[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Best Films to Watch on a /dis/ (or a general drug binge)? by Fanny Blettingforth - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 06:08:09 EST ID:DbkVpUFp No.353269 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1491646089269.jpg -(1300851B / 1.24MB, 2560x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 1300851
I have a REALLY long question about a specific movie that has nothing to do, directly, with the thread so if you just wanna read and talk about films SKIP TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST. ; 3

Holy FUCK! I came as quickly as this issue drilled itself into my brain thinking that any old foagies who have been kicking around /dis/ for a few years might know what the fuck I am talking about. I CANNOT figure out what the fuck a certain movie is called. I can't remember it's title or who made it. And the reason I come to /dis/ is because I remember it being kind of a big deal around here a couple of years back.

In the film there is a guy who is high on DXM (I think, there might have been other drugs he was on as well) all the time. He is depressive and creepy and then he starts seeing ghosts and/or hallucinations and then things become unclear. He kills himself, or thinks he does, and then starts stalking and killing this hot girl/his GF. All I saw was a small trailer but I vaguely remember it being all the rage years ago and someone on here was SUPER appreciative when another poster put up a dl link to it cuz the film was about semi-relvant content and was from some little tiny itty bitty studio that might have been just one person.... again I don't remember.

I vaguely remember that the name of the studio, or the film, or the logo had something to do with drugs or murder, or specifically, pills. When I try to think of the name of the movie my brain keeps circling things like Ghost Murder, Arcade Ghost Pills, slightly off but poppy shit like that. And that is how the websites art looked, very bright, kind of maybe old school video game or clip art inspired, with violence, weapons, skulls and guns all over the place.

Anyways, why waste a good thread? I am gonna be trying 3-meo-pcp for the first time here, when I will be having a week long binge and experiment with various other things with my two best friends. We are gonna play lots of games but we are ALSO going to watch lots of movies! What are some interesting things to watch under the dissasociating influence and what are some all time classics?

tl;dr: What are some of the best or most interesting films or TV Shows to watch whilst /dis/sed? (P.S. Does anyone remember an indy film by a tiny studio where the main character is a slasher film murder/everyday 20 something who takes a bunch of DXM and other drugs until he dies/talks to ghosts?)

I haven't experimented with /dis/ stuff and visual media that much. I had a good run with DXM and MXE at various points but I usually spent my time listening to music back then. Still I think I have some interesting ideas about what might be entertaining right before the hole.

I'll have a lot more films on deck but I think these sound like they could be a good time in particular:

Cowboy Bebop (The Show moreso then the film)
A Scanner Darkly
Akira
Altered States (?) [I've never seen it but it sounds like it might be pretty neat!]
Cosmos (Both of em)
Cloud Atlas

Old black and white horror films could provide an interesting visual contrast to all the modern eye candy shit, so I've got a lot of the classics such as:
Dracula, Frankenstein, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Nosferatu, Godzilla (A lot of which I haven't seen in their entirety before)

Fantastic Planet
Gandahar
Heavy Metal (All three MIND BLOWING hand drawn surrealist scifi fantasy narratives form the 60 - 80's, the first two being French in origin)

Ghost in the Shell
Inception
ALL of the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films (As well as three different fan cuts turning all of the Hobbit films into a single movie that is closer to the book)
Over the Garden Wall
Paprika
Run Lola Run
Sunshine
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Tron and Tron Legacy
Daft Punk's Interstella 5555 (This was what all of those little short music videos with all of the blue people in them that were on Toonami back in the 90's originally came from. They basically took Daft Punk's album Discovery and made an anime film around the album. If you haven't seent it, YOU SHOULD REALLY TRY AND WATCH IT.)
Sita Sings the Blues
The Secret of Kells
and of COURSE:
The Holy Mountain!

I also have two weird more aamatuerish things that I think are worth mentionging.

Some genius took the Pink Floyd album The Wall, and combined it with footage of the life and rise to power of Donald J Trump, sort of following the same loose narrative structure that the original film and album do. It is, of course, named Donald Trump's The Wall. And it is fascinating and topical as hell. Also, I am so happy I was even able to get it. It was only on YouTube for a few days before someone put a claim on it and forced the uploader to mute the music. BUT., even with it muted through YouTube the source file was still attached to that persons acount and when I ripped the video I got it just like the original file, sound and all. I know that is unnecessary information but I am proud of that. : )

One last weird thing that I am totally stoked about is a synchronicity experience unlike any other; The Fragile Ring. This is basically where you take some music, mute whatever you are watching, and try to see if you can get them to match up.

