[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Visuals of /dis/ by Alice Chogglefield - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 06:20:26 EST ID:2XqtVhki No.362526 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1531045226490.jpg -(10135B / 9.90KB, 256x256) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 10135
Can someone try to describe the visual aspect of dissociatives to someone who's only tried psychedelics so far?
>>
Jarvis Dumblemeck - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 07:57:12 EST ID:w9mXFleX No.362528 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>362526
Yo momma
>>
Charlotte Dinningson - Sun, 08 Jul 2018 11:19:23 EST ID:6CHLpupH No.362529 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531063163590.jpg -(553824B / 540.84KB, 1223x792) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've only had experience with DXM as far as /dis/ go, although I've had fairly extensive use with it, and on the psychedelic side the only one I have significant experience with is 1p-LSD (but that I've taken 50+ times).

I'd say it's darker, and more inwardly focused. Rather than seeing shifting patterns or wavy textures, I see intricate fractal and geometric patterns when I close my eyes, even entire worlds that come alive behind my eyelids if the dose is high enough. It reminds me of being underwater, it's kind of blurry and murky and in motion but not in the way psychedelics make things move, if that makes sense.

That being said, /dis/ is a whole different beast from /psy/. Generally if you stick with the classic psy's (LSD, shrooms, DMT and ayahuasca) you're safe, fine and dandy, but dissociatives aren't that simple, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to anyone, ESPECIALLY DXM. It's a strange, strange thing, and I've had some seriously powerful delusions while under its influence (although thankfully nothing that persisted into the rest of my life) that I never experience on LSD. When I talk to people under the influence of /dis/ I sound like a psychotic crazy person, with acid I just sound a little high and out of it. That's all anecdotal though so take it with a grain of salt.

Pic is something pretty close to some of the closed eye visuals I've had in the past.
>>
Betsy Grimfield - Mon, 09 Jul 2018 22:02:36 EST ID:BKrFBK2q No.362556 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531188156812.jpg -(50242B / 49.06KB, 638x501) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>362529
>When I talk to people under the influence of /dis/ I sound like a psychotic crazy person, with acid I just sound a little high and out of it. That's all anecdotal though so take it with a grain of salt.

Tbf, /dis/ drugs are waaaay more intoxicating than /psy/ drugs and tend to cause more ataxia, speech problems (or not being to speak at all), and blurred vision. I also read that /psy/ drugs cause the "positive" symptoms of schizophrenia (hallucinations, delusions, racing thoughts) and /dis/ causes more of the negative symptoms of schizophrenia (disorganized thoughts, body image distortions, lack of emotion, etc). It's also proven thay /psy/ drugs improve your pattern recogonition while /dis/ drugs suppress pattern recognition.This also reflects the thought process and speech on /psy/ and /dis/. /psy/ drugs seem to make everything interconnected in some way but /dis/ makes your thoughts and words disconnected and random. There's also no way you can hide how high you are with /dis/ drugs.( pic related)
>>
Priscilla Lightforth - Tue, 10 Jul 2018 10:58:20 EST ID:ChnmOetu No.362561 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>362529
OP here, thanks for the responses. I'll definitely be trying dissociatives, I've had some really fucked up trips on /psy/s but I still enjoyed them so I want to see what /dis/ has to offer. I'm not gonna jump into strong doses right away though, I want to test the waters first. Where I live it's actually a lot easier to get ket than DXM so that'll probably be my first /dis/ but I appreciate you sharing your experience with DXM.

Funny you should post that picture because that looks very much like something I'd see on LSD, except it would be more colorful. I guess it's tough to really put any visuals into words properly so I'll have to see for myself.
>>
Oliver Dimbledog - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 06:11:56 EST ID:d4RZ2ug/ No.362607 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531390316914.jpg -(150228B / 146.71KB, 720x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've tried the classic psychedelics enough times to realize I don't want want anything to do with them. A lot of pain and bad trips, not sure why I don't get along with /psy/.

