[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Tell me about the 4th plat by Thomas Nirrychidge - Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:55:19 EST ID:aCZW6Wd6 No.357314 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1510584919633.jpg -(403639B / 394.18KB, 1152x864) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 403639
Is there any merit in going to the 4th plat in your experience, other than just to see what its like?

I had my first 15.5 mg/kg trip yesterday and it seemed mostly just like confusion.
>>
Phyllis Shakeson - Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:29:12 EST ID:tk4VI4I5 No.357317 Ignore Report Quick Reply
In my experience it's really hard to get there, and you're likely to black out for much of it. But when all the planets align, a good 4th plat is a visually intricate experience, with lots of OEV's, either of things happening around you (usually in darkness) or otherwise a significant distortion in visual perception that feeds into an internal narrative and feedback loop. As your cognitive processes shut down, internal feedback loops fill up the blank spaces in your memory, creating a fantastical narrative that's engaging and dreamlike in logic.

Personally, I've mostly hit 4th plat by accident, and I'd rather have upper 3rd plat where I'm tripping balls but can still just barely do things like follow along with dumb movies or dick around in video games. The struggle to follow along with what you're watching or playing becomes the basis for the narrative of the trip, and makes for a fun night.
>>
Alice Cirryson - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:39:04 EST ID:aCZW6Wd6 No.357345 Ignore Report Quick Reply
It's interesting reading about the plateaus on psychonaut wiki. A lot of the effects I'm reading about are absent in my experience.
>>
Martha Cazzlenire - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:25:44 EST ID:tk4VI4I5 No.357346 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357345
They seem to take an inclusionist approach over there, as I could say the same about make other drugs. I think they need to be a bit clearer about what effects are common and prominent versus uncommon or subtle.

I preferred Disregard Everything I Say's blog posts, but even then you could tell he was trying to maintain a clinical tone. Mr. White's Faq also described a lot of effects that I've never experienced on DXM, and he's just pulling from a handful of reports disclosed directly to him.

There's no such thing as a standard-issue brain so I guess some people get a lot more out of certain drugs than others. I know I almost never got OEVs on MXE for example but I know someone who would get them almost constantly at a sufficient dosage.
>>
Martha Cazzlenire - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:26:47 EST ID:tk4VI4I5 No.357347 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357346
"many", not "make"
nb
>>
Alice Cirryson - Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:17:17 EST ID:aCZW6Wd6 No.357348 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My visual hallucinations seem to be strongest at the upper 2nd or low 3rd plat, any higher and particularly into the 4th plat the hallucinations become "all encompassing". My vision doesn't get cut off per-se, Mr White said of the upper plateaus "generally a person loses contact with all sensory input, often suddenly". It was more like I went into another realm, could come back whenever I wished (feeling my bed etc, remembering where I was) but I wanted to explore this new place. The low vs high plat hallucinations were like the difference between a movie theatre projected onto your vision vs a lucid dream. But I remember the lucid dream was more vague. But then you have to account for the memory issues that occur with the higher doses, and dozens of other effects making this a far from easy comparison.

Some reports or effects seem like an exaggeration (pretty obvious thing to say maybe? In some cases clearly yes lol). It wasn't like my sensory input was cut off, it was more like my attention was diverted elsewhere.
>>
Martin Pommerhare - Wed, 15 Nov 2017 06:11:07 EST ID:bBbM9Fwz No.357357 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510744267174.jpg -(183380B / 179.08KB, 467x495) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Testing/confirming mental resiliency maybe. 4th plats are dysphoric as heck. Powering through it is like getting comfortable with the thought of dying.
>>
Hugh Clallerbury - Thu, 16 Nov 2017 02:39:14 EST ID:qoYDJcVM No.357382 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357357
Not for me tbh fam, 4th plat gives me at least twice as much euphoria as a lower dose, coupled with intense headfuck sure, but, definitely more euphoric, way more, in my experience anyway
>>
Doris Dirringfuck - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 01:47:14 EST ID:bBbM9Fwz No.357400 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1510901234640.jpg -(129101B / 126.08KB, 486x664) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>357382
it was fun for me too before I lost the magic and my mind changed as it did
but it always had a strong testy element
>>
John Grandwater - Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:15:31 EST ID:FCsxyGwb No.357407 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My view of the 4th plat is it's just the DXM-hole. It was hard for me to get it right without forgetting to whole thing, but once I got the dosing pattern right, I was in a D-hole. It was pretty fucking sweet. Multiple hours of straight holing. Good times. Has more color and texture than a K-hole too IME.
>>
Hugh Cinkinkedge - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 13:52:10 EST ID:aCZW6Wd6 No.357430 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I have only dexxed a few times, the higher I go (up to the 4th plat) the more I get this really distinct feeling of referring to myself as "we", "him", "them" (referring to myself), is this feeling related to ego death? I think I usually get this feeling when I'm coming down, e.g. "he's coming back" (myself reforming) or maybe thats just when I remember it.
>>
Martha Goodbanks - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 16:10:15 EST ID:bBbM9Fwz No.357434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357430
I call it ego awareness rather than ego death. (Supposedly, I have never experienced it) ego death on classical psychedelics is like becoming one with everything and having no idea who, where, when, why or what you are >implying that this isn't already the case. On higher plats instead of my ego dying I see how it's structured, and how I'm actually multiple people rolled into one and that my many "faces", including me, are sockpuppets for something much stranger, the master ego/subconscious made manifest (who is still an ego despite encompassing slightly more and not having the same selfish urges and whatnot). In third plats it can don many faces just to show me how malleable it is, in fourth it's usually just it and it alone (feeling more like myself than I do when I am myself, or when in deep turmoil it's complete chaos). When these are integrated and communicating (im)properly I also get the "we" effect, otherwise it's "I", and it's comfy af cause it's like there's a council in my head. But usually once I come down something is sealed off so that this doesn't happen.

I know that was tl;dr but ego death is really a complete absence of self whereas you probably either revised your ego conception or went up/down a layer through the onion, or something like that.

Maybe not though I'm not sure what it was like for you.
>>
Martha Goodbanks - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 16:18:26 EST ID:bBbM9Fwz No.357435 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357434
Or it could even be the result of decreased communication instead of increased, something like fracturing what was already whole so that they appear to be multiple rather than all the same thing. Although this was not -my- experience, I am an unreliable narrator and it would be in keeping with the dissociative theme.
>>
Hugh Cinkinkedge - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 18:31:37 EST ID:aCZW6Wd6 No.357440 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357434

Can you explain some more what you mean by faces?
>>
Emma Bodgehood - Sat, 18 Nov 2017 23:31:06 EST ID:Y7Cz+CU+ No.357445 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1511065866050.jpg -(2025845B / 1.93MB, 1015x1007) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
4th plat is disconnection from everything. nonsense. perspective change to out of it. i get open and closed eye visuals on 4th plat.
>>
Nathaniel Murdstock - Sun, 19 Nov 2017 01:59:23 EST ID:/+tA2WuY No.357446 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>357314
The 4th plateau is pretty neat. You get to experience things you've never experienced in ways you've never imagined.
Second by second, realities pass by and you're left there in awe and confusion at what is happening.
Honestly, I'd recommend a 4th plateau dose to any experienced dexxer as a one-time kind of thing if you're curious. I wouldn't personally do a 4th plat trip again, though.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.