The most famous version of this that you have probably heard of is nicknamed "Dark Side of the Rainbow" and is The Wizard of Oz synced to The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. Normally it is done that way, with a whole song or, in the case of feature lenght films a whole album. Here is an example that just popped up for me on YouTube that I think demonstrates the basic concept pretty succinctly. It is a scene from Akira and some song from Death Grips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfhlEX_ubY

I like it a LOT!

Now what "The Fragile Ring" is is the original american version of the film "The Ring" synced to the double album "The Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails. It works ASTOUNDINLGY well. I believe the first time we tried this we were coming up on a lower dose of MXE and it blew our fucking MINDS! And then for the longest time I could not figure out which album was supposed to go with "The Ring" and thne SWOOSH! Out of nowhere do I not only find this information but a fucking link, where some kind soul has made the movie and the soundtrack presynced available to download for all! I am so excited to try this again, and at a higher dose on a new substance! Here is the link for anyone interested:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxKv6HMb6GIQjRpN0FJMzB2dnc/view

I already gave it a look over and it seems to be both virus free, as well as a really good sync of the highest quality.

Here is some interesting /dis/ type music to basc in while you read my novel of a post and decide if you'd like to reply or not:

Music for Nitrous Oxide by Stars of the Lid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OycCEDxQFoA

So, is there anything obvious and awesome that I missed? Are there any other weird synchronicity type things that you have heard about? Any binge suggestions, in general? (And plz, if anyone knows what fucking film I am talking about, point me in the right direction.)
>>
Angus Currywill - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 08:07:39 EST ID:IqgnmU+/ No.353270 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353269
I'm afraid I have no idea about the movie you're talking about.
General suggestions for dissed/drug fucked viewing are as follows.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
Upstream Color (maybe, can just be confusing as fuck when dissed)
They Live
Tetsuo:The Iron Man
Schizopolis
Cube (the whole series really)

I never "got" The Holy Mountain, too each their own though.
>>
Lydia Blobberchen - Sat, 08 Apr 2017 14:43:02 EST ID:FCsxyGwb No.353280 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's funny, I was going to suggest you watch The Wall, then I got down to that part of your post. Sounds funny, but I think I'd rather watch the original movie. Such dark. Fucking brutal.
>>
Ebenezer Brosslelock - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 15:56:29 EST ID:/NCytaz9 No.353304 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491767789500.jpg -(38169B / 37.27KB, 284x405) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
i gotchu fam

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1110059/
>>
Augustus Fenningnire - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 23:54:34 EST ID:la5626J9 No.353307 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491796474964.jpg -(322212B / 314.66KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>353269
holy mountain and el topo are amazing. i dont really watch movies but 7 samurai is a great one. altered states i saw because ive read a couple lilly books, didnt like it and stopped halfway through but i was going a little autistic because i wanted science n lilly stuff not hollywood bullshit..

for weeb shit, bebop is definitely great,and akia and paprika. i thought gits was a little boring my last rewatch, i uno. mitcihiko to hatchin is a lot like cowboy bebop but i like it even more, esp for drug watching. samurai champloo is also like this and amazing.

lain is obligatory dis viewing. boogiepop phantom though, is even better for dissos imo. the soundtrack is just so amazing when youre dissed (if you like 90s electronic wankery). it also was a little slow sober, but on a high dose of 3meopcp it was the greatest time ive had on dis in quite a while.

yuasa or ikuhara stuff is also always a great choice for dissos.

if you're a full on weeb, kemono friends on dissos is fucking amazing. it feels like actually having friends. unfortunately i was so fucked when i watched it that i cant remember a thing from it except that i cried the last ep.
>>
Augustus Fenningnire - Sun, 09 Apr 2017 23:58:39 EST ID:la5626J9 No.353308 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353307
forgot to mention tekkon kinkreet, you should watch it even if youre not into anime cause for one its just a movie, two the soundtrack is probably the greatest anime soundtrack ever (by plaid) and three its not really a typical anime at all so it doesnt really have stuff thatll turn off folks who only dabble now and then, its directed by an american for fucks sake.
>>
Fucking Wibbleworth - Mon, 10 Apr 2017 01:49:33 EST ID:DbkVpUFp No.353310 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491803373667.jpg -(117463B / 114.71KB, 749x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>353304
OMGTHATISFUCKING IT!!!! THANK YOU, so much. My brain is at peace now. I really never thought that I would be able to remember what the hell this movie was called. O man, whew. Seriously, thank you! It is too often that shit like this never gets answered and you can just never find it again despite remembering it fondly. ; 3

Have this nice hand drawn cat as your reward.
>>
Phoebe Greenwell - Mon, 10 Apr 2017 03:57:34 EST ID:pDfk6u6L No.353312 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353304
Man I remember that movie, shit was so lame. Badly written and acted. It's like a really shitty john dies at the end, and even that teeters on the edge of shittiness here and there itself. I'm sorry I wanted to like it but it's sub-par.

