourself off. It works, but your hand gets tired and then you just feel even hotter than before. drugs make me feel better, but then I notice my problems even more when I sober again. this is true for all drugs.
not really.
I feel like all my problems are self created and that I'm whining over nothing. I fear my next psychologist appointment because I think that he thinks that I'm a dumbass. I feel so down. I should really get out of bed and do something to distract myself from these thoughts.
>>
Eliza Hemmerfuck - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:08:46 EST ID:7HDoHPSU No.353526 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I see an awful lot of people contest stuff they were diagosed with. I wonder if the jaded antisocial people who are prone to indulge in this stuff are the kind of people hard to psychoanalyse
>>
Thomas Cunninghood - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 17:32:13 EST ID:sk151V2b No.353527 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Man you syrup chuggers sure are obsessed with your mental disorders
>>
Frederick Shakedale - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:41:39 EST ID:r5sNKRlt No.353557 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353527
whats your drug of choice bro? curious.

i don't think you're wrong lol, i'm >>352031 and I think that's an interesting comment you wrote there lol, im entertained and dont doubt that youre right.
>>
Frederick Shakedale - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:44:45 EST ID:r5sNKRlt No.353558 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353526
i feel like that might be the case. i have a lot of denial about how i can "TOTALLY USE ONCE IN A WHILE I'LL CONTROL MY SELF THIS TIME" or my recent new delusion, "PSYCHEDELICS ARE DIFFERENT, ITS FOR ENLIGHTENMENT" and i find myself back in the cycle of casual use turning heavier and heavier -> hit rock bottom -> want to quit -> sobriety -> hit a sobriety milestone/something shit in life happens/both -> convince myself i can use a bit/fuck it life isnt worth it i might as well get high -> go back to drugs

but I've always stayed functional over my 10 years of addiction. some people on here seem to have insane habits and theyre gonna burn out, there's no way they'll sustain forever, no way. i'm not sure they're ones in denial or the ones who have completely given up, though...
>>
Fucking Nerrypin - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 23:41:42 EST ID:Bj7klgp6 No.353571 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492573302679.png -(239343B / 233.73KB, 500x689) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>352030
ADHD inattentive, as well as occasional 'episodes' of OCD. Both diagnosed, but I've pretty much grown out of them.
No, I only use drugs for fun.
My first DXM trip ended a months long OCD episode by allowing me to detach from the underlying obsession. That was pretty cool, but I never used dissociatives for that purpose again, not sure why.
See above, otherwise no difference.
Great, i'm more productive, organized, and content than i've ever been. Besides that browsing 420chan and reading some people's posts makes me worry that I, too, will someday descend into drug addiction

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.