IME, dissociatives improve lateral thinking... but take a large enough dose, and you'll find yourself making connections other people scratch their heads at, while believing you share consciousness with said person. There's a "cognitive blunting" effect I find very irritating with many /dis/ drugs; it's very hard to think, or type, or do much of anything. As another poster intimated, perhaps that mimics the "negative" schizo effects.

Your first responder said dissociatives are "darker," visually, and I have to agree. Especially with DXM (but to some extent, with all of them I've tried) there's a subtle "redshifting" effect. I see more toward that end of the spectum, and everything is darker and further away.

On low to mid doses, that distancing effect is the only visual you'll see (if you're doing the dissociative by itself), and that's more of a headspace thing than anything. Everything feels further away, and certain stimuli become profoundly significant (I have cried for the beauty of certain audio/video before. RIP, MXE - though that's possible with other /dis/).

Someone else noted delusions - which is important, because you might be absolutely convinced it's a good idea to grab your straight-edge friend, tell him what you're on and offer him some, or give your bank account info to the first guy you see on the street. It's usually more involved/entertaining than that... but the social consequences can be real.

I was in an accident a few years ago, and became convinced (during the more recent trip) that I'd died during the trip to the hospital, and everything since then was a hallucination of my dying brain. Stuff like that - just make it a rule to postpone decisions and conversations till morning.

Most visuals show up in the higher doses, or in the "hole." Crossing the threshold to a hole dose is a completely different experience. Parts (or all, in a true hole) of your vision get replaced with whatever strange awesomeness is in your mind. They'll draw some tangential relationship to reality (bright lights, strong temperatures, music) but not in a way that anyone would recognize. I once holed staring at my ceiling fan (bad idea) which became the nexus of a self-contained universe that I - as a photon or something - kept orbiting. And that was all I knew. Strong /dis/ trips can be hard to associate with reality (and therefore remember/assimilate) for that reason.

The best /dis/ trips (like good MXE, or a k-hole) have a very clean/pure feeling that's hard to describe. The k-hole is the cleanest, coldest drifting. Turn out the lights, take enough K... it's liberating, cleansing. The feeling stayed with me for some time following an MXE dose, departed with the hole for K (sub-hole K experiences were always a little scratchy, irritating for me). I chased the "cleansing" experience quite a bit. It's what I always wanted from drugs - or life - a kind of sharp, cool clarity. I legitimately long for that clarity.

"Inferior" MXE had some substandard feels, but striking visuals in darkness, drifting through a transparent spirit world. Actually a lot of mid-high dose (but sub-hole) /dis/ visuals are like this. Turn out all the lights, make it completely dark, and there are incredible visuals you never expected. I sometimes found it possible to stare at an image and trance out into a kind of vision with the right music (repetitive, trance/meditation).

Unique for K - IME - out-of-body experiences. Leaving your skin and floating in the corner of the room seems common. I've eveperienced it and seen a number of posts to that effect.

...if you are DEXING. Try smoking damiana. Back in the day, I found a unique visual synergy between the two drugs when I smoked it after the peak. It kept the trip interesting.
>>
Eugene Dreffingfield - Thu, 12 Jul 2018 13:15:09 EST ID:/+nZXI4I No.362612 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531415709783.gif -(455367B / 444.69KB, 200x113) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Frederick Nittingdale - Fri, 13 Jul 2018 05:32:51 EST ID:G04JlR4k No.362621 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>362612
Pretty close
>>
Shitting Pockhall - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:37:27 EST ID:VpHzqvC4 No.362638 Ignore Report Quick Reply
similar to a good, introspective psych trip in terms of empathy and emotion, introspection, disconnection, music enhancement, and way dilated time. (you can boost the psych similarities with weed)

the visuals are mostly drifting and double vision, along with some closed eye visuals and on very high doses you can see entities and landscapes. the main part of the trip consists of feeling a very real sensation of floating and moving. listen to some good music and smoke and you'll feel yourself flying through space, you can be on the ceiling if you put your mind to it. the trip is very care free and peaceful.