The Machinist
Pi (π)
Naked Lunch
Apocalypse Now

That NIN Ring thing sounds dope
>>
Fuck Murdgold - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 01:22:37 EST ID:3/ZbIkyu No.353330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353269
I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand to watch live action while I'm dissed. It just feels all fucked up and it's easier to relate to animated stuff funnily enough.

As for series, some stuff I like is the already mentioned Lain and GITS, but also the Monogatari series. Don't watch it high if you've never seen it though because it's extremely dialogue-heavy and you won't get anything that's going on. It's great for a rewatch though because of all the trippy visuals

Even better than that though is Angel's Egg, it's by the same dude that directed the original GITS but I like it even more. Another good one is Kanashimi no Belladonna, but that one's pretty bizarre and old so not everyone will enjoy it

I was recommended
>>
Beatrice Bloblingkon - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:31:55 EST ID:JNlZUz/e No.353363 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491953515577.jpg -(377208B / 368.37KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
saw this in theaters on dxm
dont watch this on dxm

star wars ep 7 is krewl on dxm
>>
Caroline Brongerbidging - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 20:02:40 EST ID:cE9cFfLl No.353364 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353269
It's not a movie, but you should watch a few episodes of that Bear Grylls show. Man vs Wild I think it's called. That shit is so interesting to watch on dxm.
>>
Isabella Dongerwill - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 22:33:27 EST ID:NlzytQ+t No.353369 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491964407888.jpg -(417738B / 407.95KB, 2200x1698) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Steven Universe, don't let shitty Tumblr snowflake fandom (and kind of premises too lol) scare you. the story is really good and the emotions/triphop chiptune music/trippy visuals is AMAZING. my favorite trip show.

lots of good suggestions in here too.

i dont mind live action, though cartoons are great. i like anime too even though its hard to read the subs and i kinda space out, but if im in deep enough, i kind of start believing i can understand japanese so its ok lol.
>>
Ian Grandford - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 01:41:22 EST ID:DbkVpUFp No.353387 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353369
No need to tell me. i am way ahead of you. Steven Universe is amazing. Despite whatever crap the community might produce.
>>
Fuck Pemmlepidge - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 05:50:23 EST ID:UTb+LKkQ No.353388 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353312
Im planning on watching apocalypse now next trip.

Being John Malkovich is a great one
>>
David Blatherfield - Thu, 13 Apr 2017 17:23:28 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.353400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353330
Holy shit I can't believe someone else said Monogatari series on DXM/diss. It's definitely dialog heavy but the type of artwork and the situations make it really easy to fit with a /dis/ imo.

Definitely Serial Experiments Lain, GITS isn't bad, I've found the original ep 25 and 26 ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion, the End of Evangelion, and the 3.33 You can (not) redo Rebuild of Evangelion movie to be great.

From Ghibli, Princess Mononoke is fucking fantastic. I got it in my mind to watch it once when I hadn't seen it previously since I was 10, but on a shitload of DXM (back when it could still get me fuckin fucked), and it was one of the best decisions of my life. It was like taking part in an epic adventure in the same kind of way I feel about my childhood memories playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Spirited Away is also pretty good for /dis/

Good live-action movies on /dis/ usually have to be sci-fi or mind fucks. I've always found Blade Runner and 2001: A Space Odyssey to be great on dissociatives. Jacob's Ladder isn't bad either, was pretty fucky when I watched it on a large dose of 3-meo-pcp and DXM.

I generally agree with the idea that animated stuff seems to mesh better with dissociatives, but I think the right live action movies (like the ones I've shared) are definitely awesome too.
>>
Edward Punnerhit - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 00:24:38 EST ID:r5sNKRlt No.353431 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353369
i watched finding dory while sippy flipping last night but i have no idea wtf i watched lol...was nice though?
>>
Simon Crerringfuck - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 04:08:17 EST ID:v57CMQp5 No.353436 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I picked this DVD up yesterday. Blew me the hell away, mega intense vibes going on.
>>
Simon Crerringfuck - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 04:09:20 EST ID:v57CMQp5 No.353437 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492243760681.jpg -(206407B / 201.57KB, 675x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>353436
>>
Edward Punnerhit - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 10:55:36 EST ID:r5sNKRlt No.353438 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353431
wtf it wasnt even that confusing at all lol, i'm rewatching it and in my head it was like SOOOOOOOO TRIPPY but its not...
also i took 2 eti blotters to sleep and ended up sleeping 16h wtf, that shit is strong...

