[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Valerian Root and DXM by James Snodfield - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:09:35 EST ID:s/LsdI2k No.353588 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1492643375208.gif -(2092485B / 2.00MB, 500x273) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2092485
I've seen people post about this here and there, but I don't think it can be overstated. At larger doses it inhibits CYP3A4 and in general the way it alters the trip is pretty nice. It makes you a little bit more lucid but pronounces the physical dissociative effects. It does tend to dampen some of the mania (there's not a ton of mania anyway so whatever), overall it just makes things a lot more chill.

Of course, the capsules you find in stores do fuck all but make you feel a bit weird. You need to get some valerian tincture off of amazon or something. I think it adds to the experience quite a bit. The amount I take is usually 2 or 3 pipettes full and going off the back, an full pipette is 1000mg. Anyone else tried this out?
>>
Nathaniel Sumbletutch - Wed, 19 Apr 2017 23:12:57 EST ID:FCsxyGwb No.353594 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Valerian is indeed an awesome addition to a potentiator stack. I used the caps at first but I found they were adding to the nausea. At some point I got unground, dried Valerian from an herbalist. I would smoke it on the come-up mixed with Bergamot, which is also a really good CYP3A4 inhibitor (as well as weed and tobacco because I smoke those anyway). I can't tell you how much I was smoking, but no more than what would fit in a king size joint or 2.

I pretty much exclusively use poly now, so I can't say how it would work with HBr. But with polystirex I would smoke the big mix spliff around t+1:00 then maybe another one around t+2:00 depending on how nauseous I felt (the Valerian still seemed to make it worse, but not as much as taking it orally). IME it would rapidly catalyze the come-up in addition to amplifying/improving effects.

But also seriously Bergamot is fucking awesome too. Y'all should try that too.
>>
George Shittingfuck - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 02:04:30 EST ID:3UZoz9+Q No.353595 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>353588

Valerian root seems to be poorly studied, there isn't even consensus on whether it's effective for insomnia, the purpose for which it is usually marketed (EMA only went so far as to say that it can be used as a mild sleep aid, which is not very concrete a claim). I once had a temporary heart arrhythmia after taking pharmaceutic (not supermarket) valerian root for a few days in increasingly higher dosages (topping out at 5 capsules) in the morning (went to the doctor and all, blood pressure device called me an error 6 times in a row, very sure that this is what happened). This is in fact known to occur rarely. Needless to say, that is bad news regarding usage with DXM.

Take this as you want just putting it out there
>>
Jenny Sebberlodge - Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:19:14 EST ID:WAkYssDf No.353601 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I love Valerian Root. Chamomile and Sleepytime Tea's are great, too.

I often take them alongside DXM, and I agree.. it really tunes down the mania. For instance, the other day I tripped on 400mg around 12AM, and then decided I would dose 300mg at 9AM, because I didn't have shit to do and was still wide awake. I was feeling alright so I decided what the hell.. and then dosed again at 11:30AM.

The sleep deprivation and redosing was fantastic at first. I felt melted into the couch while watching Cowboy Bebop, but around 2PM I began to feel super fucked up and had a minor psychotic break.. I was hearing auditory hallucinations, seeing hidden messages in random shit, and piecing together events over the week that were signs that I was going to die right then and there. I felt like my blood flow and heart had stopped, and kept having to remind myself to breath deeper, as I was breathing shallow and feeling like my brain wasn't getting enough oxygen.. A few times I literally felt my brain "zapping" back to life when I'd concentrate on breathing heavy, which was followed by a full body numb, fuzzy sensation. I was feeling super confused and panicked a bit, as I rarely get that dissociated. I was also unable to fall asleep, and was only able to fall into false dreams that I'd wake up panicking from. I was convinced that I'd tripped one too many times and had finally went schizo. Everything seemed threatening, dark, and negative. I'd made a big mistake, which I should have learned my lesson from before when something similar had happened... but you know.. Drugs can lead to bad decisions..

So, anyways.. I stumbled into the kitchen, made a tea, popped some valerian, and finally was able to chill out and fall asleep around 7. I should have did it earlier, but I was just too fucking confused and focused on breathing.. It was all fixed within like 20 minutes. I really don't recommend tripping on little sleep, and if you do trip without any.. do not redose.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.