As for music you don't want anything that loud or intense or bubbly like on psychs. Lean towards ambient, drone, electronic, space rock, generally atmospheric stuff.

Movies are cool but once you're hitting the 3rd plateau and are done coming up then you'll be too confused to watch anything.

I can't emphasize how good weed is with dis. Especially dxm. weed will flesh out the psychedelic side and the euphoria. the first few dxm trips are great on their own, but god damn weed is amazing with it.
>>
Cyril Shittingbanks - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:19:06 EST ID:Qh7udwMx No.362640 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531603146641.gif -(995849B / 972.51KB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Or this one
>>
Cyril Shittingbanks - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:21:16 EST ID:Qh7udwMx No.362641 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531603276641.gif -(2366873B / 2.26MB, 200x113) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
sometimes also this
>>
Cyril Shittingbanks - Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:24:36 EST ID:Qh7udwMx No.362642 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531603476641.gif -(416530B / 406.77KB, 200x110) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
maybe also dis
>>
Rebecca Clarrywater - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:35:58 EST ID:q7LkbHZC No.362654 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531679758864.gif -(802319B / 783.51KB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
ill post some
>>
William Shakestone - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:36:31 EST ID:oYCkX79G No.362655 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>362612
This is pretty good. Not the colors or grid pattern particularly but laying on your bed flying through space and rapid speeds.

>>362641
This is also good but less boxy and more blobbbish.
>>
Rebecca Clarrywater - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:38:08 EST ID:q7LkbHZC No.362656 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531679888864.gif -(633725B / 618.87KB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
cause these are pretty accurate
>>
Rebecca Clarrywater - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:40:25 EST ID:q7LkbHZC No.362657 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531680025864.gif -(3139354B / 2.99MB, 400x303) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
heres one more
>>
Rebecca Clarrywater - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:47:34 EST ID:q7LkbHZC No.362658 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531680454864.gif -(4444572B / 4.24MB, 303x303) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>362657
shit forgot to resize nb
>>
Rebecca Clarrywater - Sun, 15 Jul 2018 14:49:01 EST ID:q7LkbHZC No.362659 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1531680541864.gif -(3305426B / 3.15MB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>362658
DELET
>>
Oliver Sollerbury - Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:30:19 EST ID:Hv5tDeEr No.362671 Ignore Report Quick Reply
My only noteworthy /dis/ experience is dxm, but I'm a graduate student by far. The 3rd plateau and above, where dxm becomes more prominently psychedelic, the open eye visuals are much less prominent than those of standard psychedelics. They're more relatable to visual distortions than outright fractals like you would observe on lsd or mushrooms. Shadows and edges of surfaces distort and move, and things might appear to be covered in a layer of "saran wrap like" material that has a slight shifting sheen to it. In low light situations the open eye visuals can be incredibly intense as your closed eye visuals show up in the low light of the room.

The closed eye visuals are where the magic really happens. This is why I find it desirable to trip in a very dimly lit room with a large open, clean floor to lay on. The closed eye visuals on dxm are unlike anything I've ever experienced from the two dozen plus psychedelics I've tried. The fractal patterns can be very similar, but it also gives me an ability to conjure images of my thoughts into my closed eye space at will. I can just lay there with my eyes close and then immediately travel across planet earth, flying over tree tops and over rolling hills, coming to stop in a large city somewhere, or I wander through vast alien landscapes.

It's really mind blowing at times, saying this as someone who has broken through on dmt more than a half dozen times. The higher doses of dxm are something very, very special to me. It connects me to god and brings me home to the place in my psyche where nostalgia lingers. Just as a closing statement, I've had incredibly vivid and intense open eye visuals on upper third plat doses. It can be really disorienting if you aren't used to navigating on dxm, so I suggest easing your way into the third plateau.
>>
Lillian Sinderridge - Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:36:32 EST ID:cR0PXvUC No.362698 Ignore Report Quick Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-wSbInagg
>>
Frederick Shittingham - Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:43:59 EST ID:oYCkX79G No.362699 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>362698
Cool video. Here's another one that also has a disso vibe to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmaJTpJpUiU

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.