im gonna take a month long break from drugs now
>>
Walter Nedgetere - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 18:50:51 EST ID:t7ldRsBs No.353454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492296651146.jpg -(84546B / 82.56KB, 960x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
River's edge
Scanners
A nightmare on elm street (the original)
Alice in Wonderland
The entire second season of American horror story
Stranger things (of course)
ANYTHING by David Lynch (Eraser Head is tight)
>>
Martin Medgebidging - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:55:07 EST ID:0ODiTlun No.353458 Ignore Report Quick Reply
The Matrix trilogy
>>
Henry Honeystock - Sat, 15 Apr 2017 22:15:45 EST ID:25kReQ0y No.353459 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353458
I know it's not a movie but I've found Adventure Time to be pretty SLAYER and conducive to tripping.
The plots are usually trippy, the show is weird and random anyway so it doesn't matter that you're too fucked up to follow, and the neon high contrast colors and style is really nice.
>>
Graham Clullysid - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 04:23:15 EST ID:hQpaLQde No.353466 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353269

Solaris and Stalker by Andrew Tarkowski, especially Solaris has a really nice isolation-based atmosphere

Don't knock it till you tried it

The fifth element was also pretty fun but nothing special, last week I did 'The tree of life' but it was meh and I was only watching the last part dissed
>>
William Clavingdale - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 14:58:27 EST ID:3+XEfyrz No.353484 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I watched all of the series Gantz (26 episodes) on a yuuuge polistirex binge. I drank about 30 ounces of it, six 5ozers and a couple bottles of hbr throughout two days. It was so intense, not just the trip, but the story. This became one of my favorite pieces of film, but I don't watch any shows or TV at all really. My friend just had all the discs. It's been a couple years but I'll have to revisit it soon. It only took me so long to watch it all because I took short breaks periodically between episodes but I was awake the whole time which is impressive in itself because I drank about 6 grams of dxm. The trip lingered into the next day and a half before I started to get back to normal.
That storyline is seriously a mindfuck, I would recommend it to anyone.
>>
William Checklelag - Sun, 16 Apr 2017 15:47:56 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.353485 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353484
I thought the same thing when I was on tons of 3-meo-pcp and DXM. I watched it again sober and it was kind of shitty and pretty campy. The manga is like 6x longer and far better.
>>
Cedric Gerringbadge - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 09:18:07 EST ID:OcRh0oMq No.353511 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353269
>>353269
dont watch movies or tv on drugs. its a waste
>>
Molly Susslebanks - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 10:07:58 EST ID:hL1U4dg0 No.353512 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353511
Your life is a waste, friendo.
>>
Simon Climmlecocke - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 10:22:08 EST ID:r5sNKRlt No.353513 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353511
lol no, i get fucking bored going outside doing nothing the same way i get bored not watching movies/tv/games in my real life too
can you believe people have different interests? gasp
you sound like the drug version of my dad
>>
Fucking Brinkinpedge - Mon, 17 Apr 2017 10:51:07 EST ID:jRhOweDM No.353515 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My favorite movie to watch is the inside of my eyelids
>>
Angus Sindlewetch - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 16:43:36 EST ID:qK7K76js No.353559 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1- Gravity
2- Interstellar
3- 28 Days Later

Watched all of them on 150mg of Ephenidine. That's my dose for immersion. Gravity was nuts. Don't try this at home, kids.
>>
Frederick Shakedale - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 17:34:56 EST ID:r5sNKRlt No.353560 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353559
A low immersion dose is a good idea. I pretty much never do anything but a high 2nd/low 3rd and I can't really follow anything complicated. No way I would've understood Interstellar, I barely did sober lol.
>>
Edward Hollerpad - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 19:37:04 EST ID:UTb+LKkQ No.353565 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492558624920.png -(820992B / 801.75KB, 1280x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The breakfast club turned out to be a great DXM movie, as was stand by me. Anyone have any similar suggestions?
>>
Fucking Nerrypin - Tue, 18 Apr 2017 23:58:34 EST ID:Bj7klgp6 No.353572 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353511
I see where you're coming from, zoning out in front of a tv can kill a trip. Tripping for me is all about the evolving perspectives that depend on experiencing and thinking about things, which isn't possible while watching your average movie/tv show. Some slow-paced, atmospheric movies work for me, especially if I haven't seen it before.
>>
Phineas Hidgebotch - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 04:09:24 EST ID:B6533SGF No.353579 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1492589364193.jpg -(44364B / 43.32KB, 625x783) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>353515
Nailed it.
>>
Martha Dartson - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:49:35 EST ID:KXxII5Xb No.353583 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Not a movie but one of my favorite dxm experiences was playing morrowind while listening to ambient music. Morrowind is perfect for low 3rd plat and lower. Super simple and empty looking but at the same time so atmospheric and it moves at the perfect pace. Characters looking like they're robo walking is a bonus

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.