420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Same Three Settings by Fuck Buzzman - Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:48:08 EST ID:DUGE6cnO No.45495 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1487206088807.jpg -(52566B / 51.33KB, 646x341) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 52566
Hey fellas, had a question about my dreams. When I was younger, I would dream about all sorts of things, with all sorts of perspectives, some happy, some scary, some sad. For the last couple of years, however, 90% of my dreams take place in:

1) Malls
2) Schools
3) Airports

Every once in a while, I'll have a dream with a mall-airport, or a school-mall, etc. I'm always me in these dreams, and I am generally much happier in these dreams than I am in real life. What's strange is that I have social anxiety, and malls really fuck with me, but in these dreams, everything is awesome. Why is this?
>>
Angus Drummleture - Thu, 16 Feb 2017 04:15:20 EST ID:zzQurSQx No.45496 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Malls- a reflection of one's view of capitalism, materialism, and society's boner for those concepts. You may be feeling overwhelmed by society's standards, or feel like a 'mannequin' of sorts, your own happiness tied to the perceptions of others
Schools- a reflection of one's own knowledge and experiences, held against the infinitely vast collections of others. You may be feeling trapped or confused, or simply craving to 'learn' from the experience of others without leaving your own protective space.
Airports- A reflection of exchange, usually of ideas. Context is especially important here- you may be feeling isolated, unable to communicate or 'spread your wings', or you may feel caught up in public affairs and unable to focus on yourself.

It sounds like, even though you are dealing with anxiety, you really want to reach out to people. But you are uncomfortable sharing your true self, instead taking on a sort of public persona.
Don't worry about other people's perceptions too much, FuckBuzz. You don't have to put on an act or assimilate to a group to form meaningful connections with people. I have social anxiety too, I know it is difficult to get past your fears and allow yourself to be vulnerable. You aren't the only one who feels that way, and you may be surprised how many people can relate to you if you open up to them a little. You may get hurt, or hurt others, but that is just a part of social interaction. That hurt comes from the disappointment of your own expectations, but ignoring or eliminating your own desires for companionship won't fix this, it will just give you a steady, mild kind of hurt, instead of the occasional deep cut.
Maybe you should talk to someone you haven't seen in a while. Or maybe you should try to find a new way to meet people near you, whether it is some kind of hobby or group that will allow you to socialize in a way that doesn't feel scripted. This is just my analysis of course, I don't have many details to go off so forgive me if I totally missed the mark. Either way, I hope you find a way to make thing as awesome as they seem in your dreams. Good luck Buzzman
>>
Thomas Sollyfuck - Sun, 19 Feb 2017 02:54:33 EST ID:hZj4IGSw No.45497 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Malls- a common target of mass terror attacks
Schools- a common target of mass terror attacks
Airports- a common target of mass terror attacks

It sounds like, you are a terrorist
>>
Isabella Hashcocke - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 00:37:04 EST ID:yjUTcHBK No.45501 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Malls are just aesthetic as fuck. I dream about them all the time too. You'll probably love the Dead Mall series (guy tours "dead malls" which are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78geZglBiQ&list=PLNz4Un92pGNxQ9vNgmnCx7dwchPJGJ3IQ
>>
Hannah Sucklebury - Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:53:44 EST ID:CydJnUEm No.45503 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Are you me OP?
Those are my top three locations too, if you fit train stations in with airports. I wonder if this is common.
>>
Jack Gundlekan - Tue, 07 Mar 2017 19:35:53 EST ID:siDzaXEH No.45543 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45503
I dream bout all three of these places frequently. Also themes parks. They're always M.C. Escher esque and tall and convoluted like the inside of a skyscraper.
>>
Edwin Huffingfoot - Wed, 08 Mar 2017 17:03:55 EST ID:4ok1wT+P No.45544 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1489010635173.png -(158656B / 154.94KB, 540x385) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>45543
you crave acceptance but fear becoming like those you seek acceptance from
>>
Reuben Gushridge - Wed, 08 Mar 2017 17:48:20 EST ID:HzqUKA5O No.45545 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45544
interesting... care to break it down for me? I always thought it was social anxiety showing up in my dreams, because I do have it (not cripplingly) in my waking life.
>>
Samuel Feffingshit - Thu, 09 Mar 2017 19:44:47 EST ID:4ok1wT+P No.45546 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>45545
Places like Malls, Schools, Airports, and Theme Parks are sort of like iconic settings in the brain for someplace *public*. As such, our subconscious interpretation of 'the public' is reflected in our interpretations of the environment. When you describe the interior as being very convoluted in appearance, this is probably similar to how you feel about social structure. It is over-elaborate and leaves you feeling lost.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.